What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Good for Britt Baker IMO. This has been the most talked about moment from AEW since Cody's lashes maybe, and pushes her in a way that Becky getting busted up did. Maybe doesn't make her "The Man", but now you  put the belt on her with a montage that she gives blood, sweat and tears for this company. Easy story to tell.
I'm shocked that they haven't pulled the trigger on a title run for Baker yet. If she was in WWE, she'd be a three time champ by now.

Good for Britt Baker IMO. This has been the most talked about moment from AEW since Cody's lashes maybe, and pushes her in a way that Becky getting busted up did. Maybe doesn't make her "The Man", but now you  put the belt on her with a montage that she gives blood, sweat and tears for this company. Easy story to tell.
Especially since Shida broke her nose a year ago, plus the leg injury she suffered.  Keeping her on TV while in a wheelchair was money as it kept her in the fans' eyes.  

The Pride of Punxutawney, PA... :wub:  

Not gonna lie, Sammy Zane and his conspiracy theory gimmick is low key some of the most entertaining stuff going in wrestling right now.  That guy just gets "it"

WWE is a tentatively agreed to TiK Tok boxing match that won't happen because of Floyd Mayweather fight. ANyway there was talk of Logan Paul hosting mania. Take with a grain of Salt but Logan Paul might be put in a match with Goldberg. Take with a grain of salt as the thing is stupid but apparently that is something WWE is looking at. The talk of Paul first came up as Sammy had mentioned him since Logan has done some Conspiracy reports and that got WWE talking and thinking of this idea. Take it with a grain of salt. The cohost of the podcast I listen to brought this up and said he talked to his WWE a month ago and asked if he should bring it up on the weekly show. At the time he said don't because it's just so stupid. Well since then the rumor has gained some legs and his guy told him this past week if he wanted to say something about it then go ahead but honestly just take it with a huge grain of salt 

Add this to the VINCE IS THAT PETTY CORNER:

Charlotte has a lot of heat from one person, Vince McMahon. With what Andrade did confirming rumors, Vince took exception and has, for now, pulled Charlotte from Wrestlemania. She’s not wrestling Asuka on April 11. Wow

Charlotte has a lot of heat from one person, Vince McMahon. With what Andrade did confirming rumors, Vince took exception and has, for now, pulled Charlotte from Wrestlemania. She’s not wrestling Asuka on April 11. Wow
She’s also reported to be lady Buford P usser in the remake of Walking Tall. So, perhaps not so much. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm gonna call BS here. No way Vince can possibly be that dumb. I'm not even a huge Charlotte fan, but she is the face of that division.

I don't even know who Auska would even wrestle at Mania if it's not Charlotte. Maybe Rhea? Maybe have Bayley somehow jump brands? 

I haven't watched an episode of AEW for probably 3 months now. This is the first match I regret missing.

I'm gonna call BS here. No way Vince can possibly be that dumb. I'm not even a huge Charlotte fan, but she is the face of that division.

I don't even know who Auska would even wrestle at Mania if it's not Charlotte. Maybe Rhea? Maybe have Bayley somehow jump brands? 
Asuka is still suffering from a concussion that Shayna Baszler gave her (and also broke her tooth).  She may not be cleared even if Charlotte was available.

Right now, she doesn't have an opponent for WM...not that they can't make bricks without straw...
Yeah but my Coworker was telling me they never release any full timers for any movies or anything during mania season unless its a few days thing. They try to let talent and anyone who wants to use them that From Royal Rumble to at least the RAW after Mania their talent can't do any side projects.

According to Sources Johnny Ace was instrumental in Andrades release. There was a meeting between Johnny (On Andrade's Side) and Vince before the PPV and Johnny Talked Vince into letting it go and giving Andrade his release. Speculation and rumors coming out that the reason of the change of heart was that Andrades Fiancee and Ric Flair's Daughter threatened to leave are untrue. Charlotte is actually PREGNANT which is why she's off Mania now. No reason was given as to why Vince had a change or heart of what Johnny Ace said to have Vince change his mind on Andrade. Speculation is Johnny talked to Vince how Andrades publicly coming out with the release put negative PR on WWE and everyone knows Vince doesn't like Negative PR anymore with his company. Like I said before in a few posts from my understanding and what's been reported on Dirt sheets when Talent in the past has asked for a release lawyers have told them to go public about requesting one or contract negotiations if not in their favor or WWE tries to slime their way into tacking more time on talents deals when they want out. This puts WWE in a predicament publicly and one they do not want to be involved in. It's either use the talent in a way to make them happy or release them at that point because anything less you are creating more turmoil in the company. 

Now that Andrade got his release there's talk in the back between WWE employees and talent more talent could try and get their release who don't want to be there anymore. Speculation is Aliestar Black might be next, however I'm hearing the reason for Keith Lee's Absence is HE'S ALREADY REQUESTED HIS RELEASE FROM WWE. This has yet to be confirmed or denied either way, but there is a lot of talk in the back amongst other talent trying to get out of deals now. Morale in WWE main roster is on an absolute low these days and numerous talents are upset about their roster status as well as no clear view on what is even going on with Wrestlemania in terms of planning. With less then 3 weeks most of the card has yet to be set and talent is growing restless and impatient with lack of communication on plans from WWE higher ups including the creative team. The scene in the back is described chaotic and numerous people running around like their head was chopped off. No one has a definitive answer and there's growing concern that Vince is just going out on a limb with most of Mania this year. With No Brock or Undertaker that was 2 matches guaranteed not on the card this year. I suggested to a source that WWE bring back MITB Match for Mania but Vince apparently likes that as a Standalone PPV. 

Ric Flair mentioned on twitter that Wrestlemania isn't gonna be the same without Charlotte this year. Sounds like more then just Covid going on with her if he's already saying that. 

Does anybody have any recommendations about programming on Peacock?  I'm more interested in old matches than anything current.

The Peacock user interface is awful and none of the wrestling content is indexed for search purposes.

Does anybody have any recommendations about programming on Peacock?  I'm more interested in old matches than anything current.

The Peacock user interface is awful and none of the wrestling content is indexed for search purposes.
Most of the library won't be up till sometime in August. 

Modern Family and Suits is what I watch. Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Two and a Half Men (Ones with Charlie Sheen at least), Friday Night Lights, Monk all on there most stuff I watched over the years

Some interesting stuff for now 

Batista says he won't be doing the HOF this year as he has prior commitments made. 
Man deserves a live crowd. Him and HHH at Wrestlemania 21. That was the last properly executed WM build in the last era, the dying days, of what I considered professional wrestling in its truest form. That was the last WM I watched before I completely lost interest in pro wrestling for about 10 years and it went full-on Entertainment. Built that feud up perfectly for months. It was intriguing, it was fun, it was great television. I will stan tf out for Batista whenever his time comes.

Most of the library won't be up till sometime in August. 

Modern Family and Suits is what I watch. Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Two and a Half Men (Ones with Charlie Sheen at least), Friday Night Lights, Monk all on there most stuff I watched over the years

Some interesting stuff for now 
Weren't MF, ELR, KoQ, and TaaHM on other networks?

Tom Servo said:
Weren't MF, ELR, KoQ, and TaaHM on other networks?
I believe at one time. A few of these shows were bought by other networks and aired there. Like Modern Family Reruns are on USA Network so they can show modern family on it. The reruns they have on there they can 

Randy Orton and Alexa Bliss have heat with Orton's wife for the "pin" on Randy at Fastlane.

No word from Alexa's stalker on the matter.

With the rumor of NXT moving to Tuesday night, IMPACT has announced  they are moving back to their original night of Thursdays 

Peacock is reviewing all 17,000 hours of WWE content to “ensure it aligns with Peacock's standards and practices.” Gonna be a while, folks.

Randy Orton and Alexa Bliss have heat with Orton's wife for the "pin" on Randy at Fastlane.

No word from Alexa's stalker on the matter.
Greatest 3 count in the history of the business. Randy Orton was the real winner. His wife is a snowflake. Suck it up, buttercup. It's rasslin.

RIP WWE Network

RIP watching Attitude Era 

RIP to the guy that is half way through cleaning up the WWE library for family watching, not knowing that Mae Young is going to give birth to a hand pretty soon
I've heard from a couple people Peacock in general is complete ####. 

Imagine purchasing rights for a billion or whatever they paid for 5 years. And omitting the best era in the history of wrestling. WWE could show reruns of Raw back then and they'd outdraw today's product. 

BRO

Users who are viewing this thread