What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official Pirates 2015 Thread*: We're pretty f--king bitter (1 Viewer)

Might be done already...Cole 22 pitches in the 1st...we gotta work the pitch count for Arrieta. I think Harrison and Marte faced a combined 5 pitches.

Jeez at this rate, not sure how they will get to the Cubs bullpen. Arrieta getting some very questionable called strikes will not help the cause.

Yeah this is almost an exact replica of last year. And the Cubs might have a hotter pitcher than Bumgartner was last year

Game over. 3-0 after less than 3 innings, Cole is wild as ####. Arrieta getting a huge strike zone.

1 game playoffs are ####ing re####ed.

Cole didn't show up. Never game the team a chance tonight. Still happy with the season and let's not forget that this is still a top 3 team in baseball (regardless of what happened tonight). Now we get to see the mediocre Mets or Dodgers potentially represent the NL. Yay!!!

One thing I want see is arrieta get lit up in nlds. I'm sick of everyone fawning over him, makes me want to puke. And sick of his stupid beard, can you tell I'm bitter.

One thing I want see is arrieta get lit up in nlds. I'm sick of everyone fawning over him, makes me want to puke. And sick of his stupid beard, can you tell I'm bitter.
He's not going to get lit up by anyone because he's so damn good. The Bucs are not a bad hitting team and he's made them look silly time and time again. With him and Lester and that pretty potent lineup, I honestly don't know how anyone can beat this team. I'll be rooting for the Cards but I'm not sure they can beat this team.

Hate to see the Pirates losing but man this Cubs team is really fun to watch. I would have no problem watching them kick the Cardinals butt

But it isn't over yet

Wow arrieta getting every damn pitch, first one to Harrison not close & he is in the hole. Doesn't have to throw strikes at this point

Let's not forget Hurdle getting out managed. Amateur hour.
Hurdle being blamed for this :lmao: Yeah it's really difficult to manage a game when you have Arrieta on the mound :rolleyes:
Defensive lineup? Sorry you got one shot against the guy, you gotta break out the bats and take your chances on the field.To be clear, not blaming him, but Maddon looks like a genius here.
Sorry but this is ridiculous. Maddon is a good manager but what had he done in this game to get the genius label? He made the decision to start Arrieta. What an ingenious decision that was. The Pirates have no answer for this guy and they haven't all season. Once Cole gave up that run in the first, the game was over.

Let's not forget Hurdle getting out managed. Amateur hour.
Hurdle being blamed for this :lmao: Yeah it's really difficult to manage a game when you have Arrieta on the mound :rolleyes:
Defensive lineup? Sorry you got one shot against the guy, you gotta break out the bats and take your chances on the field.To be clear, not blaming him, but Maddon looks like a genius here.
Sorry but this is ridiculous. Maddon is a good manager but what had he done in this game to get the genius label? He made the decision to start Arrieta. What an ingenious decision that was. The Pirates have no answer for this guy and they haven't all season. Once Cole gave up that run in the first, the game was over.
I just felt the lineup was an eff you to the Pirates, we don't need defense, we are putting all our bats out there. Pedro should have been in there, I don't care what the stats say, you need that bat. Love Rodriguez, but he had no business starting in this game.Fred, I'm on your side, maybe I'm just frustrated like you and slightly on tilt. I saw the lineups on twitter this afternoon and my heart sunk a bit.

Two on, one out, let's ####### go.

This took a little sting off, fu arrieta. Hits 2 guys, Mr great control but can't take his own medicine. Hit Joe madden too Watson,my favorite pirate now.

Game over. 3-0 after less than 3 innings, Cole is wild as ####. Arrieta getting a huge strike zone.

I said it before, the one game wild card is ridiculous. Baseball is a game of series. All season you play a series against a team. It should be best of 3 for WC without question really.

I said it before, the one game wild card is ridiculous. Baseball is a game of series. All season you play a series against a team. It should be best of 3 for WC without question really.
Agreed, they need to schedule regular season double headers to shorten the season, extending the post season.

This should be a 3 game series

I agree 1000 %. But people that run baseball are morons

Agreed, they need to schedule regular season double headers to shorten the season, extending the post season.This should be a 3 game series
Exactly, loved double headers growing up . But players are treated like china dolls anymore.

BTW barring a complete meltdown in the next 6 games, there is no way I will be disappointed with the outcome of this season. I believe they are currently a better overall team than the Cubs. I believe they're currently a better overall team than every single team in baseball other than maybe the Blue Jays. Losing to the best pitcher in the world in a 1 game playoff will not change my mind about this. If somehow Bucs don't advance, I'm rooting hard for the Cards.
This. Although I must say that the Cubs have impressed me a lot and may have to concede that they are the better overall team. Didn't think they were ready to make this jump this soon but they sure have. Kind of sucks getting complete game shut out at home 2 years in a row in the WC game but hosting the game 3 years in a row says a lot about how far this team has come. Great season guys. Lets fire up the 2016 thread now.

I hate the ####### Cubs more than I hate the ####### Cardinals. I hope one of the stadiums blows up in the pregame, before any of the wretched fans are in their seats.

I was thrilled to see Arrieta get hit. Would have loved to see some punches thrown. At least Rodriguez tried.

I don't understand why Ramirez wasn't in the lineup.

I knew we were losing before the game started when I saw the starting lineup. Batting Marte cleanup was a major, major mistake. I love the kid, but ...

This game was typical Pirates. It has been 3 plus years and these guys are still up there hacking at bad pitches. I think they swung at four or five pitches that bounced.

I know it is hindsight, but I would have started Happ against that team to keep Schwarber on the bench, limit Rizzo and turn Fowler around.

Love Cervelli but if this team doesn't eventually figure out how to throw out baserunners at some decent rate, it's going to be a long time before they ever win a World Series.

It was another great season, with a disappointing ending.

Thanks Bucs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just stunned at the performance by Cole tonight. Never gave the team a shot. Pretty big choke job.
Cole was bad from the start but it is tough knowing that you have to throw a shutout to have any chance at winning. He may have settled down had the offense given him a little support.

It is too bad that a great season had to come down to the 1 game but had they taken care of business against the Reds and Brewers they would have won the division.

Big Cubs fan, but also a big baseball fan. I really enjoyed watching the Pirates this year and one thing I loved about them was that they always had a ton of fight in them to the bitter end. Lots of great comebacks all year. Have fond memories of sitting outside, grilling out, and listening to that wild pirates/cardinals with the (bs reynolds HR) game. They really were a great team this year and it is a shame their run is over.

They had their chances.

Would have been a great series, too bad it just came down to "their ace beat our ace". And their ace just happened to be the ace of aces this year. Oh well.

Tough loss, Pirates fans.

Your thread was great to track all season - ton of knowledge and passion. I was rooting for PIT last partly from my obligation to stand against all things Cubs, but I also wanted y'all to get more than one playoff game out of the season your team had.

If it feels like you got hit by a frieght train, I think a lot of us got a good look at who was manning the locomotive.

Bruce Dickinson said:
Tough loss, Pirates fans.

Your thread was great to track all season - ton of knowledge and passion. I was rooting for PIT last partly from my obligation to stand against all things Cubs, but I also wanted y'all to get more than one playoff game out of the season your team had.

If it feels like you got hit by a frieght train, I think a lot of us got a good look at who was manning the locomotive.
Thanks and good luck. The Cubs are en fuego right now, have 2 legitimate aces and a pretty awesome lineup. If the Cards get past them, they'll have a whole lot of momentum and confidence the rest of the way.

Pirates suck. Got owned by Arrieta. And Rodriguez is big #####. Real tough guy punching a water cooler. Such a baby.
Yeah 98 wins and losing to the best pitcher on the planet really sucks. :bye:
34-42 record against your division. Series losses to all four teams, including the Reds and Brewers. Only respectable series wins against the Dodgers and Mets. The rest of those 98 wins earned against cream puffs. Very overrated record. Pirates did not deserve a wild card spot. Sorry.

Pirates suck. Got owned by Arrieta. And Rodriguez is big #####. Real tough guy punching a water cooler. Such a baby.
34-42 record against your division. Series losses to all four teams, including the Reds and Brewers. Only respectable series wins against the Dodgers and Mets. The rest of those 98 wins earned against cream puffs. Very overrated record. Pirates did not deserve a wild card spot. Sorry.
I noticed this is only your second post in this thread and both of them were to piss on the Pirates. You're a clueless troll so this will be my last response to you.

I noticed this is only your second post in this thread and both of them were to piss on the Pirates. You're a clueless troll so this will be my last response to you.
Don't even know why these idiots bother.....

Users who are viewing this thread