What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official Thread** Gears of War: Ultimate Edition :CHAINSAW: (1 Viewer)

Hd a good time playing with Worm, Dude, and Dainty. It was hit and miss quite a bit with us getting rocked at the beginning but coming back and winning a bunch near the end vs many f the same teams we lost big to. I had one nice sniper streak on fuel depot that included 6 kills to start the first 2 minutes including this clip. Dainty rocked the shotgun quite well, worm had an epic shotgun fail duel with a guy lasting literally forever but did well most of the other times. The blindfire is still very rough for myself as I always aim to the right a bit and whiff. Dude was himself and dominated the shotgun battles really well. But the story of the night was ####### the map rotation. Bullet Marsh, Tyro Station, Gardens, Rooftops, and a few other bad old maps came up 3-4 times each. Subway, Gridlock, Canals, Mansion, War Machine, Clocktower showed up 0-1 times each. :thumbdown: Overall a good night with lots of gears. Also, I never noticed how much I walk slowly when using the snipe compared tot he shotty. I definitely stroll around looking for heads.

Yep. I'm love/hate about this game. Gears is the best but the GoW1 mechanics are just bad compared the other games. Its fun to be back in the game but the map selection is brutal. The past 6 hours I have played I have been on Canals once, Gridlock once, Mansion once, and then Rooftops, escalation, garden, and tyro a ####### billion times. Just plain brutal. I miss the five person teams also, the team dynamic is worse with four imo.

Yep. I'm love/hate about this game. Gears is the best but the GoW1 mechanics are just bad compared the other games. Its fun to be back in the game but the map selection is brutal. The past 6 hours I have played I have been on Canals once, Gridlock once, Mansion once, and then Rooftops, escalation, garden, and tyro a ####### billion times. Just plain brutal. I miss the five person teams also, the team dynamic is worse with four imo.
i heard they put in ESL execution rules....so the maps selection should be better

i would recommend playing Blitz too imo....randoms in that game mode arent as bad...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went 15-7 in a 1-2 defeat in 2v2 gnasters only against two lvl 60+ guys. I was solo and almost pulled the superbowl win after starting 2-6(rounds, best of 13) against them. At the start they were messing around a bit but when I tied it 2-2 to start they went into game mode. So wish I won.

Wingman Gnashers Only - Map: Boxes

Friendly fire is on as my dumb ### teammate pops me three times in the first four rounds as he wall bounce fails. Then he leaves the game. Lagy lag lag terrible connection also. 42 MS ping is definitely BS, maybe 200 ping more like it. They one shot me as I pop them 4-5 times each. I lose 1-7.

Second game I go 1v2 as my teammate is idle. Joy. I start 2-3 to drop the first three rounds and then leave after he doesn't move the whole time.

Game three. I go 5-6 with 1200 points as my teammate goes 11-5 with 1000 points. We win 7-5 in a close battle where my teammate was only idle for two rounds!

Game four. I go 4-10 as we win 7-6. My partner team kills me four times to steal kills and injuries me every round. Why don't they have the friendly fire ricochet??

What ever happened to the friendly banter in gears, why is it filled with so many dbags no? I know jerks have always been around the Internets and xbox live but I meet more of them now compared to pickup GoW2/3.

Game five. We win 7-0 as I go 6-2. The other team just turns around and bends over on a knee high sandbag for the final kills.

Game six - Had a miss shotty battles with someone for five shots straight. Hard fought battle trading back and forth. The match is 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 5-6, 7-6. Both myself and my partner go around 11-8 as he gets the double as I bait the enemy and damage assist on them. JamesDaulton(fbg?ithink) logs on about 7 times during match.

Game seven - Start off with a bs gnasher one shot nothing. Make that two easy instakills netting 0 points. Connection is iffy. One guy on their team is almost invincilble, Sponging everything. He takeas two point blanks to down. By the forth round he is humping and knows he has God powers. He abandons all strategy and just charges with no fear. We lose 3-7 as I go 6-7 as we just can't out duel his invincibility with both gnashers peppering him as he runs at us.

Game eight - Facing off against WuTanng and Yeezzzy. Game is going back and forth again. Have a huge inconsistent point blank where I have both enemies in line of sight in front of me and get nothing. Definately have lag going on but its alright. We can't go one on one as it takes two point blanks to kills. Weird double clutching is happening as I fire the gnasher and it doesn't work. We lose 6-7 as the fail to fire happens when I pull game ending flank and manage to have no bullets shoot out of the gnasher. Should have just double meleed and been a #####.

Game nine - Finally facing a person that is idle for a round. I get double meleed twice in the first four rounds while pulling a few double kills in between. They hump me in round two and proceed to die five straight rounds for us to go 6-1. ####### two piece or double melee for one go as he goes 7-7. We win 7-3 as I go 9-3, all deaths by melee/2piece.

Game ten - Vs same team as last time and they are in full passive mode. My teammate one shots me one accident as he wall bounce fails. He then proceeds to double hump down both enemies. We amke the mistake of getting too close and melees be flying again. The damn melee animation twists your head back straight which ####s me up when a guy is at a 90 degrees. They go up 1-3. We tie it 4-4 in quick double kill gibs. They ##### out and go passive again. We win 7-4 as I go 11-4 while taking advantage of them curb stomping my teammate twice in the last two rounds leaving them open to a quick death. JamesDalton signs back online.

So far not a single person with a mic. :sigh:

Game eleven - JD back online lol. Playing the same team again and in full passive mode to start. Point blanks failed to take down a guy so a melee was in order. I feel dirty. JD online again! My partner is rolling starting 6-1. We just outmatch the team we are facing in straight skill. I double shot a guy and then pop him as he rolls into me. He is bad. They are worse when playing passive as they held their own when in shotty battles but feel the need to hide at the start. We dominate 7-1 after losing the first round then getting the next 14 kills.

Still Wingman Gnashers only on Boxes

Game 12 - Facing off against a split screen team. icon 420 baby! FBG JTG online :hola:! A guy tries wall bouncing and I just strafe backwards and shoot him. Shotty feels on point this match. We are dominating but the match is close in the battles. I pull the double 1v2 to end the game 7-0 going 10-1. Connection means so much in this. My shots actually killed where they hit.

Game 13 - Against the split screen team again. I really need to spot more. i wish it was clicking the left stick. I get one shot to start as they team up on me as my teammate is idle. I got a triple kill in round 6 as I kill everything for my first team kill. We win 7-1 in a quick match.

Game 14 - Against a new team of lvl 70+s, A close match throughout. We go down 0-2, then up 5-2. My teammate loves wall bouncing. I start rubberbanding the next rounds and we drop three straight. We win the last few rounds as I go 7-6 in a 7-5 win as the connection gets very rough near the end. Not sure how it changed mid match but it felt GoW2 like trying to jump over barriers and reappearing behind them.

Game 15 - Same teams rematch. We take the first two rounds in short succession. I am probably the third best player in the game and its intense. Every round is a giant crash in the middle. We drop a few and its at 3-2. I am 1-3 with 600 points. I am once again having some lag but my teammate is definitely not. I end up 3-3 in a 7-2 win as my teammate was in god gnasher mode.

Game 16 - Facing TcU clan for a new team, I team kill for the 0-1 loss in the first round, -163 points. My guy rolls straight into my gnasher blind fire as I flanked perfectly. We rattle off seven straight wins dieing five times but always controlling the match.

Game 17 - Same TcU team. Its much closer then it seems. I flank and both guys also flank. I roll up behind them as if they didnt expect me to do that? They are scared now going 1-14 in rounds vs us. One of the TcU's pulls a quick double as he finally charges us.I get a fail gnasher triple blindfire and get downed for our first loss in a while.The gnasher no bullet shooting glitch strikes again on a perfect flank. It even acts like its going to fire and just acts as if stopping power happens which isnt in the game really. We win 7-4 as I go 9-6 after they make a mini comeback late match.

This game, the connection makes or breaks the blindfire it seems, and well everything...well that's gears in a nutshell.

Game 18 - Onto like my 10th teammate vs the same team, this will be tough. We are getting worked hard as my teammate is failing to be aggressive as they push hard. Right when I think that he switches. strategy and goes full tilit and we reel off four straight to tie 5-5. We lose 5-7 he reverts back to his old style and hides.

Ah thats the gear I know and love. getting cussed out by two guys who combine to go 1-14 who hate for hard aiming. But yet all we did was blindfire...

Worm and I go about 7-2/7-1 two straight games in 2v2 Gnashers as the other team is really bad. They camped the third game and we went 7-3/7-4 vs them.

Worm and I have been facing Steven Kirin and he is a trooper, probably a combined 60-100 with winning about 3 matches in 12+. Worm and I trading off who goes 10-5 about every game.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

:hey:

Worm and I just started 2-5 and sweeped to win 7-5 as we adjusted to a mid range game and didn't fall into the cqb shotty battles as much.

Did you seriously play like 9 straight hours of Gears, Madshot?
I jumped on and off, watched some football, made dinner, did #### around the house, went to the post office, but played solid in between everything. The wingman execution gnashers only is really fun and takes away my biggest problem with the game, the terrible map selections. But as Worm mentioned, they should have a few more maps beyond the one. They could easily add the topside of clocktower and other small sections with cover from the already built maps.

Hey, I'm playing XCOM right now(trying to work through old games) but would switch if you or anyone wants to play.

madshot,

logged off...getting tired...be on some other night.....really depends on connection how long we last in this game imo.....

love the game when its playable, ggs

GG. It was brutal tonight. Teleporting everywhere and snub/lancer was useless for me. In comparison when playing with Worm last night or mobile int he past on East Coast servers, mind you the stated ping is 70ish compared to 50 for west coast, the gameplay was solid. It definitely was not a ping of 70, maybe 200+ at times.

Edit: Even on west coast server the skipping lag is present. game is currently unplayable.

These changes are dumb. Execution is only available as a "pro" playlist now (Gears IS Execution, I'm not playing that other junk) and it only rotates through the same 5 maps over and over again.

I've always loved Gridlock, but we literally played it 4 times in a row last night. Just dumb.

These changes are dumb. Execution is only available as a "pro" playlist now (Gears IS Execution, I'm not playing that other junk) and it only rotates through the same 5 maps over and over again.

I've always loved Gridlock, but we literally played it 4 times in a row last night. Just dumb.
The changes haven't taken place yet...

Also I like the changes because my rate of getting escalation, garden, rooftops is extremely high compared to the good maps. What is your GT? Mine is We Goin Sizzler.

The changes haven't taken place yet...

Also I like the changes because my rate of getting escalation, garden, rooftops is extremely high compared to the good maps. What is your GT? Mine is We Goin Sizzler.
They made the changes to the execution playlist a few weeks ago.

I'd rather get stuck playing escalation every once in a while and get to play all the maps than play Gridlock so often that I get sick of it and wish I could play escalation instead of it for once.

To be fair I don't know what the changes are to the other playlists, how many maps they're knocking it down to. All I know is that on Execution they bumped it down to only six (Gridlock, Fuel Depot, Clocktower, War Machine, Canals, Mansion). All classics but I'm getting kind of sick of them already without any variety.

dainty and I will be whenever it gets the backwards compatibility. They say that's in November with the yearly update.

I am getting pretty into Gears Ultimate now with a side of Gears 3 when Dainty or Pete wants to join in. Here's some clips I slapped together toying with the Upload DVR feature. Dainty, Uni, Pete make cameos in the clips. Tell me if using OneDrive doesn't work because I had to upload them there because the normal way was failing.

Classic UniAlias

Users who are viewing this thread