What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Marvel's Daredevil series on Netflix (2 Viewers)

May be time for a re-watching of this entire series.
I just started re-watching this last weekend with my 12 year old who is a big marvel fan but had not seen it. I forgot how violent it was. Still, at 12, I think he can handle it. We are about halfway through season 1. I had totally forgotten about the Hawkeye connection so we were both  :shock:  at the ending last night. Marvel is awesome

I just started re-watching this last weekend with my 12 year old who is a big marvel fan but had not seen it. I forgot how violent it was. Still, at 12, I think he can handle it. We are about halfway through season 1. I had totally forgotten about the Hawkeye connection so we were both  :shock:  at the ending last night. Marvel is awesome
I remember being rather shocked with Kingpin crushes that guys head in the car door and thinking, "yeah, this show isn't OK for kids to watch".

May be time for a re-watching of this entire series.
Not sure about that, the actors and their characters will likely be in the MCU going forward but their origins and backstories in the series aren't canon for MCU and won't be carried over.

Not sure about that, the actors and their characters will likely be in the MCU going forward but their origins and backstories in the series aren't canon for MCU and won't be carried over.
Lighten up, Francis.

As long as its Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio playing the roles, it is the same character no matter what they choose to reference.  

Lighten up, Francis.

As long as its Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio playing the roles, it is the same character no matter what they choose to reference.  
:shrug: Makes no sense to me to re-watch a show where nothing from it plays any part in the MCU going forward. Nothing in their interactions or their story will be carried forward. The issues with Froggy or Karen or literally anything will be carried forward.

:shrug: Makes no sense to me to re-watch a show where nothing from it plays any part in the MCU going forward. Nothing in their interactions or their story will be carried forward. The issues with Froggy or Karen or literally anything will be carried forward.
I get what you are saying.

I'm just excited about the characters again....don't feel like I need to gain any knowledge or backstory or anything....just a celebration that they are finally acknowledging the Netflix Marvel world in the MCU.

I get what you are saying.

I'm just excited about the characters again....don't feel like I need to gain any knowledge or backstory or anything....just a celebration that they are finally acknowledging the Netflix Marvel world in the MCU.
Agree on that 100%! Charlie Cox, Vincent D'Onofrio and Jon Bernthal are perfectly cast. Krysten Ritter is an ok casting.

Hawks64 said:
karen is so hot

:shrug: Makes no sense to me to re-watch a show where nothing from it plays any part in the MCU going forward. 
Being entertained down?

Whether or not something is "MCU going forward" seems ridiculous to me.  The source material "retconned" stuff all the time.  If you came to a comic series late to the party, would you ignore the earlier issues?  

Following his appearance at Marvel Studios’ D23 presentation, Charlie Cox spoke about Daredevil: Born Again with several outlets. While Cox was quick to note that he hasn’t yet read any of the scripts for the 18-episode Disney+ series, he did tell Extra that he doesn’t expect Born Again to be a straightforward continuation of his Netflix show.

“My feeling is, based on the title, Born Again, I think that the sense is it’s gonna be a new beginning, it’s going to be different. It’s going to be tonally different,” Cox said. “It’s going to be new stories, and new ideas.” The actor also said, “Like Kevin [Feige] said, it’s a Season 1, it’s not Season 4, so it’s a whole new thing. Which is, I think, the right way to go. If you are going to do it again, let’s do it differently.”

Cautiously optimistic. Last I read none of the original shows writers are involved. So I’ll give it a chance for sure but expectations are low given how disappointing (IMO) most of the MCU D+ shows have been so far.

i hope that the daredeviler comes back and that he has a sidekick who is better than foggy and i for one hope that sidekick is none other than moana it makes sense because they are both disney and no one can fight a ninja like moana so bam sorry about the spoiler but that is probably how it will go down take that to the bank bromigos

Cautiously optimistic. Last I read none of the original shows writers are involved. So I’ll give it a chance for sure but expectations are low given how disappointing (IMO) most of the MCU D+ shows have been so far.
:shrug: I thought they have all been good to excellent so far, the fact that its the original actors I have faith they will knock it out of the park again. Don't forget, based on reviews, most only loved DD and Punisher. JJ, Luke Cage were meh for a lot of folks, and most downright hated Iron Fist. Defenders was somewhere between watchable and meh for most all.

I personally loved all but Iron Fist, thought it was ok.

:shrug: I thought they have all been good to excellent so far, the fact that its the original actors I have faith they will knock it out of the park again. Don't forget, based on reviews, most only loved DD and Punisher. JJ, Luke Cage were meh for a lot of folks, and most downright hated Iron Fist. Defenders was somewhere between watchable and meh for most all.

I personally loved all but Iron Fist, thought it was ok.
To each their own, which is why I said IMO. I’ve only thought Loki and WandaVision were really good myself. I enjoyed Hawkeye. The rest have been meh to outright bad (FatWS was downright terrible, once again, IMO.) And WV was kind of completely rendered pointless by MoM. The D+ Star Wars shows have been equally disappointing as well other than parts of Mando. If I wasn’t getting D+ for free I’d probably have cancelled it by now (I don’t have kids.)

And WV was kind of completely rendered pointless by MoM.
What do you mean - MoM was directly tied to Wanda Vision?
A common complaint about Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is that it completely undercuts Wanda’s arc in WandaVision, and the entirety of the Disney+ show. Not everyone agrees with that I know, but I definitely felt that way when I saw Multiverse of Madness. And that’s with the comic knowledge that the Darkhold corrupts everyone who reads it. My wife for example was totally confused on why Wanda was now bad, and while she has no comic knowledge, she did watch AofS season 4 which featured the Darkhold and had to remind her about those episodes and how it corrupts everyone who reads it.

Users who are viewing this thread