What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (5 Viewers)

It is being reported the following wrestlers have been released by WWE:

Braun Strowman

Aleister Black

Ruby Riott

Lana

Santana Garrett

Buddy Murphy

Black was done for after they took away his entrance. One of the all-time dumb blunders in WWE/F history IMO.

I'll bet Strowman let them know he wasn't returning.....and they wanted to act like "they let him go/didn't need him". Really not any different than Black, albeit Strowman with a higher position in the company.

Black was done for after they took away his entrance. One of the all-time dumb blunders in WWE/F history IMO.

I'll bet Strowman let them know he wasn't returning.....and they wanted to act like "they let him go/didn't need him". Really not any different than Black, albeit Strowman with a higher position in the company.
Braun couldn't sell tickets. He was done when the Wyatt family disbanded (not sure why they ever let that happen) and Braun couldn't wrestle worth a lick. Creative also made him look like an Idiot

Black was done when he went to the Main Roster. I was hoping they'd send him to NXT and he'd go to the UK again and work maybe face WALTER for the title. 

Buddy Murphy impressed me in his 205 run and I hope maybe he goes to NJPW/IMPACT but wouldn't mind him in AEW

With Vega having had talks with AEW (Not believing the reports she's back in WWE until something is officiall) could see her and Tommy End in AEW. Then Again I've also heard from some people that Vega's talks with AEW were for her husband and since she was not signed with WWE AEW could talk to her and AEW is interested in Tommy End. Talking to her was a work around loophole to talk to her Husband and she could relay him those conversations. Tommy End is another talent WWE had under their noises they could've made a star and if possible could've had a really good Mania build up involving Undertaker who could've given him the rub. 

Can't believe how badly wwe whiffed with that list of wrestlers. They might as well have released Liv too if they got rid of Ruby. 
No doubt they are going to try and repackage Liv in the "elegant" Lana role. Better wrestler and could pull off the fancy gimmick they try to put on Lana. It won't work, but that doesn't stop them from trying.

I'll crap on WWE for talent releases a lot and they could afford to keep talent. But at the same time WWE has hoarded talent for yrs and now realizes their plan backfired as there is just too much. I think Nick Khan is also trying some new things in WWE. Many of these releases aren't surprising. I'll go through what is being reported as cuts for now with where I think they should go or where I believe they will go. 

Black: His release is more of a surprise given the timing. Just started a bad@$s gimmick and just had a shirt come out with a cool logo that looked like a Black Metal Shirt. I've heard rumors Vega had negotiated or talked to AEW about her husband as a work around to him being under contract with another company Wouldn't shock me if Tommy End is a surprise at All IN but goes the Moxley Route and goes and does some NJPW first. Tommy End is super talented and I think there's some people in the Indi scene who didn't appreciate him while he was there. 

Braun: Dude was super raw and should've had more time in NXT. Wyatt Family was great for him and the minute they disbanded he was done. Didn't help this monster was made to look like an absolute big dumb@$s stereotype by creative. That Shane bullying him storyline was pathetic. Awesome dude but terrible wrestler. I read a story how Seth Rollins blew off Fans after his Hell in A Cell match a few yrs ago at a local food store in the area. it was a dad and son. Alexa Bliss and Braun saw the incident and went over to the dad and son. They apologized, took some pics with the kid and signed some stuff for him. Braun can be an intimidating person do to his size but he's a gentle giant. He's really easy to work with and will do anything which is why I think he had the status he did with the company. Maybe he goes to Impact. I know he's friends with a few AEW guys but really with the Big guys they have he is so out of place. IMPACT if he goes anywhere

Lana: Not surprised with Miro in AEW. Lana resigned before Miro quite and WWE realized despite being a decent hit she was not as good without Miro. I think the Obvious if she wrestles or manages again is AEW with her husband 

Ruby Riott: She's a hell of a wrestler and talented. Dam shame that didn't show in WWE. I think AEW would be wise to Sign her and add to the Women's division 

Buddy Murphy: Alexa Bliss' ex fiancee really impressed me in his 205 run. Really talented guy and really cool guy to be around. Surprise here given his wife Sara Lee is a coach at the PC. I could see him working Japan for the Junior Weight IWGP belt in the future. 

Santana Garret: Not really used much. I remember her more at TNA years ago and Mae Young Classic. Would make sense for her to go back to IMPACT 

No doubt they are going to try and repackage Liv in the "elegant" Lana role. Better wrestler and could pull off the fancy gimmick they try to put on Lana. It won't work, but that doesn't stop them from trying.
But But Eva Marie is back they'll give it to her 

WWE rolling in Scrooge McDuck money, but have "budget cuts".  :rolleyes:
It feels like they are setting up to sell. Started with ending the Network and now these feel like cleaning up accounting errors. COVID has shown how to survive without live shows, or a new way to reimagine them. If I'm Vince, I don't want to die at Gorilla Position. If I'm HHH and Steph, I have $150 million in the bank and want to watch my kids grow up. Plus their share of $2 billion when Vince goes, plus the sell of the company.

Sell to Amazon or Apple or Netflix, who have four plus years to figure out how they want to move the product to their platform.

It feels like they are setting up to sell. Started with ending the Network and now these feel like cleaning up accounting errors. COVID has shown how to survive without live shows, or a new way to reimagine them. If I'm Vince, I don't want to die at Gorilla Position. If I'm HHH and Steph, I have $150 million in the bank and want to watch my kids grow up. Plus their share of $2 billion when Vince goes, plus the sell of the company.

Sell to Amazon or Apple or Netflix, who have four plus years to figure out how they want to move the product to their platform.
I'm not a business man, but wouldn't selling your streaming rights to Peacock kind of limit your options?  Why would any of those three buy it when their own product can be streamed exclusively on their competitor? :shrug:  

I'm not a business man, but wouldn't selling your streaming rights to Peacock kind of limit your options?  Why would any of those three buy it when their own product can be streamed exclusively on their competitor? :shrug:  
The streaming rights are for five years. I guess NBC would be the most logical buyer over the length of that contract, but I could see something weird happen. Think Marvel/Sony with Spider Man.

As much as we all love Roman Reigns, the company does not have a Hogan or Cena or Austin or Rock right now. Not saying we are going back to the dark ages (aka the Bret Hart era), but you could see the mainstream appeal of the product go down. Another perfect time to sell.

Hearing some big names to be released and some news outlets are even reporting this. Names I've heard so far is Bray Wyatt, Keith lee and Mia Yim 

Hearing as well there will be NXT releases even NXTUK will Have half roster released

Most of the wrestlers released had their contracts coming up and WWE wasn't resigning them

Lana had apparently moved to the new Hart Dungeon in Tampa with TJ and Natalya but had wanted out for awhile 

Tommy End was asked about the report involving his Wife at the PC a few weeks ago. He basically called out Meltzer and Figtful for a non story that was complete BS and all it was is a headline by someone to sign up for their patron for "breaking news" when there was nothing (Not a surprise from Fightful select as they've done this in the past) and called it hurtful for his wife and him as Vega apparently had threats and hate thrown her way. He called the dirt sheets dumb and that 95% of the time it's BS and just them guessing on stuff and a broken clock is right twice a day. So It sounds like Vega was not going back to WWE and both SRS and Meltzer took big swings and missed on this one. 

Said he was involved for a lot of his character and had a talk with Undertaker about changing up his character so people get a human side to relate too even if it has to be a heel. Said a lot of his ring attire and promo lighting was Easter eggs giving some hints on his next opponents and stuff. Very intricate stuff. Said Vince was very professional and loved how he (Tommy) carried himself professionally and really liked his ideas. He wrote a lot of the his own promos for this last character and disappointed in not being able to show the whole character

He thanked Paul Heyman and said he was told he was let go for Budget cuts. He and other didn't know about his release and said from the program he and Big E were doing  he only knew the two were going at it and wasn't told what the expected outcome at the end would be. Said he was disappointed for Big E as well. He talked about Ricochet and how they first came up did 4 shows on the road a week so they traveled together which is why they had such great chemistry. 

He doesn't know what his next move yet is. He's just disappointed and shocked right now.  

DJackson10 said:
Holy #### Andrade is ALL ELITE!!!!!!!! What a signing!!!!! 
I love how the "smarter" members of the IWC speculated that either he and Charlotte had set their wedding date or that Charlotte got knocked up.  They got worked, and I'm :lmao:  about it.

Legends of Hamburg (PA) event coming up.  @DJackson10 can finally get to meet Jillian Hall.
I always thought she was kinda of under burt honestly I'm vey excited to see the Extreme Guest. Sandman told me a month or so ago about this and Gordon ECW Founder, Sabu, 2 Cold Scorpia, Sandman himself, Rhyno, Tony Mamaluk & Nunizo, Alfonso, and Joel Gerntner. 

Also my Samoan Dynasty guys like AFA JR and Same, Lance and Jacob Fatu, LA Smooth 

Jimmy Rave 

I can yell to Marty Jenetty and explain to him how he jumped through the barbershop window

Plus Cowboy Bob Orton

Only a tad over an hour to get there too. 

Triple H made an appearance today at the Sixers game to do the traditional bell ring gimmick. Sixers Star Center does Triple H's signature Water spray. People bombarded WWE/Triple H to come and Hunter had mentioned Joel in a comment how good his impression was. 

Anyway I was surprised he did this now and now next season. WWE isn't allowing anyone to do public stuff yet. I was told by a source late afternoon some in WWE were not happy with the Triple H appearance. Heard from one person about double standards and favoritism. 

One person believes WWE wasn't initially gonna do this but after the horrible ratings they believe the Hunter appearance on a national TV game is a hope of getting people to watch RAW tomorrow night. 

Anyone watch the Nick Gage Dark Side of the Ring?

:o
No I didn't realize it aired yet. I actually know Nick very well. He's a Philly guy and he was a commentator with Joey Janella on his 24/7 Wrestling show for some of the UltraViolent matches that took place. 

Really cool stories from Nick and surreal life especially with the Prison time. I've told him numerous times if I need to take a trip in certain parts of North Philly he's coming with me because I know not even the gangs would #### with him. I got introduced to Gage from my Coworker who went to CZW events. Gage is the guy who introduced us to Jon Moxley too and we all had drinks after that show together. I was 21-22 at the time drinking with a coworker twice my age and two and indy stars who had busted their asses for yrs already. Will never forget that night. 

Nick was really good friends with Danny Havoc and last May when Danny died Nick shared on twitter a letter Danny wrote him while Nick was in prison. 

I've been watching the WWE treasures series on A&E. It's not too bad. I enjoy it a lot more than the A&E/WWE Biography collabs. 

I think the Vice Dark Sides are so good because there's no WWE spin/involvement. 

Jesus Christ, they're really having Bazler, one of the most successful nxt champs ever (and that's saying something), run from a ####### doll.

I listen to Bruce's podcast and, funny thing is, he seems pretty level headed. I'm guessing this is all Vince. 
Agree. Love Bruce on his podcast and I would pay good money to sit down with him and talk World Class stories ("I know you weren't there, but what did you hear") for a couple hours.

But, Bruce also knows who signs his checks and if he works the entire Internet and wrestling fanbase, so be it. He has made good money being Vince's creative scapegoat. 

Jesus Christ, they're really having Bazler, one of the most successful nxt champs ever (and that's saying something), run from a ####### doll.
Welcome to WWE where NXT stars go to the main roster to die. If I ever went to WWE I'd want it known in my contract that I'm only signing with NXT. After my contract not resign and go else where where I could make more just for being a former WWE talent 

I listen to Bruce's podcast and, funny thing is, he seems pretty level headed. I'm guessing this is all Vince. 
He's a Vince Yes Man The problem which is ironic is exactly what CM Punk said in his pipe bomb that Vince Surrounds himself with glad-handers and yes men. The sad part of the whole pipe bomb? Everything CM Punk said has come true 

He's a Vince Yes Man The problem which is ironic is exactly what CM Punk said in his pipe bomb that Vince Surrounds himself with glad-handers and yes men. The sad part of the whole pipe bomb? Everything CM Punk said has come true 
This. And I'm not faulting him for being a Yes Man. He's got a job still at 60-something all the while the product is the worst it's ever been.

He's also a lifelong drunk, pillhead, and habitual liar. Pretty bad combo for someone to recall things of the past. A prime recent one was on the Macho doc. He called Macho's mom a holocaust survivor. But fortunately, Lanny Poffo (aka The Genius) is still alive to call Prichard out on his BS as she was born in Illinois. Yet another tale made up in Bruce's mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread