What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Seattle WRs Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Seattle papers said Jackson missed large stretches of the games because of the pain. That can't be good. I need him for next week with Moss on bye. Then again, maybe he needs to sit a week for long term health.

Seattle papers said Jackson missed large stretches of the games because of the pain. That can't be good. I need him for next week with Moss on bye. Then again, maybe he needs to sit a week for long term health.
Actually, I watched almost the whole game since DJ is on my roster. Every time I checked, he seemed to be playing. Do not remember any long stretches where he was not in there.Nitty

engram in supposedly questionable for next week. Djax is one of those guys that's gonna do whatever he can to not let his team down... especially w/ his hands' reputation... i think he'll be ready to go next week :hophead: Djax owner here

If his knee hurts there is a reason. It seems strange that noone has come out and stated what is wrong. Bruise? Minor strain? Laceration? Arthritis?

I watched the entire game this week and DJax was always in there as far as I saw and the announcers never reported that he was sitting out any length of time. If he missed any time it must have only been a token play or two.

Seattle papers said Jackson missed large stretches of the games because
i saw Djax sit for long stretches when washington had the ball...maybe that's what the seattle paper's were trying to say...too much friggin' coffee... :rolleyes:

Has a MRI been performed on his knee? Haven't read where he's had one, but if it's giving him this much problem, he really needs to have one.

He anchors three of my WR lineups so I have been very interested here - I am hoping the LACK of news is more telling than the presence of any.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2180304

Seattle receiver corps banged and bruisedAssociated Press

National Football League News Wire

KIRKLAND, Wash. -- Bobby Engram's ribs throbbed, Jerramy Stevens' finger swelled and Darrell Jackson's knee got progressively more sore.

By the end of Sunday's 20-17 overtime loss to Washington, Seattle coach Mike Holmgren was searching for any healthy bodies who could catch the ball.

"Near the end ... I kept asking (receivers coach) Nolan (Cromwell) 'who do we have, who can go in?' It became a little difficult to do some of the stuff," Holmgren said Monday. "Bobby, he's one of the toughest players I've ever had."

Engram cracked two ribs on Seattle's first play of the game Sunday, but still played and caught a season-high nine passes for 106 yards. He finally had to sit in the fourth quarter when Engram felt he was becoming a detriment to the Seahawks chances' to rally.

Stevens said he dislocated his right ring finger on the second play of the game, and trainers had to pop it back into place.

Jackson's ailment popped up last Friday when he arrived at team headquarters with a sore right knee. Holmgren said the pain got continually worse during Sunday's game.

Still, Jackson had seven receptions for 55 yards and caught a 6-yard touchdown from quarterback Matt Hasselbeck with 1:23 left that tied the game at 17. After Sunday's games, Jackson was third in the league with 29 receptions and Engram was tied for fourth with 27.

"Bobby ... to play injured the way that he did and make plays, shows his leadership on this team," Hasselbeck said. "I feel very fortunate to be his teammate."

Engram's injury is by far the most serious, and his status for Sunday's game at St. Louis won't be determined until later in the week. Engram said the flight back from Washington was extremely uncomfortable and he tried to move very little. Sleeping Sunday night wasn't easy either.

"We'll see how fast I can heal," Engram said. "The first 48 hours are always the worst."

If Engram can't go against St. Louis, Joe Jurevicius will most likely start at split end. Seattle will also get Peter Warrick back this week, after he missed Sunday's game with a left groin injury.

Seattle signed Warrick just before the season started, after he was released by Cincinnati. He had one catch for 42 yards against Arizona. Jurevicius has seven catches for 103 yards and two touchdowns.

"You have to know your role and step in there and do the same thing. We can hopefully keep this thing going," Warrick said. "It's kind of hard to come in here and learn the system, but I'm learning every day. "

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...027_hawk04.html

Seahawks

Notebook: Hawks walking wounded

By José Miguel Romero

Seattle Times staff reporter

ROD MAR / THE SEATTLE TIMES

Seahawks receiver Peter Warrick, right, who missed Sunday's game with a groin injury, will be available this week.

KIRKLAND — The Seahawks have to face the possibility of not having one of their starting wide receivers, Bobby Engram, available to play this Sunday in a crucial regular-season game against the St. Louis Rams.

The other starting receiver, Darrell Jackson, has a sore right knee that got worse as last Sunday's game wore on. He figures to be available, but just how much is unclear as of today.

The Seahawks lost tight end Jerramy Stevens temporarily to a dislocated finger, but trainers popped the finger back into its joint and Stevens was able to continue playing.

Coach Mike Holmgren said it was too early yesterday to make a determination on Engram's and Jackson's availability. On Sunday, it got to the point where Holmgren kept having to ask wide-receivers coach Nolan Cromwell who could play at that given time in the game.

"Near the end, it was kind of the shock troops," Holmgren said.

Engram and Jackson did not run with the rest of the team yesterday. Engram wore a wrap around his ribs and Jackson had a heavy ice wrap around his knee, and Holmgren said both players were very sore.

The good news is that Seattle will have wide receiver Peter Warrick available after he missed the last game with a groin injury. Also, tight end Itula Mili will practice this week with the idea that he will be available to play after having missed the first four games following an intestinal blockage.

Reserve cornerback Jimmy Williams will serve as punt returner on Sunday.

"D"-ing up on D-Jack

In the days leading up to last Sunday's game, Washington cornerback Shawn Springs told Seattle media that he knows how his former teammate Jackson thinks, and that such insight would help him cover the Seahawks' leading receiver.

It certainly appeared that way. Springs won the head-to-head battle when he covered Jackson, though the Seahawk had another good game with seven catches for 55 yards and a late touchdown that tied the game.

Washington had Springs on Jackson to start the game, but because its defense has Springs lining up in different spots and the Seahawks move Jackson from one side of the field to another, the two weren't always matched up.

The first time Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck threw to Jackson, a quick out to the right side, Springs was there to stop Jackson for no gain. The next time, Springs was almost side-by-side with Jackson on a downfield route, and Hasselbeck overthrew Jackson.

Jackson had virtually all of his success working against other defenders. In fact, he had just two more catches against Springs, one for 5 yards and one that was nullified when Jackson stepped out of bounds, then came back in for the catch.

Notes

• Holmgren said he heard from the NFL officiating department about a questionable pass-interference call against safety Michael Boulware in Sunday's loss. "At the time it happened, I thought it was a great play by Michael," Holmgren said, choosing his words carefully. "And it turns out to be it was a great play."

• The Seahawks will have starting right tackle Floyd Womack available to play this week for the first time this season after his recovery from a triceps injury. But Womack has a personal matter to tend to and will meet the team in St. Louis at week's end. Sean Locklear likely will start again in Womack's place, with Womack perhaps active as a backup because he can play several positions along the offensive line.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seaha...p-4749506c.html

3rd-and-long Sunday for Seahawks

JON NAITO; The News Tribune

Published: October 4th, 2005 12:01 AM

KIRKLAND – Patterns develop in football games. It’s what coaches watch for, plan for and scheme for.

But sometimes none of it seems to matter, because players still have to make plays.

In a 20-17 loss at Washington on Sunday, a familiar set of circumstances began to occur, a gridiron déjà vu in which the Seattle Seahawks found themselves unable to make a stop on third down.

Entering the game with the league’s best third-down defense, the Seahawks failed time and again to stop the Redskins on that crucial down.

Of the 18 third-down attempts Washington had Sunday, they converted 13.

If that wasn’t bad enough, the Sea-hawks also surrendered big plays at inopportune times.

Washington converted third-and-9 or longer eight-of-nine times.

“They did a good job keeping in the back and gave (Redskins quarterback) Mark (Brunell) a couple extra seconds to throw,” said Seahawks defensive end Bryce Fisher. “They made plays on third down at the end of the game and we didn’t.

“A lot of us have been playing this game since we were little kids. The routes don’t really change, the schemes don’t really change. They just made plays when they had to and we didn’t.”

Two of those plays occurred at crucial junctures in overtime – Brunell scrambled for an 18-yard gain on third-and-9 and Santana Moss had a 30-yard reception on third-and-10.

On Monday, Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren had difficulty pinning down an answer to his defense’s inability to make stops.

He said everything from his defense’s relative youth and inexperience to the Redskins’ ability to throw the ball, to being on the road contributed to the collapse.

“It wasn’t just one thing, Holmgren said. “The things we could have done better – some of our pressures, we didn’t align properly in the effort to hide the coverage – and we were a tick late getting to the ball.”

Banged up

Already thin at wide receiver because of injuries, the Seahawks took a couple more hits Sunday.

Darrell Jackson aggravated a sore knee, but still caught seven balls for 55 yards and a touchdown. Tight end Jerramy Stevens dislocated a finger, but played on.

But it was Bobby Engram who had the toughest day. Despite cracking two ribs early in the game, Engram played the rest of the way, leading Seattle with nine receptions for 106 yards.

The situation was exacerbated by the fact Peter Warrick missed the game with a groin injury and Alex Bannister was on injured reserve with a broken collarbone.

“Near the end, it was kind of the shock troops” Holmgren said. “I was asking (receivers coach) Nolan (Cromwell), ‘Who actually do we have? Who can go in?’ He goes ‘You don’t have this, you don’t have this, you can do this.’ All of sudden he’s like ‘You can have this.’ So we were constantly juggling this. It was becoming a little difficult to do what we wanted to do.”

Engram wore a brace on Monday and was in some discomfort. It is unlikely he will play Sunday at St. Louis. Jackson and Stevens are likely to play.

Warrick is expected to return this week. Along with Joe Jurevicius and D.J. Hackett, Warrick could see an expanded role against the Rams.

“Players have been coming to me all week and saying ‘Pete, it’s your turn this week,’” Warrick said. “I’m ready to go right now. I need to step up and I want to step up. I’m ready, man.”

No regrets

Holmgren reiterated that he stands behind his play-calling late in the fourth quarter.

Kelly Herndon’s interception gave the Seahawks the ball at the Washington 33 with under a minute remaining.

But instead of attempting a pass to get a closer field goal for kicker Josh Brown, Holmgren elected to run the ball, gaining just 4 yards on two Shaun Alexander runs. Brown then missed a 47-yard field goal as time ran out and the game went into overtime.

“I pretty much made up my mind,” Holmgren said. “If I kicked it right now, without running a play, (Brown) would make this kick. I’ve done it before. You take a chance on a pass and goofy stuff happens. I was not going to take that chance there.”

The possible root of Holmgren’s conservative play-calling on Sunday?

A play he called years ago as an assistant coach with the San Francisco 49ers.

Late in a close game, he called a short pass from Joe Montana to Jerry Rice. Deion Sanders, with Atlanta at the time, nearly intercepted the pass, the ball hitting him in the hands, before he dropped it.

“I think that play has always stuck with me,” Holmgren said. “I put the ball in the hands of the best player in the world, throwing a fairly safe pass and I almost lost the game for our team.”

Extra point

The Seahawks signed receiver Tony Brown to their practice squad. Tight end Calen Powell was released

Just to make myself feel warm and fuzzy...My interpretation of these articles would be that Engram would probably not play and Joey J would start in his place?

I've read where he's likely to play in several places, but that doesn't ease my concern over his knee at all. An MRI would though. With Engram, more than likely, out this week, who gets the upgrade? I see Steven's production go up this week. Jackson, I don't think is effected much, if at all, because he's the first read in the majority of the plays.

I'd like to see Djax get an MRI too.... he won't get a bye week rest untill week 8, and this seems like one of those injuries that comes out of nowhere and will linger for awhile... i'm not too worried about this week... but i hope he dosn't aggrivate it

I like DJ a lot this week (if he plays). I think SA will open it up a lot for the passing game and want to pencil in 120/2 for DJ.

Seattle's more concerned about their WRs than they're letting on. They signed another WR to their active roster, and actions speak louder than words. I'm a little bit concerned about how this injury affects D-Jax's season-long value, but I'm still keeping him in my top 10 until he gives me a reason to drop him.

upgrade Joe J!
Was thinking of a one week snag n' spot start for Joe J... but me thinks Warrick will step up... as will Stevens, Mili and Shaun. Tha being said... 3 catches for 30 yards and 2 TDs knowing my luck in not grabbing him.

I'm tempted to pick up Joe J and starting him along side D-Jax this week while Randy is on bye. My only other options are Stokely, McCariens & Battle.

Darrell Jackson = Doubtful for Week 5According to Heraldnet.com...http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/05/10/05/..._receivers2.cfm

Seahawk wide receivers doubtful for Sunday's game By Scott M. JohnsonHerald Writer KIRKLAND -- The Seattle Seahawks' injury report includes both starting receivers, neither of whom is expected to play Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.Darrell Jackson (knee) and Bobby Engram (ribs) are both listed as doubtful for the game. Joe Jurevicius is expected to start on one side, while Peter Warrick or D.J. Hackett could get the nod at the other position.

CONFIRMED

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...webhawks05.html

Seahawks

Both Seattle starting WRs doubtful for Sunday

The Associated Press

E-mail article

Search Most e-mailed

Most read

RSS

KIRKLAND, Wash. – Starting wide receivers Bobby Engram and Darrell Jackson were both listed as doubtful for Seattle's game Sunday at St. Louis.

Engram cracked two ribs on the first play in last Sunday's 20-17 loss to Washington. He still caught nine passes for 106 yards, before sitting out the fourth quarter and overtime.

Jackson has a bone bruise in his right knee that flared up late last week. He played against the Redskins, and had seven catches for 55 yards, including a 6-yard touchdown reception with 1:23 left that tied the score at 17-all.

Coach Mike Holmgren said that Jackson's knee had increased swelling on Monday, and will be held out of practice this week.

"With rest, we think it will get better," Holmgren said. "But no one can tell me how long."

Jackson is third in the NFL with 29 receptions and Engram is tied for fourth with 27. If neither can play, veterans Joe Jurevicius and Peter Warrick will start.

Jurevicius signed as a free agent in the offseason, and has been Seattle's No. 3 receiver. He has seven catches for 103 yards and two touchdowns.

Warrick signed just before the start of the season, but missed last week's game with a left groin injury. He's made just one catch so far, in mop-up duty in Seattle's 37-12 win over Arizona.

Seattle also re-signed Jerheme Urban on Tuesday. Urban made Seattle's roster to start the season, but was inactive for the opener at Jacksonville and was released on Sept. 13. Last year, he played in six games, and caught six passes for 117 yards and one touchdown.

Who is going to be their go to guy this weekend? Jurevicus, Warrick or someone else? Playing the Rams one of them should come up with a big week.

will Jurevicius and Warrick be a viable option for HBeck this game? As mentioned before this was supposed to be a shootout, but will Seattle just get "shot" with this set of WR's?

:wall: I think DJax will play, that's why they're sitting him out of practice all week. I pray DJax can go.........

you'd have to worry about hass's production now...i would think that seattle would rely on SA to carry the load. joe j should be able to fill in OK, but warrick has had ONE target all season during garbage time from the back up QB...i think i'll start steve mcnair @ houston over hass this week.

will Jurevicius and Warrick be a viable option for HBeck this game? As mentioned before this was supposed to be a shootout, but will Seattle just get "shot" with this set of WR's?
I agree, bad timing for the Hawk's passing game and Hasselbeck. This was supposed to be a great match-up for him. Now it looks like an extra large dose of SA vs. the Rams passing game. I can't imagine more than 200/1 with that supporting cast.

:wall: I think DJax will play, that's why they're sitting him out of practice all week. I pray DJax can go.........
I'd rather see him sit and rest it for a week, rather then risk further injury.

i think so too... if he rests it all week, then gets a shot of cortizone or some pills on saturday or sunday, i think he'll be good to go... dosn't seem like there would be that much of a chance to further injur himself with a bruised bone... i think it's just very painful... but i'm no physician

I agree, I've got DJax and Caddy in the same boat, but would rather suffer a loss this week than have them both lingering on the Injury Report week after week.

So who is going to be the best option from the 'hawks? Jurevicius or Warrick? Or will Stevens see alot of balls his way?

I agree, I've got DJax and Caddy in the same boat, but would rather suffer a loss this week than have them both lingering on the Injury Report week after week.
Ditto on Caddy as well.

Ditto on Caddy as well.
Me 3 :( But I need the win (2-2) and CPep and Shockey are on a bye. I dont mind if Caddy sits but Jackson needs to play for this juicy matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread