What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sunday Night Football Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

not watching - what is wrong with mendenhall? are they putting 8 in the box?
He is a ##### with no heart.I wish the Steelers would bench him.
Bettis in his prime could not run behind these misfits.
Thats why you need someone who is willing to put their shoulder down and power out the tough yards.You need an anti-Mendenhall out there.
Ike would at least break a few tackles every once in a while.
Redman 1 carry for no yds. I like Redman as a change of pace back to Mendenhall, but tonight's lack of run game starts and ends with the poor effort up front and from Johnson.

Redman 1 carry for no yds. I like Redman as a change of pace back to Mendenhall, but tonight's lack of run game starts and ends with the poor effort up front and from Johnson.
Well sure, the OL and lack of a true FB certainly doesn't help.Would have loved to see the Steelers bring in a guy like Hynoski.

Major disappointment tonight for Pittsburgh. Not manhandling a manning less Colts, blown out in week 1, despite shutting the Seadogs down last week they were pretty meh on offense. They just have not been the same.

Major disappointment tonight for Pittsburgh. Not manhandling a manning less Colts, blown out in week 1, despite shutting the Seadogs down last week they were pretty meh on offense. They just have not been the same.
O and D looks fine. Its the 2 sack-fumbles that have killed them. Roeth has 322 yards and 11.5 YPA early in the 4th Q

O and D looks fine. Its the 2 sack-fumbles that have killed them. Roeth has 322 yards and 11.5 YPA early in the 4th Q
Mendy is 47/147 on the season, don't say the offense is fine because it's not. They can't sustain drives and run the ball with consistency. They did this a couple years ago and Big Ben had a lot of stats but IIRC they didn't make the playoffs. I think it was the year after they won the SB against AZ.

Mendy is 47/147 on the season, don't say the offense is fine because it's not. They can't sustain drives and run the ball with consistency. They did this a couple years ago and Big Ben had a lot of stats but IIRC they didn't make the playoffs. I think it was the year after they won the SB against AZ.
As for Mendy - might as well throw out the first game. He started out 6/48 and shortly after it was a blowout and he only got a few more carries. Granted, he hasnt looked good tonight, but clearly and wisely the Colts gameplan was to stop the run so PIT leans on the pass and their best weapons Mathis and Freeney get as many opportunities for big plays as possible.Cant sustain drives? They might only have 13 points right now, but theyve only punted 1 time tonight. Once.Its also only the 3rd game of the season.

This could be a backdoor way to avoid concussion diagnosis. "He's being evaluated for a possible concussion"...that's speak for "Go sit on the bench and we'll come see you in 15-20 minutes to see if you still feel like you have a concussion"

In other news...Curtis Painter should be selling sexwax in Hermosa Beach.

As for Mendy - might as well throw out the first game. He started out 6/48 and shortly after it was a blowout and he only got a few more carries. Granted, he hasnt looked good tonight, but clearly and wisely the Colts gameplan was to stop the run so PIT leans on the pass and their best weapons Mathis and Freeney get as many opportunities for big plays as possible.Cant sustain drives? They might only have 13 points right now, but theyve only punted 1 time tonight. Once.Its also only the 3rd game of the season.
Some good points. I think they should have run the ball tonight though, Indy is not a strong run defense usually. The Steelers are having OL problems but they have had those problems for a couple years.

Odd seeing Peyton up in the booth with the OC's etc. I mean I guess it's almost as good as having him in there, but I don't think I've ever seen that before with an injured player. Always on the sidelines.

Is there any doubt when he retires he becomes the Colts OC?

Odd seeing Peyton up in the booth with the OC's etc. I mean I guess it's almost as good as having him in there, but I don't think I've ever seen that before with an injured player. Always on the sidelines.Is there any doubt when he retires he becomes the Colts OC?
The Lions put Stafford up there for a game or two last year.

Users who are viewing this thread