What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*OFFICIAL* Thread: WIS X and the Cluster of Sim (3 Viewers)

The dice site doesn't seem to be working. I have tried a few times on two different computers and after I press roll them bones, it just takes me to an server not responding or something. No emails have been sent to me either so it isn't going through.
:shock: I am having the same issue. This could really #### things up with this type of draft. Anyone know of anther site that might work?

Do I need to roll? I assume everyone is cool with me going 24th for the sake of saving time...

The dice site doesn't seem to be working. I have tried a few times on two different computers and after I press roll them bones, it just takes me to an server not responding or something. No emails have been sent to me either so it isn't going through.
:shock: I am having the same issue. This could really #### things up with this type of draft. Anyone know of anther site that might work?
Same problem here.

Only one team needed to fill this thing. Let start rolling for draft order now in order to confirm participants. We'll be pickin' and grinnin' next week.

Roll ten 100 sided dice at RPG :bow: Library with no adjustments or multiple rolls. Be sure to change the default drop-downs as follows:

Roll 10 d 100 +0 and sum them all.

Roll this set of dice 1 times.
Email your roll to rip.sewell@gmail.com with a cc to yourself. Please include your FBG screen name in the email subject line.

Lowest roll will draft first in the player draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only one team needed to fill this thing. Let start rolling for draft order now in order to confirm participants. We'll be pickin' and grinnin' next week.

Roll ten 100 sided dice at RPG :boxing: Library with no adjustments or multiple rolls. Be sure to change the default drop-downs as follows:

Email your roll to rip.sewell@gmail.com with a cc to yourself. Please include your FBG screen name in the email subject line.

I'm confused. That setting looks like it will roll one 100-sided die, not 10.

Roll ten 100 sided dice at RPG :thumbup: Library with no adjustments or multiple rolls. Be sure to change the default drop-downs as follows:

Try to follow along

In my rush to find an Irony Dice alternative, I missed the obvious fact that the sum of ten 100-sided dice is likely to produce a more normalized dataset than one 1000-side roll.

It's too late to turn back now but I doubt we'll end up with anyone rolling a 23 or something. Oh well, clustered results for a cluster of a draft.

This raises the likelihood of ties. We can either favor the earlier roll, break the tie by the lowest individual die of the ten, or just do a reroll.

Koya (and everyone else)...

Do exactly what this says.

Roll ten 100 sided dice at RPG :pickle: Library with no adjustments or multiple rolls. Be sure to change the default drop-downs as follows:

6 seasons - i get that, we have to list years when we make selection, no? when do we roll?

what if a player doesnt have 6 "eligible seasons"?

salary cap?

Last edited by a moderator:
10d100, rolled once.

Roll set 1

Die rolls: 79, 73, 69, 60, 51, 41, 39, 13, 10, 8

Roll total: 443

:rolleyes:

6 seasons - i get that, we have to list years when we make selection, no? when do we roll?
List six years when you make the pick. We'll start off doing the rolls after each pick but we might switch to a set of rolls at the end of the the round if the rolls turn out to be a momentum killer.
what if a player doesnt have 6 "eligible seasons"?
I think it's fair for an all-time league that every player drafted must have at least six Major League seasons. If anybody feels strongly otherwise, now's the time to debate the point.
salary cap?
Not applicable

wis still has a 250 mill cap, right? is that the limit then?
Yeah, that's always the absolute limit but I doubt anyone will be able to approach it in this formatTM
really? I figured most of us would surpass the cap...
The only time it ever became a major issue was during Clone Wars. I think the lack of clones and the odds against drafting #1 seasons will help us here. The only potential issue is that the random element will take the low AB/IP freaks out of play and their low salaries with them. If people draft a bunch of 650AB bench players and 250IP relievers, they may push the limit. I still think this is unlikely.$255M is an absolute limit at WIS. If someone exceeds it, they'll have to drop their last pick(s) and draft/roll replacements.

first dice roll in my life. hope i did it right...

Die rolls: 96, 89, 77, 53, 44, 36, 20, 10, 8, 5

Roll total: 438

explain this whole WIS setup to me and I may be the last player. Never used the site. Is it free, or cost money. Where do you find out the salaries?

I do however understand about the 7 years and dice roll.

explain this whole WIS setup to me and I may be the last player. Never used the site. Is it free, or cost money. Where do you find out the salaries? I do however understand about the 7 years and dice roll.
www.whatifsports.comYou can check it out and even play a shortened season for free.Basically, it simulates games three times a day with your roster of players. You set the lineup and rotation, subs, etc. You can also play live against opponents and you have even more control over how the sim goes.A season costs $12.95 per team I think.

explain this whole WIS setup to me and I may be the last player. Never used the site. Is it free, or cost money. Where do you find out the salaries? I do however understand about the 7 years and dice roll.
www.whatifsports.comYou can check it out and even play a shortened season for free.Basically, it simulates games three times a day with your roster of players. You set the lineup and rotation, subs, etc. You can also play live against opponents and you have even more control over how the sim goes.A season costs $12.95 per team I think.
Hoos, honestly, it's pretty awesome...For 12 bucks you get like 2.5 months of pretty much constant entertainment (3 games a day)The draft is also pretty sweetyou want in this, you will enjoy this

Good news: league is full and we can start drafting once everyone checks in with their rolls

Bad news: we have one team too many since I missed Shake's earlier IN post. This situation may rectify itself if someone has had second thoughts since committing. If not, a partnership may be needed. There's no reason to stop rolling now. If two owners end up teaming up, they can take their better draft roll.

if someone wants to join with me, thats fine, or if someone needs my spot thats cool also. Im a newb in this anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread