What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official *** Week 17 SF @ SEA on SNF (1 Viewer)

Meh. This game shows me Seattle can't hang if SF is at full strength (Kittle and Sanders). We will get the last laugh later this year.
I know it's a tough night, first loss of the year but I would show a little more respect for Seattle who fell behind and looked like they would not do well, felt like they turned it over to end the 1st half and then also to open the 2nd half, Wilson is usually going to walk away with points. 

The LB who had the red zone interception, that was an amazing athletic play, I don't feel Russell threw a bad ball. You all should have won on the FG but it got shanked. 

Have a beer and a smoke and tomorrow is a new day on a magical season so far.

Sincerely,

'72 Dolphins 😉

Not even close. Just off the top of my head, I'll take Favre the night his dad died; Miami vs. Chicago 1985, or Jets/Dolphins 2000 Monday Night Miracle.
This. Also, the Tampa Bay-Indy game the year after the Bucs won the Super Bowl and the epic Montana-Elway duel when Montana played for K.C are also far superior. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's a tough night, first loss of the year but I would show a little more respect for Seattle who fell behind and looked like they would not do well, felt like they turned it over to end the 1st half and then also to open the 2nd half, Wilson is usually going to walk away with points. 

The LB who had the red zone interception, that was an amazing athletic play, I don't feel Russell threw a bad ball. You all should have won on the FG but it got shanked. 

Have a beer and a smoke and tomorrow is a new day on a magical season so far.

Sincerely,

'72 Dolphins 😉
MOP speaking truth tonight.

I wouldn’t call this game a “masterpiece”. 7 turnovers is less than ideal, much better than what has been on MNF his season though. 
How many turnovers is the Max you can have to play one of the Greatest Games of all Time?

I'm not trying to be snarky but I think you are discounting how strong the defenses played tonight forcing skill position players who are typically scoring with ease to take more chances. 

Not sure how you measure games but tomorrow this one will be discussed on the sports talk circuit as maybe the greatest MNF game of all time.

Of course he did, his best 2 pass catchers werent playing. The rest of the WRs are garbage.

Not worried one bit.
Russell Wilson just won a game on the road against an 8-0 team throwing to a rookie WR, a 7th round WR, a UDFA WR, and a guy that was just released and passed on by 26 teams playing in his first game for the team. 

Your team is going to have to beat a team that's better than 5-4 at some point in time, you know that, right? San Francisco is a really good team. You'll probably be fine.  

I mean I'm worried about the Seahawks. That defense doesn't scare anyone. If Russell Wilson is mortal and the D plays like it has all year until tonight, this team is going nowhere. And that team I'm worried about just came in and beat your team in their house. If you're not worried you aren't paying attention. 

Meh. This game shows me Seattle can't hang if SF is at full strength (Kittle and Sanders). We will get the last laugh later this year.
Seriously!  Wilson usually has to throw for 300 and 3 TD's to give Seattle a chance.  This was one of his sub-par games and they won.  I'm shocked that San Fran wasn't better.  If he plays his usual self, this game wouldn't have been within reach.

San Fran is much better than Seattle, except at the QB position.

How many turnovers is the Max you can have to play one of the Greatest Games of all Time?

I'm not trying to be snarky but I think you are discounting how strong the defenses played tonight forcing skill position players who are typically scoring with ease to take more chances. 

Not sure how you measure games but tomorrow this one will be discussed on the sports talk circuit as maybe the greatest MNF game of all time.
I was somewhat just nitpicking Joe Tessitore insisting this game was a “masterpiece”. I can respect a battle of two good defenses, tonight was certainly that, but at times it felt more so a sloppy game offensively. 

Russell Wilson just won a game on the road against an 8-0 team throwing to a rookie WR, a 7th round WR, a UDFA WR, and a guy that was just released and passed on by 26 teams playing in his first game for the team. 

Your team is going to have to beat a team that's better than 5-4 at some point in time, you know that, right? San Francisco is a really good team. You'll probably be fine.  

I mean I'm worried about the Seahawks. That defense doesn't scare anyone. If Russell Wilson is mortal and the D plays like it has all year until tonight, this team is going nowhere. And that team I'm worried about just came in and beat your team in their house. If you're not worried you aren't paying attention. 
You mean like when they beat the Rams when they were 3-2, or Carolina when they were 4-2?

Seattle doesnt scare me at all, they got lucky by playing the 49ers this week instead of last week or next week.

Im paying attention just fine. I respect your opinion, I just dont agree with it. And thats OK.

Seriously!  Wilson usually has to throw for 300 and 3 TD's to give Seattle a chance.  This was one of his sub-par games and they won.  I'm shocked that San Fran wasn't better.  If he plays his usual self, this game wouldn't have been within reach.

San Fran is much better than Seattle, except at the QB position.
Hawks manhandled the SF Oline. Been waiting for that D line to show up all year. Mixing in this Diggs dude into the secondary. Things are trending up.

We'll see if Jimmy G gets them the ball. He was throwing some shaky passes tonight. May have to keep Kittle back there to block :lol:  , that line was getting dominated
The SF O-line had 2 tackles back tonight after both missing 4+ weeks, neither was ready or in game shape. Their backups were both playing lights out, there was no reason to sit either of them. Staley looked like a rookie and McGlinchey looked worse. But it is what it is. :shrug:

Too bad I went out to do stuff and missed a good chunk of the game. The last quarter and overtime were exciting as heck. GG all around, at least for the excitement factor. 

I liked this one, https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=green+bay+vs+wasdhington+monday+night+in+snow&view=detail&mid=38808D9E8C69540EE1D138808D9E8C69540EE1D1&FORM=VIRE but certainly last night was an entertaining game.

I was somewhat just nitpicking Joe Tessitore insisting this game was a “masterpiece”. I can respect a battle of two good defenses, tonight was certainly that, but at times it felt more so a sloppy game offensively. 
Certainly Garroppolo threw three passes which were not intercepted, but no thanks to him.  He threw them right to Seattle.  I was not impressed.  he seemed rattled.  of course he was running short of weapons so that may have had something to do with it.

I was impressed, yet again, by the 49er defense.

Certainly Garroppolo threw three passes which were not intercepted, but no thanks to him.  He threw them right to Seattle.  I was not impressed.  he seemed rattled.  of course he was running short of weapons so that may have had something to do with it.

I was impressed, yet again, by the 49er defense.
Me too. The Seahawks had nothing down the field, and that's a priority for them. No time for a play to develop, and when they did try the coverage was tight. San Francisco turned Russell Wilson into a dink and dunk QB. 

The 49ers turnaround has been impressive. 

Me too. The Seahawks had nothing down the field, and that's a priority for them. No time for a play to develop, and when they did try the coverage was tight. San Francisco turned Russell Wilson into a dink and dunk QB. 

The 49ers turnaround has been impressive. 
Very impressive.

I am a Packer fan. We have the 49ers on our schedule because they are supposed to suck based on last year's results.  they are our reward for having sucked too.  With the turnaround they may be our most difficult game of the year.  Well done 49ers.  they had a plan, stuck to it, and it seems to working wonders.

Didn't have their best TE (Dissly) playing either. 

I was wondering if anyone else would notice that according to PFF that Seattle was missing their best player. Granted, its a smaller sample size of games, but Dissly has been a huge impact player when active.
They lost Dissly a month ago, so theyve had time to adapt/adjust, and still had Lockett, as well as matchup nightmares Metcalf (whos been playing great) and Gordon (who is an elite talent).

49ers were missing Kittle for the first time, and didnt even know he was out for sure until Saturday. Sanders exited early. That left Deebo as the only receiver that could catch. Outside of him, they were pretty much weaponless in the passing game all night (Goodwin 0 catches. Pettis 0 catches. Both had easy drops. Bourne caught some and had easy drops as well).

Before Sanders left, the 49er offense was moving the ball down the field, dominating time of possession, and scoring points. When he left, it was night and day difference.

I cant wait for the week 17 rematch. Seattle isnt that great at home any more, and with both teams healthy, I think the 49ers win convincingly unless theyre resting starters for the playoffs.

They lost Dissly a month ago, so theyve had time to adapt/adjust, and still had Lockett, as well as matchup nightmares Metcalf (whos been playing great) and Gordon (who is an elite talent).

49ers were missing Kittle for the first time, and didnt even know he was out for sure until Saturday. Sanders exited early. That left Deebo as the only receiver that could catch. Outside of him, they were pretty much weaponless in the passing game all night (Goodwin 0 catches. Pettis 0 catches. Both had easy drops. Bourne caught some and had easy drops as well).

Before Sanders left, the 49er offense was moving the ball down the field, dominating time of possession, and scoring points. When he left, it was night and day difference.

I cant wait for the week 17 rematch. Seattle isnt that great at home any more, and with both teams healthy, I think the 49ers win convincingly unless theyre resting starters for the playoffs.
You should know by now that Hawks-9ers games never play to the script as it reads on paper. Expecting a convincing win is just as foolish as it would be for me to expect a convincing win over he 9ers. 

Just shocked Seattle was even in this game. SF is so much better across the board. Probably ought to blame the fans. If they wanted it bad enough SF would have won. 

You should know by now that Hawks-9ers games never play to the script as it reads on paper. Expecting a convincing win is just as foolish as it would be for me to expect a convincing win over he 9ers. 
Yep.  

Odd game in a lot of ways.  49ers had control of the game right before halftime and then the sack/fumble/TD turned it around for Seattle.  Then Seattle goes up 21-10 and Niners look dead in the water.  Then a sack/weird ### fumble/TD turns it around the other way.  

Loved the hard hitting on both sides.  Sucks to be on the losing end, but a game to remember.

Hoping that this doesn’t turn into a  whining competition over which team has more significant injuries. 

As a Packer fan I do not want to see S.F. again this year.  The road to that starts with the Seahawks doing work.  I find myself a Seahawks fan this week.  It should be an interesting game, especially because of the injuries.  How does each team adjust, compensate.  

Hoping that this doesn’t turn into a  whining competition over which team has more significant injuries. 
Or complaining that the officiating is one sided because the NFL wants team A to win.  But that happens in every game thread so probably no way around it.  

Seattle should have Clowney, Kendricks, and Griffin back on defense. No Diggs. 

LT Brown out. After watching Jamarco Jones get abused last week we might see Fant at LT. 

Green Bay eeks out win means this game is for 3 seed and chance to stay home next week. 

The more I think about this game I just don’t want to see Beastmode be embarrassed. 

Sf gets home field NFC 1 with win. What’s at stake for Sea ?

edit never mind hawks would win division home wild card game 

Users who are viewing this thread