What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (2 Viewers)

I think Guice is going to do better than most realize. I mean there are very productive players in FF who have played on crappy teams. He's about all they have right now. (I do think Quinn will do very well as long as he's healthy, which is the million dollar question I realize) But the fact that they will use him on 3rd down especially helps his value in PPR leagues. 
i agree, but there is too much working against him.  Also it doesn't make sense to me to not take it slow with him. Plus gruden loves Thompson when behind.  I can see Guice getting this 2 down workload towards the end of the season.  But i just dont see it right now.  UNLESS they are thinking they will trade ADP.  Otherwise, wear out ADP and work Guice in slowly.  

Just saw on Rotoworld that Trent Williams (according to DeAngelo Hall) is likely to report after week 1. That would be a VERY big boom for this offense!! 

WTH kind of accrued season does Trent need?  He's a nine-year veteran.
I heard on the radio today that he had to report by Week 10.  I'd expect him to do that if something doesn't happen before then. It gets him 1 season closer to being out of Washington.

Prediction time for everyone.

1. What week will Haskins first start? 2. What will Skins' W/L record be?

Me: Week 6 and 6-10

Any Redskin homers projecting a "decent-ish" role for Paul Richardson? 

I am looking for some depth in one particular league, and here is a rare case of a starting WR1 still available on most waiver wires.

Most everyone says the Skins have almost no defense, so they should be playing catch up a fair amount.  Someone has to catch the ball right?

I'm thinking Paul Richardson might be startable here and there in a WR3 kind of way.  I'm certainly not expecting any massive fantasy season, and the guy seems to be injured constantly.  (Not only that, but its looking like Jordan Reed may miss week one as well)

Any insight anyone?   

TZM
I picked him up for $1 in my auction league last night. He was the only #1 WR left on the board, and I figured it was better to take him than to take a #3 WR on a better team (Tre′Quan Smith and Demaryius Thomas were also available).

Reed has been cleared to play this weekend. wow.  :oldunsure:
Where did you see that?  This was just on Rotoworld....

Jordan Reed remains in the league's concussion protocol Wednesday.

Coach Jay Gruden is "hopeful" Reed will do something at Wednesday's practice, but he's yet to gain clearance for the opener against the Eagles. Reed suffered his seventh known concussion of his college and pro career this preseason. If Reed is unable to go, ageless Vernon Davis would play a full load of snaps.

SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

Sep 4, 2019, 12:22 PM ET

Okay I can't find it anywhere on google but it really did pop up on my FB feed (since I'm part of Redskins fan pages) Sorry for the false alarm, my apologies! 

John Keim‏Verified account @john_keim 21m21 minutes ago

One note on corner Fabian Moreau: did not practice. He’s a longshot to play vs Philadelphia.
If Moreau  is out then Moreland starts.

John Keim‏Verified account @john_keim 1h1 hour ago

Colt McCoy is out for Sunday. No surprise there. He visited Dr. Anderson again to make sure things progressing OK. Still about strengthening his right leg; his plant leg.
John Keim‏Verified account @john_keim 1h1 hour ago

Jay Gruden said Jordan Reed remains in concussion protocol. He took part In meetings and did some work in individual drills.
JP Finlay‏Verified account @JPFinlayNBCS 1h1 hour ago

To be clear, as of Wednesday Sept. 4th, Jordan Reed is not cleared to play Week 1 in Philadelphia. That could change as the week progresses.
And in the "Is There Anything Gruden Can't Ruin" file:

JP Finlay‏Verified account @JPFinlayNBCS 1h1 hour ago

Gruden says Redskins will probably just do captains week by week for a while. “We got so many new guys, we need to make sure they know who to vote for.”

PinkydaPimp said:
jeez this makes me sad.  No wonder people hate the medical staff.  Let that man get another week!  Vernon is fine in his place. 
He still hasn't been cleared as of this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interviewer: What's your prediction for the Redskin's season?

Hulk: My prediction?

Interviewer: Yes, your prediction.

[Hulk looks at camera]

Hulk: Pain!

As crazy as AB might seem to be at this point, to think he might even potentially be interested in the Skins...................... :lol:

TZM

Lets be fair.  Everyone  *thinks* AB is crazy at this point.

There is a slight chance he could get a massive deal here.

But, if he does eventually play for the Skins, then we will all know beyond a shadow of a doubt he's crazy.  Absolutely bat#### crazy.

:football:

TZM

Ugh. At this point, I’m tempted to say just cut Reed. Or put him on IT. Don’t like cutting Davis. 
Honestly Reed needs to retire for his own sake.  What are his cognitive abilities gonna be when he’s 40?  It’s kind of scary.

I do think the skins are gonna try to add Davis back to the PS but we better hope no one scoops him up while we’re getting our crap together...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001051745/article/redskins-rb-adrian-peterson-to-be-inactive-vs-eagles%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Dwas%3Bteam%3Dwas%3Bconf%3Dnfc%3Bdvsn%3Dnce&sr=amp

Pererson INACTIVE today?  I hope this is not true.  Sounds speculative at this point?  Guise looked fine but this would be loading a lot on him his first regular season NFL game, particularly returning from major surgery.

Odd decision by Gruden IMO if it’s true.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001051745/article/redskins-rb-adrian-peterson-to-be-inactive-vs-eagles%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Dwas%3Bteam%3Dwas%3Bconf%3Dnfc%3Bdvsn%3Dnce&sr=amp

Pererson INACTIVE today?  I hope this is not true.  Sounds speculative at this point?  Guise looked fine but this would be loading a lot on him his first regular season NFL game, particularly returning from major surgery.

Odd decision by Gruden IMO if it’s true.
Horrible decision imo. 

Unless Guise is this incredible player, this offense will be lucky to get 9 points today.  And it isn't like the Eagles defense is that great

Damn.  I never got to rfk.  Would have loved to see a game there. 
I used to watch Senators games there in 1969-70. They'd draw 5000 fans a game and always lose. Outfield beer vendors weren't too choosy who they sold beer to. Good times.

Best part was around the 7th inning a few drunk fans would start chanting "Go Nats!" near the radio booth, and over the radio it always sounded like happy drunks yelling about gonads.

Ugh. At this point, I’m tempted to say just cut Reed. Or put him on IT. Don’t like cutting Davis. 
I've been ready to cut Reed for awhile now, to use the roster spot for a player who actually plays. Losing Davis would just be crazy, he's been a better WR than S. Sims in preseason.  I'm assuming you mean Robert Davis.

I'm confused. Reed is out and they cut Davis? As in Vernon? Or some other Davis?
Jordan Reed (starting TE) is out due to a concussion.

To fill the need, they signed TE J.P. Holtz from the Practice Squad, and cut Robert Davis, who was the #5 WR on the depth chart.

Inactive list: QB Colt McCoy, RB Adrian Peterson, TE Jordan Reed, G Wes Martin, C Ross Peirschbacher, DL Treyvon Hester, CB Fabian Moreau

So who backs up Flowers?

We look way better than we're supposed to look so far.

I can't remember us regularly converting 3rd downs like this.

Refusing to accept this as reality, must be a fluke.

Jump out to a 20-7 lead on the road against the division favorite.  Too bad they don't have a powerful veteran running back on the roster who can move the chains, chew clock and keep the ball out of Wentz's hands.🤣

Time start to Haskins. Case blew several easy scores today when McLaurin was in front of the secondary. And I can't wait until we have a new coach. He's the most predictable and least creative play caller I can remember. I knew they were going to lose this game early in the 3rd quarter. McLaurin could have had a MONSTER day too. And too bad they went away from Guice too early...but it was expected. 

Users who are viewing this thread