What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*OFFICIAL* Thread: WIS X and the Cluster of Sim (1 Viewer)

PIK95 said:
avoiding injuries said:
I'd be interested in joining. Wouldn't oppose having a partner either.
Yes please. I only joined because I was wicked high and had no idea what I was getting into, lol.
I can see your first 3 picks now:1st round: Rickey Henderson2nd round: Lou Brock3rd round: Michael Bourn
I actually didn't take any big speed guys in the all time draft.
no wai

PIK95 said:
avoiding injuries said:
I'd be interested in joining. Wouldn't oppose having a partner either.
Yes please. I only joined because I was wicked high and had no idea what I was getting into, lol.
I can see your first 3 picks now:1st round: Rickey Henderson2nd round: Lou Brock3rd round: Michael Bourn
I actually didn't take any big speed guys in the all time draft.
Speed can be an effective weapon in WIS, particularly in the right ballpark. For my teams, not so much...

Confirmed in:1. Frosticillis2. Marble Rye3. WidBill834. Doctor Detroit5. Greco6. Spartans7. Eephus8. Koya9. Doug B.10. Tremendous Upside11. Super Nintendo Chalmers12. TRE13. ianfitzy14. LB4415. Mr. Phoenix16. The Gator17. Kraft18. SCBF19. Sammy20. Pik95/Avoiding InjuriesPresumed In:Shake ZulaWockenfussInterested?Save FerrisHorvyOthers welcome: no reasonable offer refused
I could check with Spiceworld and see if he's interested in another one of these...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked my career stats:

SimLeague Baseball

Record: 747-603

Playoffs: 7

Finals: 1

Championships: 0

Owner Rating: 2776

Teams: 8

TOC Championships: 0

Only participated in WIS I in an ancillary role.

Record: 815-689

Playoffs: 4

Finals: 2

Championships: 2

Owner Rating: 2875

Teams: 9

Do we have an expected start date? Time to get this thing officially official... although I know we are a couple weeks off with some guys away in early june.

Do we have an expected start date? Time to get this thing officially official... although I know we are a couple weeks off with some guys away in early june.
Shouldn't we get the league filled first? Aren't we still 4-5 owners short?

I suppose we could start rolling for draft order any time as we fill up and wait for a couple of folks to return from vacation.

Record: 742-614

Playoffs: 5

Finals: 3

Championships: 2

Owner Rating: 2794

Record: 742-614Playoffs: 5Finals: 3Championships: 2Owner Rating: 2794Teams: 8TOC Championships: 0
I hate you for taking my title from me.
Blame Sparty - if I had that one, maybe I would not have taken yours. Did we go 7 games as well? I think I went 7 with Eephus, and lost to Sparty in 6.
Yeah, it was either 6 or 7, but I think it was 7. If I recall I may have been up 2-0....

Starting on the TREsheets. Got the new Lahman DB and the new Salary files from WIS. This is going to be the most challenging edition yet.

Just to clarify what we're doing, you can draft anyone from any era, then you specify the top 6 years for him and then roll to see which year you get...

Is this correct?

Just to clarify what we're doing, you can draft anyone from any era, then you specify the top 6 years for him and then roll to see which year you get...Is this correct?
I believe so, yes. Really looking forward to this one because its probably the best/only way to get rid of most cookies not to mention one year wonders. Going to be interesting to see the different draft strategies this go 'round.

OK, I'm off of jury duty and ready to get this thing started. Have we ever gotten any owners by posting on the :popcorn: board at Whatifsports? We're still so close and yet so far.

SimLeague Baseball

Record: 763-594

Finals: 3

Owner Rating: 3117

IIRC, my three non-playoff years were the capped league, the Disco era and clone wars (although I'm not sure about the latter). Was the clone league separate from the one where we allowed pre-1893 seasons?

Record: 647-523

Owner Rating: 2420

Teams: 7

TOC Championships: 1

Also note that one of the teams that didn't make the playoffs belonged to JWDW.

OK, I'm off of jury duty and ready to get this thing started. Have we ever gotten any owners by posting on the :confused: board at Whatifsports? We're still so close and yet so far.SimLeague BaseballRecord: 763-594Playoffs: 5Finals: 3Championships: 0Owner Rating: 3117Teams: 8TOC Championships: 0IIRC, my three non-playoff years were the capped league, the Disco era and clone wars (although I'm not sure about the latter). Was the clone league separate from the one where we allowed pre-1893 seasons?
That is one hell of a winning percentage, damn. I didnt think we ever had pre 1893 season in a WIS sim?

OK, I'm off of jury duty and ready to get this thing started. Have we ever gotten any owners by posting on the :P board at Whatifsports? We're still so close and yet so far.SimLeague BaseballRecord: 763-594Playoffs: 5Finals: 3Championships: 0Owner Rating: 3117Teams: 8TOC Championships: 0IIRC, my three non-playoff years were the capped league, the Disco era and clone wars (although I'm not sure about the latter). Was the clone league separate from the one where we allowed pre-1893 seasons?
That is one hell of a winning percentage, damn. I didnt think we ever had pre 1893 season in a WIS sim?
WIS I allowed everyone and anyone that ever played baseball. I had Old Hoss Radbourn!

SimLeague Baseball

Record: 3041-2724

Playoffs: 15

Finals: 5

Championships: 4

Owner Rating: 5019

Teams: 36

TOC Championships: 2

I've played a couple times....

So what is the latest update? I havent checked in in a while....

OK, I'm off of jury duty and ready to get this thing started. Have we ever gotten any owners by posting on the :goodposting: board at Whatifsports? We're still so close and yet so far.SimLeague BaseballRecord: 763-594Playoffs: 5Finals: 3Championships: 0Owner Rating: 3117Teams: 8TOC Championships: 0IIRC, my three non-playoff years were the capped league, the Disco era and clone wars (although I'm not sure about the latter). Was the clone league separate from the one where we allowed pre-1893 seasons?
WIS I allowed everyone and anyone that ever played baseball. I had Old Hoss Radbourn!
I wasn't in Sim #1 but we had one more open league.GB Silver King's 700+ IP/162 season with 0.88 WHIP and 186 ERA+. I was sending him out to pitch every other game.

since this thing hasn't gotten off the ground yet, and may not for a couple more days, it looks good for me to participate. After today, I will not be online much until the 11th or 12th. If that works ok, then count me in.

since this thing hasn't gotten off the ground yet, and may not for a couple more days, it looks good for me to participate. After today, I will not be online much until the 11th or 12th. If that works ok, then count me in.
Any issues with us rolling for your draft pick without you or potentially moving you to the end of the round?

Any issues with us rolling for your draft pick without you or potentially moving you to the end of the round?
no... which one of you guys is the most trustworthy? :stirspot:

You could, but I can't access this site at my current job. :goodposting:
Yahoo board down? I can't get here either from work but I'm going through TRE and Kraft to get my picks in.
If you guys are willing to work with me, I'm sure I can find a way to make it happen. Would probably be best if I was on the turn.
I worked fairly well for the Dynasty baseball draft, you got skipped a few times, and you're still in the top three.

Wait - we are doing pre 1894? (That a good idea?) If so, no prob, just curious.

NM, doesnt look like it would make much difference.

Wait - we are doing pre 1894? (That a good idea?) If so, no prob, just curious.NM, doesnt look like it would make much difference.
1893 has been the cutoff date in past sims IIRC. That's when the mound-to-plate distance was standardized at 60' 6". I got my first baseball glove for Xmas that year.

SimLeague Baseball

Record: 347-481

Playoffs: 1

Championships: 1

Owner Rating: 253

Teams: 5

suck it, #####es

explain this 6 best years thing, is that 100%..........any weird rules other than whats posted in post #1, i dont want to read thru all the ####

explain this 6 best years thing, is that 100%..........any weird rules other than whats posted in post #1, i dont want to read thru all the ####
You pick a player from any year, and then pick 6 years for him, ie:Felix Fermin199219961989199319941990Then you roll a dieWhichever # comes up, that's the year you getSo if you rolled a 4, you'd get 1993 in the above Fermin example Capisce?

Tremendous Upside said:
dirtyhalos said:
You pick a player from any year, and then pick 6 years for him, ie:Felix Fermin199219961989199319941990Then you roll a dieWhichever # comes up, that's the year you getSo if you rolled a 4, you'd get 1993 in the above Fermin example Capisce?
It'll be easier to just arrange the seasons chronologically before the dice roll, e.g. 89, 90, 92, 93, 94, 96. A die roll of four still would give you Fermin '93.The OP currently says we'll list them in chronological order. If anyone feels strongly otherwise, please speak up now. The only downside I see is that people may whine less if someone repeatedly rolls ones, although complaining about lucky/unlucky rolls will still be present.

***announcement***

team halos is IN

co-owner - cumfy numb (he is a dice rolling mf'er)

get ready for this thing to be fun again........did you miss me? you know you did

Tremendous Upside said:
dirtyhalos said:
It'll be easier to just arrange the seasons chronologically before the dice roll, e.g. 89, 90, 92, 93, 94, 96. A die roll of four still would give you Fermin '93.The OP currently says we'll list them in chronological order. If anyone feels strongly otherwise, please speak up now. The only downside I see is that people may whine less if someone repeatedly rolls ones, although complaining about lucky/unlucky rolls will still be present.
Cool, that's fine

Only one team needed to fill this thing. Let start rolling for draft order now in order to confirm participants. We'll be pickin' and grinnin' next week.

Roll one 1000 sided die at Irony.com with no adjustments. Email your roll to rip.sewell@gmail.com with a cc to yourself. Please include your FBG screen name in the email subject line.

Lowest roll will draft first in the player draft.
Irony is :deadbanana: See below for updated instructions

The dice site doesn't seem to be working. I have tried a few times on two different computers and after I press roll them bones, it just takes me to an server not responding or something. No emails have been sent to me either so it isn't going through.

Users who are viewing this thread