What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Officially Unofficial Week 17 FBG Kicker Contest!*** (1 Viewer)

I’m thinking that last night’s game will not be included, unfortunately.

There’s no other way to do it unless everyone wants me to wait to see if that suspended game is to be resumed?

Not sure what to do here.
You could allow those that picked Bass/McPherson to pick someone for week 18 and just leave the suspense for the winner for another week. Any hurry to find a winner?
I appreciate the suggestion, but I don’t feel that’s fair to the folks who guessed for week 17.
I picked McPherson for last night -- and whatever ya'll decide is fine with me ---

There’s no other way to do it unless everyone wants me to wait to see if that suspended game is to be resumed?

You could allow those that picked Bass/McPherson to pick someone for week 18 and just leave the suspense for the winner for another week. Any hurry to find a winner?
I appreciate the suggestion, but I don’t feel that’s fair to the folks who guessed for week 17.
Why not? They were waiting to see what Bass/McPherson did anyway so what's another week? or just keep the Bass/McPherson guesses and transfer to the week 18 games?

ETA: It's kind of a disadvantage to the Bass/McPherson guesses because they are against different teams so all the high level research won't be applicable that led them to their totally scientific answers. hahahaaa
Oh - sorry, you meant *only* the bass/McPherson owners.

That’s actually not a bad way of handling it.

I’m gonna wait to see if the NFL updates us tomorrow & going from there.

Since I'm bored and don't have a cold, here are my calculations (feel free to double-check):

Badgley: 2.3 + 4.1 +5 = 9.4 (@Rubi diff = 7.6 + 10 = 17.6)
McLaughlin: 2.3 + 1 -1 = 2.3 (@Krilons Resa diff = 10.3 + 24 = 34.7 NOTE: entry replace by later pick of Succup; @efactor diff = 12.2 + 29 = 41.2)
Folk: 4.9 +2 -1 = 5.9 (@bshell27 diff = 4.4 + 6 = 10.4)
Sanders: No FG, so disqualified (@Maggot Brain )
Maher: 3.6 + 4.5 + 3 = 11.1 (@Gottabesweet diff = 1.5 + 1 = 2.5 NOTE: entry replaced by later pick of Gano; @Cowboysfan8 diff = 2.9 + 1 = 3.9; @Leroy Hoard diff = 3 + 6 = 9)
York: 3.7 + 3 = 6.7 (@3 hour lunch diff = .3 + 7 = 7.3)
Gano: 3.6 + 5 = 8.6 (@davidwb diff = 6.4 + 15 = 21.4; @Gottabesweet 5.2 + 8 = 13.2)
Santos: 2.3 +1 = 3.3 (@TheWinz diff = 7.2 + 19 = 26.2)
Succup: 2.2 + 1 -3 = .2 (@Krilons Resa diff = 12.1 + 26 = 38.1)
Tucker: 3.0 + 5.1 + 1 = 9.1 (@yellowdog diff = 5.6 + 4 = 9.6)
Bullock: 3.7 + 2.9 +1 = 7.6 (@BassNBrew diff = 2.6 + 4 = 6.6)
Boswell: 2.1 +5.1 + 3.3 +1 -1 = 10.5 (My diff = 2.8 + 0 = 2.8)
Myers: 2.5 + 3.1 + 3.1 + 2 -1 = 7.7 (@Ardbeg4ever diff = 2.1 + 15 = 17.1; @Long Ball Larry diff = 3.4 + 15 = 18.4 )
Gould: 4.3 + 2.4 + 2.3 + 4 - 1 = 12 (@eighsse2 diff = 3.7 + 0 = 3.7)
Butker: No FG

Bass and McPherson guys = ?

Don't see how you can hold off--it may never be resumed. I'm biased by my current standing, but I'd chalk it up to "them's the breaks".
That’s how I’m leaning, but I’d like to give it until tomorrow to see if the NFL announces anything.

Apologies for the delay folks. There will be a winner & 2nd place awarded.
No apologies needed Guy,you offered up a FREE contest and are putting up a fantastic prize at your expense. It's an unprecedented situation. Whatever your decision it's the right one.
And thanks.

Oh - sorry, you meant *only* the bass/McPherson owners.

That’s actually not a bad way of handling it.

I’m gonna wait to see if the NFL updates us tomorrow & going from there.
Correct. All the other scores stay as is and anybody that picked Bass or McPherson either transfers their guesses to week 18 (if that is easier for you) or allow them a new entry picking a kicker for week 18.

Regardless whatever you decide is fine as this is 100% your charitable character putting this thing on.

Ok, so in the interest of fairness and harmony, and with lack of clarity from the NFL, I’ve decided to let the CIN/BUF k guesses apply to week 18 since week 17s game was cancelled.

So…after week 18 the winner & 2nd place will be determined.

McPherson 3.4 + 2.6 + 3 + 9 (@scottybo diff = 4.2 + 18 = 22.2; @Bozeman Bruiser diff = 4.4 + 2 = 6.4; @BobbyLayne diff = 1 + 13 = 14; @JIslander diff = 1 + 9 = 10)
Ya saved me a ton of time - thank you! Gonna send you a bottle for that - you totally earned it. :yes: Just need an address (send via DM)

So who won?

Who came in 2nd?
:D
You're already sending me 4 bottles and a cap (Boswell 2.8 points diff) :giggle:
2nd: @eighsse2 (Gould 3.7 diff)

McPherson 3.4 + 2.6 + 3 + 9 (@scottybo diff = 4.2 + 18 = 22.2; @Bozeman Bruiser diff = 4.4 + 2 = 6.4; @BobbyLayne diff = 1 + 13 = 14; @JIslander diff = 1 + 9 = 10)
Ya saved me a ton of time - thank you! Gonna send you a bottle for that - you totally earned it. :yes: Just need an address (send via DM)

So who won?

Who came in 2nd?
You're already sending me 4 bottles and a cap (Boswell 2.8 points diff) :giggle:
Oh snap, you won?!

Nice job!! In that case I’ll kick in an enamel pin to go with the set. :hifive:

just need a DM from @eighsse2

Thanks for playing everyone

So who won?

Who came in 2nd?
Oh snap, you won?!

Nice job!! In that case I’ll kick in an enamel pin to go with the set. :hifive:

just need a DM from @eighsse2

Thanks for playing everyone
I got lucky! Thanks for an amazing 2nd place prize!

Users who are viewing this thread