What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official NFC Championship Thread: Seahawks v 49ers*** (1 Viewer)

Who wins?

• Total voters
I'm over the loss now...SF beat themselves, and up until the end they had every Seahawk fan crapping their pants.

I have to root against any team in the NFCW in the SB...there's only one team in the division I root for when it comes to the Lombardi trophy.

And I ain't mad at Sherman...that interview was seconds after the game...emotions were running high, and he was amped up in front of a frenzied crowd. Toolish, yes, but he's always been one. Nothing new. Great player though.

I'm over the loss now...SF beat themselves, and up until the end they had every Seahawk fan crapping their pants.

I have to root against any team in the NFCW in the SB...there's only one team in the division I root for when it comes to the Lombardi trophy.

And I ain't mad at Sherman...that interview was seconds after the game...emotions were running high, and he was amped up in front of a frenzied crowd. Toolish, yes, but he's always been one. Nothing new. Great player though.
Here we go. It wasn't that Seattle won the game, it's that SF lost it. You're correct that every fan (on both sides of the ball) were nervous going into the last minute of the game. But man up--SF was beat.

mad sweeney said:
Sherman has looked infinitely better in each interview after that first one. Fifth round guy who grew up in the ghetto makes the game winning play against the best player (who hate each other) supposedly ever to send them to the SB and you want him to act like he's been there before (he hasn't) and not be an emotional tornado? I've repeatedly said that I don't like his antics and he certainly didn't change that today, but judging him off that tirade in that moment is pretty silly. Especially for whoever is complaining about him is the kind of person who repeatedly points to their lack of championships yet expect them to act like he's been there before.
I understand that Seattle fans love them some Sherman, but please don't make excuses for his behavior. It's one thing to "not act like you've been there before" and celebrate emphatically, but another to proclaim yourself GOAT and opposing players as "sorry" (after a victory nonetheless), not to mention the Carroll-esque choke gestures, and his trademark facetious pat on the butt. Even in the post game press conference he was still taking personal potshots. I mean c'mon you won the game (in which you were favored). The way he acted in that andrews interview you'd think they lost. Kids come up from the ghetto and make it in the NFL all the time, none have had egregiously poor sportsmanship like Sherman.

The crappy part of it all is that the media is always hungry for material and know Sherman can't but help himself when it's camera time. The result is his scuzz behavior gets broadcasted more and more and gets increasingly worse as the seahawks find more success. An unfortunate correlation I would think from a seattle fan's standpoint.
I don't make excuses for him and I've ben critical of his behavior repeatedly over the last two years. I was just pointing out the difference between 3 minutes after the biggest play of a young player's life and 15 minutes.

Here we go. It wasn't that Seattle won the game, it's that SF lost it. You're correct that every fan (on both sides of the ball) were nervous going into the last minute of the game. But man up--SF was beat.
Sorry dude, its a fact. Kaep's INT at the end lost the game. Why is it so important for some fans to need vindication by hearing that their team did something specific to win? Just be happy with the win and enjoy the ride and don't worry about my view on what happened.

Sorry dude, its a fact. Kaep's INT at the end lost the game. Why is it so important for some fans to need vindication by hearing that their team did something specific to win? Just be happy with the win and enjoy the ride and don't worry about my view on what happened.
Why is it so important for some fans to need to have vindication by saying it was their team that lost instead of their team was beaten by an equal team?

mad sweeney said:
Sherman has looked infinitely better in each interview after that first one. Fifth round guy who grew up in the ghetto makes the game winning play against the best player (who hate each other) supposedly ever to send them to the SB and you want him to act like he's been there before (he hasn't) and not be an emotional tornado? I've repeatedly said that I don't like his antics and he certainly didn't change that today, but judging him off that tirade in that moment is pretty silly. Especially for whoever is complaining about him is the kind of person who repeatedly points to their lack of championships yet expect them to act like he's been there before.
Yeah he carried himself worlds better proceeding that emotional tirade.

Having time to digest it....very heat of the moment. Hopefully though he will learn from that. You do have million and millions of small kids watching that. You gotta have a tad more professionalism in the future.

But in the heat of the moment it also came off as low class and really not called for. But since he was able to reel it in following that....it seemed a lot more "heat of the moment" than anything else.

I can cut him some slack in that regard. It was such a great play to end the game and propel his team into the Super Bowl. Just a huge play that will live in infamy in the lore of Seattle Seahawks football.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why is it so important for some fans to justify how their team beat themselves? If you think that was Seattle's top game and all that needed to happen was for SF to play better you're sorely mistaken. Seattle could have played better too and this game ends as a blowout a la the last two times SF came up here.

The game is over and the better team won. Get over yourself with the "we beat ourselves" garbage. With all the talk about classlessness from Sherman, take a second to consider what you're saying. Ok, well I know you won't see it as the same but trust me, it is.

Why is it so important for some fans to need to have vindication by saying it was their team that lost instead of their team was beaten by an equal team?
Why do do some people worry so much about what other people say on an internet forum?Enjoy the ride to the SB. If Seattle loses, be prepared for a cut wrenching feeling. As a fan there's no worse feeling than losing a Super Bowl...of course, if you're not a bandwagoner and have been a Hawk fan for a while you already know what that feels like...but for some reason I get the feeling that you weren't on the wagon until recently.

Why is it so important for some fans to justify how their team beat themselves? If you think that was Seattle's top game and all that needed to happen was for SF to play better you're sorely mistaken. Seattle could have played better too and this game ends as a blowout a la the last two times SF came up here.

The game is over and the better team won. Get over yourself with the "we beat ourselves" garbage. With all the talk about classlessness from Sherman, take a second to consider what you're saying. Ok, well I know you won't see it as the same but trust me, it is.
Lol. I'm not gonna get into a pissing match here. I stated my opinion. I'm sorry if you can't accept my POV. Enjoy the next 2 weeks, Its a fun ride.

Why do do some people worry so much about what other people say on an internet forum?Enjoy the ride to the SB. If Seattle loses, be prepared for a cut wrenching feeling. As a fan there's no worse feeling than losing a Super Bowl...of course, if you're not a bandwagoner and have been a Hawk fan for a while you already know what that feels like...but for some reason I get the feeling that you weren't on the wagon until recently.
:lmao:

You probably get that because you're often dead wrong. I was here for Seattle's first SB run when there was about 3 other Seahawk fans. Nice try, but at least here is an example of someone beating themselves. Now you know a little of what it's like, so it might be easier for you to recognize it in the future.

Lol. I'm not gonna get into a pissing match here. I stated my opinion. I'm sorry if you can't accept my POV. Enjoy the next 2 weeks, Its a fun ride.
I accept that people like you will say this, start calling out people's fandom and insinuating they are bandwagoners, and start talking about how to handle ourselves over the next two weeks.

I'm sorry if you can't accept that my opinion is you're acting very classless.

^lol, ruffling Sweeny's feathers is fun. I haven't seen you in the other threads so I'm gonna give you a pass. Like I said before, enjoy the ride.

Peace out!

You're not over the loss if you're still making excuses.

Wingnut said:
Congrats Hawk fans. That's all I can say right now.
I made this comment last night in the heat of the moment when emotions were still running high. Sorry if I offended anyone with it. lulz.

^lol, ruffling Sweeny's feathers is fun. I haven't seen you in the other threads so I'm gonna give you a pass. Like I said before, enjoy the ride.

Peace out!
:lmao: Another dingnut that thinks a reply is "ruffling feathers, offended, mad, etc..." If that's what you need to think to make it through your day, have at it. You're obviously inclined to believe a narrative you create to make yourself feel good.

Long Ball Larry said:
phrozen said:
Ignoramus said:
phrozen said:
Pam Oliver trying to sell her disappointed face
*long sigh* "This is difficult..."Harbaugh: "We were beaten but no man can be defeated."

Oliver: "Is that a quote?"

:lmao: classic
FTR, I think it was "A man can be destroyed, but can never be defeated."
Actually, if you're completely destroyed, you've been pretty much defeated.

Peace out!
:lmao: Another dingnut that thinks a reply is "ruffling feathers, offended, mad, etc..." If that's what you need to think to make it through your day, have at it. You're obviously inclined to believe a narrative you create to make yourself feel good.
Hey pal...I.didn't respond to one of your posts, you responded to one of mine. Why? Because you can't stand when someone doesn't bow down to your quote unquote superior team. So yes, your feathers get ruffled easily. I've seen drummer do it a thousand times, you can't argue the fact.How many posts do I have in any seahawk thread besides this one? Zero...yet I see you in 49er threads all the time. Why is that? Actually, don't answer that because I really don't care.

I'm going to do stuff in the real world now. Now to tend to your plumage, its out of sorts.

Peace out!
Hey pal...I.didn't respond to one of your posts, you responded to one of mine. Why? Because you can't stand when someone doesn't bow down to your quote unquote superior team. So yes, your feathers get ruffled easily. I've seen drummer do it a thousand times, you can't argue the fact.How many posts do I have in any seahawk thread besides this one? Zero...yet I see you in 49er threads all the time. Why is that? Actually, don't answer that because I really don't care.

I'm going to do stuff in the real world now. Now to tend to your plumage, its out of sorts.
He most certainly can, and will.

Peace out!

Your use of the "quote unqoute superior team" is a lot like a convicted prisoner trying to make people say "allegedly". Methinks the lady doth protest too much. Pretty easy to see whose feathers are actually ruffled here.

Oh, man losing the Super Bowl to me is worse than never making it. I was depressed with a sick feeling in my gut for weeks after the Hawks lost Super Bowl XL.

Great game. Niner fan here and the Seahawks won fair and square. They did what they've done all season long, which is cause turnovers and make big plays when they count. Hard to say the niners lost it rather than SEA winning it. Niners weren't good enough to win. If it had been a weak D that forced three turnovers, held everyone not named Kaepernick in total check, forced a field goal from point blank very early, etc. etc. maybe you could say the niners won it. Sure, there were opportunities for the niners that they didn't capitalize on, but the same could be said for SEA.

There were two things the niners had to do to win the game. Avoid big plays (they didn't) and not turn the ball over (they did). SEA won because they did what they do.

I seem to be in a minority, but I think Kaep made a pretty good throw to Crabtree at the end and Sherman made a hell of a play on the ball. Not a great throw, but Sherman stepped up there and great instincts by Smith to be there for the tip. I'm ok taking a quality shot like that. The real problem to me is that the niners had to rely way too much on Kaep to even be that close. Gore couldn't get anything going, VD disappeared almost entirely, and Boldin dropped a few big passes. Kaep had to be nearly spent by the fourth quarter, which explains to me the iffy decision making. It was almost like he was on round 3 in the Biathlon (or whatever they call it). It's exactly what SF did to Cam. Credit to SEA's gameplan to tire him out and forcing mistakes late.

Seattle was the better team yesterday. As much as it kills me to say this, I think Carroll outcoached Harbaugh.

I know Seattle fans kinda enjoy being the "heels" of the NFL, but this is absolutely terrible.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/01/20/seahawks-fans-throw-food-at-injured-49ers-star-navorro-bowman/

I know it doesn't reflect on all the fans, but jeez learn to root for your team with some grace.
That's been covered in several of the threads. Unfortunately, every group of people is going to have an extremely small portion of a-holes in it that do stuff like this, especially when alcohol is involved. Sherman has already spoken out about it, calling it "beyond terrible", there've been tweets about it, all Seahawks boards I've read have been critical of it. It's disgusting.

I know Seattle fans kinda enjoy being the "heels" of the NFL, but this is absolutely terrible.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/01/20/seahawks-fans-throw-food-at-injured-49ers-star-navorro-bowman/

I know it doesn't reflect on all the fans, but jeez learn to root for your team with some grace.
That's been covered in several of the threads. Unfortunately, every group of people is going to have an extremely small portion of a-holes in it that do stuff like this, especially when alcohol is involved. Sherman has already spoken out about it, calling it "beyond terrible", there've been tweets about it, all Seahawks boards I've read have been critical of it. It's disgusting.
Yeah, too bad most people could care less what he said after he behaved like an epic tool on national TV. Sherman of all people shouldn't be condeming behavior like. You need to have some shred of class if you're going to call out others for their lack of.

Yeah, too bad most people could care less what he said after he behaved like an epic tool on national TV. Sherman of all people shouldn't be condeming behavior like. You need to have some shred of class if you're going to call out others for their lack of.
Please, there's a gigantic difference between being a loud, arrogant, cocky player and fans throwing food at a severely injured player. There's a Grand Canyon gulf between the two.

Awful. In these cases I wish an off-air camera would catch the perpetrator and show it so they could be publicly condemned.

In my section we clapped as he was helped off the field. These folks entertain us--no reason to be an ####### just because of the fabric color of their uniform.

Please, there's a gigantic difference between being a loud, arrogant, cocky player and fans throwing food at a severely injured player. There's a Grand Canyon gulf between the two.
I agree with what you're saying. However when Sherman does his schtick on national TV, it unfortunately leads to fans following his lead…. and the bar for fan sportsmanship (if there even is one) is set a lot lower.

I agree with what you're saying. However when Sherman does his schtick on national TV, it unfortunately leads to fans following his lead…. and the bar for fan sportsmanship (if there even is one) is set a lot lower.
Look, I've been harshly critical of him, I've said this many times in the last 20 hours. Nothing he's done comes anywhere close to inspiring people to do what they did. Period. It's a huge gulf between the two issues.

You can be loud, arrogant and cocky and still do so while behaving with some level of class and sportmanship. Throwing choke signals and calling your defeated opponent medicore is neither of those things you mentioned. It's that behavior that gives his condemnation little to no weight.

You can be loud, arrogant and cocky and still do so while behaving with some level of class and sportmanship. Throwing choke signals and calling your defeated opponent medicore is neither of those things you mentioned. It's that behavior that gives his condemnation little to no weight.
I understand that, but at the same time if he's so detestable yet finds that to be unacceptable, then that should be an indicator to others as to how low the fan behavior was.

I understand that, but at the same time if he's so detestable yet finds that to be unacceptable, then that should be an indicator to others as to how low the fan behavior was.
Got it. By him condeming that behavior we are better able to differentiate between the least stinky pile of crap. Makes sense now.

Got it. By him condeming that behavior we are better able to differentiate between the least stinky pile of crap. Makes sense now.
Whatever you say homie. It's probably people like you, who see very little difference between an athlete thumping his chest and throwing food at a severely injured man, that actually go throw food at a severely injured man.

Whatever you say homie. It's probably people like you, who see very little difference between an athlete thumping his chest and throwing food at a severely injured man, that actually go throw food at a severely injured man.
Yes. That is the take away. People "like me" throwing food at severly injured football players.

Niners can expect a hefty fine for one of their inactive rookies hitting Lane while he was trying to get back onfield. Dude is looking at Lane and throws a shoulder. No attempt to get out of the way, he was moving into Lane. The coach that did that got $100K and was fired. That angle looked intentional, there're probably other angles that will shed more light on the subject. Everyone's focused on Sherman though so this story is getting little play. I'm not sure, but I think it was the play when James muffed the punt. Lane is usually there before the ball, I was pretty surprised he wasn't there to scoop it up.

Great game. Niner fan here and the Seahawks won fair and square. They did what they've done all season long, which is cause turnovers and make big plays when they count. Hard to say the niners lost it rather than SEA winning it. Niners weren't good enough to win. If it had been a weak D that forced three turnovers, held everyone not named Kaepernick in total check, forced a field goal from point blank very early, etc. etc. maybe you could say the niners won it. Sure, there were opportunities for the niners that they didn't capitalize on, but the same could be said for SEA.

There were two things the niners had to do to win the game. Avoid big plays (they didn't) and not turn the ball over (they did). SEA won because they did what they do.

I seem to be in a minority, but I think Kaep made a pretty good throw to Crabtree at the end and Sherman made a hell of a play on the ball. Not a great throw, but Sherman stepped up there and great instincts by Smith to be there for the tip. I'm ok taking a quality shot like that. The real problem to me is that the niners had to rely way too much on Kaep to even be that close. Gore couldn't get anything going, VD disappeared almost entirely, and Boldin dropped a few big passes. Kaep had to be nearly spent by the fourth quarter, which explains to me the iffy decision making. It was almost like he was on round 3 in the Biathlon (or whatever they call it). It's exactly what SF did to Cam. Credit to SEA's gameplan to tire him out and forcing mistakes late.

Seattle was the better team yesterday. As much as it kills me to say this, I think Carroll outcoached Harbaugh.
No offense, but that was a terrible throw. He needs to throw that to the back pylon, where only Crabtree has a chance to catch it or it's incomplete. He under threw it terribly. And I partly blame Harbaugh for not clocking it or calling a timeout to get things together. I understand to an extent that you have the defense on their heels somewhat and are driving, but there are no second chances. A trip to the Super Bowl on the line, call a timeout, talk about the play, settle things down, and coach the kid up. Just IMO, of course.

Which team has more room for improvement going into next season, taking into account the finances and draft picks?
Seattle gets Wilson one more year at discount rates. SF has to make a decision on Kaepernick. They have him locked up for another year at his original contract, but this is the offseason where he can be extended and I'm thinking its his turn to get paid.

Seattle has some decisions to make. Sherman is finishing his third year just like Kaepernick, so I'm sure he's expecting to get paid as well. Seattle's biggest decisions will come across their defensive line. Avril and Bennett were signed to one year deals. Bennett should be getting some serious money. They can probably ink both because I think Bryant and Clemons are going to be cap casualties. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Seattle go hard after Orakpo.
Avril is on a two year deal

Niners can expect a hefty fine for one of their inactive rookies hitting Lane while he was trying to get back onfield. Dude is looking at Lane and throws a shoulder. No attempt to get out of the way, he was moving into Lane. The coach that did that got $100K and was fired. That angle looked intentional, there're probably other angles that will shed more light on the subject. Everyone's focused on Sherman though so this story is getting little play. I'm not sure, but I think it was the play when James muffed the punt. Lane is usually there before the ball, I was pretty surprised he wasn't there to scoop it up.
Yeah, I'd love to see another angle or a longer video. That one just looks like Lane is running several feet behind the 49ers sideline, behind the yellow line. Which would mean he should have been penalized in addition to having run into a guy.

Yeah, I'd love to see another angle or a longer video. That one just looks like Lane is running several feet behind the 49ers sideline, behind the yellow line. Which would mean he should have been penalized in addition to having run into a guy.
Stinky

Why should a player on the sideline have to get out of the way? If I'm there, and a player is running at me, I'm going to brace myself and that's what it looked like this dude did.

The "Seahawks fans throw popcorn at injured Bowman" story is amazing. Not because of the behavior but the fact that it hasn't even proven to be an actual Seahawks fan. And if it was, it was literally ONE FAN. Let's not that get in the way of a good headline though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWz9YZZS7qs

Here is a video of Bowman being "not so classy" to Seattle fans. In the video he rips a Seahawks fans poster and throws it to the ground.

The "Seahawks fans throw popcorn at injured Bowman" story is amazing. Not because of the behavior but the fact that it hasn't even proven to be an actual Seahawks fan. And if it was, it was literally ONE FAN. Let's not that get in the way of a good headline though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWz9YZZS7qs

Here is a video of Bowman being "not so classy" to Seattle fans. In the video he rips a Seahawks fans poster and throws it to the ground.
Sounds better when you say Seahawk "fans" threw "food" at him. This way its plural and can then be extrapolated to all Seattle fans. Further, using the word food makes it sound like ketchup/mustard being slimed all over his jersey.

What does that have to do with anything? Who cares if he went off on fans, it's still lower than low to throw food at a severely injured player. Although you're right, unless there is video of other food, this is the work of one bag if popcorn. However, people trying to hedge it as maybe not even a Seattle fan or it could be an accidental spill as I've seen a small handful do, are outright absurd.

Why are you trying to justify it. Is this really the direction you want this rivalry to go?

Users who are viewing this thread