What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games *** (1 Viewer)

Sounds like NBC is losing big on these games

By some accounts, viewership for the winter games is down 24 percent from the 2014 Sochi Olympics games, among viewers between ages 18 to 49, according to CNN. That demographic is regarded as the most-coveted by advertisers.

Not surprising. Their coverage is terrible and the US team has not been great overall.
Plus the time delay. At least here on the east coast, the good stuff has either started past 11pm or been replayed at 7:30am when most people are heading out to work. 

I'm not trying to say that the location choice has to be more American friendly, but i'm sure the numbers change when you can provide better prime-time coverage. 

Sounds like NBC is losing big on these games

By some accounts, viewership for the winter games is down 24 percent from the 2014 Sochi Olympics games, among viewers between ages 18 to 49, according to CNN. That demographic is regarded as the most-coveted by advertisers.
I wonder how much of that is due to streaming from the NBCOlympics site/app.  And whether that's across all their networks.

I've watched a TON of Olympics, but 90% hasn't been on NBC proper because 90% of that is figure skating (sometimes when it doesn't even count!)

Users who are viewing this thread