What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Thread: Things you thought weren't racist, but are (2 Viewers)

I thought the Flores firing was a bad move.  I don't think it was racially motivated though, and I agree with you that I think he will get another chance pretty quickly at a head coaching position. 

Culley was dealt a bad hand.  Sometimes that happens.  That franchise is a mess.  He probably shouldn't have taken the job and waited for a better opportunity, but I realize there are only 32 jobs so you take what you can get sometimes.

None of the above changes the fact that if you win games you tend to retain your head coaching job regardless of race.
Firing Flores was dumb.  If the Bills lose their DC, I would be very happy to replace him with Flores but that won't happen because he'll be a HC next season most likely.  Regardless, this isn't a racial thing.  Flores had a serious conflict with his GM over their QB.  That is the type of thing that leads to one or both men being shown the door.  If I were the Dolphins owner, I would have kept Flores and fired their GM, but as a Bills fan I'm happy they saw it different.

The Culley firing was asinine but Houston regularly wins the "most dysfunctional franchise" poll so I wouldn't read anything into that.  This franchise is a dumpster fire.

Crying racism every time a black HC gets fired is a good way of making sure that guys like Bienemy never get a chance.

Crying racism every time a black HC gets fired is a good way of making sure that guys like Bienemy never get a chance.
Its asinine.  They hired a black coach, which in some corners of the planet would be meaningful evidence of lack of racism or if you want to be argumentative at least insufficient racism to change a hiring decision. 

Is the expectation that black coaches unlike every other coach to have ever lived actually only get fired upon death?

What a lovely setup for hiring managers / owners.

And of course the author uses the term "bromance." How else was this article going to go? But, she realizes that she's stepping in it when she does, even though she knows NPR readership won't pillory her for her gross reductiveness of emotion and male friendship. 

"...Pure bromance.

It may seem reductive to use that slang term to refer to a collaboration that wielded classic songs from "Let It Be" to "Something" to "Get Back" itself. Bromance, though, is the band guy's succor and strength. Get Back reaffirms rock's mythologies, in part, by offering a portrait of men who can't really bear to speak candidly about their own hurts and hopes, and instead channel those vulnerabilities into killer music."

Gag. Tucker Carlson, according to my Twitter feed, did a curb stomp on NPR and their report on fitness last night. I watched it, though I really have come to loathe Tucker. Nothing about his takedown is wrong. NPR is a joke for a specific reader with an already inculcated set of values. 

OMG somebody actually did the "parenting is racist" thing but unironically this time.

THE ABC has questioned whether parents should read to their children before bedtime, claiming it could give your kids an “unfair advantage” over less fortunate children.

“Is having a loving family an unfair advantage?” asks a story on the ABC’s website.

“Should parents snuggling up for one last story before lights out be even a little concerned about the advantage they might be conferring?”
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/reading-to-children-at-bedtime-abc-questions-value-of-timehonoured-practice/news-story/e4560b5f36eed53efe9f894c5fa44289

This is from the UK so they didn't actually make this a racial thing -- wokeism hasn't taken control over there, but I trust that American editors would have remembered to inject that angle into the story.  

OMG somebody actually did the "parenting is racist" thing but unironically this time.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/reading-to-children-at-bedtime-abc-questions-value-of-timehonoured-practice/news-story/e4560b5f36eed53efe9f894c5fa44289

This is from the UK so they didn't actually make this a racial thing -- wokeism hasn't taken control over there, but I trust that American editors would have remembered to inject that angle into the story.  
I just caught my daughter reading, slapped the book out of her hand.

It’s actually from Australia.  They have really lost their way as a country.  

I've pointed out that correlation is not equal to causation in the covid vax discussions. So I feel it would be inconsistent if I didn't point it out here as well. Blacks being charged higher rates for mortgages is not proof that they are being discriminated against. There are many variables that go into mortgage rates such as credit score, mortgage type/term, when they received the mortgage and how much they negotiated. I'd need to see much more evidence to think that it is due to systemic racism.
Wells Fargo Rejected Half Its Black Applicants in Mortgage Refinancing Boom

Wells said in that article "It says it treats all potential borrowers the same, is more selective than other lenders, and an internal review of the bank’s 2020 refinancing decisions confirmed that “additional, legitimate, credit-related factors” were responsible for the differences."

Whether that's true or not I have no idea, but I'd suspect there are banking regulators looking into those numbers to see if they did act according to numbers and not other factors.

I've pointed out that correlation is not equal to causation in the covid vax discussions. So I feel it would be inconsistent if I didn't point it out here as well. Blacks being charged higher rates for mortgages is not proof that they are being discriminated against. There are many variables that go into mortgage rates such as credit score, mortgage type/term, when they received the mortgage and how much they negotiated. I'd need to see much more evidence to think that it is due to systemic racism.
Wells Fargo Rejected Half Its Black Applicants in Mortgage Refinancing Boom
A majority of those "variables" are slanted in one direction too.....that shows up consistently in study after study.

The best part of Deadspin back in the day were the comments.  If I turn on the Celtics-Heat game, tonight, I don’t know anyone who thinks about white privilege, I just want to see a competitive game.

The word "obesity".

Snippit:

But according to the brief the focus on body size is rooted in racism, claiming that previously a majority of societies actually favored larger bodies but that all changed due to racism and eugenics.

also:

In addition, the brief says that although nutrition and exercise are important, racism within the food environment is also a cause of obesity among minorities.  

'As presented by Soul Fire Farm, the U.S. food system is built on stolen land using stolen labor from Black and Latinx indigenous people,' the brief says. 'Not only has this created a large scale food apartheid and trauma for people indigenous to this land, it has caused a disconnection of indigenous people from their cultural practices and identities.' 

Max Power said:
By Brian Broome

Contributing columnist

Never heard of him. Apparently, some black writer who has a new book out and is making controversial statements like this to generate interest in it. 

George Washington University will drop 'Colonials' nickname

According to an online statement from the university, that committee determined that supporters of 'Colonials' view it as referring to 'those who lived in the American colonies, especially those who fought for independence and democracy,' while opponents see the term as referring to 'colonizers who stole land and resources from indigenous groups, killed or exiled Native peoples and introduced slavery into the colonies.'

Looking at you Patriots...

I see that is an Op-Ed but can't read it as I am not a WaPo subscriber.  Who is the author?
By Brian Broome

Contributing columnist
Don't fall for this. He doesn't ask these questions to be genuine. He asks to make you do work. He then inevitably takes a counter position. Literally no matter what. You can see who wrote the article even if you don't subscribe. It was a bs question. 

Today I learned that Darwin's theory of evolution is racist. :mellow:

Or at least it is according to the guy who started the In Honor Of Pride Month thread, who states there that it is racist (and even has links to prove it too  😲  for those of us who want to "try to read something that isn’t a Wikipedia"). 

Today I learned that Darwin's theory of evolution is racist. :mellow:

Or at least it is according to the guy who started the In Honor Of Pride Month thread, who states there that it is racist (and even has links to prove it too  😲  for those of us who want to "try to read something that isn’t a Wikipedia"). 
Me thinks you found the "missing link".

Users who are viewing this thread