What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (11 Viewers)

Tamina with the splash off the top rope ala Jimmy Snuka. I guessing they win the title tomorrow. Need a new heal team to work with the rest. 
I've always liked Tamina. I thought if she got more work in at FCW and if NXT was around when she came to WWE she'd have faired a lot better. She is no where close to Jimmy but definite improvement since her debut 10 yrs ago. It's not much but someone who was lost in the Divas division to the revolution she deserved better. 

Anyone see any of the HOF? Wondering if it was worth watching and how long it was? Figured I'd skip to what I wanted to watch especially Bulldog. Interested in Liger's speech but it sounds like it was more of a short video message then anything 

Watched night one of WM and, while I liked it, it seemed underwhelming.  

1. Lashley winning was probably right for business as he needed that big win since he beat a lame duck champ in the Miz (and I'm a Miz fan).

2. Tag team turmoil was a miss. I would have liked them to maybe have pulled the trigger on a Riott Squad win to establish them a bit.

3. New Day vs AJ ans Omos was.....odd. ND played the heels and, while the match was fine, I'm not used to that.

4. Hated Braun and Shane. Might have been the dumbest buildup to a match ever and this is coming from a company who had a dude screw a corpse to try to get a match over.

5. Miz vs Bunny. I did not hate the match at all Bunny did great and Miz and Morrison carried him as well as anyone else could have.

6. Bianca winning wasn't a surprise,  but I'm just not feeling it with her. She checks all the boxes for sure, and the match was really good, but.... I dunno.

While we can bag on the E for their weird matches, apparently New Japan has said HOLD MY BEER!!

NJPW announced fans get to decide the upcoming stipulation for the KOPW 2021 Provisional Championship Match between Toru Yano and EVIL. The two are set to meet on night one of Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni on April 28 in either a Creation of Darkness Blindfold Match or a Darkness Match.

The first match’s rules are the following, as per NJPW: “Distinct from a ‘traditional’ blindfold match, this bout will start with four blindfold hoods on each of the four ring posts around the ring. A competitor is only able to defeat their opponent if they can blindfold them first. Should a hood be secured on an opponent, usual rules apply to pinfalls, submissions, knock outs and count-outs.”

The Darkness Match rules are: “The first three minutes of the match will see the lights turned on and off at thirty second intervals. From the three minute mark onward, there will be thirty seconds of darkness every three minutes until a decision is rendered.”

While we can bag on the E for their weird matches, apparently New Japan has said HOLD MY BEER!!
Difference is NJPW are actually thought provoking. WWE tries to recycle old ideas as new and they never come off like they should nor do they make sense in the circumstances. The matches NJPW did for this makes sense given it's Yano 

A still a bigger star than anybody in that company today. Which is an indictment of the booking process, not the talent.
He got over on a incredible cheap pop gimmick. Props to WWE and him at the time for taking advantage of it though. It was more luck then anything that got him as famous as he did 

First of all, the main event last night was great. Women stole the show.

What did I just watch with Fiend and Orton?? Bliss didn't even look that hot!

Fiend is just doing his own thing. I like them adding a horror element to the show. My 5 year old runs away whenever "scary guy" shows up. Match was just a way to set up Bliss as the higher power. 

Zayn and KO broke out moves they don't normally get to use in WWE. Fast paced - good midcard Mania match. KO adding a stunner for Logan Paul really gave the people what they wanted. 

Riddle and Sheamus worked snug. They were very sweaty...really happy they audibled out of the top rope white noise. I thought Bro looked great in his first high profile match. I don't mind giving Sheamus the win - he's been working hard all year. 

E and Crews was violent. I have no idea who the monster was at the end - he looked like Damien Priest plus six inches. Another good match - game on tonight. 

Users who are viewing this thread