What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (4 Viewers)

Hi Redskins fans, first of all good luck in the remainder of the season.

- Ok, any thoughts on Simmie Cobbs? Saints just got him. - Many thanks.
UDFA who was on the practice squad for a team with bad WRs. As it is with a lot of guys who never play, many fans assumed he’d be really good some day...for some reason. Really, though, the main reason redskins fans were upset to lose him is because the team kept a 52 man roster for a while and had a spot available but didn’t promote Cobbs, or anyone else. More upset at the roster mismanagement than who it is that we lost.

I’m sure Brees can get production out of him. 

every single year.  Just enough wins to keep Gruden around.  Not enough to be good.  too many for a good draft pick.  #redskins
I mean, y’all were in great shape until you top two QB’s went down.  That’ll hurt anyone.  Although I was shocked there wasn’t some young practice squad QB you had that knew the system, but still the collapse not on Gruden.

This stinks. All these meaningless wins just ensure we won't get a QB in the first worth taking next year. They should tank like all other teams do that realize they suck and have no chance to win. And to make matters worse, if that win means Gruden isn't fired I will REALLY be pissed. 
I don't really buy that there's a big difference between, say, picking 10th vs. 15th. There's value to be had anywhere in the draft if you have good scouting and pick the right guys.

I am not sure if this has been discussed.  The defense started off really well and then became really bad.  It looks a little better now, at least against the Jaguars.

One player (I don't remember who) made some reference to changes that were made and they should fix what isn't broken.  I read somewhere else that many players did not like the Clinton-Dix trade and thought they should stick with Nicholson.  

Anybody have any info on why the defense went south so fast?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/despite-broken-leg-belief-growing-colt-mccoy-will-return-week-17

Evidently Coach implying that if McCoy can play the last game vs. Philly, he'd put him in.

This I don't get.  The Redskins are monster underdogs vs. Tennessee.  But if Josh Johnson can somehow captain the team to a win and we are still in playoff contention -- then how can you possibly sit Johnson after two straight wins?

On the other hand, if the Redskins lose this week and are effectively eliminated, then how do you put Colt into a meaningless game with a risk for re-injuring the leg.

I do think it would be great to have him back at least for emergency duty, so we don't have to play the Sanchize in the event of a Johnson injury...

Ugh, the state of the Redskins QB situation, when I am debating the relative merits of Colt McCoy, Josh Johnson, and Mark Sanchez!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/despite-broken-leg-belief-growing-colt-mccoy-will-return-week-17

Evidently Coach implying that if McCoy can play the last game vs. Philly, he'd put him in.

This I don't get.  The Redskins are monster underdogs vs. Tennessee.  But if Josh Johnson can somehow captain the team to a win and we are still in playoff contention -- then how can you possibly sit Johnson after two straight wins?

On the other hand, if the Redskins lose this week and are effectively eliminated, then how do you put Colt into a meaningless game with a risk for re-injuring the leg.

I do think it would be great to have him back at least for emergency duty, so we don't have to play the Sanchize in the event of a Johnson injury...

Ugh, the state of the Redskins QB situation, when I am debating the relative merits of Colt McCoy, Josh Johnson, and Mark Sanchez!
No true football fan would wish that on anybody!

I'd like to see Colt get a start to see how much value we should keep in him. I'm not sure he's worth a roster spot next year. 

Gutty performance by the Redskins.   They came up short, but they gave a pretty decent team a fight.   

Josh Johnson played fairly well today.    Michael Irvin and Steve Smith said on NFL Network that first interception was Josh Doctson's fault, not giving full effort to make the catch.   

Gutty performance by the Redskins.   They came up short, but they gave a pretty decent team a fight.   

Josh Johnson played fairly well today.    Michael Irvin and Steve Smith said on NFL Network that first interception was Josh Doctson's fault, not giving full effort to make the catch.   
Yeah, looked like Doctson let up. 

amazing effort by the Redskins this entire year.  You guys should be proud.

amazing effort by the Redskins this entire year.  You guys should be proud.
Another .500 or worse non-playoff season. Yea, couldn't be happier.

Edit to add: I really wish they'd get a new conditioning coach. No idea who it is, but given the injuries year after year, he sucks at it.

They desperately need a real #1 WR in today's NFL passing league. Crowder is fine as a possession/slot guy, but Doctson (and everyone else on that roster) is pretty much awful. 

They desperately need a real #1 WR in today's NFL passing league. Crowder is fine as a possession/slot guy, but Doctson (and everyone else on that roster) is pretty much awful. 
I think this is suppose to be a good draft for elite ones. So many needs though... 

true. with Alex Smith's age and injury, we need a QB, WR, and I'd say TE since Reed just can't stay healthy. Then you have line depth issues, secondary issues...and coaching and GM issues.  :bag:

One player (I don't remember who) made some reference to changes that were made and they should fix what isn't broken.  I read somewhere else that many players did not like the Clinton-Dix trade and thought they should stick with Nicholson.
That was Zack Brown, who has all but been benched. The team is unhappy with him and Mason Foster, who also is unhappy with the team.

I hope this is the final nail in the coffin for Jay Gruden. 
It has to be. His clock management on the late 4th quarter drive was so bad I was yelling at the TV. Play ends at 2:20. Lets clock run down to 2:00. Runs play. Doesn't call TO or run another playing until 1:22.

Hell, he was coaching to run time off the clock, at the end of the 4th quarter when the Skins were behind. The Titans should have paid him for that, and he should never be on a Redskin sideline again. #### Jay Gruden.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1077248766527369217

@FieldYates

D.J. Swearinger this season: * Started all 15 games * Played all but 1 defensive snap * Led Redskins in INT (4) * Led Redskins in pass breakups (10) * Pro Bowl alternate Now released, he's subject to waivers. A claiming team would owe him $176, 470 for the rest of this season.
https://twitter.com/shadhoops/status/1077249606776320000

@shadhoops

Replying to @FieldYates

So the Redskins sign a wife beater but cut one of their best players for critiquing their DC. Par for the course for that pathetic franchise.

So stupid. Suspend him for the rest of the season and try to get a late pick and eventually cut him if you have to. Don't cut him now and let him end up on a playoff team. Or the Eagles who we play this week. Hopefully Jon Gruden does his brother and his boy Bruce a solid and claims him for the Raiders. 

Seriously, I didn't know that had happened until I came in to this thread this morning. It honestly makes it very difficult for me to care about this team anymore.

I actually have a t-shirt purchased from Simpsons town at Universal Studios that has that exact slogan next to chef Homer. I don't wear it enough.
I really want to go to Moe's. My girl is a huge Harry Potter fan so I figure she can drop me off at Moe's and pick me up 6hrs later. I'm scared how much my tab of Duffs would be though. And how bad they might taste. 

I really want to go to Moe's. My girl is a huge Harry Potter fan so I figure she can drop me off at Moe's and pick me up 6hrs later. I'm scared how much my tab of Duffs would be though. And how bad they might taste. 
Yeah we were there with my brothers kids at the time, so we didn't get to linger as much as I would've wanted to. I recall Bumblebee man had a taco truck outside of Moe's that was pretty popular. All I got was a flaming moe energy drink, which wasn't as bad as you would think. The Harry Potter stuff was awesome though, and I've never even seen one of the movies. As long as you don't mind being surrounded by adults wearing sorcerer robes.

I’d probably oh have gone with the suspend route but we do need to set precedence from the top down here.  We all know dysfunction spirals out of control quickly.  

I have a feeling danny boy won’t like this though. :unsure:

:shrug:

Seems like a good move to me. Shouldn’t put up with stuff like that. Above all else, this franchise has lacked discipline. 
Right.  The main problem I have with the whole thing is that Gruden didn't establish discipline sooner.  Swearinger has publically trashed his teammates, the fans, and now his coaches to the press, all in the name of "leadership."  Yet other leaders, who work just as hard as him, like Adrian Peterson or Ryan Kerrigan, don't feel the need to air grievances to the press.  Sure, I'd rather have DJ's abilities, but I agree that the BIGGER problem with this team is lack of discipline and that has to be established.  Sadly, if Gruden had done a fine or suspension EARLIER, then maybe this could have been controlled.  Both Gruden and DJ are to blame for the final outcome.

Also, before everyone just assumes this is "more Redskins dysnfunction" and an "innocent player," note that Swearinger has now played for 4 teams in 6 years (soon 5 in 7 years)...he's worn out his welcome everywhere.  So yeah, it's a loss.  A serious loss.  And it was mismanaged by Redskins management.  But a little perspective also helpful...

Happy Holidays everyone...

Seems like a good move to me. Shouldn’t put up with stuff like that. Above all else, this franchise has lacked discipline. 
I don't see it that way. He probably DID watch more tape than our pitiful coach. Fire the GM and coach, then you can let the next guy decide who he wants on his team. This was beyond stupid. But that's par for the course for this franchise now. I'm really really close to moving on. And I've loved them since I was a kid and cheered for them for 40+ years....

Judging from J P Finley's twitter feed, and the pictures of Swearinger other players are putting up, the team is nearing full mutiny now.

The Redskins, who hate anonymous quotes from players, fire arguably their best defensive player for criticizing ####ty defensive playcalls during a loss to a backup QB. Because he didn't say those things anonymously. 

It's time for Allen, Gruden, and Manusky to go.  Now they're not just screwing up personnel moves, time management and playcalling,  they're trashing the roster and morale.

Waiving Swearinger did nothing to institute discipline on this team. It was done in childish anger, with no thought of the impact.

This team has been in the sewer ever since Snyder bought the team. 6 above .500 teams in 20 years. #### flows downhill. While he was able to become a billionaire, all his $ can't fix his stupidity when it comes to running a successful NFL franchise.

Probably the worst aspect of this story is that if Gruden was able to release DJ Swearinger, it probably means Gruden and Allen will be here next year.  😩

Based on the people fired today from the Skins, anybody that thinks Bruce Allen is gone is either delusional, dumb, or both.  
Still holding onto hope he MIGHT go to Oakland as was rumored last month. He sucks in the worst way. Slowly killing this franchise for sure. 

Based on the people fired today from the Skins, anybody that thinks Bruce Allen is gone is either delusional, dumb, or both.  
Agreed.  

Bruce is insecure and wants all the power to himself.   Good luck trying to find another "Director of Business Operations".   

Today Daniel Jones (Duke QB and Kipers #3) threw for 400+ yards, 5 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD. Completed 75% of his passes. Doug Williams was there watching. Pleeeeeeeeeeease draft this kid Washington. Even the announcers talked about how his mechanics reminded them of the Mannings (for those that don’t know Duke’s coach was the Mannings coach too.) 

Today Daniel Jones (Duke QB and Kipers #3) threw for 400+ yards, 5 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD. Completed 75% of his passes. Doug Williams was there watching. Pleeeeeeeeeeease draft this kid Washington. Even the announcers talked about how his mechanics reminded them of the Mannings (for those that don’t know Duke’s coach was the Mannings coach too.) 
Even if we manage to lose Sunday we'll be probably picking 12-15. It's going to cost too much to move up for a QB. Giants will get one. Jax too. Wouldn't be surprised if Tampa, Cinci, Denver, and Miami are looking at QBs too and they would all picking ahead of us as of right now. 

Even if we manage to lose Sunday we'll be probably picking 12-15. It's going to cost too much to move up for a QB. Giants will get one. Jax too. Wouldn't be surprised if Tampa, Cinci, Denver, and Miami are looking at QBs too and they would all picking ahead of us as of right now. 
This has been my worry as well.  How deep is qb this year?

Its not deep at all...and that's why I've been rooting for this team to lose every game the second Alex Smith went down. sucks, those wins meant NOTHING, and we'll probably have the same crap GM and coach next year.  :censored:

Users who are viewing this thread