What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Am I the only one who doesn't care about Sasha and Bianca Main Eventing? 

We has Banks who cried and threw a public temper tantrums a few yrs back and was allowed to go home by Vince and told to calm down and come back when she's not as emotional only to be put a rocket booster on her when she comes back. 

Bianca Belair plays he stereotypical Black teen early 20s girl who acts tough and anyone criticizing her is disrespectful. I'm as shocked with the whole cancer culture people aren't up in arms about Bianca's character for this stereotype. Then again The New Day's Original Gimmick was a stereotype of an African American Church with Gospel. It was and always has been a cringe group.  As well as the fact Bianca's character seems like a rip off of Sasha's character early on. 
Well this didn't age well :lmao:  

Well this didn't age well :lmao:  
I agree with the premise of his post, Belair is a perfectly fine performer and great athlete. No doubt about it. That being said, Sasha carried that match. 

Belair just doesn't interest me at all. Give me Banks,  Bayley, Rhea, Charlotte,  Asuka, Lynch, Io,,  or Bazler any day. Heck I'll even take some of the NXT women over her.

Night two was really hit and miss for me. Loved the women's match after they really got going and the main event. The Seamus match was OK too I guess, but the rest was just dumb. After the Orton/Fiend match I nearly turned the thing off it was so terrible. 

What crap did they pull tonight? Was it another classic opening?

"It's crazy MAGGLE, this post wrestlemania crowd. They cheer the people they hate, they boo the people they like!!"

Worst opening I've ever heard. Leave it to JBL.

What crap did they pull tonight? Was it another classic opening?

"It's crazy MAGGLE, this post wrestlemania crowd. They cheer the people they hate, they boo the people they like!!"

Worst opening I've ever heard. Leave it to JBL.
This was one of the worst episodes of raw I've seen in a long time. It was terrible. 

Saw the short clip of Sasha and Belair getting emotional at the start of the match. That was cool. Sounds like I didn't miss anything else.

Watching NXT for the first time and I can't remember how long. Jesus so many new faces. Also WTF is this Metro Sexual Johnny Gargano? The Way? What kind of group name is that? I always thought Johnny was a knock off Bryan Danielson and pretty overrated, but now he's just made to look like a total tool 

WWE with their yearly cuts: Billie Kay, Chelsea Green, Tucker, Kalisto, Blake, & Mickie James all wished the best in their future endeavors. 

I would want to see Tucker show up on NWA and just dominate. 

Bogart said:
Holy hell, Samoa Joe also released today. That one is a shock.
Not really he hasn't competed since he got hurt more then a year ago. He was just taken off announce duties recently too. WWE had no interest in using him anymore with all the injuries he's gotten. A shame because I wanted to a see Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles in a title match in WWE. After July 14th these talents released can sign anywhere. Hoping Joe can go to AEW or maybe NJPW 

Courtjester said:
The Billie Kay and Joe are weird. You give them a part at WM and then release them? 
Peyton Royce was apparently released too 

Days after Wrestlemania 37, the WWE announced that it had come to terms on the release of Samoa Joe, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Mickie James, Chelsea Green, Tucker, Kalisto, Bo Dallas and Wesley Blake.

Samoa Joe: Writing has been on the wall the last year. Vince doesn't trust guys who always get injured who aren't made big name wise by his company either

Billie Kay/Peyton Royce: Never should've broken them up. They were annoying but did their job well. I expect Peyton to end up in AEW where Shawn Spears her husband is. Could see Billie Kay since they are BFF's since HS joining her as well  

Mickie James: Ton of injuries don't see her wrestling much. Could see her going to NWA where her husband Nick Aldis is and doing a few appearances or working commentary or something for them. 

Chelsea Green: She hasn't been used a lot 

Tucker: Heavy machinery was a fun Tag team on NXT. Never should've broken them up. Otis stays because Vince gets hard for the stupid kid comedy stuff that Otis seems to like to partake in. 

Kalisto: Had a few decent runs nothing earth shattering. Lucha Dragons were cool in the beginning though. Could see him going back to AAA

Bo Dallas: Desereved way better. Ya Gotta BOLEIVE Guys. Wished they had incorporated him with his brother Bray more with the Wyatt Family or Fiend characters. Or At least had them tag together. Big miss on WWE's part unless the brothers told WWE they didn't want to work together 

Wesley Blake: Blake was great with Murphy in NXT. Forgotten Sons was a good Tag team till Ryker decided to be an idiot though. Feel bad for the guy 

Those that say injures played a part in Samoa Joe getting cut: WrestleMania was just headlined by a guy that beat cancer and two guys who retired from career ending injuries and told they would never wrestle again. It wasn't about Joe's injuries. 

Bo Dallas: Desereved way better. Ya Gotta BOLEIVE Guys. Wished they had incorporated him with his brother Bray more with the Wyatt Family or Fiend characters. Or At least had them tag together. Big miss on WWE's part unless the brothers told WWE they didn't want to work together 
JMO The biggest whiff by WWE in their history.

Great talker, a face you want to punch, solid worker, great gimmick IMO. If he had a certain Hall of Fame quality writer writing for him, he'd be at worst a high level mid card guy. 

BRO

Hope to see Bo back but have also read he's already preparing for his post-wrestling life. And perhaps that factored in.

-------------------

I think Joe's time has long passed. Was pretty solid in the mid/late 2000s but I don't think the 42 year old unstoppable ### kicker gimmick is gonna get over anywhere. He's not bad as a commentary type but he's not memorable either. Sounds like WWE has all but replaced Joe with Pat McAfee. Pat's awesome.......unfortunately WWE isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand most of the releases,  but the Iconics one is a head scratcher. They were passable in the ring, had decent mic skills and were the tag Champs just last year. Plus Peyton Royce is hot as hell. Figured Vince would keep her around at least.

Those that say injures played a part in Samoa Joe getting cut: WrestleMania was just headlined by a guy that beat cancer and two guys who retired from career ending injuries and told they would never wrestle again. It wasn't about Joe's injuries. 
That's because he's Vince's guy. A few yrs ago when Joe was destroying people on the mic they cut him back because he was making Roman and other's Vince wanted to push on the main roster look terrible they wanted over, over Joe. Vince also has a ton of respect for Roman's family hence why Nia Jaxx still has a job. I was told after the Becky incident from a very close source to the family that if NIA was any other wrestler she'd been fired on the spot. 

After Balor got injured he didn't trust Balor either again. Vince saw enough of him he let Hunter have him back in NXT

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread