What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL: Vikings-Saints Playoff Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Good grief.  You Viking fans and your butthurt.   As if I haven't read Katrina references before the game.  I guess being 0-4 in Superbowl appearances will do that to a fanbase.  How petty.
It has nothing to do with butt hurt and everything to do with class.  Comparing stupid fans and the head coach of an NFL team is apples and oranges.  I love Mike Zimmer as the Vikings' coach.  I love the way he's changed the culture.  I love that he's brought a stronger work ethic to the team.  I love that he's got us winning again.  However, if I saw him taunting Saints' fans after Diggs scored that TD I'd be furious and would want him gone.  It's pretty telling that you not only turn a blind eye to your head coach doing this, but defend him when fans of other teams rightfully bash him for it.

I expect a lot more class from the head coach of a team than from its fans.

Good grief.  You Viking fans and your butthurt.   As if I haven't read Katrina references before the game.  I guess being 0-4 in Superbowl appearances will do that to a fanbase.  How petty.
The guy is a classless loser. In their first meeting with the Falcons, Payton made a choking motion to the Falcons’ sideline, allegedly at Devonta Freeman.

The game is over, you won (or so you thought) whats the point in taunting fans? 

Mike Zimmer referenced Katrina? Or what are you talking about?

Your coach is a giant D-bag just accept it and move on. An NFL head coach taunting the fans? seriously who does that?

Sorry you guys lost.
I don't see any Saints fan #####ing and complaining.  I think it's weird and crazy that Viking fans are still rustled about what an NFL head coach does or says.  Spending a good bit of time up there for work has shown me there is not much to do as far as entertainment so maybe all they have is sports  :shrug:

Normally, I'd preach about what a classless piece of #### Payton is. But he had to stand there and watch his poorly coached safety look like he may have special needs and suffer a humiliating ending. That's called karma my friends. Nothing we can post here will hurt more or is more deserving than what he got. 

Sean Payton is the worst. That was even before all this. He's a a step below Mike McCarthy for coaching talent.

I don't see any Saints fan #####ing and complaining.  I think it's weird and crazy that Viking fans are still rustled about what an NFL head coach does or says.  Spending a good bit of time up there for work has shown me there is not much to do as far as entertainment so maybe all they have is sports  :shrug:
I think you are confused with what complaining is exactly.  We are just pointing out the fact that sean payton is a giant tool.  BOOM! hahahaha

Sean Payton is the worst. That was even before all this. He's a a step below Mike McCarthy for coaching talent.
I mean, just look at all the mid to late round picks and undrafted talent that never developed..............Jimmy Graham, Marques Colston, Pierre Thomas, Chris Ivory, Willie Snead.   And he constantly whiffs on 1st round offensive talent.  How about that horrible draft they had this year.  

I mean, just look at all the mid to late round picks and undrafted talent that never developed..............Jimmy Graham, Marques Colston, Pierre Thomas, Chris Ivory, Willie Snead.   And he constantly whiffs on 1st round offensive talent.  How about that horrible draft they had this year.  
The. Worst

It happens.  Today is a beautiful day.  No reason to act like life is over.
Yep.  Saved me from potentially having to throw a Saints Super Bowl party at my place.

Now that football is over for the season I'll be spending my weekends learning Spanish with Rosetta Stone.  Want to be able to watch Narcos without subtitles.  :thumbup:

Insein said:
There may be things I am missing in regards to Paytons coaching abilities.

Personally I have to give him credit and respect him. His offenses have been very good.

Sean Payton was the OC for the Giants when the Vikings lost a terribly lopsided playoff game 41-0

Kerry Collins threw 5 TD on the Vikings in this game and the Giants were somehow able to shut Randy Moss down.

Keryy Collins. So its not all just Drew Brees.

Vikings played them twice this season at home and did pretty well against their offense in the first half of the game. But the second half Payton and Brees were able to make adjustments and get some offense going. In the first game the Vikings defense was able to hold the Saints to field goals. But they executed a lot better last Sunday in the second half.

I think Payton deserves some credit for adjusting to what they saw of the defense in the first half, and find ways to attack it. 

I hope the Eagles are not able to learn very much from that and/or the Vikings defense can fix some of the plays that the Saints were having success with. Especially where there is cross over with what the Eagles like to do on offense.

Users who are viewing this thread