What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Rap/Hip Hop Discussion Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Gotcha. I've been to the venue a few times, actually. It's pretty nice. I can't believe Migos are pulling hundred dollar tickets. Rap/Hip Hop has passed me by, for sure.  
I definitely feel that with 95% of these Soundcloud rappers.  However, there are still a lot of gifted MCs/Artists putting out quality content.  Anderson Paak is one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PmUtmfTmbg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another instance of the death of rap: During the Rams/Raiders game, one of the announcers called the DJ "lit" and was encouraged to "freestyle." 

It's over, folks. All over.  

eta* He just freestyled. He rhymed haters with Raiders. 

eta2* Oh, okay. It was Nate Burleson. Carry on. 

Another instance of the death of rap: During the Rams/Raiders game, one of the announcers called the DJ "lit" and was encouraged to "freestyle." 

It's over, folks. All over.  

eta* He just freestyled. He rhymed haters with Raiders. 

eta2* Oh, okay. It was Nate Burleson. Carry on. 
so they are making Nate rap now?  SMDH i like him as an analyst.  shame they are making him act a fool.  leave the rapping to arian foster who is actually pretty good.

so they are making Nate rap now?  SMDH i like him as an analyst.  shame they are making him act a fool.  leave the rapping to arian foster who is actually pretty good.
Nate wanted to. He called the DJ "lit" and said he could freestyle. He then actually did after a penalty. 

I like him as an analyst, too, so I'm gonna let that one pass. 

Too funny, though.  

I can't over how good Sicko Mode is. I haven't heard anything like it maybe ever. It's not cool to enjoy the mainstream new stuff, but I don't care. Song of the year for me right now. God tier. 

And yes, I'm exaggerating a bit but I don't know how a song tops it for me in 2k18. Worth a listen to anyone who hasn't checked it out. And yes, Drake is featured on, but don't let that discourage you. It's swerves way left.

John Bender said:
I can't over how good Sicko Mode is. I haven't heard anything like it maybe ever. It's not cool to enjoy the mainstream new stuff, but I don't care. Song of the year for me right now. God tier. 

And yes, I'm exaggerating a bit but I don't know how a song tops it for me in 2k18. Worth a listen to anyone who hasn't checked it out. And yes, Drake is featured on, but don't let that discourage you. It's swerves way left.
Got about a minute in

John Bender said:

-27 seconds for a word to drop

-55 seconds for the beat to drop

I can't do songs like that, generally if a song can't catch my attention in the 1st 15ish seconds, I check out mentally. I went halfway thru but couldn't finish it. Not that I ever f'ed with Travis Scott. Just couldn't vibe with the beat.

I appreciate I can actually understand what he's saying tho. So I got respect for that.

John Bender said:

Awful 

John Bender said:

Not sure why all the hate.  The song was pretty solid. :shrug:

John Bender said:

I downright loathe Drake but kinda feeling this.  Has a lot of layers and good to hear a song over two minutes - night and day from the Soundcloud trend  Still doesn't top Antidote however.  Love how he switches things up at the 3:40 mark:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnZ8h3MRuYg

i have only heard 4 songs but cot damn Em went in.  Glad he got some good production for a change.  For those that listened to the bad meets evil album, this album is basically that Em.  Straight bars.  No cheesy tracks for radio play.

The Ringer is great, but who, back in the late nineties and early aughts, would have predicted that El-P would run lyrical circles around Eminem in terms of content?

LOL was trying to figure out why everyone was referencing that Bill Simmons website. 

Also the song is pretty good but I am with RA, Kendrick is still the best alive. 

I’m curious what people think about MGK’s response to Eminem with Rap Devil. 

I like it...a lot. 
i was actually impressed he dropped that within a day.  It isnt bad at all.  Granted, Ems track was way better.  But still, now em has to respond again.  And MGK doesnt have much to lose.  :popcorn:

But yes, Em is likely going to bury him now. 

i was actually impressed he dropped that within a day.  It isnt bad at all.  Granted, Ems track was way better.  But still, now em has to respond again.  And MGK doesnt have much to lose.  :popcorn:

But yes, Em is likely going to bury him now. 
My uncle use to say don't fight women, f-words or kids (this was the 70s-80s btw, sorry if you're triggered by it).  You can't win, even if you win.  This is an L any way Em shakes it out.

It's punching down for Em, way down.  MGK is going to look good either way here.  Em should do what Trump did when he attacked Trump...totally ignore it. 

My uncle use to say don't fight women, f-words or kids (this was the 70s-80s btw, sorry if you're triggered by it).  You can't win, even if you win.  This is an L any way Em shakes it out.

It's punching down for Em, way down.  MGK is going to look good either way here.  Em should do what Trump did when he attacked Trump...totally ignore it. 
Totally ignore it and send the secret service to scare his ### :lol:

Not an MGK guy, but that was real hot. What a great "diss" record. So good. 
Really? Production is trash. Flow is pretty basic. He disses recent Em albums but MGK doesn't have any good albums. MGK seems like a wanna-be taking a wild swing on an old George Foreman. Foreman could be 75 but ain't a man alive who can take a clean punch from him. 

Really? Production is trash. Flow is pretty basic. He disses recent Em albums but MGK doesn't have any good albums. MGK seems like a wanna-be taking a wild swing on an old George Foreman. Foreman could be 75 but ain't a man alive who can take a clean punch from him. 
I disagree. MGK had some really great lines in that diss track.

Probably the best diss track I've heard since Drake's Back To Back.

You didn’t like the bad meets evil album with Royce?  That one was solid.
It was ok. I can't give the most accurate assessment of it- haven't heard it in years. Probably only listened once or twice back then even and I wasn't overly impressed. 

It was ok. I can't give the most accurate assessment of it- haven't heard it in years. Probably only listened once or twice back then even and I wasn't overly impressed. 
Aww man give it another listen.  The lyrics were crazy on it.  Every track Royce and em bodies completely.  Speaking of Royce if you haven’t heard his latest album please do.  It’s album of the year for me.

I was just reading that Lil Wayne's Tha Carter V is released in the fall.  Is this the old album that Birdman was holding hostage for awhile?  Is this new stuff? 

Agreed. I listened to both songs and thought they were both pretty stupid.

I think the best thing Eminem could've done was to freestyle on Sway or Breakfast Club and just #### on the guy in one bar, and not say anything about him after that.

Agreed. I listened to both songs and thought they were both pretty stupid.

I think the best thing Eminem could've done was to freestyle on Sway or Breakfast Club and just #### on the guy in one bar, and not say anything about him after that.
This is exactly what I thought -- well, not really. But it's perfect. I was thinking an incidental diss would have been the best tack. He just said said anyone coming at him is a lose-lose proposition. He's right.  

Kill Shot was weak.  The only hot line in it was when he compared MGK to Lil Tay.   Also, why bring up the Diddy killing Biggie then say I'm just kidding?  Stupid.

The Ringer is official fire in this household. He takes on the whole industry and comes out looking better than dysentery on the ### end.  

Kill Shot isn't very good. Oof. Bad flow, bad beat.
I saw a comment somewhere which I wholly agree with.

With Killshot, Em went back to battle rapping. He got personal, and that's all he was focusing on. He wasn't trying to make a hit with a banger head-bobbing beat behind it. He wanted minimalist instrumentation, so people would focus on the words and not the music. I think he achieved what he was after.

Users who are viewing this thread