What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official World Baseball Classic Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm glad Cain, Kershaw, Verlander, Price and Weaver couldn't be bothered to suit up for their country. :thumbup:
Would it have mattered? Other than a few games the offense blew. 3 runs against the #### pitching staff they faced today?
What about Fielder and Trout?
I don't know what to tell you. The players don't care.
Oh its not an attack cappy, it was a genuine question. Supposedly with Torre, this was supposed to be "no BS" this year, play to win (which we saw him clearly not do with his lineups). And supposedly, only injured position players were immune from being "drafted"

So now that the home country of most people reading this is eliminated, can we agree that team Dominican Republic is awesome to watch? Having so much fun (from appearances) and playing great baseball :thumbup:

Ya know what annoys me. You see all the fun the latino teams and fans have? Then our team barely shows any emotions and most americans couldn't care less about this tournament. Why is that? We abuse the players for not caring but the fans are the same way. I wish there was a way to change that.

I'm glad Cain, Kershaw, Verlander, Price and Weaver couldn't be bothered to suit up for their country. :thumbup:
Would it have mattered? Other than a few games the offense blew. 3 runs against the #### pitching staff they faced today?
What about Fielder and Trout?
I don't know what to tell you. The players don't care.
Oh its not an attack cappy, it was a genuine question. Supposedly with Torre, this was supposed to be "no BS" this year, play to win (which we saw him clearly not do with his lineups). And supposedly, only injured position players were immune from being "drafted"
Torre was a complete joke. Total dumpster fire of a manager. I'm not sure why the US players don't care, but they clearly don't. Everyone considered it an inconvenience. Teixiera said something about how they were there to put on a good show for the fans and get ready for the season. If they don't care I don't understand why anybody else really should.

Ya know what annoys me. You see all the fun the latino teams and fans have? Then our team barely shows any emotions and most americans couldn't care less about this tournament. Why is that? We abuse the players for not caring but the fans are the same way. I wish there was a way to change that.
The ones at the game are fairly passionate, but they are just outnumbered by the other contingents.A few of us were really into it, but who can really afford to travel down to Miami at the drop of a hat?

The ones at the game are fairly passionate, but they are just outnumbered by the other contingents.A few of us were really into it, but who can really afford to travel down to Miami at the drop of a hat?
I wasnt really talking about the ones at the games. While clearly outnumbered they seemed into it. Im talking more about people around me. Nobody i know watched or cared about this tournament. Its sort of a chicken and egg thing. He fans dont care because the players dont care or the players dont care because they grew up in this country with a similar attitude to todays fan.

I was at the Mexico game in Phoenix. Similar to RN there were some of us really into it but we were way out numbered. I would say it was almost a 10 to 1 ratio of Mexico/USA fans. I dont want to get in any vacation scenario here so I will say this as delicately as I can. The Mexican contingent was earning their stereo type that night, in a big way. :banned: :boxing: :banned: :gang1: :yes: :pokey: :2cents: :tumbleweed: :topcat: :clyde:

With the US & Mexico out, the bottom has fallen out of WBC ticket prices. I just bought lower deck tickets for tomorrow night for $8 each.

They just showed the graphic that pitchers can't pitch two nights in a row. I mean, isn't that a huge, huuuuuuuuuge strategic favor to Puerto Rico? If Rodney goes tonight he can't pitch tomorrow.

Both those games should have been on the same day. So poorly run. :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
They just showed the graphic that pitchers can't pitch two nights in a row. I mean, isn't that a huge, huuuuuuuuuge strategic favor to Puerto Rico? If Rodney goes tonight he can't pitch tomorrow. Both those games should have been on the same day. So poorly run. :loco:
Only if they throw over 20 pitches

Congratulations to the Dominican Republic. They were the best team throughout the tournament and deserved the win.

I don't see how any baseball fan can be opposed to the WBC. The tournament format is flawed but that's mostly a concession to the calendar. It's still a fun event that at least some countries are taking seriously.

I totally enjoyed the game I attended. It was a rare opportunity to see the NPB stars in person. The Japanese and Puerto Rican fans brought a very different vibe than a typical MLB game.

I'm also glad nobody got hurt (even Hanley)

It's a very interesting idea that deserves better. I think that's the complaint. You're seeing guys competing with a lot of built-in limitations. It prevents it from being all that it could be.

It's a very interesting idea that deserves better. I think that's the complaint. You're seeing guys competing with a lot of built-in limitations. It prevents it from being all that it could be.
I'm normally as cynical as anyone but the WBC glass is more than half full

Hopefully it will get better. This event is still in its infant stages and if they are able to learn from what works and what doesn't, each competition should be a more refined experience.

I'm happy for Fernando. That guy is ####ing awesome.
Htf did he go from horrible to best closer in baseball? Crazy
Lol. No idea. Glad he's here though. He looked unhittable in this thing.The Rays did shorten his windup and moved him strictly to the right side of the mound. I doubt that's enough to explain it though. He's probably on HGH or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread