What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL WIS XVII THREAD: Long Balls, Boy Bands, and Booming Economies (1 Viewer)

Now, onto the next one! What's the theme?
In late September we usually do one. have we ever done a 50s and 60s league? Korea to Vietnam? 1948-1964?
Not sure we have unless it was in the BT era. I really would like this idea.

I also wouldn't be sad if we bumped the next one up to, say, mid to late August? Yeah, I'm an addict.
Nah, that messes with fantasy foosball drafts. I say we aim for September at some point.
I begrudgingly agree with DD here.

Much as it sounds great to get an August draft, a lot of us are focused on the FF season. Once Sept comes around, everyone is Jonesing for another draft. But we can certainly line up parameters etc.

'48-64 sounds interesting. Should be similar depth to what we just had I'd imagine.

Still like the Between-Ruth-&-Bonds idea - from the year after Ruth retired to the year before Bonds debuted. Without researching, 1939-1991 (?).

If we did the expanded era (post Ruth Pre Barry), what about dividing te league in two, and have one National league draft, one American and create our leagues and divisions accordingly?

Still like the Between-Ruth-&-Bonds idea - from the year after Ruth retired to the year before Bonds debuted. Without researching, 1939-1991 (?).
Took a quick look at these years. Could be fun. Deep pool but without the outlying deadball and roida eras.

Took a quick look at these years. Could be fun. Deep pool but without the outlying deadball and roida eras.
Seems like there would be some outlier pitchers from the mid to late 60s. That's kinda why I said 48-64 but I am just taking this info from the top of my head, so I could be wrong.

Seems like there would be some outlier pitchers from the mid to late 60s. That's kinda why I said 48-64 but I am just taking this info from the top of my head, so I could be wrong.
There will always been some outlier seasons, but when you take away the dead ballers and roid bats, that takes a lot of the craziness off the table. Much more homogenous "baseball the way we grew up with it" type of numbers.

Late '60s also seem to get hit to a degree by normalization, moreso than deadballers for sure. I'm fine with either, but a wider range of years would be ok with me, esp. if its no deadballers no roids.

I like the post-Ruth, pre-Bond idea. I'd be in for that in September after the football drafts are over. Should be fun. I'm learning as I go along with this stuff. Still haven't had as successful a team as I'd hoped, but have enjoyed it!

Earlier, I incorrectly guesstimated the years of a Ruth-to-Bonds league. It would actually be an even fifty seasons -- 1936-1985.

Should we get a consensus on what the next round will be? Might as well get things laid out before we focus on football for a month.

Advanced to the second round of the TOC, though barely. Was down 2 games to 1 ( best of 5) and had to get a run in the 8th of game five which ended up going 11 innings. Junior Felix with the walk off hit.

Going to be a tough second round seeing as he's got prime years of gooden, Tudor and mike Scott while I have a fatigued team overall. Well see.

Koya said:
Advanced to the second round of the TOC, though barely. Was down 2 games to 1 ( best of 5) and had to get a run in the 8th of game five which ended up going 11 innings. Junior Felix with the walk off hit.

Going to be a tough second round seeing as he's got prime years of gooden, Tudor and mike Scott while I have a fatigued team overall. Well see.
How'd NV do?

Koya said:

How'd NV do?
Notta so good. Went out in 3 I believe. It's tough against these ringer teams when we are doing specific drafts.

Teetering here. The dream may be almost over... Going against three sub .95 whip guys ha my offense absolutely mired.

Is it too late to trade for Maddux?

Is there much trash-talking in these TOC series? And if so, do they wonder what the hell you were thinking when you were drafting?

Is there much trash-talking in these TOC series? And if so, do they wonder what the hell you were thinking when you were drafting?
In my four TOC's. I don't think there's been one occasion of even a single banter back or forth. Nothin.

Seem to be a pretty wide range of teams, so Im sure there are other quircky teams out there that aren't just loaded up with the best possible combo for under $110M.

The team that bounced me in 3 games had '97 Pedro as its #3 starter (behind Addie Joss & Carl Hubbell) - also Eckersley closing, offense had Babe Ruth, Cy Williams, Cap Anson, etc... was a pretty big mismatch

The best TOCs are the ones where our squads are facing off against teams with three Ruths, a pair of Teddy Ballgames, Barry Bonds at catcher, three Cy Youngs, 94 AND 95 Maddux, etc.

In late September we usually do one. have we ever done a 50s and 60s league? Korea to Vietnam? 1948-1964?

I also wouldn't be sad if we bumped the next one up to, say, mid to late August? Yeah, I'm an addict.
Nah, that messes with fantasy foosball drafts. I say we aim for September at some point.
Ahem.

Ahem.
Let's fire this next round up.

Users who are viewing this thread