What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (8 Viewers)

AEW needs to sign more ex-WWE guys.

And immediately give them title shots. This is literally TNA all over again.

Except TNA had much better TV ratings.....and the ex-WWE/WCW guys were actually draws at some point and/or not senior citizens.

Spent millions to add Stink/Wight/Christian. And ratings have went down (they beat NXT developmental show by all of 50k viewers this week) since they signed them. They've spent months and months of Stink doing pointless interview after pointless interview. Things have been so bad with Miro he probably wishes he were back in that atrocious Lana/Lashley wedding program. :thumbup:  

I distinctly remember Jericho and/or Toby Rhodes saying WWE had "all of 5 guys they'd be interested in" :lmao:  I'd venture to say Smash/Trash/Dash/Cash (2 guys that no one has a clue who is who even though they've been on TV for what 5+ years now :lol:  ) wouldn't be "two of those 5". Now they're signing all/every ex-WWE talent.

Good morning @Tom Servo
FTR was pretty big outside of WWE. The problem is Tony and company are over selling signings. Today outside signing a top Indie guys almost everyone out there is gonna be Ex TNA/WWE/ROH guy anymore. A lot of people knew Shawn Spears from his Indy days and The Perfect 10 Gimmick (Some people don't realize that was his gimmick before WWE). I think people got turned off by the PPV this week honestly which is ashame. 

However I'd be interested and curious if you were working for AEW who'd you sign that's realistically could come in and be a star for them. Lets make this more interesting and say you can't include Angel/Brock/RVD/Punk/ETC. 

WrestlingINC.com

@WrestlingInc

15m

Wrestling Inc. has learned that Andrade asked for his release this past Monday at the WWE RAW tapings.

Craig_MiamiFL said:
AEW needs to sign more ex-WWE guys.

And immediately give them title shots. This is literally TNA all over again.

Except TNA had much better TV ratings.....and the ex-WWE/WCW guys were actually draws at some point and/or not senior citizens.

Spent millions to add Stink/Wight/Christian. And ratings have went down (they beat NXT developmental show by all of 50k viewers this week) since they signed them. They've spent months and months of Stink doing pointless interview after pointless interview. Things have been so bad with Miro he probably wishes he were back in that atrocious Lana/Lashley wedding program. :thumbup:  

I distinctly remember Jericho and/or Toby Rhodes saying WWE had "all of 5 guys they'd be interested in" :lmao:  I'd venture to say Smash/Trash/Dash/Cash (2 guys that no one has a clue who is who even though they've been on TV for what 5+ years now :lol:  ) wouldn't be "two of those 5". Now they're signing all/every ex-WWE talent.

Good morning @Tom Servo
Well, good afternoon to you @Craig_MiamiFL  :D

While I watch and a fan of AEW, I'm not their shill. (Where's my check, Tony?)  What I will say is that from 2001-2019, there was really only one wrestling promotion.  So when AEW comes along and needs established stars to help put over former indy talent, where are those vets going to come from?   :ninja:   

Everyone will jump on AEW for bringing in former WWE talent, but is there anyone out there cracking on them for bringing in Ethan Page, a former Impact talent?  Of course not; this slam only comes concerning  ex-WWE talent.  Never mind the fact that Christian and Paul Wight spent time in WCW (Christian is also a former NWA World Champion).  If anything, these two are anything BUT WWE lifers; they had careers outside of Vince.

I'm not a fan of Wight's signing; if he ends up just doing commentary, then I could live with that.  Christian OTOH is a great signing.  His meetings with his opponent will be must locker room viewing.  Per Bully Ray, Christian will listen to your pitch, look condescendingly at you while drinking his coffee, and then tell you your idea is full of crap.  After a moment, he will then say, "Let's find a way to make this crap believable."  He's the guy they need to up the game of some of these guys IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
That request was also denied. 
Keep on enjoying catering, bud. 
I didn't realize I didn't post what I had yesterday. I had this denial confirmed liked hrs before The Observer reported it. Also from the same source Andrade has gone AWOL. 

Already whispers ALeistar Black may have been released so hopefully we get more news on either guy. Our expect more releases. 

If it’s a day that ends in Y, count on Jim Cornette to say something inappropriate, inane, or insulting. On a recent podcast, JC referred to Penelope Ford as Penelope Slut. 🙄

If it’s a day that ends in Y, count on Jim Cornette to say something inappropriate, inane, or insulting. On a recent podcast, JC referred to Penelope Ford as Penelope Slut. 🙄
And the dude calls himself a liberal? Cornett these days just says stuff to get himself attention. He's the old man who yells at the kids to get off his lawn daily. I guess his wife is upset with him as she hasn't had any "talent" to speak of in awhile 

I just realized I'm blocked by him probably because I called him a fake Liberal and that he's too ashamed to admit he's a republican. He hates that one because he swears on his mothers grave he's a Democrat constantly 

Today is the 10th anniversary of Victory Road 2011 PPV where Jeff Hardy came to the ring hyped up on Somas. 
Thankfully, Sting prevented Hardy from being fired by getting him into rehab. Even more thankfully, he’s now clean and sober. 

Today is the 10th anniversary of Victory Road 2011 PPV where Jeff Hardy came to the ring hyped up on Somas. 
Thankfully, Sting prevented Hardy from being fired by getting him into rehab. Even more thankfully, he’s now clean and sober. 
Eric Bischoff talked about this the other day when he was asked how bad was Hardy. He said "he was shocked he could stand. He was sitting back there in the moment (Not thinking this as a heel but as a person) Jesus my 13 yrs old daughter could hit him and he'd fall like a brink right now on the ramp. Seriously I wanted to punch Jeff there. WTF was he thinking, your career is on the line, you are in a title match for the companies top title? Jesus I was shocked he even made it to the ring." 

Sting also showed what a great guy he was. Hardy has said he was embarrassed because Sting was one of his favorites too. Also what many people forget is Matt went to Rehab at the same time. Meltzer had a whole article on them years ago I found on Bleacher report the other day. Found out the other day the Punk Dating Lita was never true and they were just friends. The Dirt Sheets apparently said it was and both Matt and Jeff confirmed it as they felt Punk had taken spotlight from them. Jeff was apparently jealous of Punk's success especially when Jeff was suspended before WM24 where he was suppose to win MITB Briefcase (yeah remember those matches at Mania they were fun lets get back to those at Mania now you don't have to worry about certain people not being booked Vince) but do to his suspension Punk won and got his first WWE Title not named the ECW Title. When Undertaker talked to Punk about dressing more appropriate as champ Jeff went to the dirt sheets and made it a bigger deal then it was that got him heat with the company and other wrestlers. The weird thing is Punk never brought it up so I guess the 3 of them have made amends since then? 

Point was TNA was going to fire both Matt and Jeff if they didn't go to rehab. Rehab was on WWE's dime while they were on TNA"s roster as WWE changing up their wellness policy any person who was a former employee of theirs and needed any short of wellness treatment they'd pay for it no matter who it was. 

Andrade thing is not over per source

The Andrade thing it doesn’t seem to be over. As I told you he’s AWOL as a result of an argument with John laurinaitis on the Thunder Dome about 90 minutes before the show when talent find out their final spots on the show. He was livid And asked for an immediate meeting. Out of rage he asked for his release and walked out sometime on the third hour. He has not called back and is putting Charlotte in a bad spot with mgmnt. Rick (Flair) has tried to calm him down but he’s not having it. He’s not answering his phone to any wwe official and was told via email his request was denied due to him being too valuable. He has four years left on his contract and is said he might do as Pac and be awol for a year go to Mexico don’t show up.

So did I hear correctly that Lashley is the main event at Mania? Completely understand it's to give McIntyre his moment, but I have zero interest in watching a Lashley match ever, anywhere. 
I've been on the Squared circle reddit and it's no wonder many of the guys with sources have left there. A lot of jealously from people and then you have WWE marks. I mentioned a rumor I heard Taker in 21 HOF for WWE and asked if this was too soon, should WWE wait for fans etc. A Redditor responded they'll wait for 21 as it makes no sense without fans. I said WWE Logic is pretty bad. Another Redditor responded with this gem 

"The product" isn't that bad. People still speak highly, if not praise NXT, and SmackDown had been hot for months. In 2020, and the first few months of 2021, the company has had a steak of good-to-great PPVs.

Want to see a logical move the company did recently? Making Lashley Champion.

So get out of here with the WWE = bad BS. It's tiring."

I got a kick out of this bolded underlined statement. 

My response was is this why the ratings are at an All time low? NXT is still good but lost it's touch since on main TV. WWE Logic Making Lashlehy Champion? Please he's not that good, he doesn't Draw ratings and he's terrible on the Mic. You do realize the only reason he's Champion was Vince wants McIntyre to win it in front of crowd at Mania right? Name me the good PPV's WWE has had? Mania outside of 2 matches was awful. Name me the streak of good to great PPVs. Good things in WWE right now

Hurt Business as a Group

US Title 

Roman as Heel 

Drew McIntyre

Everything else is avg to below avg. 

I haven't gotten a response back  either which Im not surprised. 

So did I hear correctly that Lashley is the main event at Mania? Completely understand it's to give McIntyre his moment, but I have zero interest in watching a Lashley match ever, anywhere. 
ANother Redditor got upset with me when I was talking about Andrade and got trigged with my "They sell their souls too WWE" when they sign with WWE now and he goes wrestling fans are so over dramatic and then starts crying about the adjectives I used. Then he got upset and tried to turn it around I was the one upset because I responded him like 12 hours later the next day. I told him I have a life and a job I've worked since the pandemic started I'm not afforded the luxury to sit at home all day. I have this thing called a life and don't spend my days arguing with smart marks. You seem upset my response mostly incovineced your keyboard warrior ego. A few other reditors jumped in on my defense and I told the dude he's embarrassing himself all because he's triggered by the adjectives I used. Adjectives I was repeating from friends in the business. 

But yes overall that is bad. Marks are ecstatic Lashley is champ but I'm not looking forward to seeing them complain after Mania when Drew has the title again. Lashley isn't a big star and this protects McIntyre as well. 

Anyone switched over to Peacock yet?
Looks like they're offering 4 months for $9.99 total. You may also have a cash back deal through CC company ($5 off Peacock through my CC company)

And I still don't know I'll join w/o the back library (apparently they're only offering the past year of PPV/content initially with hope they'll have full library by Summerslam and no match markers which is a huge bummer :kicksrock: ). I've been a subscriber since the beginning and only watch the older content. I put no value on the modern day product. Probably won't watch Mania unless there's something decent I'll watch of after it.

Anyone switched over to Peacock yet?
Without an extensive back catalog and nothing but a year’s worth of the current crap, I’ll pass on joining. 
Besides, I’m not interested in like 99% of their shows. And The Office is painfully UNfunny. 

ETA:  There’s more there that I like than I though. No Miami Vice, though. 

So I get the PPVs and everything for what I paid for Peacock already? 
Yep. 

You get WWE Network with either the Peacock $4.99 plan (ads) or $9.99 plan (ads). You get the upcoming PPVs and PPVs from the past year initially from what I read. Entire WWE library won't be completely added apparently til sometime in August.

WWE Network App goes dark for US residents first part of April.

If you already subscribe to Peacock, you'll get WWE Network included.
So if I already have a sub to the network, do I get all the Peacock stuff too when everything switches over? I'm not planning to ever watch any Peacock stuff anyways, but....

Britt Baker is wearing a CRIMSON MASK!!!!!

Yeah, on the one hand that was a really well wrestled match.  On the other hand I really didn't need to see a women's death match.  Cornette is right about one thing, Tony Kahn really doesn't know what he's doing as a booker, and he doesn't really have control of his locker room as far as what is being put on the broadcasts.  I'll keep watching, there's lots to enjoy about AEW, but man it's getting tougher.

For example, the Brian Cage face turn.  WTF was that?  It was so out of left field.  As I watched it I just shrugged to myself and said well I guess Cage is a face now, it made so little sense based on what we've seen from Cage and Team Taz.  Oh well, I'll stop.  I went on a bit of a rant there lol  

coyote5 said:
Yeah, on the one hand that was a really well wrestled match.  On the other hand I really didn't need to see a women's death match.  Cornette is right about one thing, Tony Kahn really doesn't know what he's doing as a booker, and he doesn't really have control of his locker room as far as what is being put on the broadcasts.  I'll keep watching, there's lots to enjoy about AEW, but man it's getting tougher.
Everyone was jacked about the match, and I was too until they both got color.  Call me a sexist pig or whatever, but I don't want to see ladies blading themselves.  Hardcore is fine - use thumbtacks, tables, chairs, whatever - but do not blade.  I understand why it was done, but IMO it's not something lady wrestlers should be doing.

AEW were so proud of themselves that they put out this video of the "fallout" of the match.  TK drops a couple of F bombs in his excitement.

Everyone was jacked about the match, and I was too until they both got color.  Call me a sexist pig or whatever, but I don't want to see ladies blading themselves.  Hardcore is fine - use thumbtacks, tables, chairs, whatever - but do not blade.  I understand why it was done, but IMO it's not something lady wrestlers should be doing.

AEW were so proud of themselves that they put out this video of the "fallout" of the match.  TK drops a couple of F bombs in his excitement.
They didn't blade though. Britt admitted she got busted open the hardware. I like the ladies doing stuff. Equality for everyone. Some of these girls are way better at it then some of these guys too. 

They didn't blade though. Britt admitted she got busted open the hardware. I like the ladies doing stuff. Equality for everyone. Some of these girls are way better at it then some of these guys too. 
That makes me feel better. If you get busted open the hard way, you can’t do much about that. 
I wonder if it happened to TR too. 

Good for Britt Baker IMO. This has been the most talked about moment from AEW since Cody's lashes maybe, and pushes her in a way that Becky getting busted up did. Maybe doesn't make her "The Man", but now you  put the belt on her with a montage that she gives blood, sweat and tears for this company. Easy story to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread