What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (4 Viewers)

I still don't get the Roman love. Bland on the mic. Green as hell as a wrestler. The guy has like 4 moves, that's it.
But those moves are so so good.
They really aren't. He's like the 2014 version of Hulk Hogan except without any real charisma.
Maybe its the hair and beard but he reminds me of Nash who was pushed as a Hogan type in the diesel run. There is a place for the strong silent type ### kicker and he's got a good bloodline so I have hope. It seems they don't really ever want their big faces to have some work ratey move set. Who has had that since Bret and Shawn, which were failed eras really (throw in Benoit for that matter). Austin, Warrior, Cena, Hogan, Rock, HHH all had a few moves you could pop for. Don't like or hate it it myself, just what is. Savage and Punk could work though, but they also never got really behind them as THE guy.

My concern with him is, you see no improvement. Maybe he has to actually work more singles stuff, but he really needs four months in the midcard to get that heat going. Start to hopefully push him hard at survivor series for mania
Austin and Rock were good workers and had underrated move sets. I'd throw HHH in there too, although he's spent most of his career as a heel.

I still don't get the Roman love. Bland on the mic. Green as hell as a wrestler. The guy has like 4 moves, that's it.
They really aren't. He's like the 2014 version of Hulk Hogan except without any real charisma.
Maybe its the hair and beard but he reminds me of Nash who was pushed as a Hogan type in the diesel run. There is a place for the strong silent type ### kicker and he's got a good bloodline so I have hope. It seems they don't really ever want their big faces to have some work ratey move set. Who has had that since Bret and Shawn, which were failed eras really (throw in Benoit for that matter). Austin, Warrior, Cena, Hogan, Rock, HHH all had a few moves you could pop for. Don't like or hate it it myself, just what is. Savage and Punk could work though, but they also never got really behind them as THE guy.

My concern with him is, you see no improvement. Maybe he has to actually work more singles stuff, but he really needs four months in the midcard to get that heat going. Start to hopefully push him hard at survivor series for mania
Austin and Rock were good workers and had underrated move sets. I'd throw HHH in there too, although he's spent most of his career as a heel.
Rock after 1999 was indeed a good worker, and Austin was before the Owen Injury. But Austin's run was mostly kicks, stomps, a Thez press and a stunner. And it worked. But I am probably selling the rock short.

I do think though its somewhat about a style. Even Bret Hart had what I think Scott Keith or one of those 90's pre-blog blogger types called the 7 moves of doom I think. Russian legsweep, backbreaker, sharpshooter, I forget what else. Everyone generally gets to a formula because its a crowd que.

Rock after 1999 was indeed a good worker, and Austin was before the Owen Injury. But Austin's run was mostly kicks, stomps, a Thez press and a stunner. And it worked. But I am probably selling the rock short.

I do think though its somewhat about a style. Even Bret Hart had what I think Scott Keith or one of those 90's pre-blog blogger types called the 7 moves of doom I think. Russian legsweep, backbreaker, sharpshooter, I forget what else. Everyone generally gets to a formula because its a crowd que.
Bret's 5 Moves of Doom: The inverted atomic drop, Russian legsweep, backbreaker, elbowdrop from the second rope, and Sharpshooter.

Many wrestlers have had a broader move set than they use in the WWE(F). I've never quite gotten why the WWE likes to hold back on the potential of matches by limiting move sets. I believe it's mainly due to TV time and the guys want to get in their signature moves. Once you open it up to a longer contest, clearly these guys have more than the 5 Moves of Doom that they get touted for.

Great Raw last night. The Jericho return had me marking out like a 12 year old. I know he'll get the RVD treatment where he's going to be mostly putting the younger guys over, but I'm excited to see him back for however long it lasts.

Great Raw last night. The Jericho return had me marking out like a 12 year old. I know he'll get the RVD treatment where he's going to be mostly putting the younger guys over, but I'm excited to see him back for however long it lasts.
In one of Jericho's books he talked about a video he received from some crazy, backwoods, possibly inbred family. Perhaps they will incorporate that into this storyline.

Can't wait to hear the first Jericho podcasts post return. Would be really interesting if he goes deep inside baseball while back on TV.

Can we read anything into the return of AJ Lee helping the possible return of Punk? One can hope right?

D in the D said:
Jeremy said:
In one of Jericho's books he talked about a video he received from some crazy, backwoods, possibly inbred family. Perhaps they will incorporate that into this storyline.
I remember that part of the book. Isn't that on youtube? :oldunsure:

Can't wait to hear the first Jericho podcasts post return. Would be really interesting if he goes deep inside baseball while back on TV.

Can we read anything into the return of AJ Lee helping the possible return of Punk? One can hope right?
That was a pretty well kept secret wasn't it? I didn't see any rumors or tweets about him returning before it happened. After it he tweeted "surprise".

I don't hold out much hope for CM Punk. He seems like that great artist who takes himself too seriously. I see him like Bill Watterson of the Calvin and Hobbes comic. Or Barry Sanders. Once gone, they're gone for good. I hope I'm wrong.

By the way, I find it really disrespectful when fans chant "CM Punk" while the other performers are doing their promos and matches. I thought AJ Lee's return was a fairly big deal and I thought that detracted from her moment a little bit.

Jeremy said:
At least he will put the young guys like the Wyatts over, unlike Cena who ####### buried them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin Nash's moves: Hair flip, back elbow, side knee, flipper punch, side slam, snake eyes, Jackknife Powerbomb. Find a match with him doing more than those 7 moves.

Kevin Nash's moves: Hair flip, back elbow, side knee, flipper punch, side slam, snake eyes, Jackknife Powerbomb. Find a match with him doing more than those 7 moves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLH6xdXKYYk

:excited:
Forgot the big boot. I think I remember him doing the move where you put a guy on the second rope, then run over him with your foot over the rope. I wouldn't know what to call that move.

Also add corner foot choke, rib breaker, right handed KO punch, Emerald City Twister (I don't think I've seen him do this outside of Oz), and Chokeslam. So we're up to 14, being generous counting the twister and the hair flip.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YJQd86Kh6Q

Haha. I love Cornette. 2nd best manager ever. My favorite to watch his shoots. I think I remember watching that one they were referencing.

What's the squisher? Is that the move I described above?

edit: To be fair to these guys, more times than not, it's more important to be able to tell a story in the ring than what's in your wrestling arsenal.

Recommend Steve Austin's 2 part interview with Russo. One of the better ones I've listened to. They really only discuss WWF/E stuff but plan on talking WCW/TNA on a later podcast.

I don't see how it would hurt but I don't think we'd see him til the rumble

Punk will be huge box office when he returns

Rumble is 6 months away. I think eventually CM Punk, as great as he was, becomes an afterthought at some point. A year+ with no mention, no tease of comeback, nothing, is a long time. If he was recovering from an injury and they could show updates, have him on commentary, crap, even carry AJ's jockstrap and title belt that would we different.

I don't see how it would hurt but I don't think we'd see him til the rumblePunk will be huge box office when he returns
Rumble is 6 months away. I think eventually CM Punk, as great as he was, becomes an afterthought at some point. A year+ with no mention, no tease of comeback, nothing, is a long time. If he was recovering from an injury and they could show updates, have him on commentary, crap, even carry AJ's jockstrap and title belt that would we different.
I would have agreed with guy until this Monday. Before aj came out, there were LOUD and numerous cm punk chants. She will only refan the flame. He is still very much remembered

Actually though. Rumble is a bad spot for him. Maybe survivor series costing the authority something.

Emma was fired and rehired today
:lmao: she already got rehired?? (Saw she was fired earlier today)

Thought the punishment was quite steep considering the past actions of Swagger and that talentless hack Cameron. Emma can actually work and her gimmick will get more over in time.

D in the D said:
Smack Tripper said:

Yeesh, Thanks for putting the image of him skipping down to the ring with AJ in my head.

--Saturday Night's Main Event is up now on the network

--Preview of the Monday Night War is on tonight after Raw (Series coming in August)

--Santino retired

--AJ Lee can skip on my face

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Hey....if you just didn't see Ambrose v Orton right now then why are you in this thread to begin with?......awesome match!!!!.......makes you understand why Randy gets so many turns through the Wellness Program.......he will be an unbelievable bridge to the next crop of Company Faces

:lmao: Bo Dallas. The highlight of every show.

Can even make a match with a midget bull watchable.
Respectfully disagree. It's Dean Ambrose.
you are both right. Ambrose is my favorite character right now...I was also a huge Pillman fan, so that might explain why. Dean is enjoyable on many levels, and his match tonight showcased many of those (grinding on the ear, throwing chairs for no reason, etc). Bo is great for entirely different reasons. His segment is complete escapism, and all I do is smile the entire time.

I'm a huge fan of Aubrey Sitterson and his Straight shoot show. His work tonight was top notch. I encourage you to invest the hour plus in tonight's Youtube (or podcast, etc). Great discussions of how a character like Ambrose fits into the WWE Universe. Tonight features Brandon Stroud - great guest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGQ_5RmK7Bc

Not sure of the purpose with the Jericho/Wyatts program. It almost seems to me that they brought in Jericho to try to force the Wyatts to become heels; but they're so over it's not working. I hope it's not the case, in fact, hope the opposite happens b/c Jericho is at his best as a heel.

:shrug:

Not sure of the purpose with the Jericho/Wyatts program. It almost seems to me that they brought in Jericho to try to force the Wyatts to become heels; but they're so over it's not working. I hope it's not the case, in fact, hope the opposite happens b/c Jericho is at his best as a heel.

The WWE has been screwing up the face/heel designation on a bunch of higher profile guys for a while. Why the hell is Cesaro a heel right now? Bootista was crammed down our throats as face for a painful three months before Wrestlemania. Adam Rose is a new guy that is screaming to be a heel with that shtick.

FWIW in re Jericho and the Wyatts, I would prefer that they just let it play out as it is and let the fans, in this case, root for who they want with both sides taking on the tweener role.

I thought hell would freeze over before Jack Swagger got a reaction.

I do like his new shirt lol https://twitter.com/ActuallyAmJames/status/483637437194076160/photo/1

And I agree with Adam Rose. Guy must be turned heel
:lmao: at that shirt.

By the way, what's with Swagger injuring everyone he works with? Ziggler, Lawler and now Barrett...
Just bad luck I think. He's not a bad worker. He's just such a vanilla personality that'll never be passable on the mic. JMO Only reason he probably still has a job is Zeb Coulter. I think the now released Drew McIntyre ran into the same exact problem.

I'm just stunned he's now getting a reaction. Outside of Alicia Fox, I couldn't think of a talent on the roster that got less reaction for so long and yet remained on the roster.

The WWE has been screwing up the face/heel designation on a bunch of higher profile guys for a while. Why the hell is Cesaro a heel right now? Bootista was crammed down our throats as face for a painful three months before Wrestlemania. Adam Rose is a new guy that is screaming to be a heel with that shtick.

FWIW in re Jericho and the Wyatts, I would prefer that they just let it play out as it is and let the fans, in this case, root for who they want with both sides taking on the tweener role.
Jericho is there to establish Wyatt. Creative put Wyatt vs Cena and Wyatt had absolutely no where to go from there.

Cesaro is most likely Plan B in the Plan B(rock) drama. Brock is going to be Plan B vs Cena at Summer(Fest)Slam and be champ. WM XXXI is most likely to be Brock vs Reigns...with Cesaro as second choice and Cena as the fall back plan. All three will work and make a ton of money.

Users who are viewing this thread