What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

## OFFICIAL ## Taylor Swift thread (1 Viewer)

I don't know about hate but I don't have much respect for her as an artist. Her whole shtick is date guy, lose guy, write song about how it was all guys fault because Taylor is a flawless human being. Rinse and repeat. It's kind of been done to death.
Gimmie a break. She is an excellent writer. That is why she is a better artist compared to most in any genere. Maybe you don't get her lyrics, or like her writing, but you're not a young girl in her early 20's so I wouldn't necessarily expect you to. Her lyrics relate very directly with her target audience. And anyone that actually knows her songs knows that not every song is about losing the guy. Often times they stay together (Love Story, Tim McGraw, Mine, Our Song, Ours, Sparks Fly). Sometimes the song is about her wanting the guy back after they split up (Back To December). Sometimes it's about a new relationship starting (Begin Again). The idea that ALL her songs are about 'The Breakup' is basically what people that know very little about her like to say... which goes back to the OP's point. Why?
If she writes about staying together, then why doesn't she have a relationship that lasts?
Maybe she is looking for a man that makes more money than her.

I don't know about hate but I don't have much respect for her as an artist. Her whole shtick is date guy, lose guy, write song about how it was all guys fault because Taylor is a flawless human being. Rinse and repeat. It's kind of been done to death.
Gimmie a break. She is an excellent writer. That is why she is a better artist compared to most in any genere. Maybe you don't get her lyrics, or like her writing, but you're not a young girl in her early 20's so I wouldn't necessarily expect you to. Her lyrics relate very directly with her target audience. And anyone that actually knows her songs knows that not every song is about losing the guy. Often times they stay together (Love Story, Tim McGraw, Mine, Our Song, Ours, Sparks Fly). Sometimes the song is about her wanting the guy back after they split up (Back To December). Sometimes it's about a new relationship starting (Begin Again). The idea that ALL her songs are about 'The Breakup' is basically what people that know very little about her like to say... which goes back to the OP's point. Why?
If she writes about staying together, then why doesn't she have a relationship that lasts?
son of jor el, KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!!
Please, that wannabe world-ruler couldn't hold my jock. That's why he's still in that Phantom Zone.
snoochie poochies!

Rhianna dating the guy who abused her, that's juicyTaylor playing the role of well adjusted normal citizen pisses people offthank GOD young girls are listening to her
:goodposting: My daughters can listen to Swift's albums all they want.

Okay, so I went to her Wikipedia page, scrolled down to discography, clicked on her 2010 release and then picked a random song - "Innocent". I then ran that into lyrics finder and this is what it spit out. I was expecting something about a breakup, but instead got what you see below. Some pretty silly cliches in there, but it's not horrible. Rhyming 'You' with 'You' is pretty weak in the bolded section. I wouldn't call that excellent writing, but maybe it was the only word she could come up with. Is she really 32 already?
I guess you really did it this time

Left yourself in your warpath

Lost your balance on a tightrope

Lost your mind tryin' to get it back

Wasn't it easier in your lunchbox days?

Always a bigger bed to crawl into

Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything

And everybody believed in you?

It's alright, just wait and see

Your string of lights is still bright to me

Oh, who you are is not where you've been

You're still an innocent, you're still an innocent

Did some things you can't speak of

But at night you live it all again

You wouldn't be shattered on the floor now

If only you had seen what you know now then

Wasn't it easier in your firefly catchin' days?

And everything out of reach, someone bigger brought down to you

Wasn't it beautiful runnin' wild 'til you fell asleep

Before the monsters caught up to you?

You're still an innocent

It's okay, life is a tough crowd

32 and still growin' up now

Who you are is not what you did

You're still an innocent

Time turns flames to embers, you'll have new Septembers

Everyone of us has messed up too

Minds change like the weather, I hope you remember

Today is never too late to be brand new

You're still an innocent

It's never too late to get it back
Kinda reminds me of a Bob Seger song....about growing up, looking back, etc.... :unsure:

Okay, so I went to her Wikipedia page, scrolled down to discography, clicked on her 2010 release and then picked a random song - "Innocent". I then ran that into lyrics finder and this is what it spit out. I was expecting something about a breakup, but instead got what you see below. Some pretty silly cliches in there, but it's not horrible. Rhyming 'You' with 'You' is pretty weak in the bolded section. I wouldn't call that excellent writing, but maybe it was the only word she could come up with. Is she really 32 already?

You're still an innocent

You're still an innocent

You're still an innocent

Stick to eating all the poo. Music snobs in the FFA are funny.

So they are all basically about what I said. Oh and I don't get the Wiggles either but then I am an adult. Of course so is Taylor maybe she could start writing like one. Time to move past my great 18 year old boyfriend, moving to I want my 18 year old boyfriend back, oh my 18 year old boyfriend sucks and we are never, ever, getting back together again. You know unless I need a new lyric of course.
you said all her songs are written following the same formula:
date guy, lose guy, write song about how it was all guys fault because Taylor is a flawless human being.
Since not all her songs follow that formula I don't see how you can conclude that all the songs are basically about what you said? And I honestly don't see why she needs to move past this particular topic. I suppose she will as she gets older, but for now she is 23 and will probably be writing about boys for awhile... regardless of what you would prefer she write about.

You're still an innocent

You're still an innocent

You're still an innocent

Yeah that one is about Kanye and she wrote it after he interrupted her at the VMA's. As expected I might add.

So they are all basically about what I said. Oh and I don't get the Wiggles either but then I am an adult. Of course so is Taylor maybe she could start writing like one. Time to move past my great 18 year old boyfriend, moving to I want my 18 year old boyfriend back, oh my 18 year old boyfriend sucks and we are never, ever, getting back together again. You know unless I need a new lyric of course.
you said all her songs are written following the same formula:
date guy, lose guy, write song about how it was all guys fault because Taylor is a flawless human being.
Since not all her songs follow that formula I don't see how you can conclude that all the songs are basically about what you said? And I honestly don't see why she needs to move past this particular topic. I suppose she will as she gets older, but for now she is 23 and will probably be writing about boys for awhile... regardless of what you would prefer she write about.
It is all the same subject matter. So she's the live action Archie's. I don't consider that musical genius but if you do awesome.

You're still an innocent

You're still an innocent

You're still an innocent

Who's a snob? I said it wasn't horrible. Maybe you should work on your reading, chooch. :thumbup: I like Barry White for hell's sake.

Taylor Swift is not my cup of tea but her songs seem catchy. Friends that are country music fans do not like her because they think she is too pop and not really country. There is a lot of music out there today that is much worse.

My wife and 8 year old daughter love Taylor Swift. I think she is really goofy. I can't tell if its shtick or if she truly is just a major dork.

I don't really think it is fair to pick one random song that no one has ever heard of... but if it supports you're rebuttal, hey go for it. Besides, I really don't think you will find any Taylor Swift lyrics that you would relate to or enjoy much yourself because she is writing about what it's like to be a girl in her late teens early 20's.

You know who I like? I like the Dixie Chicks. Whatever happened to them?
They slammed Bush and were black-listed by Nashville.My favorite country band of all-time.
Yeah, my wife has them on her ipod and a song of theirs came on last night. Very good. The fact that they hate Bush makes me like them even more. :thumbup:
For the record they did several records and won a bunch of Grammys after that happened.

You're still an innocent

You're still an innocent

You're still an innocent

Who's a snob? I said it wasn't horrible. Maybe you should work on your reading, chooch. :thumbup: I like Barry White for hell's sake.
Love Barry White. :thumbup: Everytime we have a party Barry is always the last song of the night when everybody is jacked up and dancing around.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really think it is fair to pick one random song that no one has ever heard of... but if it supports you're rebuttal, hey go for it. Besides, I really don't think you will find any Taylor Swift lyrics that you would relate to or enjoy much yourself because she is writing about what it's like to be a girl in her late teens early 20's.
Well I didn't think it would be fair to pick one out that is obviously about breaking up with a boy, so I was trying to be objective. Again....I said I don't think it's horrible. :shrug: Had no clue it was about Kanye. I like the visual of Kanye catching fire flies. :lmao:

Yeah writes her music, I heard she can play all the instruments at her concerts, her songs may be about stuff NCCommish says but at least there's an element of empowering girls in them. I'd take my daughters listening to her albums over clowns singing over inaudible noise, flashing firework breasts in their videos or "singing" on auto-tune any day.

They slammed Bush and were black-listed by Nashville.My favorite country band of all-time.
Yeah, my wife has them on her ipod and a song of theirs came on last night. Very good. The fact that they hate Bush makes me like them even more. :thumbup:
For the record they did several records and won a bunch of Grammys after that happened.
Maybe I'll download those for my wife. Anybody got these? Send me a PM

Taylor Swift is not my cup of tea but her songs seem catchy. Friends that are country music fans do not like her because they think she is too pop and not really country. There is a lot of music out there today that is much worse.
Such as actual country music. Granted, I like the older songs in country, but the modern stuff is just pop music with a steel guitar and an accent.

Have you any of you guys experienced spotting 3 or 4 days after your periods? Is that just because a guy likes you or because I rode my bike?

True. But many conservatives never forgave them. They still have trouble with radio stations, which is the lifeblood. And they've been on hiatus. Hopefully they come out with more stuff and people get over their petty differences.

Yeah writes her music, I heard she can play all the instruments at her concerts, her songs may be about stuff NCCommish says but at least there's an element of empowering girls in them. I'd take my daughters listening to her albums over clowns singing over inaudible noise, flashing firework breasts in their videos or "singing" on auto-tune any day.
Exactly... and this difference is apparent in the writing. And it's an important difference that separates her from others.

True. But many conservatives never forgave them. They still have trouble with radio stations, which is the lifeblood. And they've been on hiatus. Hopefully they come out with more stuff and people get over their petty differences.
Now that everybody universally agrees that Bush was the worst president of all time, we should be able to move forward as one. TO THE DIXIE CHICKS!

Such as actual country music. Granted, I like the older songs in country, but the modern stuff is just pop music with a steel guitar and an accent.
The "I like old country, but not new country" schtick is getting so played out. I bet you don't have a TV or facebook account either.

The "I like old country, but not new country" schtick is getting so played out. I bet you don't have a TV or facebook account either.
I have both, if you must know, and if other people have played it out before me, then so be it. I simply don't care for modern country music, and will actively avoid it whenever humanly possible in favor of almost anything else.

Yeah new country is pop with a steel guitar. So I like country better than I like pop with a steel guitar.

She's the devil in "Broadcast News" (G.it), the lowest common denominator with the highest possible ambitions. She's a "songwriter" who rehashes the same unicorn anthem ad nauseum/infinitum; she's a virginal sex goddess; she's a tycoon & a Rennaisance woman because she claims every title for work performed by other people in putting her out there; she's a model for young women because she has every ####in' thing she wants; she's a Kennedy. I'd sooner find my daughter in a crack motel than in a Taylor Swift autograph line. nufced -

I keep hearing people that hate Taylor Swift. Given that I don't listen to what passes for country these days, I'm not in tune with the country music scene.

Did she kill a bunch of puppies? Pee in everyone's Wheaties? What makes her such a target of derision?
I've never heard that. :shrug:
Wife of a friend of mine just excoriated her on Facebook after her Grammy performance. I guess she's not loved by the ladies.I find her kind of boring and generally overrated. Not worth a Facebook screed, though.

She's the devil in "Broadcast News" (G.it), the lowest common denominator with the highest possible ambitions. She's a "songwriter" who rehashes the same unicorn anthem ad nauseum/infinitum; she's a virginal sex goddess; she's a tycoon & a Rennaisance woman because she claims every title for work performed by other people in putting her out there; she's a model for young women because she has every ####in' thing she wants; she's a Kennedy. I'd sooner find my daughter in a crack motel than in a Taylor Swift autograph line. nufced -
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Now that's hate.

I love Johnny Cash. :shrug:

I knew you were trouble when you walked in.

Yeah new country is pop with a steel guitar. So I like country better than I like pop with a steel guitar.
There is very little steel guitar played in new country music. A lot of slide, but sparring on the steel. If you would like to make a determination about a subject you know next to nothing about... by all means...

ool, this is wonderful stuff.

There is very little steel guitar played in new country music. A lot of slide, but sparring on the steel. If you would like to make a determination about a subject you know next to nothing about... by all means...
I was just using a general term. You do realize that all you need to do to be playing steel guitar is to use a steel on a slide guitar right? I mean you must because I am apparently an idiot and you are a musical genius and I knew that. Want to get your panties in a wad over some other trivial non issue Christo? Rock on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread