What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (1 Viewer)

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO;) :fro: :banned: :hifive:
my thoughts exactly. put in for all 3 shows earlier today. fingers crossed.

The more I look at this and the mass hysteria the more I think I may steer clear of Hampton. Phish's best work with few exceptions does not happen at shows like these. Still put in for a few nights and I may just end up with tickets but times have changed. Plus there's a good chance I might end up snuffing out a few condescending kind veggie lot hippies.

Phish officially back together: link

3 nights in Hampton, VA March 6-8

Won't be able to make those dates....but I'm sure there will be much more to come
Giggity.
No #### Giggity!Gig is giggin' for sure!!

:goodposting: :yes: :confused: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:
Great to see the wook presence on here. I'm holding out for the MSG shows....told myself about a decade ago I wasn't going to the Garden until Phish was playing there, looks like I'll get to cash that in sometime next year.

So about 3 or so years ago, I posted on here that I wanted to dabble into listening to Phish. Based on my music preferences, everyone recommended that I start with Billy Breathes :lmao: Absolutely love that CD and then I got Hoist :thumbup: Not as good as BB for me, but still great. So I stopped listening to them for a while, and then I found one of my good friends at work was a big Phishead and had him burn me a few discs. He mixed a bunch of stuff together (I still don't know the names of the songs) but they all rawk :lmao:So I figure I'm ready for a full live show. Any recommendations? Personally, I prefer songs w/o the extended 10 min jams....I know I can't 100% avoid them on a live show, but if there was a show with fewer of these that still is considered a classic, let me know.Links appreciatedTIA
Stick to 1994 and earlier, they were much tighter then...as you start to get into 1997 and beyond things really get stretched out (which I love.)

Sweeeeeeeet.

Though I'll pass on VA, I sure hope they hit the northeast over the summer. Been a while since I seen these guys. Can't remember when, actually. Oh, wait, maybe that wasn't Phish. I'm confused.

for those of you NOT heading to hampton, i would love to try to acquire some extra early lottery tickets. if you are interested in putting in for 2 tickets (for any and all shows in the run), i'd be glad to pay you for them plus a fee for your trouble. time is of the essence since the lottery ends on october 8. PM me if you can lend a hand to a fan.

Phish officially back together: link

3 nights in Hampton, VA March 6-8

Won't be able to make those dates....but I'm sure there will be much more to come
Giggity.
No #### Giggity!Gig is giggin' for sure!!

:bag: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:
Great to see the wook presence on here. I'm holding out for the MSG shows....told myself about a decade ago I wasn't going to the Garden until Phish was playing there, looks like I'll get to cash that in sometime next year.
Umm...so when you were telling yourself this a decade ago, did you not hear they played MSG on NYE 2002?!If youre waitin for a show at MSG, go see My Morning Jacket there on NYE

bump for general phishness.

how is it that folks are listing tickets on ebay 1) way before they're available and 2) for MUCH above face value? i hope the band busts these scalpers out the wazoo.

Word from my quasi-inside source is the early Spring tour will hit NYC, Philly and Boston in March/April.

They'll probably wait a while to announce it.

I just wanted to let you guys know that 6 extra tix will be on the market because my luck lately TOTALLY BLOWS

I changed my avatar a couple weeks back from Rashard Mendenhall bc it was him in an Illini uniform and my Nittany Lions were playing the Illini. Well, 2 days later RM hits the IR

I made my new avatar Jim James (My Morning Jacket). I go to see them in Iowa City last night, and half an hour in Jim is rocking so hard has a foot go offstage, slipped basically the whole way offstage, and had to go to the hospital. Show cancelled, and the shows the next couple days in Chicago which Ive had tickets for 5 months for are cancelled :no:

So out of the 100,000 ppl your competing with for tix from ticket request, you can take 1 off that list :kicksrock:

I just wanted to let you guys know that 6 extra tix will be on the market because my luck lately TOTALLY BLOWSI changed my avatar a couple weeks back from Rashard Mendenhall bc it was him in an Illini uniform and my Nittany Lions were playing the Illini. Well, 2 days later RM hits the IRI made my new avatar Jim James (My Morning Jacket). I go to see them in Iowa City last night, and half an hour in Jim is rocking so hard has a foot go offstage, slipped basically the whole way offstage, and had to go to the hospital. Show cancelled, and the shows the next couple days in Chicago which Ive had tickets for 5 months for are cancelled :no: So out of the 100,000 ppl your competing with for tix from ticket request, you can take 1 off that list :kicksrock:
Change your avatar to Bin Laden.

I just wanted to let you guys know that 6 extra tix will be on the market because my luck lately TOTALLY BLOWSI changed my avatar a couple weeks back from Rashard Mendenhall bc it was him in an Illini uniform and my Nittany Lions were playing the Illini. Well, 2 days later RM hits the IRI made my new avatar Jim James (My Morning Jacket). I go to see them in Iowa City last night, and half an hour in Jim is rocking so hard has a foot go offstage, slipped basically the whole way offstage, and had to go to the hospital. Show cancelled, and the shows the next couple days in Chicago which Ive had tickets for 5 months for are cancelled :no: So out of the 100,000 ppl your competing with for tix from ticket request, you can take 1 off that list :kicksrock:
That sucks man, I heard James fell, how bad did it look? Seems it was a leg injury of some sortHow did the crowd react to the cancellation announcement?

I think it was a little selfish of Phish to have their reunion run at a venue that only holds around 13000 pplThey shouldve had it at either an NFL stadium, or one of the larger college stadiums.Not only would they make more money because they could sell more tix, but I doubt any phan who really tried to get into these shows would be shutout
:lmao:

I just wanted to let you guys know that 6 extra tix will be on the market because my luck lately TOTALLY BLOWSI changed my avatar a couple weeks back from Rashard Mendenhall bc it was him in an Illini uniform and my Nittany Lions were playing the Illini. Well, 2 days later RM hits the IRI made my new avatar Jim James (My Morning Jacket). I go to see them in Iowa City last night, and half an hour in Jim is rocking so hard has a foot go offstage, slipped basically the whole way offstage, and had to go to the hospital. Show cancelled, and the shows the next couple days in Chicago which Ive had tickets for 5 months for are cancelled :no: So out of the 100,000 ppl your competing with for tix from ticket request, you can take 1 off that list :lmao:

I just wanted to let you guys know that 6 extra tix will be on the market because my luck lately TOTALLY BLOWSI changed my avatar a couple weeks back from Rashard Mendenhall bc it was him in an Illini uniform and my Nittany Lions were playing the Illini. Well, 2 days later RM hits the IRI made my new avatar Jim James (My Morning Jacket). I go to see them in Iowa City last night, and half an hour in Jim is rocking so hard has a foot go offstage, slipped basically the whole way offstage, and had to go to the hospital. Show cancelled, and the shows the next couple days in Chicago which Ive had tickets for 5 months for are cancelled :no: So out of the 100,000 ppl your competing with for tix from ticket request, you can take 1 off that list :lmao:
Or Tyra Banks. Either one.

consider it done by the end of the day

:o A risk taker. I like it.

I just wanted to let you guys know that 6 extra tix will be on the market because my luck lately TOTALLY BLOWS

I changed my avatar a couple weeks back from Rashard Mendenhall bc it was him in an Illini uniform and my Nittany Lions were playing the Illini. Well, 2 days later RM hits the IR

I made my new avatar Jim James (My Morning Jacket). I go to see them in Iowa City last night, and half an hour in Jim is rocking so hard has a foot go offstage, slipped basically the whole way offstage, and had to go to the hospital. Show cancelled, and the shows the next couple days in Chicago which Ive had tickets for 5 months for are cancelled :no:

So out of the 100,000 ppl your competing with for tix from ticket request, you can take 1 off that list :popcorn:
That sucks man, I heard James fell, how bad did it look? Seems it was a leg injury of some sortHow did the crowd react to the cancellation announcement?
I was about 15 ft back centerstage, but I didnt really get a clear view of the fall. Worst thing about it is that since they have those 5 foot high aluminum barrier things about 3 feet past where the stage ends, nobody could really help break his fall. He went to put his foot on the subwoofer, but the lights went out and he missed it, slipped, and apparently did a split according to news articles today. As soon as the crew helped him up, he jogged offstage, so I didnt think it was too bad, but it makes sense now bc if he played football, hed probably listed OUT - Groin.As for the reaction, it was pretty good overall:

Im wondering if the guy got the fall on video, but apparently not. It woulda happened right in front of him where JJ is at around 37 second in

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to let you guys know that 6 extra tix will be on the market because my luck lately TOTALLY BLOWSI changed my avatar a couple weeks back from Rashard Mendenhall bc it was him in an Illini uniform and my Nittany Lions were playing the Illini. Well, 2 days later RM hits the IRI made my new avatar Jim James (My Morning Jacket). I go to see them in Iowa City last night, and half an hour in Jim is rocking so hard has a foot go offstage, slipped basically the whole way offstage, and had to go to the hospital. Show cancelled, and the shows the next couple days in Chicago which Ive had tickets for 5 months for are cancelled :no: So out of the 100,000 ppl your competing with for tix from ticket request, you can take 1 off that list :rolleyes:
DONE

I just wanted to let you guys know that 6 extra tix will be on the market because my luck lately TOTALLY BLOWSI changed my avatar a couple weeks back from Rashard Mendenhall bc it was him in an Illini uniform and my Nittany Lions were playing the Illini. Well, 2 days later RM hits the IRI made my new avatar Jim James (My Morning Jacket). I go to see them in Iowa City last night, and half an hour in Jim is rocking so hard has a foot go offstage, slipped basically the whole way offstage, and had to go to the hospital. Show cancelled, and the shows the next couple days in Chicago which Ive had tickets for 5 months for are cancelled :o So out of the 100,000 ppl your competing with for tix from ticket request, you can take 1 off that list :rolleyes:
:no: Make sure to post any new dates here, gents.And, this lottery thing you guys are doing, is this thru the a Phish fan club or something?

I just wanted to let you guys know that 6 extra tix will be on the market because my luck lately TOTALLY BLOWSI changed my avatar a couple weeks back from Rashard Mendenhall bc it was him in an Illini uniform and my Nittany Lions were playing the Illini. Well, 2 days later RM hits the IRI made my new avatar Jim James (My Morning Jacket). I go to see them in Iowa City last night, and half an hour in Jim is rocking so hard has a foot go offstage, slipped basically the whole way offstage, and had to go to the hospital. Show cancelled, and the shows the next couple days in Chicago which Ive had tickets for 5 months for are cancelled :no: So out of the 100,000 ppl your competing with for tix from ticket request, you can take 1 off that list :goodposting:
:lmao: Make sure to post any new dates here, gents.And, this lottery thing you guys are doing, is this thru the a Phish fan club or something?
You dont need to be in a fan club, but they offered it from their site.However, your chance to try to get them ended at noon today

I just wanted to let you guys know that 6 extra tix will be on the market because my luck lately TOTALLY BLOWSI changed my avatar a couple weeks back from Rashard Mendenhall bc it was him in an Illini uniform and my Nittany Lions were playing the Illini. Well, 2 days later RM hits the IRI made my new avatar Jim James (My Morning Jacket). I go to see them in Iowa City last night, and half an hour in Jim is rocking so hard has a foot go offstage, slipped basically the whole way offstage, and had to go to the hospital. Show cancelled, and the shows the next couple days in Chicago which Ive had tickets for 5 months for are cancelled :no: So out of the 100,000 ppl your competing with for tix from ticket request, you can take 1 off that list :thumbup:
:unsure: Make sure to post any new dates here, gents.And, this lottery thing you guys are doing, is this thru the a Phish fan club or something?
You dont need to be in a fan club, but they offered it from their site.However, your chance to try to get them ended at noon today
That's ok...not looking to go to Hampton. Looking forward very much to other show(s) though. Thanks for the info...Good luck!

uncle pen - slow down and hear the grass

iclips gettum!

earl scrubs

joel walker sweeny

bill monroe

uncle pen - slow down and hear the grass

I dont have the greatest ears as far as guitar notes go, put I hear "Poor Heart" through and through on that Scruggs track...and I thought 'Poor Heart' was a PHiSH original..Is that why you said listen closely?

I just wanted to let you guys know that 6 extra tix will be on the market because my luck lately TOTALLY BLOWSI changed my avatar a couple weeks back from Rashard Mendenhall bc it was him in an Illini uniform and my Nittany Lions were playing the Illini. Well, 2 days later RM hits the IRI made my new avatar Jim James (My Morning Jacket). I go to see them in Iowa City last night, and half an hour in Jim is rocking so hard has a foot go offstage, slipped basically the whole way offstage, and had to go to the hospital. Show cancelled, and the shows the next couple days in Chicago which Ive had tickets for 5 months for are cancelled :goodposting: So out of the 100,000 ppl your competing with for tix from ticket request, you can take 1 off that list :goodposting:
:lmao: A risk taker. I like it.
DONE
:goodposting:Is that a #### going into his mouth?!

Nigel Tufnel said:
yinzer said:
I just wanted to let you guys know that 6 extra tix will be on the market because my luck lately TOTALLY BLOWSI changed my avatar a couple weeks back from Rashard Mendenhall bc it was him in an Illini uniform and my Nittany Lions were playing the Illini. Well, 2 days later RM hits the IRI made my new avatar Jim James (My Morning Jacket). I go to see them in Iowa City last night, and half an hour in Jim is rocking so hard has a foot go offstage, slipped basically the whole way offstage, and had to go to the hospital. Show cancelled, and the shows the next couple days in Chicago which Ive had tickets for 5 months for are cancelled :no: So out of the 100,000 ppl your competing with for tix from ticket request, you can take 1 off that list :clap:
DONE
:lmao:Is that a #### going into his mouth?!
Yeah...im not the best with the paint workshop thing though...kinda looks like an AK47, so I guess either way it works

Anyone get hooked up with Phish Tix By Request?!?

My buddy just called me bc he got his email from them - none for him, none for 1 of our other buddies, and I just checked mine when he called and I got shutout as well

Good luck to the rest of yinz

Got shut out of the tixs as well, but just spent a half hour listen to Phish on youtube thanks to this thread, so, thanks!

Tixs on sale Saturday 10:00 eastern.

I'll be racin' ya.

:rant:

denied.

i have one friend who put in for me--haven't heard yet on that one. could be a positive sign...

on a related note, i stumbled upon a phish cover band called strange design coming to a local theater on saturday night. anyone familiar with them? i might just check them out, especially if i get shut out of ticketbastard saturday.

Got shut out of the tixs as well, but just spent a half hour listen to Phish on youtube thanks to this thread, so, thanks!

I'll be racin' ya.

:thumbup:
am i reading this correctly--that tickets are only available online or by phone? i was hoping to try for a pair at a local ticketmaster outlet.

I'll be racin' ya.

:football:
am i reading this correctly--that tickets are only available online or by phone? i was hoping to try for a pair at a local ticketmaster outlet.
The evil that is TM is supposed to put tickets on sale for the show Saturday, I have no idea how many they have.

I'll be racin' ya.

:sadbanana:
The evil that is TM is supposed to put tickets on sale for the show Saturday, I have no idea how many they have.
i don't know how many tickets they have either. but my question is: can we try to buy tickets at an outlet store on saturday morning or are we stuck trying to fight through phone lines and/or the internet?if it is all being done on the phone or over the internet, i feel my chances are practically nil. i've never had luck with those methods. i'd rather go to a local ticketmaster outlet and stand in line.

pecorino said:
Gigantomachia said:
pecorino said:
Gigantomachia said:

I'll be racin' ya.

:popcorn:
i don't know how many tickets they have either. but my question is: can we try to buy tickets at an outlet store on saturday morning or are we stuck trying to fight through phone lines and/or the internet?if it is all being done on the phone or over the internet, i feel my chances are practically nil. i've never had luck with those methods. i'd rather go to a local ticketmaster outlet and stand in line.
local outlet will work

I'll be racin' ya.

:D
Few questions here:1 - Unless youre first in line, how is this better?! Itll be sold out in 2 minutes tops

2 - How can you find where the outlets?

Surprised to see tickets on ebay for around $250. Not like Hampton is a big venue. That's not really a lot of coin. #### I usually make that in interest every night when I'm sleeping.

why did phish have to do this to us? ticketmaster? might as well stick a burning pitchfork in my eyes. nothing quite like the frustration of hearing a busy signal for 45 minutes straight and being locked out of the web trying to buy tickets. i'd personally like to flog those scalpers selling tickets for *only* $200.

ticketmaster sucks.

I got in right away, had "less than 1 minute wait", then it went up to 4 mins, then by the time my request got through they were gone.

I wish they still did mail order by hand with all in the instructions like the good old days...

sigh

Users who are viewing this thread