What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official Thread** Gears of War: Ultimate Edition :CHAINSAW: (1 Viewer)

People still play this ####?

3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ultimate

not close

I am getting pretty into Gears Ultimate now with a side of Gears 3 when Dainty or Pete wants to join in. Here's some clips I slapped together toying with the Upload DVR feature. Dainty, Uni, Pete make cameos in the clips. Tell me if using OneDrive doesn't work because I had to upload them there because the normal way was failing.

Classic UniAlias
That Uni kill steal :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

not close
Disagree. After playing Ultimate, gears 3 everything is OP imo. Maps are better though. Ultimate is smoother.

Last edited by a moderator:

not close
Disagree. After playing Ultimate, gears 3 everything is OP imo. Maps are better though. Ultimate is smoother.
No offense, but you're insane if you think Ultimate's gameplay is "smoother".
Imo it is smoother but you can't wall cancel which makes it feel different. Also I'm not a fan of the gears 3 roddie sway while running.

Match 1: TDM on Clocktower. Won 2-0 because all of their players quit. Went 1-0 and the second round didn't happen. Madshot 5-0.

Match 2: Blitz on Fuel Depot. Won 180-something. Finished second on the team in points, which isn't bad considering it was my first Blitz match.

Match 3: Blitz on C-Anals. Won again. They have one guy who is really good and gets a lot of kills but doesn't play the objective.

Match 4: 2v2 Gnasher Execution on Boxes (wat?). Madshot and I got separated. Went 10-6 and MVP'd the match in a 7-5 win.

Match 5: TDM on Process. 4-4 which I suppose isn't terrible and we win 2-1 despite spawning down 1-0.

Match 6: TDM on C-Anals again. 4-4 again but we won 2-0. They have one good player and three guys like me who have no idea what they're doing.

Match 7: TDM on Courtyard. Won 2-0. Flawless victory round 2. Their only decent player quit. Their 3 remaining players finished 0-8, 0-7, and 0-6. I went 5-1.

Match 8: TDM on Old Bones. Won 2-0. Went 5-2. Madshot 10-3 MVP. Solid win against good players.

Match 9: TDM on Courtyard (again). Lost 2-1. Went 3-8 but still scored more points than 2 of their players. Madshot 26-5 to carry the team. Our randoms combine for 6-22 in the loss.

Match 10: TDM on Bullet Marsh. Sluttmonkey has joined. We have discovered that Mobbin is gay and that he and Slutt do the "poop shootin boogie". Won 2-0. Went 3-0. Slutt 10-6 with lots of saws. Madshot good score as well. Our random sucks.

Match 11: TDM on Garden. Slutt giving us a lecture on global warming. 70s in Baltimore in December. The cycles of nature are gonna be ####ed up. There are flowers blooming outside his house. Madshot says the winter crops never went into bloom. My mind is blown here. Slutt says our children's children are ####ed and will be in "poverty and despair". Won 2-1. Madshot 14-7, Slutt 10-10, Me 10-6, random 2-6.

Match 12: TDM on Subway. Slutt confused on one player's double-prestige. It's currently 47 in Baltimore. It's usually "freezing round this #####". "Subway eat fresh". Won 1-0 because our opponents quit. I was 0-0. Madshot 2-0, Slutt 5-0.

Match 13: TDM on Raven Down. Quick 2-0 win 9-2. Madshot 6-5, Slutt 6-3. Nice win. Slutt played the entire match while smoking a blunt outside his house and looking through the window. Amazing skil.

Match 14: TDM on Mansion. I go 6-5, Slutt 8-7, Madshot 4-9. Our random 0-7 with 35 (!) points.

Slut doesn't post here but I'll pass that along to him.

Tell Pete to shoot me a text the next time you guys play- he has my cell or at least I have his number.

Match 1: TDM on Courtyard. Me, Madshot, and Dainty. Lost 2-0. 4-6. Madshot 8-7, Dainty 2-8. They had a guy go 13-2 and another 10-0. Yeesh.

Match 2: TDM on Raven Down against good players. 5-7, Madshot 10-7. Sarah desperately tries to save him and fails. Sarah and I both 5-7. Our random is a level 83 and goes 0-5.

Good games tonight, Pete got his drunk groove on in gears 3 near the end with lightning twitch reflexes with the blind fire wall bounce gnashers. Dainty got quad digger kills on three shots while tip toeing the drunk gears line of enhancing skills. Good times.

:Awkward paper Mario:

I joined the game after Pete texted me but I don't think y'all could hear me. I was dead tired and needed the sleep anyway.

I dropped and smashed my phone yesterday and could kinda see texts but couldn't respond.

I joined the game after Pete texted me but I don't think y'all could hear me. I was dead tired and needed the sleep anyway.

I dropped and smashed my phone yesterday and could kinda see texts but couldn't respond.
We could hear you. I texted you to come back and join us but you never responded.

ETA - maybe I'm misreading. You joined the game randomly and we could hear you, then you left. That's when I texted you and you never came back that I could tell.

45 Kills in first match back in king of the hill. Dainty, Uni, and I lose 0-2 in close games as our lvl 100 quits at the end after being idle much of the match. Uni gets a triple saw and dainty gets a triple blind fire gnasher spree.

Second game we lose 0-2 in ten and Uni is messaged that he is a hinderence in Spanish when we all go about the same k/d....

Game three we win on fuel depot. We go about 25-20  and win a close one where the other team was sniping a lot. Uni went 1-7 then 5-1 when slowing down.

Just got my XB1 gears edition. I'm assuming tonight is lost to downloads but this week I'm jumping back in finally 

Mansion Tdm. We control boom nades and I play support with 13 downs as we win 2-1. Dainty grabs nades about 10 times with Uni getting boom the same. Easy win.

Ravendown Tdm. We are tied 1-1 as dainty and Uni get dropped and it shows myself being dropped on their screens but yet I'm still playing. We win 2-1 with heavy lancer use. Uni and I made three guys run away and killed two while wielding lancers va gnashers.

Subway Tdm. We win 2-0 going 29-15 together with a legit lvl 2 on our side dropping a 1-14. I had a few sweet snipe shots flowing 

Clock tower we lose 1-2. Uni goes 13-9 and I go 3-8. It felt like I was shooting marsh mellows. Dainty got a hit me up message from a guy mackig on her.

@madshot31

On the low percentage chance that we could organize a reunion tour - what’s the minimalist way to get the guys back for a few dates this year?

Would we/they need a last gen xbox, (XboxOne) ?

Is it still possible to play canals?

I hope you and Sarah are well. Been a long time.

Howdy howdy my friend! We are doing great. Not sure if you know, a few FBGs do, but we have a two-year-old little girl now and have been living that crazy life. Life as a whole is pretty solid. Professionally I just passed some federal licenses and got hired for a huge step up in my career (literally on Monday) so that's awesome and Sarah is looking around for a state/county gig using her experience and degrees. We now mostly play late nights for west coasters but we could probably pull something together. I still talk with Chase and Pete but our schedules have migrated apart a bit as they go to bed as we are logging on if I do see them. I could guilt Chase into it I know.

For Gears, we would likely play Gears 5 as that is the one that still has life in it IMO. All the gears games are part of the Game Pass subscription or can be purchased, but we just used game pass for years now. Both the Xbox One's or Xbox Series S/X will work. Gears 5 has Canals, Gridlock, and Clocktower from GoW1; Blood Drive and River from GoW2; Mercy and Checkout from GoW3, and a solid greatest hits from GoW4.

Actually, we just upgraded to two series S's and haven't tried Gears on the newer consoles. We have actually tried to play a few times and succeeded twice. Once with the crew and once with my wife's best friend's husband and her brother, who are both die-hard Gears fans, and Mexican, which is quite hilarious for me after all these years. Between both groups I'm sure we could organize something.
@STEADYMOBBIN 22

They just turned the Gears 1 servers back on like a month ago. There was actually a lot of people playing for a few weeks.

I believe you can play it on any Xbox console from 360 through the series x. It's backwards compatible on all of them.

Those were fun times. It feels like a distant dream; it was a totally different life. I'm now nearing 50, with a dad bod, 3 kids none of whom have worn a diaper in a long time, married close to 15 years now, being a serious career guy. Where did the years go?

Users who are viewing this thread