What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (4 Viewers)

Looking at Cesaro from the night after WM thru last nights Raw where he jobbed for the third straight week you'd see the blueprint on how to bury a guy who had probably the most momentum of anyone in the company outside of Bryan. Heyman now with 3 straight big misses.
It's not Heyman's fault... they should have never paired the two of them in the first place.

A Cesaro/Big E feud might be sort of compelling with the strong-man angle, but they need to swap the heel/face designations first.
Could you rescue cesaro if he saved swagger from ruslev turning him face and putting him back with Dutch?

Looking at Cesaro from the night after WM thru last nights Raw where he jobbed for the third straight week you'd see the blueprint on how to bury a guy who had probably the most momentum of anyone in the company outside of Bryan. Heyman now with 3 straight big misses.
It's not Heyman's fault... they should have never paired the two of them in the first place.

A Cesaro/Big E feud might be sort of compelling with the strong-man angle, but they need to swap the heel/face designations first.
Could you rescue cesaro if he saved swagger from ruslev turning him face and putting him back with Dutch?
But that kills Swagger just as he finally gets over on his own (relatively speaking).

RBM said:
I watched some of the replay of WMXXX, it's amazing how bad they killed his momentum that he gained coming out of Wrestlemania.

Smack Tripper said:
OC Zed said:
RBM said:

Possibly, I think the whole problem is Cesaro is having difficulty with the heel role. He just naturally looks more like a babyface .

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Unbelievable the reaction Swagger is getting right now :lmao: with this Russev feud.

And Punk noted on Twitter he'll be starting a podcast when his contract is up. :popcorn:
How much are they clearing on each of these podcasts?

:moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: Assuming Punk did something like $3 mill a year, must be SERIOUS coin in these things to make up for all of these top guys to get into it like this... :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Unbelievable the reaction Swagger is getting right now :lmao: with this Russev feud.

And Punk noted on Twitter he'll be starting a podcast when his contract is up. :popcorn:

:moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: Assuming Punk did something like $3 mill a year, must be SERIOUS coin in these things to make up for all of these top guys to get into it like this... :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:
been wondering this myself, because they are all EXTREMELY diligent about getting them in. Either everyone has a great work ethic or they are getting well paid. I gotta think Austin makes anywhere from 100 K to a million. Jericho I'd guess 50K to 500K and JR 25K to 100K. (Austin and Jericho do two a week).

Craig_MiamiFL said:

I don't think it's anywhere in the realm of $3 million per year, but I've heard multiple reports that Punk doesn't need the money at this point so he'd likely be doing it to pass the time and make a little extra cash.

Isn't it obvious that this losing streak will lead to an IC title win for Cesaro on Sunday? He's a master of the battle royal!
This would make some sense. Hopefully they can give him a long and visible run to reestablish that momentum and the legitimacy of the belt. I had such high hopes for Barrett.

Looks like they're having success with Jericho turning Wyatt heel
This would be great as the company desperately needs more top heels. I can't take another PPV with Kane and/or Orton headlining.

Feuding someone with Cena (as Wyatt did for the first half of this year) is such a Catch-22 now because it inevitably elevates the other person's status, but it also ensures that at least half the crowd will be rooting for Cena's opponent.

Keith R said:
TheFly06 said:
Seth Rollins looked like he got legit injured durning the end of Raw.
Reports today are that is was a total work. GREAT sell job but that is all.
Looking at the roster, Rollins might be the most appropriate world champ right now.
I'm predicting Reigns to win the title Sunday. Not only does this put the belt on the hottest guy in the company right now (to my chagrin - Superpunch... woohoo!), but it also allows Cena to lose to Lesnar at Summerslam without giving Lesnar (part-timer) the title.

Keith R said:
TheFly06 said:
Looking at the roster, Rollins might be the most appropriate world champ right now.
I'm predicting Reigns to win the title Sunday. Not only does this put the belt on the hottest guy in the company right now (to my chagrin - Superpunch... woohoo!), but it also allows Cena to lose to Lesnar at Summerslam without giving Lesnar (part-timer) the title.
Interesting. Hadn't thought of Cena-Lesnar not being for the title. Not sure the angle to make it interesting though.

Reigns-Orton would be the title match I'd guess?

I think Cena retains Sunday and The Authority invokes plan C which is Brock.

JR with good Kurt Angle interview where he strongly hints he wants to go to WWE when contract up in Sept.

As always start, start at about the 30 minute mark on JR's podcast (and avoid his 30 minutes worth of rambling)

Keith R said:
TheFly06 said:
Interesting. Hadn't thought of Cena-Lesnar not being for the title. Not sure the angle to make it interesting though.

The conundrum with the Cena-Lesnar match is that you can't have Lesnar lose to Cena as that destroys the huge amount of heat he carries from breaking the Undertaker's streak (particularly if he loses in his first match afterward). And you run into the same problem if you have Lesnar beat Cena for the title... Lesnar's part-time status means he'll have to drop it within a few months (again, killing his heat).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lesnar show up on Sunday and being involved with some screwjob finish which causes Cena the title, thus setting up Summerslam. In that case, Cena and Lesnar would still be the main event with Orton and Reigns being a title match, but on the undercard.

Keith R said:
TheFly06 said:

The conundrum with the Cena-Lesnar match is that you can't have Lesnar lose to Cena as that destroys the huge amount of heat he carries from breaking the Undertaker's streak (particularly if he loses in his first match afterward). And you run into the same problem if you have Lesnar beat Cena for the title... Lesnar's part-time status means he'll have to drop it within a few months (again, killing his heat).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lesnar show up on Sunday and being involved with some screwjob finish which causes Cena the title, thus setting up Summerslam. In that case, Cena and Lesnar would still be the main event with Orton and Reigns being a title match, but on the undercard.
Ok, can buy that. But I think the better angle might be to have Orton win Sunday with Reigns having his big moment at SummerSlam.

This would be great as the company desperately needs more top heels. I can't take another PPV with Kane and/or Orton headlining.

Feuding someone with Cena (as Wyatt did for the first half of this year) is such a Catch-22 now because it inevitably elevates the other person's status, but it also ensures that at least half the crowd will be rooting for Cena's opponent.
I suppose we'll see a Cena/Rusev fued soon. Nobody could cheer that guy.

I can't get behind Swagger as long as Zeb is managing him. There's no way that character should be a face.

RBM said:
I watched some of the replay of WMXXX, it's amazing how bad they killed his momentum that he gained coming out of Wrestlemania.
I don't really enjoy the Cesaro character. He's got a couple amazing moves, but I find him dull for the most part.

:yes: As JR says in his podcasts, nobody ever made money for long in a tweener roll. Jericho doing a masterful job getting people to hate Wyatt, which is what he needs.

Keith R said:
TheFly06 said:

Ok, can buy that. But I think the better angle might be to have Orton win Sunday with Reigns having his big moment at SummerSlam.
This also makes a lot of sense. Probably put them in a cage to help give the match some more juice to balance out the Lesnar/Cena billing.

Keith R said:
TheFly06 said:

This also makes a lot of sense. Probably put them in a cage to help give the match some more juice to balance out the Lesnar/Cena billing.
That's a solid double main event. I assume Jericho-Wyatt and Ambrose-Rollins rematches will be in the mix. Nice 4 matches to build around.

been wondering this myself, because they are all EXTREMELY diligent about getting them in. Either everyone has a great work ethic or they are getting well paid. I gotta think Austin makes anywhere from 100 K to a million. Jericho I'd guess 50K to 500K and JR 25K to 100K. (Austin and Jericho do two a week).
Indeed.com states that a podcast host in California makes $142,000. Of course that's pretty generic. I would think for Austin, Jericho and Ross, it's less about the money they make from the podcast and more about the amount of pub they generate for their other ventures (Redneck Island, Fozzy, BBQ sauce). Not to mention the ego stroking from number of downloads, iTunes rankings, etc.

I don't think it's anywhere in the realm of $3 million per year, but I've heard multiple reports that Punk doesn't need the money at this point so he'd likely be doing it to pass the time and make a little extra cash.
Plus, remember that he and AJ are married now, and you gotta figure that as the top diva she has to be pulling in at least 200K annually, so their combined income is still pretty great, on top of what he has likely already saved up over the years, since he's always said that he'd retire at a young age, so you know he saved his money.

Listened to the first half of the Austin/Tommy Dreamer podcast this morning. Really, really good stuff. I didn't realize how financially invested Dreamer was in ECW. I need to go back and watch the Singapore Cane match. Sounds much like Austin/Hart where the crowd was completely in Dreamer's corner from that point and then from then on.

Bo Dallas is Bray Wyatt's real brother?
Yes....they are both Mike Rotunda's kids....I like the angle with Brock screwing over Cena tonight with Orton getting the belt.....easy to carry that Cena/Lesner feud into Summerslam with Reigns getting the belt from Orton.....have Rollins cash in the MITB briefcase on Reignst owards the end of the year and let Reigns v Rollins headline for 6 months or more

I haven't watched a ppv in 15 years. I have www network. Is this worth the watch? Haven't watched Raw/Smackdown in a while (years, I think)

I haven't watched a ppv in 15 years. I have www network. Is this worth the watch? Haven't watched Raw/Smackdown in a while (years, I think)
Of course. Why wouldn't you watch it if you have the network.
I got the Network to watch old wrestling shows. Almost through everything I wanted to see. Wish they had more WCCW and more old school ECW shows. Also wish they had AWA, I thought they bought them out?

Of course. Why wouldn't you watch it if you have the network.
I got the Network to watch old wrestling shows. Almost through everything I wanted to see. Wish they had more WCCW and more old school ECW shows. Also wish they had AWA, I thought they bought them out?
Yeah its crazy that everything isn't on there

I just started watching about 6 months ago. I like Bray Wyatt's gimmick , bored with Kane & love the Bo Dallas schtick

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, of all the horrid attempts at Russian accents over the years (Nikita Koloff), this woman takes the cake.

Wow, of all the horrid attempts at Russian accents over the years (Nikita Koloff), this woman takes the cake.
At least Nikita lived the gimmick for 6 years. He apparently tried to never speak anything but broken English nor break character, even off TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least Nikita lived the gimmick for 6 years. He apparently tried to never speak anything but broken English nor break character, even off TV.
As a kid, I didn't really notice how bad it was. But I am watching a lot of old nwa, boy was it bad. Also never understood why they turned him face. He was awesome when he was a heel.

As a kid, I didn't really notice how bad it was. But I am watching a lot of old nwa, boy was it bad. Also never understood why they turned him face. He was awesome when he was a heel.
The NWA needed someone to fill in as it appeared they were moving to book Flair vs Magnum for Starrcade '86. Nikita had a lot of momentum coming off of his feud with Magnum TA and after Magnum's career ending vehicle accident, they were desperate to fill the void. Nikita was getting a lot of cheers, so they aligned him with Dusty and rekindled his feud with Flair (Flair and Koloff had met prior at The Great American Bash '85 - with both playing heels, but Flair getting the cheers).

I still wonder how much would have changed if Magnum wouldn't have had his accident.

The NWA needed someone to fill in as it appeared they were moving to book Flair vs Magnum for Starrcade '86. Nikita had a lot of momentum coming off of his feud with Magnum TA and after Magnum's career ending vehicle accident, they were desperate to fill the void. Nikita was getting a lot of cheers, so they aligned him with Dusty and rekindled his feud with Flair (Flair and Koloff had met prior at The Great American Bash '85 - with both playing heels, but Flair getting the cheers). I still wonder how much would have changed if Magnum wouldn't have had his accident.
Definitely would be the world champ.

And one other old school post. Roddy Piper was the absolute best wrestler with the microphone. Mick Foley would probably be second for me. Ric Flair, Chris Jerricho, and Arn Anderson close finish the top five.

Actually smart booking to not have a clean Rollins/Ambrose here. Build it to a big one at SS in 4 weeks.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Not a great ppv at all.

Tag match great

Battle royal boring

Swagger-Rusev is fun and I'm sure we get a rematch at SS

Surprised at the Jericho win but again...part II at SS

Ambrose-Rollins best thing going and now even more hype for the one on one.

Main event boring. Cena vs Reigns is being teased as something huge but I have no interest.

Looking likely Battleground is the worst PPV of the year for the second time.
I turned it off after Jericho/Bray. That, and the Uso/Wyatts match was the only ones I wanted to see... except for Rollins/Ambrose, but they pulled that one.

Thought show was decent.

Enjoyed the battle royal even with the unoriginal ending. They really should institute a 10 count on guys that go under the top rope. Miz needs the belt more than anyone else (so he has some/any reason to be relevant).

Glad they're extending Swagger/Russev program. Swagger getting a reaction for the 1st time in his 6 years with the company. Thank Zeb Coulter & WWE for sticking with Swagger when they easily could have released him awhile back.

Missed the Jericho match. Surprised to hear he won. Imagine Wyatt goes over at SS.

Thought the divas match was sloppy garbage from Paige's end. Not one of her better outings.

4 minute PPV "post show". :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread