What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

P90X - Anyone try this? (1 Viewer)

slowkidz

Footballguy
Has anyone seen this? It looks like a marine drill type workout. I thought it would be interesting to see if it would work with anyone willing to duke it out for the 90 days. I've seen the total set on sale for about $100.

I'm just wondering if anyone's tried it, and if so, how's it going for ya?

:goodposting:

tried ab ripper x last night around 12:30 a.m. some of the exercises are actually quite easy, but others are nearly impossible for me to do correctly. i hung with it pretty well for a first effort. definitely used muscles that weren't expecting it. could hardly walk down the stairs immediately afterwards.

downloading the rest now. will advice.

tried ab ripper x last night around 12:30 a.m. some of the exercises are actually quite easy, but others are nearly impossible for me to do correctly. i hung with it pretty well for a first effort. definitely used muscles that weren't expecting it. could hardly walk down the stairs immediately afterwards.downloading the rest now. will advice.
Looking forward to the report.

7.0 GB downloaded.. finally.

I can already tell that chest/back is going to destroy me. They use a pull-up bar early and often. The bands don't look nearly as effective. Looks like I'll be spending time in the basement.

7.0 GB downloaded.. finally.I can already tell that chest/back is going to destroy me. They use a pull-up bar early and often. The bands don't look nearly as effective. Looks like I'll be spending time in the basement.
Did you pirate it?Are we going to get a weekly report on your progress?

7.0 GB downloaded.. finally.I can already tell that chest/back is going to destroy me. They use a pull-up bar early and often. The bands don't look nearly as effective. Looks like I'll be spending time in the basement.
Yarrr.Sure, I'll give updates.
Where? Are these the torrents everyone speaks of?
Everywhere.Just completed "core synergistics" (about an hour with some small breaks along the way). Some of it is fairly easy, but there are a few moves that are nearly impossible for a beginner.Having done two of the modules so far, I can tell you right now that this will get you in shape. The problem with it, I think, is that the curve is very steep. Unless you are already in decent shape, you'll never get through it.

The Z Machine said:
What sort of equipment is needed for this regimen?
They use a mat (simple yoga variety), some free weights (5-20 lbs.), a pull-up bar, and push-up bars. You can substitute an elastic band for the weights in most instances, and the push-up bars are pretty much optional. They use the pull-up bar a lot, and that is probably what most people don't have available. They show a variation where you loop the band around something on the ceiling to simulate the motion of pull-ups, but I don't think this would be nearly as effective.For most of the exercises, you don't need any equipment. The core synergistics workout didn't use much at all besides light weights.

I did this. It works and I still use it from time to time.

Pickles is right, it's for people who are already in some sort of shape but want to get better. I went from about 165 at the start to 152 at the finish (5'8"). And I think I gained muscle.

I would like to do it again but the one downside is the workouts are fairly long - from about an hour to an hour and a half. Can't always find time.

I did this. It works and I still use it from time to time. Pickles is right, it's for people who are already in some sort of shape but want to get better. I went from about 165 at the start to 152 at the finish (5'8"). And I think I gained muscle.I would like to do it again but the one downside is the workouts are fairly long - from about an hour to an hour and a half. Can't always find time.
That was my issue as well. The time is a MAJOR commitment.If you look at the thread I linked it gives you the breakdown of exercises weekly.

One of my buddies did the regular P90 program and lost 40 pounds in 6 months. He also was on a diet the whole time.

When you say downloading, I guess it's just dvds you get when you buy the set?
Torrent Link
11 files in torrent:

01. Ab Ripper X.avi [207MB]

02. BACK_BICEPS-01.mpg [707MB]

03. CHEST_BACK.mpg [728MB]

04. CHEST_SHOULDERS-01.mpg [759MB]

05. CORE_SYNERGISTICS-01.mpg [604MB]

06. KENPO_X-01.mpg [622MB]

07. LEGS_AND_BACK-01.mpg [787MB]

08. PLYOMETRICS-01.mpg [624MB]

09. SHOULDERS_ARMS.mpg [609MB]

10. X_STRETCH-01.mpg [605MB]

11. YOGA_X-01.mpg [948MB]
Link to the official site

Yarrr.Sure, I'll give updates.
Where? Are these the torrents everyone speaks of?
Everywhere.Just completed "core synergistics" (about an hour with some small breaks along the way). Some of it is fairly easy, but there are a few moves that are nearly impossible for a beginner.Having done two of the modules so far, I can tell you right now that this will get you in shape. The problem with it, I think, is that the curve is very steep. Unless you are already in decent shape, you'll never get through it.
Start with Slim in 6 from the same company if you aren't already in good shape.

Torrent Link
11 files in torrent:

Black effing dot.

Torrent Link
11 files in torrent:

Black effing dot.
:sadbanana:

Mr. Pickles said:
Giant Wooden Badger said:
Torrent Link
11 files in torrent:

Black effing dot.
:wall:
Been looking for an excuse to get back in the gym. Running alone isn't cutting it anymore.Where does one procure a pull up bar?

Mr. Pickles said:
Torrent Link
11 files in torrent:

Black effing dot.
:moneybag:
Been looking for an excuse to get back in the gym. Running alone isn't cutting it anymore.Where does one procure a pull up bar?
Door Gym is a good one that doesn't require much (anything) for install.

Mr. Pickles said:
Torrent Link
11 files in torrent:

Black effing dot.
:mellow:
:lmao: I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm still reeling from yesterdays "boat-to-boat" set. I can barely bend at the waist.

Mr. Pickles said:
Torrent Link
11 files in torrent:

Black effing dot.
:thumbup:
:shrug: I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm still reeling from yesterdays "boat-to-boat" set. I can barely bend at the waist.
You may want to visit the official site for the program schedule. I'm pretty sure core work wasn't introduced until the 4th week, with a lot of pullups coming early on.

Mr. Pickles said:
Torrent Link
11 files in torrent:

Black effing dot.
:moneybag:
:thumbup: I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm still reeling from yesterdays "boat-to-boat" set. I can barely bend at the waist.
You may want to visit the official site for the program schedule. I'm pretty sure core work wasn't introduced until the 4th week, with a lot of pullups coming early on.
I might have been a little overanxious.

Mr. Pickles said:
Torrent Link
11 files in torrent:

Black effing dot.
:thumbup:
20 dollars at sports authority.The link I posted above has the sets in order for weeks 1-4.

here is the complete setup for Classic

Phase1

Week1-3

Day 1 - Chest & Back, AbRipper

Day 2 Plyometrics

Day 3 Shoulders & Arms, Ab RIbber

Day 4 - Yoga

Day 5 - Legs & Back, Ab Ripper

Day 6 - kenpo

Day 7 - rest or Stretch X

week 4

Day 1 - 7

Yoga

Core Synergistics

Kenpo

X Stretch

Core Synergistics

Yoga

Rest OR X stretch

Phase 2

Week 5-7

Chest, Should & Tries, Ab RIpper

Plyometrics

Back & Biceps, Ab Ripper

Yoga

Legs & Back, Ab RIpper

Kenpo

X Stretch or REST

week 8

Yoga

Core Synergistics

Kenpo

X Stretch

Core Synergistics

Yoga

Rest OR X stretch

PHASE 3

week 9, 11

Chest & Back, Ab

Plyometrics

Should & Arms, AB

Yoga

Legs & Back, AB

Kenpo

Rest OR X Stretch

Weeks 10,12

Chest, SHould, Tris, AB

Plyometrics

Back & Biceps , AB

Yoga

Legs&BAck, AB

Kenpo

Rest or X Stretch

Week 13

Yoga

Core Synergistics

Kenpo

X Stretch

Core Synergistics

Yoga

Rest OR X stretch

Each phase has a diet plan to follow. Down to the snack and amout of carbs, proteins, dairy etc.

You start off with a low carb. If I get time I'll try to post the menu

Last edited by a moderator:
Download complete.

Probably starting tomorrow morning before work. What sort of equipment will I need in the beginning?

Pullup bar, weights, mat? Is that it? What kind of weights?

just a pullup bar or door connector for the bands if you are using those.

Dumbbells are the weights you need

just a pullup bar or door connector for the bands if you are using those.Dumbbells are the weights you need
Not a fan of bands.How heavy are the weights that I need? Wife may try it as well. What about for her?
For her she should try the LEAN program. I'll try to remember to post that routine late tonight.Depends really - for example the only weights you use for chest and back weeks 1-4 is for lawnmower and I think back flys.The rest for that day is all pushups/pullups.I would suggest - not sure what you lift currently but - 10-30 pounds. SOme excercises I use the lower weight (usually for shoulders).

Last edited by a moderator:
just a pullup bar or door connector for the bands if you are using those.Dumbbells are the weights you need
Not a fan of bands.How heavy are the weights that I need? Wife may try it as well. What about for her?
For her she should try the LEAN program. I'll try to remember to post that routine late tonight.Depends really - for example the only weights you use for chest and back weeks 1-4 is for lawnmower and I think back flys.The rest for that day is all pushups/pullups.I would suggest - not sure what you lift currently but - 10-30 pounds. SOme excercises I use the lower weight (usually for shoulders).
Are these routines you speak of from the P90X Fitness Guide that I keep seeing references to? That's the one thing from this program that I can't find to download. I have the calendar and the worksheets.As I type this I see a LEAN routine on the calendar PDF. It's there with CLASSIC and DOUBLES. Is that what you're referring to?

Are these routines you speak of from the P90X Fitness Guide that I keep seeing references to? That's the one thing from this program that I can't find to download. I have the calendar and the worksheets.As I type this I see a LEAN routine on the calendar PDF. It's there with CLASSIC and DOUBLES. Is that what you're referring to?
Yes. I posted the Classic up a few posts. My wife actually purchased this for me. I did it for a month - hurt my back badly doing something else and have not got back into it in about 2 months. There is also a dietary guide that I followed to a T and GREAT RESULTS the first month. I only lost maybe 5 pounds but lost many inches in the spots I needed :shrug:

Can you post the lean set? My wife has been asking me to develop a routine for her and taking someone else's is easier than developing one...

Could one of you guys that's already dl'd this please open your torrent program and make it available for seeding? I'm at 80% and it's crawling slow (I hit 70 on Sat night) because there aren't enough seeds online. Tons of peers, but they obviously don't have the last few pieces I need.

Users who are viewing this thread