What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Their twitter/facebook posts about appearing in New Orleans said "this is only the begining." I am assuming this can only mean a broader tour is on the verge (verge in Pearl Jam terms) of being announced?

Getting drunk and watching pj videos on youtube
Saw your posting of the Ben Harper/EV Under Pressure vid...BH doesn't do that song any favors (although he has a thankless job)

Think I'm going to watch EV & Roger Waters at 12.12.12 during the hockey intermission

Then maybe some PJ20 vids

:hifive:Saw your posting of the Ben Harper/EV Under Pressure vid...BH doesn't do that song any favors (although he has a thankless job)Think I'm going to watch EV & Roger Waters at 12.12.12 during the hockey intermissionThen maybe some PJ20 vids
Yeah, under pressure is my favorite non pj song of all time, and IMO the best rock song of all time. I've taken the initiative to brainwash the twins on good music, and while they do enjoy Barney and whatnot, they know who PJ is....love elderly woman, "I wish I was" , and "nothing left". Once I edit it out, I'll post a videoNon PJ, it's the "do do do, da da da" and "under pressure". Couldn't be more proud.When I'm at my computer, they constantly come up and say "pearl jam"...which means putting elderly woman on youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm back in for Wrigley. If anyone has a ticket, please let me know. Willing to buy for face value or preferably trade a night at the Embassy Suites Downtown (currently $300ish) for it :excited:

:hifive:Saw your posting of the Ben Harper/EV Under Pressure vid...BH doesn't do that song any favors (although he has a thankless job)Think I'm going to watch EV & Roger Waters at 12.12.12 during the hockey intermissionThen maybe some PJ20 vids
Yeah, under pressure is my favorite non pj song of all time, and IMO the best rock song of all time. I've taken the initiative to brainwash the twins on good music, and while they do enjoy Barney and whatnot, they know who PJ is....love elderly woman, "I wish I was" , and "nothing left". Once I edit it out, I'll post a video Non PJ, it's the "do do do, da da da" and "under pressure". Couldn't be more proud. When I'm at my computer, they constantly come up and say "pearl jam"...which means putting elderly woman on youtube
Try as you may, they're still going to like dog#### when they're teenagers

Are you talking about the Queen song? :X

Yeah, under pressure is my favorite non pj song of all time, and IMO the best rock song of all time. I've taken the initiative to brainwash the twins on good music, and while they do enjoy Barney and whatnot, they know who PJ is....love elderly woman, "I wish I was" , and "nothing left". Once I edit it out, I'll post a video Non PJ, it's the "do do do, da da da" and "under pressure". Couldn't be more proud. When I'm at my computer, they constantly come up and say "pearl jam"...which means putting elderly woman on youtube

You think under pressure is :X ? Blasphemy

America was right about Queen the first time around. Not sure why we got all gay for them after Freddie Mercury died. I blame Mike Myers.

:goodposting:

So I'm back in for Wrigley. If anyone has a ticket, please let me know. Willing to buy for face value or preferably trade a night at the Embassy Suites Downtown (currently $300ish) for it :excited:
I might have to back out of this trip. If we can get my fan club tix into your name, we might be able to swing something.

I might have to back out of this trip. If we can get my fan club tix into your name, we might be able to swing something.
Yeah, I think the only thing the 10 club allows is you to donate them back to them and they'll give them to a fan. They won't to transfers or refunds. Only way to pull off giving it to someone else would be to give someone your actual ID to go to the window and pick up the tickets (which I would gladly support :cool: )

Yeah, I think the only thing the 10 club allows is you to donate them back to them and they'll give them to a fan. They won't to transfers or refunds. Only way to pull off giving it to someone else would be to give someone your actual ID to go to the window and pick up the tickets (which I would gladly support :cool: )
I've actually swapped them before. I bought tickets for a Cleveland show on the Avacado tour, ended up not being able to go and was able to transfer them to another fan club number. They won't handle money or anything, and its no guarantee that they will do it again, but if you are interested, send me your number and I can give it a shot.

For sure....keep the big updates and rumors here!

It's gotta be related to the new material release date....whether that also includes Fall US Tour in support we'll have to wait and see. That would be a grand slam versus just a home run.
It would be pretty sweet if they literally released the new album in 6 days. I think radiohead did something crazy like keeping it under wraps. But a countdown to an announcement seems like unnecessary drama. :shrug:

For sure....keep the big updates and rumors here!

It's gotta be related to the new material release date....whether that also includes Fall US Tour in support we'll have to wait and see. That would be a grand slam versus just a home run.
It would be pretty sweet if they literally released the new album in 6 days. I think radiohead did something crazy like keeping it under wraps. But a countdown to an announcement seems like unnecessary drama. :shrug:
There are generally "countdowns" to tour announcements with the birdies and whatnot, just not so precise ala Jack Bauer mode.

The countdown is a gimmick I haven't seen them do before. I hope there is a good payoff.
I just got the email. No way this is a simple as a release date. I expect it to be a tour/release date/they are playing in my backyard for 10 nights type of thing

not sure if it's been mentioned here or not, but there's a pro quality entire show of Lollapolluza from Brazil this year on youtube

Gonna be epic. Stone said:

"The Chicago show is coming and we are already beginning to think about it. We really want to make it a special experience. Eds been putting a lot of thought into it and I think its going to be a great night. Its a dream of his to play Wrigley Field and were excited about following him in there. Hes had this in his head for awhile. Its taken us some time to figure out how to do it, but were real excited.

COUNTDOWN!

They're not the type to overhype... has to be an album drop and tour announcement at once, no?

Perhaps a free/name your price download album?

Seems like album 10/8 and tour dates leaking like crazy shortly after that. Expecting the site to crash at 1pm, so hopefully they send an email.

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES FALL 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATESJuly 08 2013

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES FALL 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

Tickets on sale Saturday, July 27

Pearl Jam announced today that they will embark on a two-leg, twenty-four date North American tour this fall. Leg one kicks-off in Pittsburgh on October 11 and wraps in New Orleans with the band's previously announced headlining performance at Voodoo Music + Arts Experience during the weekend of November 1. The second leg of the tour commences in Dallas on November 15 and closes in the band’s hometown of Seattle on December 6.

Public tickets for Pearl Jam's North American dates go on-sale Saturday, July 27 at 10:00 AM local time. Specific ticket on-sale times and locations will be announced in local markets. Tickets for Voodoo Music + Arts Experience are on sale now at www.thevoodooexperience.com.

A special ticket pre-sale drawing for current Pearl Jam Ten Club members (as of July 7, 2013) begins today. Visit www.pearljam.com/tickets for full details.

Watch Pearl Jam's tour announcement video at www.pearljam.com/countdown. Follow the latest with #PearlJam2013.

Pearl Jam’s North American tour dates are as follows:

DATE CITY VENUE
Oct-11 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center
Oct-12 Buffalo, NY First Niagara Center
Oct-15 Worcester, MA DCU Center
Oct-18 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center
Oct-19 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center
Oct-21 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
Oct-22 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
Oct-25 Hartford, CT XL Center
Oct-27 Baltimore, MD 1st Mariner Arena
Oct-29 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena
Oct-30 Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena
Nov-1-3* New Orleans, LA Voodoo Music + Arts Experience

Nov-15 Dallas, TX American Airlines Arena
Nov-16 Oklahoma City, OK Chesapeake Energy Arena
Nov-19 Phoenix, AZ Jobing.com Arena
Nov-21 San Diego, CA Viejas Arena
Nov-23 Los Angeles, CA Sports Arena
Nov-24 Los Angeles, CA Sports Arena
Nov-26 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena
Nov-29 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena
Nov-30 Spokane, WA Spokane Arena
Dec-2 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
Dec-4 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
Dec-6 Seattle, WA Key Arena

* Pearl Jam's specific performance date will be announced by Voodoo Music + Arts Experience over the coming months.

Pearl Jam's North American tour dates are in addition to the band's previously announced sold out concerts in London, Ontario (July 16) and Chicago, IL (July 19) as well as the band's headlining performance at Voodoo Music + Arts Experience in New Orleans (November 1-3) A full list of dates is available at www.pearljam.com/tour.

Glad Dallas finally got a show (2003). No show in Houston since then either.

Anyway, glad I pulled the trigger to go to Wrigley...I'll be there and at voodoo

Nothing in the midwest. :thumbdown: Guess I missed my chance by skipping Wrigley.

I might try to get into the Dallas and OKC shows. Two in a weekend, or one or the other would be fine.

I put in for the two Brooklyn shows.

I might try for Hartford as well but that is a lot of money for PJ shows. Ill stick with the two Brooklyn for now. I doubt I get either and it wont be an issue

Kinda lame imo but I guess I'm starting to fully realize how this will be going forward. Good to see at least a few different cities in the list.

The GA pit sucks too...big opponent of that.

Kinda lame imo but I guess I'm starting to fully realize how this will be going forward. Good to see at least a few different cities in the list.

I'm guessing the lower member numbers love it because they know if they work hard enough they can get close. The higher member numbers hate it because they lose out on a huge perk they've enjoyed for years.

I'm a lower number, but I would have preferred having a couple of rows up front that get handed out lotto style to any member. That gives me a chance to get close, but those long time members still get good seats.

Toronto missing from that list. I know Buffalo is 1.5hrs away, but PJ looooooooooves Toronto

expect a special set of dates to take place in the T Dot, sooner than later,

Seeing them in London, about 45min outside toronto verrrrrrrrrrrrrry soon. mere days away. cannot effing wait

I'm guessing the lower member numbers love it because they know if they work hard enough they can get close. The higher member numbers hate it because they lose out on a huge perk they've enjoyed for years.

I'm a lower number, but I would have preferred having a couple of rows up front that get handed out lotto style to any member. That gives me a chance to get close, but those long time members still get good seats.
Not a fan of the GA being added either, and this isn't many dates especially when you consider how long it's been since they toured the US. I've gotten shut out for every show I've tried to get since '09 and if it happens this time I'm probably not going to renew.

I remember Barrie Canada in '98 that was all GA with a nice slope going down. As soon as they opened the gates, it was mayhem from multiple angles. I'm shocked nobody was trampled to death. Hell, I pulled back when I got further down and was getting smashed against the sound board gate/fence. Obviously that won't be the case indoors, but just a random thought I had of the good 'ol days.

There's now another countdown and they changed their FB icon and tweeted out some cryptic logo

:unsure:
I'm assuming the new countdown is the official release date of the album (10/8?) and/or the first single.

Or they announce international dates in 2014, but that seems early.

Users who are viewing this thread