What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread*** - Castellanos ****s wit Philly (1 Viewer)

Up 3 now that Kyle Lohse is back being Kyle Lohse - Roy is going the whole way (74 through 6) to close this one out.

'Insein said:
We got the bad Lee last night. Also, Meels changed the strikezone after Larusa's tantrum.
That called third strike on Utley was redonkulous. Not only was it high, it was off the plate by about a foot. But that is one of Charlies shortcomings as a manager. On that called strike he should have came out and got tossed on the call. Instead he sat there and chewed his gum. It was also evident that Lee was getting squeezed after Larusa came out and talked to the ump...er Carpenter.

'Insein said:
We got the bad Lee last night. Also, Meels changed the strikezone after Larusa's tantrum.
That called third strike on Utley was redonkulous. Not only was it high, it was off the plate by about a foot. But that is one of Charlies shortcomings as a manager. On that called strike he should have came out and got tossed on the call. Instead he sat there and chewed his gum. It was also evident that Lee was getting squeezed after Larusa came out and talked to the ump...er Carpenter.
when Chase utley throws his bat away immediately, you know its a ball. The guy knows the strike zone and never shows up the ump. If its close, he holds until the ump calls it. The fact that he immediately threw the bat tells you all you need to know. That was a ball and was not even close. Pretty much stifled an inning. Instead of getting a bullpen guy in trouble with a leadoff walk, he gets to cruise to a 1-2-3 inning. Seems small but it was a huge call in the game last night.

now that our unlikely hero Francisco gave us the lead, looks like Worley, Bastardo, and Madsen.. Worley in trouble.. :(

c'mon guys- 7 more outs!

As Francisco was walking to the plate all I did was make fun of him, calling him Cerrano from Major League. My buddy says "but he gets good swings", I replied "yea but they're usually not too close too the ball". THWACK, 3 run homer and I'm eating the best tasting crow I ever had. Unbelievable.

What a game, awesome outing by Cole, although he ran alot of high counts, but he didn't give up his usual home run. Big ####### win boys!!! Now let's close this #### out and move on to the NLCS!!!!

:thumbup: :banned:

Seriously, I know, and I'm pretty ### #### sure the rest of the free living ####### world knows that you're getting an 0-2 slider down and away Ryan. AND YET YOU ALWAYS SWING AT THE ####### BALL. :wall: x1000

Fun fact I heard from the Det/Yanks game:The winner of game 3 has won 19 of 23 Divisional Series.
:thumbup: i need something to pick me up from this game tonight, and i am hoping this stat holds true. i also hope Friday's game is not a heartbreaker their 2 losses have been, would love for the Phils to go up a ton early and then just hide for an hour and come back with Big Roy still pitching in the 8th or 9th to close it out

'modogg said:
Fun fact I heard from the Det/Yanks game:

The winner of game 3 has won 19 of 23 Divisional Series.
:thumbup: i need something to pick me up from this game tonight, and i am hoping this stat holds true. i also hope Friday's game is not a heartbreaker their 2 losses have been, would love for the Phils to go up a ton early and then just hide for an hour and come back with Big Roy still pitching in the 8th or 9th to close it out
Chris Carpenter starts on 4 days rest this season:Apr 17: 7.0 ip, 05 h, 0 r, 0 er, 0 bb, 6 k, lost 2-1

May 04: 6.0 ip, 10 h, 6 r, 4 er, 3 bb, 4 k, lost 8-7

May 15: 6.1 ip, 09 h, 8 r, 7 er, 2 bb, 5 k, lost 9-7

May 20: 6.1 ip, 09 h, 3 r, 3 er, 0 bb, 5 k, lost 3-0

May 25: 8.0 ip, 08 h, 3 r, 2 er, 0 bb, 6 k, lost 3-1

Jun 05: 9.0 ip, 07 h, 2 r, 2 er, 2 bb, 6 k, won 3-2

Jul 04: 8.0 ip, 06 h, 0 r, 0 er, 1 bb, 3 k, won 1-0

Jul 09: 6.0 ip, 09 h, 5 r, 4 er, 4 bb, 3 k, won 7-6

Jul 27: 7.0 ip, 08 h, 2 r, 2 er, 1 bb, 8 k, lost 4-2

Aug 01: 5.0 ip, 07 h, 5 r, 5 er, 2 bb, 6 k, lost 6-2

Aug 06: 6.2 ip, 05 h, 1 r, 1 er, 2 bb, 7 k, won 2-1

Aug 11: 8.0 ip, 10 h, 2 r, 2 er, 3 bb, 4 k, won 5-2

Aug 16: 7.0 ip, 05 h, 3 r, 3 er, 1 bb, 10k, lost 5-4

Aug 27: 5.0 ip, 09 h, 6 r, 6 er, 2 bb, 5 k, lost 7-0

Sep 07: 9.0 ip, 04 h, 0 r, 0 er, 2 bb, 5 k, won 2-0

Sep 18: 8.0 ip, 08 h, 0 r, 0 er, 1 bb, 5 k, won 5-0

Sep 23: 7.0 ip, 05 h, 1 r, 1 er, 2 bb, 5 k, lost 5-1

Sep 28: 9.0 ip, 02 h, 0 r, 0 er, 1 bb, 11k, won 8-0

AVG: 7.1 ip, 07 h, 2.6 r, 2.3 er, 1.6 bb, 5.7 k, 8-10 record

Roy Halladay starts on 5 days rest this season:

Apr 07: 7.0 ip, 06 h, 0 r, 0 er, 1 bb, 7 k, won 11-0

Apr 13: 9.0 ip, 06 h, 2 r, 2 er, 2 bb, 9 k, won 3-2

Apr 19: 6.2 ip, 10 h, 6 r, 2 er, 6 bb, 2 k, lost 9-0

Apr 30: 9.0 ip, 07 h, 1 r, 1 er, 1 bb, 8 k, won 2-1

Jun 05: 7.0 ip, 06 h, 2 r, 2 er, 1 bb, 6 k, won 7-3

Jun 21: 6.0 ip, 04 h, 1 r, 1 er, 2 bb, 5 k, won 10-2

Jul 02: 9.0 ip, 08 h, 3 r, 3 er, 1 bb, 8 k, won 5-3

Jul 08: 7.0 ip, 06 h, 2 r, 2 er, 0 bb, 7 k, won 3-2

Jul 24: 8.0 ip, 08 h, 3 r, 2 er, 1 bb, 8 k, won 5-3

Sep 25: 6.0 ip, 04 h, 0 r, 0 er, 1 bb, 3 k, won 19-6

AVG: 7.2 ip, 6.5 h, 2.1 r, 1.5 er, 1.6 bb, 6.3 k, 9-1 record

'modogg said:
Fun fact I heard from the Det/Yanks game:The winner of game 3 has won 19 of 23 Divisional Series.
This is exactly what I think is going to happen. Phils will jump out to an early 3-0 lead, tack on a few runs in the middle innings and Halladay will go the complete game. Don't see them losing this game at home with this pitching matchup. Also, their bats are definitely due for a big game.

'Billy Bats said:
Seriously, I know, and I'm pretty ### #### sure the rest of the free living ####### world knows that you're getting an 0-2 slider down and away Ryan. AND YET YOU ALWAYS SWING AT THE ####### BALL. :wall: x1000
Said the same ### #### thing. Every person in the stadium and watching at home knows what pitch is coming and exactly where it will be... except Ryan. He never seems to get the memo.

'Billy Bats said:
Said the same ### #### thing. Every person in the stadium and watching at home knows what pitch is coming and exactly where it will be... except Ryan. He never seems to get the memo.
Last pitch of the 2010 NLCS must have him shook.

If the Phillies lose on Friday, will it be the greatest choke in Philadelphia sports history?

This team, with those starters, was expected to win.. I for one, am nervous :unsure:

I think they need to go back to the original lineup. What they have now isn't working and chase is hitting better again.

Rollins

Victorino

Utley

Howard

Pence

Ibanez

Polanco

Ruiz

Doc

Charlie usually shuffles the order when they aint hitting. Hopefully he goes back to the tride and true. Pence looks lost as the 3 hole guy and victorino can't handle the 5 hole.

'Insein said:
I think they need to go back to the original lineup. What they have now isn't working and chase is hitting better again. RollinsVictorinoUtleyHowardPenceIbanezPolancoRuizDocCharlie usually shuffles the order when they aint hitting. Hopefully he goes back to the tride and true. Pence looks lost as the 3 hole guy and victorino can't handle the 5 hole.
I think the problem is Polanco and Ruiz. The 7-8-9 hitters this series are 4-39 (not counting pinch hitter). The Cards 7-8-9 are 12-35. Those two have been horrible and they are rally killers because by the time the top of the order comes up there are 1 or 2 outs and nobody on.EDIT: But Victorino's approach to the plate is horrible, always has been. I think a flip flop of Vic and Ibanez would be better then moving Utley and Pence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still wondering why Mayberry didn't replace Ibanez to face Rhodes to lead off the seventh. You can take loyalty and stick in your ### Chollie, gotta do what's right in the moment.

So I just went and checked the boxscores.

Whenever Jimmy Rollins leads off an inning or comes to the plate with 0 outs the Phils score:

Game 1

1st: 0 run

4th: 1 run

6th: 5 runs

7th: 3 runs (Halladay led off with a single)

Game 2

1st: 3 runs

Game 3

1st: 0 run

Game 4

1st: 2 runs

8th: 1 run (Gload led off with a single)

14 of the 21 runs came in this situation.

Even with Carpenter on the mound, the Phils are -200 in Vegas. Interesting. :popcorn:
I think that's because usually when a pitcher pitches on 3 days rest like Carpenter did, it isn't the 3 days rest game that give them trouble (although it did Carpenter), it's usually the game after that is shakey.Plus, I have almost no doubt in my mind that Halladay will be going 9 innings today even if he has to throw 150 pitches and will be giving up 2 runs or less. I believe the Phils magic number in todays game will be 3. They score that, and I think they advance.

'Billy Bats said:
No lineup changes tonight. All things the sameRollinsUtleyPenceHowardVictorinoIbanezPolancoRuizDoc
I just don't get the lineup. Charlie changed it at the end of the year after the 8 game losing streak but its obviously not working right now. Pence was brought here to protect Howard. He can't protect him in the 3 hole. Victorino is wasted in the 5 hole. He's either a pop at the 7 spot or needs to be in the 2. Utley was moved to the 2 cause he wasn't hitting. Now he is so move him back to the 3. Hope Doc shuts it down tonight.

I can see Charlie not wanting to make it look like a desperation move though. Although the team is pretty resilient - I guess he worried about their psyche then. I wouldn't be surprised, should they advance, that he does switch it up then.

'Billy Bats said:
No lineup changes tonight. All things the sameRollinsUtleyPenceHowardVictorinoIbanezPolancoRuizDoc
I just don't get the lineup. Charlie changed it at the end of the year after the 8 game losing streak but its obviously not working right now. Pence was brought here to protect Howard. He can't protect him in the 3 hole. Victorino is wasted in the 5 hole. He's either a pop at the 7 spot or needs to be in the 2. Utley was moved to the 2 cause he wasn't hitting. Now he is so move him back to the 3. Hope Doc shuts it down tonight.
Raul missing that HR by a few feet was heart-breaking. Nice to see the Phils getting some nice contact on the ball, but i will feel much better when they finally get a run on the board

Serious question: what would have happened had Howard hit a HR on that pitch but was unable to then run around the bases?

Serious question: what would have happened had Howard hit a HR on that pitch but was unable to then run around the bases?
From what I heard, since a HR is not in play, they would be allowed to pinch run someone around the bases. Had he hit a ball in play he wouldve been doing the crab to first base.

Users who are viewing this thread