What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One Hundred Pushups (2 Viewers)

Anyone keeping to their normal workout/fitness routine along with doing this challenge? Obviously your cardio shouldn't change, but if you are already in a strength program, have you scaled back or stopped? I have decided to focus on functional training while doing this and maybe throw in a day of pullups and dips once a week.

Anyone keeping to their normal workout/fitness routine along with doing this challenge? Obviously your cardio shouldn't change, but if you are already in a strength program, have you scaled back or stopped? I have decided to focus on functional training while doing this and maybe throw in a day of pullups and dips once a week.
I haven't changed my normal workout, this is a supplement to it but my normal gym workout takes precedent over this. I'm kicking around the idea of switching days so my weight workout is M-W-F and this is T-Th-s as the upcoming week is going to be brutual but I haven't decided yet.For those of you repsonding to my earlier question I get what you are saying. I read that inital test chart as placing you in a certain week based on your max, I see that it doesn't.

I've stopped doing chest but have still been trying to do biceps, triceps and back. I have noticed that after doing my pushups, I'm having a much harder to finishing the rest of my workout.

The 2 minute break was huge, first 2 sets weren't that bad, 3&4 were a bit of a struggle though. Was afriad I wouldn't get the 15 min for the max set, fought through the pain to move onto 20..... tried to do 21, arms gave out... but I'm on to week 2, and I've got the weekend to rest :popcorn:

D3: 15/13/10/10/20

I've continued to do my regular workouts and am just doing this at night. I may not get the numbers quite as quick on the push-ups from being a little fatigued, but I don't want to change up my primary workouts.

Week 1 - Day 3:

15/13/10/10/44

lol. gotta read the fine print... was just sticking with 60 secs between sets all 3 days and just made week 1 day 3 with 15/13/10/10/15

Done with day 3 but still can only max at 15 before I feel like death. I'm thinking I'll take the two day breather and then do week 1 again to make sure I'm doing this right and don't jack an arm off.

Well, I knocked off week 1 and am feeling great. I was surprised I felt fairly fresh on Day 3 since I spent 13.5 hours the day before sealing my deck and then another 3 hours that night putting my kids new trampoline together. I felt totally drained after all that.

I'm not taking a break between Week 1/Day 3 and Week 2/Day 1 so I can get on the Mon/Wed/Fri schedule.

I didn't read the directions, so I did 12/12/10/12 on Day 1 and didn't max again. I had been wondering how such small numbers would get me to doing 100 - now I know. The max at the end is a big part. Won't make that mistake again.

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)2 Members: Mike Crimes, Otiswhat up pimp?
Not feelin all that pimp, actually. I'm struggling to crank out 15 pushups in succession. Otis used to be a contender...

Well knew the day was coming, man what an abortion tonight was. Week 5, day 1, column 3. What a mother. Got the initial 40 in and it went downhill from there. Knew I wasn't gonna make it after the second set so I switched over to column 1 and it still kicked my ###. I can see being stuck on week 5 for about 3 weeks. Traveling next week so I'm probably gonna skip a few.

My arms are still dead.

Well knew the day was coming, man what an abortion tonight was. Week 5, day 1, column 3. What a mother. Got the initial 40 in and it went downhill from there. Knew I wasn't gonna make it after the second set so I switched over to column 1 and it still kicked my ###. I can see being stuck on week 5 for about 3 weeks. Traveling next week so I'm probably gonna skip a few.My arms are still dead.
Week 5 looks pretty strange to me. If you can do 41 pushups in your exhaustion test, you move into the following sets:4032302540+I think a lot of us will be hung up on that one.

That's the week (5) I'll probably have to take liberties with the rest periods. I may find 5 minutes between sets to be more appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the week (5) I'll probably have to take liberties with the rest periods. I may find 5 minutes between sets to be more appropriate.
Oh yea, forgot to mention the splits 60 seconds on Day 1, 45 on day 2 and 30 seconds on day 3. Sure. . .60 seconds was brutual with those reps.

Week 2 day 1 in the books, not as bad as I feared..

12/12/9/7/30

Also, mark up another vote in the WTF column for week 5 :goodposting:

As planned, started over with Day 1 yesterday to get on the MWF train - 10/10/8/6/29

When I did it last thursday I was sore as hell Friday and Saturday, probably from doing the test one night and then Day the next day. Really screwed up my golf game over the weekend. Not sore at all today though.

Looks like we lost a lot of guys after week 1.
I started Day 1 on Mon 6/30. I did 10/10/8/6/7. Day 2, I did 12/12/10/2/5. Since I wasn't making it through Day 2, I decided to start over with Day 1. I started again yesterday: 10/10/8/6/9. I have edited the GoogleDoc.I guess I too should have read the fine print. I didn't realize the rest time increased each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started Day 1 on Mon 6/30. I did 10/10/8/6/7. Day 2, I did 12/12/10/2/5. Since I wasn't making it through Day 2, I decided to start over with Day 1. I started again yesterday: 10/10/8/6/9. I have edited the GoogleDoc.I guess I too should have read the fine print. I didn't realize the rest time increased each day.
Good point, I hadn't thought about the guys who decided to repeat week 1.

This is to be expected. I'd expect it to thin out more and more as we go along. With any workout routine/gym membership, etc. everyone is pumped at the beginning and many gradually disappear.

I've had an interesting progression....guess it's doing what it's suppose to be doing for me so far!

Initial max.: 31

--------

w1, d1 max: 30

w1, d2 max: 34

w1, d3 max: 35

---------

w2, d1 max: 36

I should be doing week 2 day 1 tonight but I will redo week 1 given my failure to get above 15 at any of teh max sets.

Depending on how tomorrow night goes I may do all three columns in week 5 because I really can't see me getting through day 1 column 3 anytime soon.

Depending on how tomorrow night goes I may do all three columns in week 5 because I really can't see me getting through day 1 column 3 anytime soon.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but maybe that's why you should've started with the program at Week 1, Day 1 like it's specified all should.Just cuz you could do an initial max of 43 doesn't mean you should automatically jump to Week 4 of the program from the get go.I'm sure the progressions leading up from Week 1 to Week 5 have a cumulative training effect which allows Week 5 to be somewhat closer to doable when it comes that time than you are presently experiencing.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but maybe that's why you should've started with the program at Week 1, Day 1 like it's specified all should.Just cuz you could do an initial max of 43 doesn't mean you should automatically jump to Week 4 of the program from the get go.I'm sure the progressions leading up from Week 1 to Week 5 have a cumulative training effect which allows Week 5 to be somewhat closer to doable when it comes that time than you are presently experiencing.
:shrug:

Exactly, my initial max was 65 butI still started in week 1.

I've been doing 3-4 sets of 30+ pushups a night for at least two months prior to this, figured I was ok. What is killing me is the rest between the sets.

By the way, I was talking to my dad over the weekend and I told him I was trying to get to 100 pushups. Rather matter of factly he told me that when he was in the army he could do 300 straight. :thumbup:

By the way, I was talking to my dad over the weekend and I told him I was trying to get to 100 pushups. Rather matter of factly he told me that when he was in the army he could do 300 straight. :thumbup:
Did he walk to school 15 miles uphill, both ways, too?

By the way, I was talking to my dad over the weekend and I told him I was trying to get to 100 pushups. Rather matter of factly he told me that when he was in the army he could do 300 straight. :eek:
Did he walk to school 15 miles uphill, both ways, too?
No, you don't know my dad. If he says it, he did it. I believe him. He's always been a pretty strong guy. Even at 78 and after 2 open heart surgeries and a stroke he's still pretty strong.

Users who are viewing this thread