What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Seattle WRs Thread *** (1 Viewer)

I'm leaning toward Joe J. He's going to get a lot of looks this week and should be very productive against the pathetic Rams.

DJAx is going to be the guyIts a strategy Holmgren is borrowing from Skeletor.100 yards and a touchdown--you heard it here first.

Reality check - bone bruises can take a very long time to heal. It sounds like DJax has one on the end of one of the bones in his knee joint and the only way it will heal is if he sits. I would prefer that he not play this week and next if necessary so that he can come back and pick up where he left off instead of being limited by the injury or aggravating it while playing. Kinda sucks since he is on BOTH of my FF squads.

Hopefully having him sit out a week will help the problem and he'll be good to go the rest of the way. It just sucks that he's likely to miss such a sweet matchup. He could've destroyed the Rams and those could be tough points to replace in your lineup if you have him.

its gotta be a heavy dosage of Shaun...if u need to start one of those wr's its gotta be JJ, does warrick even have a catch?

With both D Jax and Egram doubtful to play against the Rams, how much will that affect Hasselbeck's production. He won't get as good of numbers this week if both don't play, will he still put up numbers worthy of being a starter on your fantasy team this week?

I'm contemplating this too for this week. I had liked the matchup against STL (who wouldn't) for Hass, but with both his top WRs out I'm a little hesistant. I did just pick up Warrick in two leagues with the rational tht if Hass does produce, then Warrick could and should produce too. I could see him ripping off two big plays this weekend. Although, I am a little concerned about Warrick's health. Anybody have the latest?

Warrick is recovering from a groin injury, isn't he? JJ looks like the better option out of the two at least for now.

I think this game is lower scoring than some might think. SEA will want to control the clock and run Sh Alex all day. STL is a weak DEF so they may be playing most of the game. I'm sure Holmgren does not want a shootout with a gimpy WR corps.

The Associated Press KIRKLAND, Wash. – Starting wide receivers Bobby Engram and Darrell Jackson were both listed as doubtful for Seattle's game Sunday at St. Louis. Engram cracked two ribs on the first play in last Sunday's 20-17 loss to Washington. He still caught nine passes for 106 yards, before sitting out the fourth quarter and overtime. Jackson has a bone bruise in his right knee that flared up late last week. He played against the Redskins, and had seven catches for 55 yards, including a 6-yard touchdown reception with 1:23 left that tied the score at 17-all. Coach Mike Holmgren said that Jackson's knee had increased swelling on Monday, and will be held out of practice this week. "With rest, we think it will get better," Holmgren said. "But no one can tell me how long." Jackson is third in the NFL with 29 receptions and Engram is tied for fourth with 27. If neither can play, veterans Joe Jurevicius and Peter Warrick will start. Jurevicius signed as a free agent in the offseason, and has been Seattle's No. 3 receiver. He has seven catches for 103 yards and two touchdowns. Warrick signed just before the start of the season, but missed last week's game with a left groin injury. He's made just one catch so far, in mop-up duty in Seattle's 37-12 win over Arizona. Seattle also re-signed Jerheme Urban on Tuesday. Urban made Seattle's roster to start the season, but was inactive for the opener at Jacksonville and was released on Sept. 13. Last year, he played in six games, and caught six passes for 117 yards and one touchdown. ----- Choo's View: Pay close attention to this. If Seattle enters the game without Jackson and Engram, St. Louis will load up against the run and allow Jurevicius and either Warrick or Hackett to run wild. This should also help Stevens, who probably would have punished the Rams cover-2 anyway.

I can probably withstand one or two weeks of Jackson sitting out. I have Ferguson to plug in to replace him. However, I desperately need him for the latter half of the season, especially week 9 where I will have 4 players on bye. :loco:

Gonna wait and see on DJax. I wouldn't be surprised if he played. A bone bruise is more of a pain tolerence issue, and gets a little better each day. He'll receive treatment daily and I'm sure when Sunday rolls around, he's going to want to play. If it's simply too painful he might not be able go, but I'm holding out hope.BTW, did anyone hear if he ever got a MRI exam last Friday when he made his "surprise" trip to the doctor? I know a couple of posters have mentioned it, but haven't seen or heard that he got the exam.

For what it worth I heard on the radio here in seattle that he will definately sit this week. I'm going to sit him too I guess.they weren't saying doubtful as the injury report states, they were saying out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seattle is going to throw, no matter who is at wideout. JJ will see a lot of work, Stevens will tear up the field. For what it's worth, Hackett and Urban can ball.I would not be surprised to see Seattle use a lot of 4 wide reciever sets this game, to spread out the defense, and to make them honor the pass which is good for SA.This will be a fast tempo game as Seattle needs to win big for mental reasons. :football:

With this news, I ran out and picked up JoeyJ and Warrick off of waivers, meaning that in one of my leagues, I am now devoting FOUR roster spots to Seattle WRs. :eek:

For what it worth I heard on the radio here in seattle that he will definately sit this week. I'm going to sit him too I guess.

they weren't saying doubtful as the injury report states, they were saying out.
Thanks for being so specific. :rolleyes:

If they are both out, I see Joe J and Stevens being the top 2 options as they will get all the endzone looks. But I wouldn't be suprised to see D-Jax suck it up and play.

:wall: I think DJax will play, that's why they're sitting him out of practice all week. I pray DJax can go.........
I'd rather see him sit and rest it for a week, rather then risk further injury.
I agree, I've got DJax and Caddy in the same boat, but would rather suffer a loss this week than have them both lingering on the Injury Report week after week.
Ditto on Caddy as well.
Me 3 :( But I need the win (2-2) and CPep and Shockey are on a bye. I dont mind if Caddy sits but Jackson needs to play for this juicy matchup.
Well if you need the win, then you should be happy that CPep is on a bye. ;) I have Shockey off as well, but that is why I picked up Stevens. I am not sure if I it is better or worse that Jackson won't play. I didn't mind Engram because that would be more balls for Stevens, but Jackson would be there to take the doubles. Not that I think defenses will game plan for Stevens like they do for Gonzo and Shockey, they will probably go more at Alexander so hopefully this is all good for Stevens.

I heard last night that D-Jaxs knee may be worse than just swelling and a bruise. Keep your eye on this one! Plus the fact that Bobby has 2 brokens ribs. That is very painful.

What Seattle will be missing on Sunday are wide receivers. Two of them to be precise, and a pair of pretty important fellows at that.

Starters Darrell Jackson and Bobby Engram are expected to miss this week's game. Jackson has suffered a bone bruise in his right knee that has left him swollen and sore. Engram has two cracked ribs.

It's not the only notable absence this week.

St. Louis coach Mike Martz missed practice on Wednesday as he recoups energy drained by a viral infection that has affected his heart lining. He's expected to be on the sideline Sunday, but said he doesn't expect wide receiver Isaac Bruce to play as he recovers from a toe injury, though several Seahawks said Wednesday they won't be surprise if Bruce plays.

The status of Seattle's receivers is a little more certain. Engram and Jackson are listed as doubtful on the team's injury report, though Holmgren clearly indicated Wednesday that neither will play this week.

Engram was injured on the first play of Sunday's game in Washington, yet went on to finish with nine receptions for 106 yards. It's unclear when Jackson was hurt, though Holmgren said it most likely happened when Jackson was trying to stop suddenly and make a cut and was tackled from behind. Jackson missed practice last Friday to have his knee examined and then played on Sunday in Washington.

There is no ligament or cartilage damage for Jackson, which is good news, but the joint is swollen and sore and got worse as Sunday's game progressed. More X-rays were taken this week.

"To get this thing to quiet down, we all decided that he's just got to not practice, not do anything," Holmgren said. "Otherwise it could be one of those nagging things that could get worse if we don't do it now."

There is no target date for Jackson's return because it's a matter of when he feels better.

"I think it is going to be shorter more than longer," Holmgren said.

link

link
Holmgren's a notorious liar when it comes to talking about injuries dating back to his days with the Packers, but I sure hope he's right because DJax was off to a terrific start.

Bob Glauber on ESPNs Cold Pizza said this morning that the duo could be out for a month.

:unsure:
Has anyone seen anything corroborating this? We don't really know what's up with DJax, but how long do athletes typically miss for cracked ribs?

***PAGING JAA'S WIFE***

Oct 6 Stevens will have his best opportunity yet for targets Sunday at St. Louis because the team's top two receivers, Darrell Jackson (knee) and Bobby Engram (ribs), will not play.

Recommendation: Stevens gets about five looks a game. He likely will get more this week. Joe Jurevicius, D.J. Hackett, Peter Warrick and Jerheme Urban will be used at wide out. Jurevicius will get the most looks, Warrick is the downfield threat and the other two are too green to count on for fantasy stats. Stevens has proven a reliable target for quarterback Matt Hasselbeck.

LINK

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...hawknote06.html

Notebook: Starting WRs for Sunday wanted

By José Miguel Romero

KIRKLAND — The news is not so good for the Seahawks at wide receiver, leading into a game against the Rams on Sunday in which they could sorely use the depth.

Starting wide receiver Darrell Jackson is listed as doubtful, according to the team's first injury report of the week, as is co-starter Bobby Engram, who has cracked ribs. Despite doubtful status, meaning each has a 25 percent chance of playing, neither will play Sunday at St. Louis, coach Mike Holmgren said.

Jackson has what Holmgren called a bone bruise in his right knee, according to MRI results. Jackson won't practice this week, nor will Engram.

"The good news is, with rest, I believe, and our medical people believe, it will get better," Holmgren said about Jackson's bruise. "That's the tricky part. No one can really tell me how long for sure. I think it's going to be shorter more than longer after talking to Darrell."

Without Jackson and Engram, the team's receiving corps in St. Louis will be made up of Joe Jurevicius, D.J. Hackett, Peter Warrick and Jerheme Urban.

Hackett and Warrick have been either fourth receivers or inactive, meaning they have hardly been on the field this season. Holmgren hasn't decided which two will start in place of Jackson and Engram.

Yesterday, Jurevicius and Hackett practiced the most with the first unit on offense, with Warrick and Urban working with the second-team offense.

Despite the Rotowire opinion, I think Jackson might still play if his knee is feeling better. Game time Decision of course. I guess Ferguson against NO is a decent back up option....Of course I have Hasselbeck as well...

Is there a link to both being out? I have seen both as doubtful, but nothing that says for sure that neither will play.
I posted this in the other thread bout half way down the first page right now.What Seattle will be missing on Sunday are wide receivers. Two of them to be precise, and a pair of pretty important fellows at that.

Starters Darrell Jackson and Bobby Engram are expected to miss this week's game. Jackson has suffered a bone bruise in his right knee that has left him swollen and sore. Engram has two cracked ribs.

It's not the only notable absence this week.

St. Louis coach Mike Martz missed practice on Wednesday as he recoups energy drained by a viral infection that has affected his heart lining. He's expected to be on the sideline Sunday, but said he doesn't expect wide receiver Isaac Bruce to play as he recovers from a toe injury, though several Seahawks said Wednesday they won't be surprise if Bruce plays.

The status of Seattle's receivers is a little more certain. Engram and Jackson are listed as doubtful on the team's injury report, though Holmgren clearly indicated Wednesday that neither will play this week.

Engram was injured on the first play of Sunday's game in Washington, yet went on to finish with nine receptions for 106 yards. It's unclear when Jackson was hurt, though Holmgren said it most likely happened when Jackson was trying to stop suddenly and make a cut and was tackled from behind. Jackson missed practice last Friday to have his knee examined and then played on Sunday in Washington.

There is no ligament or cartilage damage for Jackson, which is good news, but the joint is swollen and sore and got worse as Sunday's game progressed. More X-rays were taken this week.

"To get this thing to quiet down, we all decided that he's just got to not practice, not do anything," Holmgren said. "Otherwise it could be one of those nagging things that could get worse if we don't do it now."

There is no target date for Jackson's return because it's a matter of when he feels better.

link

So, Hackett is the sleeper of the week?! Or sleeper of the weak?
That's a good question - everyone is thinking Joe J or Warrick, but what's to say Hackett isn't the one who has the best game.

As Holmgren likely won't tell us anything factual until Sunday morning, I'll make my decision to start/sit DJax then.I do like the Stevens bump and I'm not sure that Hasselbutt isn't a good play anyway.

Great - in my big money league, I own DJax and Engram in a start-3. This week, I play against Hass and SA - and against an owner who, regardless of our records or teams, beats me every year for the past 11 years. It's a guarantee one or both of those players will have good numbers, and I can guess which one.My train is pulling out of the station - Brandon Jones, welcome to my lineup in the WR3 spot - 10 points is all I ask.

Great - in my big money league, I own DJax and Engram in a start-3. This week, I play against Hass and SA - and against an owner who, regardless of our records or teams, beats me every year for the past 11 years.

It's a guarantee one or both of those players will have good numbers, and I can guess which one.

My train is pulling out of the station - Brandon Jones, welcome to my lineup in the WR3 spot - 10 points is all I ask.
To stop the attempted hijack...If Joe J and Hackett are getting reps with the first team and Warrick with the second team, I wouldn't think that Warrick will be much of a factor. I could be wrong but it's just odd that he's practicing with the second team.

Despite the Rotowire opinion, I think Jackson might still play if his knee is feeling better. Game time Decision of course.

I guess Ferguson against NO is a decent back up option....Of course I have Hasselbeck as well...
Looks like either Ferguson or Brandon Jones for me. :(

Anyone know which guys will be lining up at which positions?What position will Peter Warrick be playing? Jurevicius?

Great - in my big money league, I own DJax and Engram in a start-3.  This week, I play against Hass and SA - and against an owner who, regardless of our records or teams, beats me every year for the past 11 years. 

It's a guarantee one or both of those players will have good numbers, and I can guess which one.

My train is pulling out of the station - Brandon Jones, welcome to my lineup in the WR3 spot - 10 points is all I ask.
To stop the attempted hijack...If Joe J and Hackett are getting reps with the first team and Warrick with the second team, I wouldn't think that Warrick will be much of a factor. I could be wrong but it's just odd that he's practicing with the second team.
True - I had not read that. The guys running with the first team should see the most targets during the game.I still like Warrick to have more of an impact - even if he is not starting - b/c he is so dangerous from the slot. Joe J I have never been very high on, and I honestly don't know much about Hackett except maybe that he has good speed.

My thought for Warrick now is that opposing CBs will not be covering DJax and Engram - they will be covering two lesser receivers. Thus, more easy to cover. Warrick in the slot will be the guy open more often in three-wide sets. It's the same concept for Warrick that I have for why Stevens is a great play this week.

True - I had not read that. The guys running with the first team should see the most targets during the game.

I still like Warrick to have more of an impact - even if he is not starting - b/c he is so dangerous from the slot. Joe J I have never been very high on, and I honestly don't know much about Hackett except maybe that he has good speed.

My thought for Warrick now is that opposing CBs will not be covering DJax and Engram - they will be covering two lesser receivers. Thus, more easy to cover. Warrick in the slot will be the guy open more often in three-wide sets. It's the same concept for Warrick that I have for why Stevens is a great play this week.
I do like Warrick more than Joe, but he hasn't seen much action this year, and he also has groin injury. And with him not getting reps with the first team, it just makes me wonder how ready he is.

Users who are viewing this thread