What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL: Vikings-Saints Playoff Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I can't believe that happened. 

Marcus Williams now goes down as the biggest dope in the postseason since Rahim Moore.  I have no idea what he was doing there, but if he feels bad, he should.  He just cost his team a postseason win. 
I know he blew the play, I know it was not a conspiracy, but for God's sake it turned out LOOKING like he intentionally missed him (even though I know he didn't).  That was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

Please stop. He said himself he screwed up.

Williams was apologetic in the locker room after the game, telling reporters, "That's on me. I gotta be that guy and go up and get the ball. As a safety back there, you gotta be the eraser. That was my job. I've played the game, you gotta go do it. And you gotta save the game."
Just watch the replay. He was headed right for him, and then ducked to the side at the last second.

Terrible route by Diggs.

Worse tackling attempt by Williams.

Diggs petulant posturing after put me off, big time.  Turns out in his interview his thug poses right after are belied by him being a pretty humble young man.

Everson Griffin seems like a nice fella.

Did somebody steal Keenam's neck.  The dude has no neck.

That ending is now part of football lore and will be for all time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night I thought the hit on Sendejo was dirty.. but then the replays Fox showed lead me to believe it was just route running.

But..Watching the replay here

If you pause and play up to the hit, it certainly looks like Thomas see's Sendejo and continues to "eye ball" him to the point of contact, and at the point of contact gives him an elbow to the head. So I'm going with Dirty :censored: hit.

Hopefully Sendejo recovers as he will be needed.

Last night I thought the hit on Sendejo was dirty.. but then the replays Fox showed lead me to believe it was just route running.

If you pause and play up to the hit, it certainly looks like Thomas see's Sendejo and continues to "eye ball" him to the point of contact, and at the point of contact gives him an elbow to the head. So I'm going with Dirty :censored: hit.

When they showed the replay a couple of times during the broadcast, from a different angle, it looked very much like just running a route, and neither guy saw each other until the last minute. Hopefully, he clears protocol before the game.

I don't think a crack back block was in the plans for Thomas as that play began.   But make no mistake, there was nothing accidental about that collision. Thomas clearly saw Sendejo approaching and blasted him as they met.  

What was your take on Barr's hit on Rodgers?

What was your take on Barr's hit on Rodgers?
Not sure what one has to do with the other, but I'll play along...

I was in Canada at the time of the game with no access to Radio, TV, internet or phones.. So, by the time I returned to the States all the critics had their say. I can understand the argument from both sides.

Viking Fans - Barr was just playing football. QB's need to stop being treated with Kid gloves.. If you scramble you better be prepared for the hit and not :cry: about it..

Packer fans - Barr had a chance to NOT drive Rodgers to the ground, Dirty :censored: hit.

sorry to disappoint you but..I'm probably right in the middle.

Barr is not dirty and was just playing football... at the same time he probably could have just pushed Rodgers to the ground in place of a slam to the ground. 

Too bad nobody will remember that it was Williams' pick that shifted momentum back to the Saints. 
not really too bad.    the guy made the worst play in the history of the NFL, he deserves the ridicule.  I wouldn't want him on my team, couldn't ever trust him.   wonder how much money he made  on his Vikings bet.

Got nothing.  Head filled with Gary Anderson miss, Rob Moore catch, Favre INT, and Blair Walsh miss. 
That game was not about the Favre interception.  That was on third down, out of FG range and did not affect the outcome (game went into overtime with the Saints doing nothing on the INT).

That was all about having 12 men in the huddle after a timeout that pushed them out of FG range.  Childress is a terrible coach.  Sorry.  Now back to celebrating the incredible win. 

The same JAX defense that allowed 42 points today? 5 TDs from Big Ben? That JAX D? 

I think it’ll be close, but man. JAX d got throttled today.
Yes, they gave up 42 points but much of that was in prevent situations.  Jax had that game well in hand the entire game.  Two of the TD's were on 4th down plays with perfect throws and amazing catches.  I wouldn't say the defense got throttled but they played to the game situation and Pittsburgh made a couple great plays with their backs up against the wall.

Not sure what one has to do with the other, but I'll play along...

I was in Canada at the time of the game with no access to Radio, TV, internet or phones.. So, by the time I returned to the States all the critics had their say. I can understand the argument from both sides.

Viking Fans - Barr was just playing football. QB's need to stop being treated with Kid gloves.. If you scramble you better be prepared for the hit and not :cry: about it..

Packer fans - Barr had a chance to NOT drive Rodgers to the ground, Dirty :censored: hit.

sorry to disappoint you but..I'm probably right in the middle.

Barr is not dirty and was just playing football... at the same time he probably could have just pushed Rodgers to the ground in place of a slam to the ground. 
This is funny.  I've been to 15 away games the Saints have played and the 2 biggest  :cry: fan bases that I've come across is the Vikings and Vikings.  I've been to so-called suspect for away fan games in Philly, Oakland, NY Jets, etc.  It got to the point in Minnesota that I had to tell everyone I wasn't apart of the team, don't ##### at me.  I'm a real laid back person that minds his own business but I guess people up there have nothing else to do but complain, complain, complain.  It sucks as I've worked in Northern Minny and the Dakotas for work and the people are super friendly out there.

Anyway, good luck this weekend and I hope it's a great game.  I would love to see Case do well as I loved watching him at U of Houston.

This is funny.  I've been to 15 away games the Saints have played and the 2 biggest  :cry: fan bases that I've come across is the Vikings and Vikings.  I've been to so-called suspect for away fan games in Philly, Oakland, NY Jets, etc.  It got to the point in Minnesota that I had to tell everyone I wasn't apart of the team, don't ##### at me.  I'm a real laid back person that minds his own business but I guess people up there have nothing else to do but complain, complain, complain.  It sucks as I've worked in Northern Minny and the Dakotas for work and the people are super friendly out there.

Anyway, good luck this weekend and I hope it's a great game.  I would love to see Case do well as I loved watching him at U of Houston.
Your history with any team is going to affect the attitude of people towards you, it's one of the downsides of humanity.  If Minnesota had developed a bounty system that got its head coach suspended for a year and its DC suspended indefinitely in the only real meaningful game between the two teams, you'd probably have an inherent dislike for all things Vikings too.  

Now, I have a feeling that the Diggs play will be the first thing Vikings fans think about when seeing Saints fans, but up until now there hasn't been much outside of bountygate.

Your history with any team is going to affect the attitude of people towards you, it's one of the downsides of humanity.  If Minnesota had developed a bounty system that got its head coach suspended for a year and its DC suspended indefinitely in the only real meaningful game between the two teams, you'd probably have an inherent dislike for all things Vikings too.  

Now, I have a feeling that the Diggs play will be the first thing Vikings fans think about when seeing Saints fans, but up until now there hasn't been much outside of bountygate.
I guess sports is my getaway from everyday life and I don't take it that seriously.  To each their own I guess.

I guess sports is my getaway from everyday life and I don't take it that seriously.  To each their own I guess.
Good.  That's a healthy veiwpoint.  I wish more were like this.  I don't care too much about it either, but whenever my Saints fan friends give me #### about beating the Vikings in the NFC championship you can be sure that the words bounty and gate are likely to come up.    :D   

Although that's the past.  Stefon Diggs is the only thing I'll need to say now. 

Good.  That's a healthy veiwpoint.  I wish more were like this.  I don't care too much about it either, but whenever my Saints fan friends give me #### about beating the Vikings in the NFC championship you can be sure that the words bounty and gate are likely to come up.    :D   

Although that's the past.  Stefon Diggs is the only thing I'll need to say now. 
You'll have the last laugh now for sure.  Yesterday wasn't a total loss as a sports fan, Liverpool beat Man City  :pickle:

You'll have the last laugh now for sure.  Yesterday wasn't a total loss as a sports fan, Liverpool beat Man City  :pickle:
Not yet......the Vikings haven't even made the Super Bowl.  That bounty gate game was more important to win as it got the Saints to the Super Bowl and a win after that.  That is the last laugh......

A little off topic, but for the first time I noticed the vikings had a ready to go pop-up concussion tent. Holy ####, that's not a good sign for a sport if it's that damn common.

A little off topic, but for the first time I noticed the vikings had a ready to go pop-up concussion tent. Holy ####, that's not a good sign for a sport if it's that damn common.
All teams have that this year. Surprised you haven't seen it yet. They use it not just for confusion protocol though. They've checked guys for other injuries on the sidelines and it gives them some privacy. As opposed to walking all the way to the locker room.

Yes, they gave up 42 points but much of that was in prevent situations.  Jax had that game well in hand the entire game.  Two of the TD's were on 4th down plays with perfect throws and amazing catches.  I wouldn't say the defense got throttled but they played to the game situation and Pittsburgh made a couple great plays with their backs up against the wall.
“So other than that, how was the play, Mrs Lincoln?”

:rolleyes:

Roethlisburger had 430 yards of offense. The Jags only had that game “well in hand” when the clock finally clicked 0:00 in the 4th. 

“So other than that, how was the play, Mrs Lincoln?”

:rolleyes:

Roethlisburger had 430 yards of offense. The Jags only had that game “well in hand” when the clock finally clicked 0:00 in the 4th. 
I disagree.  I never had the feeling that Pitt had a chance in that game.  Every time they inched closer Jax would counter and go back up at least two scores.  I don't think Jax was ever in danger of losing that game once they went up 14-0 early.

I disagree.  I never had the feeling that Pitt had a chance in that game.  Every time they inched closer Jax would counter and go back up at least two scores.  I don't think Jax was ever in danger of losing that game once they went up 14-0 early.
Just because YOU didn’t have that feeling, doesn’t mean that it’s true.  For a good chunk of that second half, the Steelers were within one score of tying it up.  I’ll counter by saying every time Jacksonville seemed to pull away, the Steelers scored and brought the game within reach.  Hell if Tomlin made the right decision and kicked it off with 2 minutes left in the game, there is a decent chance the Steelers would have a chance to send it to OT.

Just because YOU didn’t have that feeling, doesn’t mean that it’s true.  For a good chunk of that second half, the Steelers were within one score of tying it up.  I’ll counter by saying every time Jacksonville seemed to pull away, the Steelers scored and brought the game within reach.  Hell if Tomlin made the right decision and kicked it off with 2 minutes left in the game, there is a decent chance the Steelers would have a chance to send it

sports_fan said:
There wasn't even a penalty assessed on the point after. I think the refs either forgot about it or didn't care when they finally got the players lined up for the play.
There was no flag because time had expired.

Gally said:
Your “feeling” and the reality on the field we’re not in agreement.

i like the jags. I’m rooting for them to get to the Super Bowl because that would be interesting.

but there’s no defending that defensive performance against the Steelers. They got shredded. And it wasn’t in the bag until that late FG gave them a 2-score lead. 

fred_1_15301 said:
Just because YOU didn’t have that feeling, doesn’t mean that it’s true.  For a good chunk of that second half, the Steelers were within one score of tying it up.  I’ll counter by saying every time Jacksonville seemed to pull away, the Steelers scored and brought the game within reach.  Hell if Tomlin made the right decision and kicked it off with 2 minutes left in the game, there is a decent chance the Steelers would have a chance to send it to OT.
I am not debating the terrible coaching decisions by Tomlin.  They definitely contributed to the situation.  I didn't care who won this game at all.  Everyone I was watching with had no doubt that Jax was going to win.  They had control and it was something we talked about while watching.  I can understand having a different viewpoint and understand just because we felt one way doesn't make it that just like since you felt it was the other way doesn't make it that way either.  

It was an entertaining game but the outcome never seemed to be in doubt.   Just my opinion.

I am not debating the terrible coaching decisions by Tomlin.  They definitely contributed to the situation.  I didn't care who won this game at all.  Everyone I was watching with had no doubt that Jax was going to win.  They had control and it was something we talked about while watching.  I can understand having a different viewpoint and understand just because we felt one way doesn't make it that just like since you felt it was the other way doesn't make it that way either.  

It was an entertaining game but the outcome never seemed to be in doubt.   Just my opinion.
Fair enough.  I disagree but who am I to argue your opinion.  

Your “feeling” and the reality on the field we’re not in agreement.

i like the jags. I’m rooting for them to get to the Super Bowl because that would be interesting.

but there’s no defending that defensive performance against the Steelers. They got shredded. And it wasn’t in the bag until that late FG gave them a 2-score lead. 
That onside kick with 2 TOs and the 2 minute warning was questionable then and is still now. 

Can’t stand this guy, he’s a total piece of garbage!!! Needs to be kicked out of the league. One year suspension apparently wasn’t enough for this guy to cool it. I mean come on man!! First the choke gesture earlier this year and then after seeing him on tv yell boom into the camera pushed me over the edge and then to hear this rumor all day and now see it actually took place makes me so much more happy my Vikes won(and trust me I shed tears Sunday night so I didn’t think I could be anymore happier).  Having my fingers crossed he gets canned. 

Edited to add- I’ve always respected Brees and for the most part the Saints, but this guy is garbage and needs to go. Not good for the Saints or the NFL. 

Can’t stand this guy, he’s a total piece of garbage!!! Needs to be kicked out of the league. One year suspension apparently wasn’t enough for this guy to cool it. I mean come on man!! First the choke gesture earlier this year and then after seeing him on tv yell boom into the camera pushed me over the edge and then to hear this rumor all day and now see it actually took place makes me so much more happy my Vikes won(and trust me I shed tears Sunday night so I didn’t think I could be anymore happier).  Having my fingers crossed he gets canned. 

Edited to add- I’ve always respected Brees and for the most part the Saints, but this guy is garbage and needs to go. Not good for the Saints or the NFL. 
Kicked out for nothing ever being proven.  Makes complete sense.  Some of you take sports way too serious.  

Users who are viewing this thread