What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (2 Viewers)

Honestly I dont have a lot of confidence in this new front office. Not impressed with this offseason so far and dont trust Peters to draft the right QB when he was apart of front office that gave a kings ransom for Trey Lance.

I'm not drinking the Peters kool-aid yet that is for sure.
No McKinstry? :oldunsure:
Nah they're not gonna draft a high round CB they're gonna take one of these later round targets, probably Cam Hart or Elijah Jones at around pick 100. They'll grab a tackle and an edge in round 2. I think you'll hear the names called of either Jordan Morgan, and/or Roger Rosengarten along with Marshawn Kneeland or Chop Robinson in the second round.

top 30 visits CB
Beanie Bishop Jr., CB, West Virginia (Source)

Jarvis Brownlee Jr., CB, Louisville (Source)

Rod Gattison, CB, Western Carolina (Source)

Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame (Source)

Elijah Jones, CB, Boston College (Source)

This is how I see it going:

1.2. QB Drake Maye- It's lying season and the whole thing was a smoke screen. Lance in 2021 was a +450 underdog behind Fields and Jones.
2.36. OT Jordan Morgan- Looks like they're targeting him, Roger Rosengarten appears to be the back up plan. It looks iffy Morgan is available here.
2.40. EDGE Marshawn Kneeland- He could go in the first round then all bets are off. Maybe pivot to Roger Rosengarten.
3.67. TE Ja'Tavian Sanders- Shore up TE.
3.78. OT Blake Fisher- RT to push Wiley.
3.100 CB Cam Hart- By the looks of it, it appears they are targeting a middle to late round CB.

Last edited:
I agree with the positions listed. The exact players depends on who falls to them.

I do have Drake Maye as the #2 pick but WhoTF knows.

Beyond that we need OL, CB, EDGE, and TE/WR. I also think a DT is in the mix in the middle rounds as a Jon Allen replacement. Someone like a Mekhi WIngo or Braden Fiske.

I agree with the positions listed. The exact players depends on who falls to them.

I do have Drake Maye as the #2 pick but WhoTF knows.

Beyond that we need OL, CB, EDGE, and TE/WR. I also think a DT is in the mix in the middle rounds as a Jon Allen replacement. Someone like a Mekhi WIngo or Braden Fiske.
No indication they are interested in a DT, CB or WR. https://www.hogshaven.com/2024/2/6/...4-nfl-draft-pre-draft-meetings-visits-tracker
Looks like they're targeting QB, EDGE and OT early, TE after that then CB mid round, If Mims slips I could see them moving up for him but I think the Bengals take him at 18. Maybe they pivot to one or more of those positions but probably after their other targets are off the board.

I'll truly be surprised if the pick is not Daniels. That's based on stuff I've heard for weeks, all the recent mocks by the major credible people putting Daniels at 2 in the last 24 hours, and the cherry on top is some of these reports about Vikings or Giants still being in the mix to trade for Maye at 3, as if it's assumed he'll be available at 3.

I'll put this out there and live with it, we'll see how it ages.

I'll truly be surprised if the pick is not Daniels. That's based on stuff I've heard for weeks, all the recent mocks by the major credible people putting Daniels at 2 in the last 24 hours, and the cherry on top is some of these reports about Vikings or Giants still being in the mix to trade for Maye at 3, as if it's assumed he'll be available at 3.

Me too, but all they (Mayock etc) keep saying is it is just a guess

I was seeing the same, but this morning Peter Schrager said Daniels is no lock. The Daniels camp says they’ve been given no assurances. And now Ben Standig was just on the radio saying he’s guessing Daniels but hearing a lot of McCarthy buzz and he has zero confidence in his Daniels guess. I really don’t think anyone knows except the few people making the pick.

Edit- Forgot to say, I agree it would be a big surprise. It’s probably Daniels.

Last edited:
Here's the next level chess Adam Peters is playing:

He's conning our Division-rival Giants into giving up a King's ransom to the Pats, for 1.03, where they anticipate Maye being available after the 'skins presumably take Daniels.

The gamble is that the Pats force this to happen before the 'skins are on the clock at 1.02, or even make their selection.

If they like the Giants offer enough to think that no other Team is going to offer more, the Pats should be pushing to get this deal done prior to that time. Pushing hard.

There's no love lost between the Pats and the Giants, courtesy of 2 Super Bowls losses. I think Bob Kraft would be thrilled to have the chance to pull the rug out from under them.

I'm all-in in this one.

Darrell Green's #28 is going to be retired this year.
How has that not happened already? Of course, with the way Snyder handled Sean Taylor Day, he would have messed up #28's too.

I swear. The former regime could screw up a soup sandwich.
Well, they didn't retire numbers until recently. For a very long time, Baugh was the only officially retired number. They had many jerseys they didn't give out to players, but they weren't technically retired. That finally changed a few years ago. They started with Bobby Mitchell, then Sean Taylor, then Sonny. As much as I love Sean, I would have done Green first. So, in that sense, it should have happened already, but it wasn't going to happen before a few years ago and the franchise changed directions on the idea of officially retired numbers.

I'm guessing they'll do one per season until they get through the backlog.

I don't think they'll sit at the top of the 2nd waiting for an OT to fall. They're going to trade back into the mid to late first and snatch one.

I don't think they'll sit at the top of the 2nd waiting for an OT to fall. They're going to trade back into the mid to late first and snatch one.
I think it'll depend on how many OT's go in most of the first round. If only 5 or 6 go by the time the Ravens are on the clock, I think Washington will stay put.
O/U is 9.5 OLs in the 1st. 7 of the top 9-10 are likely OTs.

Still hoping for a trade down and/or Maye, though both seem unlikely at this point. Go Adam Peters, you got this!
I think they'll definitely be entertaining boatload-type offers from at least Minnesota & Las Vegas. Are any of the upper tier QBs a generational talent? If not & the team needs a lot of help, a trade down makes a lot of sense.

I feel like Baltimore fans felt when the Ravens moved to Baltimore: WE FINALLY HAVE A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM AGAIN!!!

Fifth tackle gone at pick 18. Kind of agree that Peters might want to start working the phones to try to move up and grab a tackle worthy of starting day one. I've heard 36 and 78 might get you to the mid 20s. I think it's worth a try...

So nervous right now
Upset now instead. We missed the prize. When Daniels is broken in 2 pieces by week 7, we'll all look back on this and cringe.
this pick is a real bummer. really not feeling Adam Peters. Honestly this offseason looks like something Ron Rivera would put together, two free agents from the panthers (Chinn, Luvu), bandaid LT, screwed the pooch on the first round pick. I dont know how you can value your job and take Jayden Daniels. The guy just screams risky pick. His elbow is even messed up, and even if the elbow isnt messed up the guy is an injury waiting to happen with the way he takes his and his smallish frame, and a diva to boot. I just cant put into words how much I hate this pick.

So nervous right now
Upset now instead. We missed the prize. When Daniels is broken in 2 pieces by week 7, we'll all look back on this and cringe.
this pick is a real bummer. really not feeling Adam Peters. Honestly this offseason looks like something Ron Rivera would put together, two free agents from the panthers (Chinn, Luvu), bandaid LT, screwed the pooch on the first round pick. I dont know how you can value your job and take Jayden Daniels. The guy just screams risky pick. His elbow is even messed up, and even if the elbow isnt messed up the guy is an injury waiting to happen with the way he takes his and his smallish frame, and a diva to boot. I just cant put into words how much I hate this pick.
I don't understand. You seem to have not posted on FBG in 3 years, and come back recently to mostly dunk on Adam Peters and Jayden Daniels. I don't understand your dislike of them. Glad you're back, though.

Fifth tackle gone at pick 18. Kind of agree that Peters might want to start working the phones to try to move up and grab a tackle worthy of starting day one. I've heard 36 and 78 might get you to the mid 20s. I think it's worth a try...
I was hoping they would trade up for Barton. Guessing they sit tight now.

I was hoping they would trade up for Barton. Guessing they sit tight now.
It looks like it. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us. The longer you wait, the longer you are getting a guy who cannot start day one. Then we are looking at starting tackles Lucas and Wylie and Daniels running for his life. OK, it's another case of my having PTSD from last year! :laugh:

Last edited:
Ravens on the clock and 8 OT's are gone already.
I know, Suamataia is still on the board, unfortunately it doesnt look like they're targeting him. I expect to hear Roger Rosengarten's name called along with Marshawn Kneeland. I think Kneeland will be picked first at 36. I think they targeted Morgan and Rosengarten and the Packers sniped us of Morgan.

So nervous right now
I don't understand. You seem to have not posted on FBG in 3 years, and come back recently to mostly dunk on Adam Peters and Jayden Daniels. I don't understand your dislike of them. Glad you're back, though.
Was active on a facebook group more than here because I dont play fantasy football anymore. Good to see you here, and it's nice to be back surprised it's been that long.

Tomorrow they have

any guesses who you think they take?
I surely hope they take a top tackle. Like you say, I've often hear Rosengarden mentioned, or that tackle from Yale. Are either of them good enough to start day one? I don't want to judge Peters too hard but I really felt the move was to move up to get a guy we could count on. Drafting a backup who could start eventually doesn't feel great when we're counting on Lucas and Wylie to keep Daniels upright...

LOTS of "experts" rated Daniels above Caleb Williams, and the large majority ranked him 2nd. Not sure why anyone is worried about this pick. He seems quite safe to me, and very explosive.
He just seems like a worse version of RG3, runs worse, doesnt know how to slide or run out of bounds and his arm really isnt that great. Plus his elbow, and he's been a bit of a diva at ASU and with the draft process. And look the accuracy stats, Maye had the best accuracy stats https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comments/1c6kh9w/rank_these_qbs_based_on_charting_data/, Daniels looks like he has the worst accuracy stats of the 4 and the Maye the best. I hope Im wrong I just dont really get this pick.

I'm not very pleased with how tonight played out.

I think we took the wrong QB. I agree with @NorrisB above on every point regarding Daniels.

I did NOT want to come out of this Draft with the anything resembling RG3/Haskins, and after the Bears firmly committed to Caleb, I thought we were out of the woods, until Daniels inserted himself into the conversation late in the process. As much as I didn't want Williams, after getting lucky enough for him to be off the table, it makes the Daniels selection even worse. It's like dodging bullet right into the path of another, more lethal one, IMHO.

Then, to make matters worse, as soon as one commits to Daniels, it behooves one to do what one needs to do to protect an investment that not only has an injury history, but has a propensity to put himself in harms way...by improving a mediocre, at best, Offensive Line.

What do you know? The 2024 Draft is populated with a Bumper Crop of Offensive Linemen.

Entering the back half of the Draft, you have 14 offensive Players taken in a row...you know there's going to be a bunch of defense taken over the next several picks, simply because it's there. You have time to work the phones with 2 high 2nd's and 3 3rds to put in play to acquire one of the remaining Blue Chip offensive lineman.

What you don't do is let the Cowboys, who have the same exact OL hole you need to fill, take the last best available Offensive Tackle, when there's a massive gap between that guy, and the players remaining on the board.

You. Just. Don't. DO. That...especially after they move back from 1.24 to 1.29, and put themselves in a position of vulnerability. Neither the Cardinals or Chiefs gave up a King's ransom to move into 1.27 and 1.28. That was an easy, cheap move, and we didn't make it.

Our Offensive Line still sucks, and that's a horrible fit with the QB we chose to select.

Every remaining offensive lineman is a project type.

We allowed the Cowboys, a superior Team in our Division, who we have to get better than, in order to have a realistic shot at a playoff berth, acquire the one remaining quality asset at a position we were equally bad at. Meaning they got better at our expense. A competent group of decision makers sees that development coming, and proactively addresses it before it happens.

I hope I'm wrong, and I hope tomorrow works out in such a way that I feel better about the way things are going.

So the second round:

I think we took the wrong QB. I agree with @NorrisB above on every point regarding Daniels.

I did NOT want to come out of this Draft with the anything resembling RG3/Haskins, and after the Bears firmly committed to Caleb, I thought we were out of the woods, until Daniels inserted himself into the conversation late in the process. As much as I didn't want Williams, after getting lucky enough for him to be off the table, it makes the Daniels selection even worse. It's like dodging bullet right into the path of another, more lethal one, IMHO.

Then, to make matters worse, as soon as one commits to Daniels, it behooves one to do what one needs to do to protect an investment that not only has an injury history, but has a propensity to put himself in harms way...by improving a mediocre, at best, Offensive Line.

What do you know? The 2024 Draft is populated with a Bumper Crop of Offensive Linemen.

Entering the back half of the Draft, you have 14 offensive Players taken in a row...you know there's going to be a bunch of defense taken over the next several picks, simply because it's there. You have time to work the phones with 2 high 2nd's and 3 3rds to put in play to acquire one of the remaining Blue Chip offensive lineman.

What you don't do is let the Cowboys, who have the same exact OL hole you need to fill, take the last best available Offensive Tackle, when there's a massive gap between that guy, and the players remaining on the board.

You. Just. Don't. DO. That...especially after they move back from 1.24 to 1.29, and put themselves in a position of vulnerability. Neither the Cardinals or Chiefs gave up a King's ransom to move into 1.27 and 1.28. That was an easy, cheap move, and we didn't make it.

Our Offensive Line still sucks, and that's a horrible fit with the QB we chose to select.

We allowed the Cowboys, a superior Team in our Division, who we have to get better than, in order to have a realistic shot at a playoff berth, acquire the one remaining quality asset at a position we were equally bad at. Meaning they got better at our expense. A competent group of decision makers sees that development coming, and proactively addresses it before it happens.

I hope I'm wrong, and I hope tomorrow works out in such a way that I feel better about the way things are going.
I like Suamataia I hope they are on the phone with Buffalo to trade up ahead of NE to go get him. I think there's a bit of a gap between Paul and Suamataia.

Tomorrow they have

any guesses who you think they take?
I surely hope they take a top tackle. Like you say, I've often hear Rosengarden mentioned, or that tackle from Yale. Are either of them good enough to start day one? I don't want to judge Peters too hard but I really felt the move was to move up to get a guy we could count on. Drafting a backup who could start eventually doesn't feel great when we're counting on Lucas and Wylie to keep Daniels upright...
Rosengarten is a RT which I guess we also need, I would want Suamataia who was a LT. You could reach on Amegadjie who they also seem to like. Infact that is probably what I would do, grab Kneeland at 36, and Amegadjie at 40. If Rosengarten isnt there at 67, pivot to Fisher to shore up RT.

Last edited:

Seems like the only first round tackles they wanted were Mims and Morgan and the price tag was probably a little steep for both.

Last edited:
I’m on record in a different thread saying I think Jaylen will be.a bust. I think he was a product of his surroundings at lsu. I dislike his size too. Plus I really liked maye a lot.

That being said Daniels was the #2 rated QB, so it was the right pick per the experts, I’m 100% behind what peters is trying to do. Rome wasn’t built in a day. We aren’t going to win a Super Bowl with a roster of 1-2 year bridge contracts. There is a visible plan of getting depth at every position.

To me the coaches were the big hires. What we have now is a vast improvement. So we at least have a fighting chance to compete now while building something bigger for the future.

Peters won’t hit on everyone. But I hope he’s right about Jayden. Having that position locked down for years to come makes everything easier.

Users who are viewing this thread