What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Mets vs. Royals World Series Thread *** KC Champs! (3 Viewers)

Wow. Nice touch from the Giants there.Also dig that they picked out a local institution for the business. The Royals do a lot of promotional and non-profit work with Papa John's (Minsky's is more closely tied with Sporting KC than the Royals), but I appreciate that someone over at Giants HQ took the time to pick a local place. Good food, too.

Best revelation from Victory Rally: Moose and Medlen installed a clubhouse ritual acknowledging good efforts and little plays after each win with "two claps and a Ric Flair" (CLAP-CLAP-"WOOOO!")

Best fan sign from Victory Rally: "THOR WEARS ALCIDES ESCOBAR PAJAMAS"

Best player speech: Gomes.

"Cy Young Award winner? Played on another team. We beat him.

Rookie of the Year? Played on another team. We beat him.

MVP? Played on another team. We beat him, too."

Then dropped mic and exited the center of the stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best revelation from Victory Rally: Moose and Medlen installed a clubhouse ritual acknowledging good efforts and little plays after each win with "two claps and a Ric Flair" (CLAP-CLAP-"WOOOO!")

Technically, I suppose.

Technically, I suppose.
On the scale of egregious misuse of "we" in sports, that rates pretty low.

Other solid moments...

Salvador Perez mic'ed up and hiding behind a couple guys on stage and starting a "Sal-vy! Sal-vy! Sal-vy!" chant.

(Seemed like a #### move on paper, but Salvy is a big teddy bear. He pulled it off.)

Alcides Escobar finishing his speech with "Thank You, Zack Greinke!"

(Cain and Escobar turned out to be a decent haul for Greinke when he was halfway out the door.)

ma ya MCM hit .213 this year and didn't take a postseason AB but he still tryna talk some hype #### at the parade fall back son

Very dislikeable team.
what's not to like? other than over-chirping about that one pitch, i find this Royals team very root-able (to coin a word).

really admire how they play the game.
Seriously? They were involved in every brawl that went down all season. Ventura/Trout incident is all on KC, Ventura/Lawrie is all on KC, brawl vs. Toronto is all on KC. The comments today.

I don't buy the whole narrative on them either. They are a good team, but the advance scouting myth making is kind of hilarious (did anyone not know Lucas Duda and Jose Bautista don't field their positions well?) and the act like this roster was built around some great design... like Eric Hosmer was an uber prospect and now he's become Sean Casey but somehow that's all part of the plan and Hochevar was 1.01 and now he's a setup man and that was part of the whole design.

Plus, I think bandwagon BD is an ####### and they eliminated Toronto.

Very dislikeable team.
what's not to like? other than over-chirping about that one pitch, i find this Royals team very root-able (to coin a word).

Seriously? They were involved in every brawl that went down all season. Ventura/Trout incident is all on KC, Ventura/Lawrie is all on KC, brawl vs. Toronto is all on KC. The comments today.

I don't buy the whole narrative on them either. They are a good team, but the advance scouting myth making is kind of hilarious (did anyone not know Lucas Duda and Jose Bautista don't field their positions well?) and the act like this roster was built around some great design... like Eric Hosmer was an uber prospect and now he's become Sean Casey but somehow that's all part of the plan and Hochevar was 1.01 and now he's a setup man and that was part of the whole design.

Agree with this, but for a different reason. Check out the article and video clips.

Very dislikeable team.

Seriously? They were involved in every brawl that went down all season. Ventura/Trout incident is all on KC, Ventura/Lawrie is all on KC, brawl vs. Toronto is all on KC. The comments today.I don't buy the whole narrative on them either. They are a good team, but the advance scouting myth making is kind of hilarious (did anyone not know Lucas Duda and Jose Bautista don't field their positions well?) and the act like this roster was built around some great design... like Eric Hosmer was an uber prospect and now he's become Sean Casey but somehow that's all part of the plan and Hochevar was 1.01 and now he's a setup man and that was part of the whole design.

If I offered to donate $10 to your favorite charity for every negative comment I've made about you as a person on these boards, minus $10 for every negative comment you've made about me as a person.... what do you think your favorite charity would do with that negative 50 dollars?

Very dislikeable team.

Curly's suffered long and hard these past thirteen months.

They were involved in every brawl that went down all season.
I will wager any amount of money you want that this statement is not true. No ceiling. I'll bet my house on it.

Ventura/Trout incident is all on KC,
Yep. When Perez stepped in, it was to back Ventura away, telling him he was out of line. Ventura still has a lot of growing up to do as a pitcher, and even more as a person. The team even tried to send him down to AAA midseason over his maturity issues, but had the plane turn around when Vargas got hurt and another spot opened up in the rotation.

Ventura/Lawrie is all on KC,
Lawrie had a questionable slide out of the basepaths that took out Escobar pretty bad. I won't say Herrera's response was appropriate or proportional; slides like Lawrie's happen regularly in MLB. But had Lawrie slid directly into the base nothing else would have happened. A more mature pitcher doesn't escalate the situation, but it was an escalation.

brawl vs. Toronto is all on KC.
Disagree, but there are no words or video that would change your mind. So I'll just agree to disagree and move on.

The comments today.
Now you're just trolling us. You can't possibly. No. Trolling. Gotta be trolling. I suggest watching the video of the rally in its full context before commenting further about what happened there. Just like I would recommend that a person read the book, listen to the song, or see the movie before making up their mind about it.

They are a good team, but the advance scouting myth making is kind of hilarious (did anyone not know Lucas Duda and Jose Bautista don't field their positions well?)
I suggest reading the Verducci article about the ALCS. The Bautista report was much more specific than "he's bad". It was a specific reaction to specific situation that created the opportunity to score a runner from first without hitting a ball to the fence or starting the runner on the pitch. I think even you would agree scoring from first on a single is an unusual event.

That Verducci article also contains content explaining how the Royals decoded Price and made that big rally in Game 2.

I agree with you that reaction to Hosmer's run in the 9th was overblown. Because of what we had seen earlier, the assumption was the Royals had found an advantage to exploit. In the moment I know I had that thought "they must have scouted that!" and probably posted that here. But it turned out Hosmer was running on his own; Jirschele, normally a madman when it comes to sending runners to third or home, disagreed with Hosmer's read and wanted him to stay at third.

and the act like this roster was built around some great design... like Eric Hosmer was an uber prospect and now he's become Sean Casey but somehow that's all part of the plan and Hochevar was 1.01 and now he's a setup man and that was part of the whole design.
Cite this. Find anyone in the press or blogosphere claiming this with a straight face. This smells like straw. It will be very difficult to find someone who tracks the Royals closely and believes Dayton Moore knew what he was doing all along, much less had a master plan for the organization from top to bottom. They fell back-asswards into a lineup with a low K-rate. They weren't scouring the USA and Caribbean looking for guys who loved to swing at the first pitch.

They even fell backwards into their plus-plus defense. Gordon was a failed 3B who had to move to a corner outfield spot to save his career. There wasn't a whole lot of evidence to suggest he would be awesome at running down fly balls to left.

Most people on this board who think I'm an ####### exhibit a pattern of behavior centered around feeling entitled to their own set of facts or their own set of rules. I wouldn't expect you to be an exception.

Totally get not liking the team that eliminated your favorite team. No shortage of examples of that in any sport at any level.

Very dislikeable team.
Just like your face.
Very dislikeable fan.
**** In Son is dumb and an #######
Took you a week to come up with that one, Shark Pool? Huh. I'd hate to see the ones you crumpled up and threw in the trash. If you want to charge me rent for being so deep in your head, I'm cool with that. Just let me know what your rates are.

Very dislikeable team.
Just like your face.
Very dislikeable fan.
Took you a week to come up with that one, Shark Pool? Huh. I'd hate to see the ones you crumpled up and threw in the trash. If you want to charge me rent for being so deep in your head, I'm cool with that. Just let me know what your rates are.
I wasn't home for several days and thought you were done with the Syndergaard first pitch talk. It appears it will not end as you do not stand by your word.

Very dislikeable team.
Just like your face.
Very dislikeable fan.
There were comments made about players and teams. Your comments were foolish and dumb. You got mad and made a juvenile personal attack. Since I am a ####### at times, I responded to your pathetic message board actions. I will now exit this thread and you can have the last word. Write something stupid about Syndergaard again.

Very dislikeable team.
Just like your face.
Very dislikeable fan.
There were comments made about players and teams. Your comments were foolish and dumb. You got mad and made a juvenile personal attack. Since I am a ###### at times, I responded to your pathetic message board actions. I will now exit this thread and you can have the last word. Write something stupid about Syndergaard again.
I can assure you I wasn't mad for more than five seconds over the entire postseason. I have no idea what you're accusing me of, and how any of it could have been as bad as your pedophilia joke. Sorry I bothered you so much, but I don't need recall us having any interaction before you came in here and starting calling me names and such. So I'm really at a loss why you're so upset.

What the hell is going on in this thread?

It's just a game played by millionaires, paid by billionaire that we watch on tv

Users who are viewing this thread