What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (1 Viewer)

OK, here's why I think we need a new team thread before the regular season starts:

This entire thread, except for the most recent pages, is about a Dan Snyder team. And Dan Snyder ruined the team -- in the front office, in the coaching staff, in the roster, in the press, in the fan adulation of the team, in the league as a whole. Hell, he ruined the cheerleaders and the broadcast crew.

Let's flush this huge floater, Dan Snyder.

Reasons I bring this up? First, he's suing someone somewhere now because he doesn't like a film about to be released. He's still as petty and overbearing as he was when he used to own this team. Second, this is the list of his accomplishments while he owned the team: https://sports.yahoo.com/dan-snyder...ine-of-dysfunction-and-scandal-201722850.html and a highlight from that big list:

Oct. 2009​

Snyder sues 125 Commanders season-ticket holders who asked to be released from their contracts when they weren't able to keep up with their payments due to the recession. According to the Washington Post, Snyder sued them for $3.6 million and won a judgment of $2 million. Among those sued was Pat Hill, a 72-year-old grandmother whose real estate company took a nosedive due to the economic crisis. The down-on-her-luck Hill, who first became a season-ticket holder in the early 1960s, didn't contest the lawsuit due to Bible teachings about paying off debt, and the Commanders won judgment of over $64,000 that sent her into bankruptcy. According to Forbes, the Commanders brought in $324 million in revenue in 2008.
Let's get rid of this guy by getting a new team thread before Week 1. He was horrible. He's gone. We have a brand new team to root for, top to bottom.
Agree. We have a new era. We need a new thread. Start one up fatness for 2024 and beyond and we can let this one die a much deserved death.
I want to be sure it's ok with @dgreen before I start one up. He started this one and I don't want to step on his toes. We're over 10,000 posts into this one.
Also, to be fair, someone younger and healthier than me starting the new thread would be fine with me. I'm here at times and I post a good bit, but I'm also gone for chunks of time due to my health. Having a thread starter able to change the title as need be can be kind of cool. I mean, I'll do it before the season starts if no one else wants to, but I won't be sad if someone else wants to do it. All I have so far is

"2024 and Beyond Washington Commanders Thread -- Expansion Team With A Long History"
Roster listing
Schedule
Link to this thread for continuity

I've been worried about John Allen being dissatisfied with the losing and wanting out, but right now all the changes in the front office, coaching staff, roster, and attitude seem to have him happy. Currently he's my favorite player on the team.

“I think it’s pretty known that we’ve had our struggles in the past,” an understated Allen said following Wednesday’s organized team activities session. “But, I mean, it has been really good this year. Not going to talk about how great it is. We’ve still got a lot to prove. But I have a smile on my face coming to work every day.”

The 2017 first-round pick said getting away from the game following the season helped him reset, as did conversations with new general manager Adam Peters and coach Dan Quinn. “Obviously I’m emotional,” Allen said. “You know last year was tough. But you … learn from the past and get ready for the future. I’m super excited about what we’ve done. You know Coach Quinn has been awesome. Mr. Peters has been awesome. I just am really happy with the way things are going. So now we’re just working.
Quinn’s defense shifts players around, and Allen said it’s too early to know how he’ll be used or how well this team will perform. That’s all for down the line. Now, it’s about the work and good vibes. “It has truly been reinvigorating and just so fun to come to work every day,” Allen said. “This is really just a dream job right now.”

Overall, Daniels continues to impress with his poise and comfort level in position and team drills, huddles and “the work he’s putting in,” linebacker Bobby Wagner said after practice. “He’s coming in early whether it’s working out or putting in the film (work). That’s the thing you look for as a vet. Somebody who wants it, and he definitely does.”

OK, here's why I think we need a new team thread before the regular season starts:

This entire thread, except for the most recent pages, is about a Dan Snyder team. And Dan Snyder ruined the team -- in the front office, in the coaching staff, in the roster, in the press, in the fan adulation of the team, in the league as a whole. Hell, he ruined the cheerleaders and the broadcast crew.

Reasons I bring this up? First, he's suing someone somewhere now because he doesn't like a film about to be released. He's still as petty and overbearing as he was when he used to own this team. Second, this is the list of his accomplishments while he owned the team: https://sports.yahoo.com/dan-snyder...ine-of-dysfunction-and-scandal-201722850.html and a highlight from that big list:

Oct. 2009​

Snyder sues 125 Commanders season-ticket holders who asked to be released from their contracts when they weren't able to keep up with their payments due to the recession. According to the Washington Post, Snyder sued them for $3.6 million and won a judgment of $2 million. Among those sued was Pat Hill, a 72-year-old grandmother whose real estate company took a nosedive due to the economic crisis. The down-on-her-luck Hill, who first became a season-ticket holder in the early 1960s, didn't contest the lawsuit due to Bible teachings about paying off debt, and the Commanders won judgment of over $64,000 that sent her into bankruptcy. According to Forbes, the Commanders brought in $324 million in revenue in 2008.
Let's get rid of this guy by getting a new team thread before Week 1. He was horrible. He's gone. We have a brand new team to root for, top to bottom.
Agree. We have a new era. We need a new thread. Start one up fatness for 2024 and beyond and we can let this one die a much deserved death.
I want to be sure it's ok with @dgreen before I start one up. He started this one and I don't want to step on his toes. We're over 10,000 posts into this one.
Also, to be fair, someone younger and healthier than me starting the new thread would be fine with me. I'm here at times and I post a good bit, but I'm also gone for chunks of time due to my health. Having a thread starter able to change the title as need be can be kind of cool. I mean, I'll do it before the season starts if no one else wants to, but I won't be sad if someone else wants to do it. All I have so far is

"2024 and Beyond Washington Commanders Thread -- Expansion Team With A Long History"
Roster listing
Schedule
I'm good with that, so don't worry about me. Go for it!

I don't think enough can be said about the culture change in DC. Players sound so happy. And happy players are far more likely to run through a brick wall for their coaches. I miss hearing our players talk about how they would do that for Coach Gibbs. I think we'll finally see that again this year. And all the positive press on Daniels being first in, working so hard, its impossible to not feel super encouraged about this season.

Oct. 2009​

Roster listing
Schedule
I'm good with that, so don't worry about me. Go for it!
Just poking my head in to say thanks to D Green for starting the last thread and for all who contributed to that thread all these years. YES, those were extremely painful years but as someone who was in the old thread from the beginning, I will say that shooting the bull with everyone about the team has been very fun and very helpful, anyway. If nothing else, it was good to commiserate with other like minded fans...like sitting at the bar with your buddies and commiserating over beers!

Of course, I'm totally down with starting a new thread for all the reasons you mention...it's a new day! But even as we flush that turd Dan Snyder, I also will have fond memories of the old thread, and thankful for the conversations...

Users who are viewing this thread