What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Yep....spin spin...spin the black circle. Ill take more Vitalogy tinged tunes. No foxymophandlemama crap though please. Or Bugs.
lol

Going off of memory, this is probably the hardest/fastest song since Grievence (2000), with the possible exception of Comatose (2006)....I'll take it :headbang:
I continue to maintain that "Binaural" is underrated.
I usually love reading your posts and unique tastes. You're wrong on this one though.

Well, unless the fact that it is bad vs. horrible, which I thought for a long time counts as underrated.

Yep....spin spin...spin the black circle. Ill take more Vitalogy tinged tunes. No foxymophandlemama crap though please. Or Bugs.
lol

Going off of memory, this is probably the hardest/fastest song since Grievence (2000), with the possible exception of Comatose (2006)....I'll take it :headbang:
I usually love reading your posts and unique tastes. You're wrong on this one though.

Well, unless the fact that it is bad vs. horrible, which I thought for a long time counts as underrated.
Definitely a weak album overall, more clunkers than good songs.

The Binaural tour was ####### insane though. Saw them in Charlotte, Greensboro, Atlanta, Nashville and Houston that year. All the Binaural songs sounded much better live than on the album. I wish they still played Rival.

I don't think any PJ albums are horrible...hell even bad. Riot Act is my least favorite, but it's still a pretty good album IMO :shrug: My current preferences (tiered)

1. No Code

2. Vs.

3. Ten

4. Yield

5. Vitalogy

6. Avocado

7. Binaural

8. Backspacer

9. Riot Act

lol

I usually love reading your posts and unique tastes. You're wrong on this one though.Well, unless the fact that it is bad vs. horrible, which I thought for a long time counts as underrated.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I like a lot of tracks on Binaural - I like it better than both Riot Act (my least favorite) and Backspacer.

I don't think any PJ albums are horrible...hell even bad. Riot Act is my least favorite, but it's still a pretty good album IMO :shrug: My current preferences (tiered)

1. No Code

2. Vs.

3. Ten

4. Yield

5. Vitalogy

6. Avocado

7. Binaural

8. Backspacer

9. Riot Act
:hifive:

I'd probably go (all-time rankings, not necessarily current faves):

1. Ten

2. Vs.

3. Yield

4. Avocado

5. No Code

6. Vitalogy

7. Binaural

8. Backspacer

9. Riot Act

2-3-4-5 are all VERY close and could easily be flipped. I still think "Ten" is their best, even though I rarely if ever listen to it any more.

You could ask me to rank their albums on 10 consecutive days and the results might be different every time. Binaural and Riot Act would always be at the bottom, but the rest are so great that it's difficult for me to rank them. Same with their shows. A few weren't great, the rest were off the charts.

1. No Code

2. Vs.

3. Ten

4. Yield

5. Vitalogy

6. Avocado

7. Binaural

8. Backspacer

9. Riot Act

1. Ten

2. Vs.

3. Yield

4. Avocado

5. No Code

6. Vitalogy

7. Binaural

8. Backspacer

9. Riot Act

2-3-4-5 are all VERY close and could easily be flipped. I still think "Ten" is their best, even though I rarely if ever listen to it any more.
EG, my comments were mostly tongue in cheeck. There is no right or wrong answer on which albums are best. Binaural just happens to be my least favorite. I like Riot Act more, and Backspacer is one of my favorites, even though I understand why most PJ die hards don't like it. I loved it.

To each their own. One of the things that makes PJ great is the variety they put out. Each album is unique, and they can play so many styles well. :thumbup:

It's all good, BD. Whatever makes your nips hard, you know? :lol:

I just always see/hear PJ fans crapping on Binaural and while it does undoubtedly have a few duds, there are a lot of songs on there I really dig.

Backspacer is one of my favorites, even though I understand why most PJ die hards don't like it. I loved it.
Wow, first time I've heard that. Why wouldn't any fan love this album? I thought it was astonishingly good, especially when you consider it's their 9th album.

I like Backspacer and avocado about equally - though they're very different - and better than Binaural (I agree that most of the songs are more enjoyable live), Riot Act, and No Code. I still carry my flag as the lone No Code dissenter around here. Still, being into so many live shows, either in attendance or just listening to the boots, has brought me around on 90% of the songs I didn't initially like on those records.

They don't quite have the licks to hang with the cream of the great classic English rock bands, but all in all they're pretty much the best ever. Given longevity, sheer quality of output and live performances. Stoked for another record and tour.

BTW I listened to Stone Gossard's new solo effort and :X

1. No Code

2. Vs.

3. Ten

4. Yield

5. Vitalogy

6. Avocado

7. Binaural

8. Backspacer

9. Riot Act

1. Ten

2. Vs.

3. Yield

4. Avocado

5. No Code

6. Vitalogy

7. Binaural

8. Backspacer

9. Riot Act

I can get behind this. Love Avocado. Backspacer? not so much

I'm a Pens season ticket holder and usually get pre sale codes for all concerts at CEC. Does anybody know if it'll be the same for PJ or do they do things differently?

I ####### loved when Ed did Bugs in the final Spectrum show. Easily one of the highlights of that run. Vedder + Accordion = Greatness (and a pants creaming).

I need to listen to MYM more, only 3 times so far, but I thought it had much more Avocado/Backspacer feel versus STBC. It all will come to fruition when they start playing these new songs live...then start the comparisons IMO. Probably starting as early as next week for some of you guys.

I don't post much in this thread, but here is my take:

Vs.

Ten

Yield

Vitalogy

Binaural

Avocado

Riot Act

Backspacer

No Code

I gather from most of the posts here that I am in the minority on No Code in particular. :shrug:

Hoping to get to either the Charlottesville or San Diego show.

NajehHejan said:
Any good hotel recommendations in Hartford? Never been there.
Stayed at the Residence Inn Downtown for 2010 Hartford PJ show. Pretty sure I pricelined it. Huge room (hotel is all suites I think) and there's a brewery in the lobby. 2 blocks from venue.

Step 7. You are all done. On Monday, July 15th at 10am PT the ticket drawing will close. Once names have been drawn, the “My Tickets” page will be updated to indicate for which show(s) your name has been drawn and for which show(s) your name has not. Also, you will receive an email that day confirming your drawing status and any show(s) your name has been drawn for.

Anyone heard yet? :shrug:

Step 7. You are all done. On Monday, July 15th at 10am PT the ticket drawing will close. Once names have been drawn, the “My Tickets” page will be updated to indicate for which show(s) your name has been drawn and for which show(s) your name has not. Also, you will receive an email that day confirming your drawing status and any show(s) your name has been drawn for.

It's not 10 a.m. yet.

It's not 10 a.m. yet.
I'm furiously masturbating!!!

It's not 10 a.m. yet.
Been 10 a.m. here for 2 1/2 hours. Whose clock we going by?

<Gilda>Neverrrmiiiind...</Gilda> (PT)

Last edited by a moderator:
With all due respect to the 10C workers who I'm sure are diligently working to get through this ticket drawing, this is horse####.

I just checked out some thread on The Porch. One poster said he got in for LA1 and another said they got in for Seattle. Those are the only two west coast notifications I've seen thus far.

It would suck a little to get shut out.

In the tickets section, I'm still "entered", not WON, for Buffalo (my only entry) but it says it charged $155. I know two people that put in for Buffalo only and are confirmed WON. I know another that put in for Buffalo and Pitt and he has N/A where my $155 is. I'm thinking I'm good. The email/confirm process is tedious from what I've heard.

So was there ever any confirmation as to how the priorities were supposed to play out? There has to be a difference between my 1st for Buffalo and somebody else's 5th for Buffalo, for example.

In the tickets section, I'm still "entered", not WON, for Buffalo (my only entry) but it says it charged $155. I know two people that put in for Buffalo only and are confirmed WON. I know another that put in for Buffalo and Pitt and he has N/A where my $155 is. I'm thinking I'm good. The email/confirm process is tedious from what I've heard.

So was there ever any confirmation as to how the priorities were supposed to play out? There has to be a difference between my 1st for Buffalo and somebody else's 5th for Buffalo, for example.
If you were charged, you're good. :thumbup: Live PJ!!!!!! First time in 4 years I'm going to a proper show (Music Midtown last year kind of sucked and did not quench the thirst). Can't frigging wait.

So for Charlotte, I have pit tickets. I've never done the GA thing except for festivals and I'm curious how this works. If I want to get reasonably close, I can't piss for 6 hours, right??

If you were charged, you're good. :thumbup: Live PJ!!!!!! First time in 4 years I'm going to a proper show (Music Midtown last year kind of sucked and did not quench the thirst). Can't frigging wait.
I mean it just says that on the ticket page...not my CC webpage which I have not checked. My status still the same.....getting a little worried.

Scratch that...officially unworried....I have an email! I will feel better when it says WON though.

I mean it just says that on the ticket page...not my CC webpage which I have not checked. My status still the same.....getting a little worried.Scratch that...officially unworried....I have an email! I will feel better when it says WON though.
Dude you're going to see ####### Pearl Jam!!!!!!!

I mean it just says that on the ticket page...not my CC webpage which I have not checked. My status still the same.....getting a little worried.Scratch that...officially unworried....I have an email! I will feel better when it says WON though.
Dude you're going to see ####### Pearl Jam!!!!!!!
Sure makes me feel less depressed about missing Wrigley!

Congratulations! Your name has been drawn for the following tickets:

DATE CITY PRICE/PAIR 10/19/2013 Brooklyn, NY Reserved Seats $177.00 TOTAL $177.00
:headbang:

Put in for 3 shows, in order of preference, Oakland, LA1, and Portland. Won all three for seated tickets, member #71,xxx. Worst tickets via the old system I ever had was LA 2006 10th row center aisle. I know I am not getting anything like that but this is my first show in 7 years after seeing about 50 shows from May 1992 to 2006. Pretty stoked about this tour, my daughter is 11 years old, and she has been hearing the wife and I plan this trip. Daughter pulled up the seating chart for the LA shows and wants to go. Wife said I can take her!

Binaural is vastly underated.

Yield

Binaural

No Code

Vitalogy

Vs

Riot Act

Backspacer

Avocado

Users who are viewing this thread