What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PacMan Jones (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Adam ''PacMan'' Jones is upset that his new teammates are showing a lack of loyalty when speaking about him.Jones has decided to take on the team captain publicly. ''But then I have to hear Keith Bulluck talking about me, how he doesn't even know who Pacman is... . But as far as the respect level off the field and me calling him for advice, that will never happen now... Keith has never been in the situation I am in — Keith ain't never been drafted high.'' Nope, Pacman sure doesn't need any advice. Everything's under control. Aug. 9 - 9:53 am etSource: Nashville TennesseanHere we have a rookie calling out the captain and speaking in the 3rd person. What a dumb #### :rolleyes:

The guy calls himself pacman? Im not sure if that is total jackassery, or is so over the top it comes back around and I deeply respect it.

WOW, he is truely out of his mind. I think all the Titans needed to do was look at him on draft day and deceide, is he really as good as Neon Deon? Because Deon is the only DB good enough to pull this ridiculous act off. unfortunitly he will never be Deon.

So, what are the odds of each happening of the following being the first to occur:Pacman earns his nickname in prisonPacman becomes an all-pro

Adam ''PacMan'' Jones is upset that his new teammates are showing a lack of loyalty
Yes, because you've done SO MUCH to earn that loyalty haven't you, "PacMan". Oh wait... :rolleyes:

A shame that the Titans drafted this guy over the likes of Rolle, etc. I'd say the Titans have been my 2nd favorite team since Eddie George was a good #1RB, this guy has "team cancer" written all over him.

"...he doesn't even know who Pacman is..." That's up there with Ricky Henderson on how to quote yourself; Comedy Gold for sure! Personally I can't wait for this guy to get into the Training camp to hear whats next. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read about his troubles off the field, I thought that Jones sounded like a punk. These comments confirm that he is, indeed, a punk. A rookie, a holdout, a defendant, and he is talking trash to the team captain. Unbelievable.

maybe they should just let him go and see him drop like a stone in next years draft - at least then they will not mortgage their future on a punk like this

He made a comment about Hayneswoth as well. Being a huge Titans fan I am very upset and anxious right now. I will say that after reading the whole article from this morning I can atleast see the other side of the coin on this one. The other side being that It was not very cool for Bulluck to call out Pacman in the media either. I mean people always talk about how you never go to the media on player to player issues. All Bulluck and Haynesworth really did was fuel the firestorm of Anti- Pacman sentiment amongst the Titan faithful. They were clearly in the wrong as well.Additionally, news has just broken amongst the Titanscentral.net forum that there is going to be a "HUGE" story in the Tennesean tommorow involving Pacman. Specualtion, is that it involves either an issue with his past probation or possibly a falied drug test.here's the full article from the Tennessean:Pacman questions teammates' loyalty Critical of Bulluck, HaynesworthBy JIM WYATTStaff WriterWhen the Titans used their first-round draft pick on cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, they envisioned him bonding quickly with his new teammates and becoming a big contributor on a reshaped defense.Barely a month before the season opener it's clear that plenty of patchwork will be needed — on the field and in the locker room — once Jones arrives in Nashville. Players have been critical of Jones during his contract holdout, now in its 12th day. Yesterday he fired back."It really is biting at me,'' Jones said by phone."My teammates, I don't think they've been as loyal as they should have been in this situation. A lot of other guys around the league are holding out and my teammates are the only ones that are saying negative stuff about me."Jones said he is particularly perturbed with veteran linebacker Keith Bulluck."It bothers me that I am not on the field," Jones said. "But then I have to hear Keith Bulluck talking about me, how he doesn't even know who Pacman is. …"As far as my teammate and everything, that will never change. But as far as the respect level off the field and me calling him for advice, that will never happen now."Jones, the No. 6 overall draft pick, remains without a contract. His agent, Michael Huyghue, plans to be in Nashville later this week to meet with Titans General Manager Floyd Reese, but yesterday the two sides were no closer to a deal."No letters, no talks,'' Reese said.Jones is working out in Jacksonville and keeping up with the Titans via the Internet. He said he's tried repeatedly to get in touch with Bulluck and has also noticed comments from defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who was a holdout in 2002."The kid, what's his name? Haynesworth? He missed four days. The little stuff he is saying is irrelevant," Jones said."But Keith saying he is not going to call me Pacman, he is going to call me Adam — 'Who is Adam? I don't know if this guy can help us' — that is a little outrageous for my teammate to say that.''Between practices yesterday, Bulluck said he's been playing "phone tag" with Jones."I am in camp. I don't know what he is doing all day," said Bulluck, who was a 2003 Pro Bowl selection and is regarded as the leader of the defense. "So if I call him when I have time off and he calls me back when I am at practice, I can't control that. If he really needs to get in touch with me he knows how.''Said Jones: "He called me at 7 o'clock in the morning when he knows I am not going to answer the phone. I have called Keith about 20 times and left messages. Every time I call he doesn't answer. I have gotten to the point where I am not calling him any more.''Jones said if Bulluck is trying to pressure him to report to training camp by criticizing him, it's not working."There ain't no pressure because Keith has never been in the situation I am in — Keith ain't never been drafted high,'' Jones said. "I don't feel any pressure. I play football, and pressure on the field is irrelevant."Bulluck was the No. 30 overall pick in 2000.As for how Bulluck might react to his comments, Jones said: "It really doesn't matter. I hope he responds like a man and tries to call me and talk to me and see what is going on with me. But for the most part I am not here to please Keith or nobody, I am in Tennessee to play football ... That is the only reason.''Told of Jones' comments after yesterday's late practice, Bulluck appeared angry but did not comment. Coach Jeff Fisher said Jones and his future teammates are speaking out of frustration."Once he gets here things will settle down," Fisher said. "They want him here. They are going to show him the way once he gets here. … Pac has a responsibility and only one responsibility, and that is to come here and get to work. That is all he should be concerned about."We just finished our 16th practice. There is an average of 40-50 team reps in each practice and to my knowledge he has not participated in any of them. He needs to get here and play ball and be a member of this team.''Earlier yesterday, Bulluck said he's not sure how Jones will be received when he is finally in a Titans uniform and blamed Huyghue for not having Jones in camp by now. Jones used to be represented by Bulluck's agent, Gary Wichard, but Jones fired him not long after the draft to go with Huyghue."It is not really up to me, it is the whole team. I don't get into hazing or things like that, but it is how the team will embrace him,'' Bulluck said. "He is just going to have to endure whatever comes with holding out for two weeks and after that we'll move on. He is going to be with us for years and is going to help us."He doesn't have to answer to me. He has to answer to his teammates. I am just one player on this team.'' •

I love this guy. Great entertainment. I for one am in the fanclub, I hope he tears the league up and ends up an annual all-pro.

supposedly there is going to be arraignment for probable trial over nightclub incident... i think that is coming up soon... may well be tomorrow... if he had apologized & coughed up 250 K, charges would have been dropped.i would expect that to be postponed until after season if his lawyer has discretion to do so.but if convicted, the word was this could be violation of ANOTHER of a litany of problems in past few years, which could lead to jail time.he needs to take responsibility for fact that he got himself in the jam which now pretty much demands titans protect themselves & not offer as much up front money (at rate he is going he will be in prison soon... dude makes sean taylor look like a boy scout/choir boy in comparison). he brought these problems on himself... completely self inflicted.i would love to see the titans just dump him, bite the bullet & admit they made massive mistake... lets see where he would go in 2006 draft. :)it admittedly took a few years and prolonged the inevitable, but rams admitted mistake with lawrence phillips and cut him eventually.and WTF were titans thinking... so what if he is returner... rolle & rogers are 10 X the CBs punkman is.

He made a comment about Hayneswoth as well. Being a huge Titans fan I am very upset and anxious right now. I will say that after reading the whole article from this morning I can atleast see the other side of the coin on this one. The other side being that It was not very cool for Bulluck to call out Pacman in the media either. I mean people always talk about how you never go to the media on player to player issues. All Bulluck and Haynesworth really did was fuel the firestorm of Anti- Pacman sentiment amongst the Titan faithful. They were clearly in the wrong as well.

Additionally, news has just broken amongst the Titanscentral.net forum that there is going to be a "HUGE" story in the Tennesean tommorow involving Pacman. Specualtion, is that it involves either an issue with his past probation or possibly a falied drug test.

here's the full article from the Tennessean:

Pacman questions teammates' loyalty

Critical of Bulluck, Haynesworth

By JIM WYATT

Staff Writer

When the Titans used their first-round draft pick on cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, they envisioned him bonding quickly with his new teammates and becoming a big contributor on a reshaped defense.

Barely a month before the season opener it's clear that plenty of patchwork will be needed — on the field and in the locker room — once Jones arrives in Nashville.

Players have been critical of Jones during his contract holdout, now in its 12th day. Yesterday he fired back.

"It really is biting at me,'' Jones said by phone.

"My teammates, I don't think they've been as loyal as they should have been in this situation. A lot of other guys around the league are holding out and my teammates are the only ones that are saying negative stuff about me."

Jones said he is particularly perturbed with veteran linebacker Keith Bulluck.

"It bothers me that I am not on the field," Jones said. "But then I have to hear Keith Bulluck talking about me, how he doesn't even know who Pacman is. …

"As far as my teammate and everything, that will never change. But as far as the respect level off the field and me calling him for advice, that will never happen now."

Jones, the No. 6 overall draft pick, remains without a contract. His agent, Michael Huyghue, plans to be in Nashville later this week to meet with Titans General Manager Floyd Reese, but yesterday the two sides were no closer to a deal.

"No letters, no talks,'' Reese said.

Jones is working out in Jacksonville and keeping up with the Titans via the Internet. He said he's tried repeatedly to get in touch with Bulluck and has also noticed comments from defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, who was a holdout in 2002.

"The kid, what's his name? Haynesworth? He missed four days. The little stuff he is saying is irrelevant," Jones said.

"But Keith saying he is not going to call me Pacman, he is going to call me Adam — 'Who is Adam? I don't know if this guy can help us' — that is a little outrageous for my teammate to say that.''

Between practices yesterday, Bulluck said he's been playing "phone tag" with Jones.

"I am in camp. I don't know what he is doing all day," said Bulluck, who was a 2003 Pro Bowl selection and is regarded as the leader of the defense. "So if I call him when I have time off and he calls me back when I am at practice, I can't control that. If he really needs to get in touch with me he knows how.''

Said Jones: "He called me at

7 o'clock in the morning when he knows I am not going to answer the phone. I have called Keith about 20 times and left messages. Every time I call he doesn't answer. I have gotten to the point where I am not calling him any more.''

Jones said if Bulluck is trying to pressure him to report to training camp by criticizing him, it's not working.

"There ain't no pressure because Keith has never been in the situation I am in — Keith ain't never been drafted high,'' Jones said. "I don't feel any pressure. I play football, and pressure on the field is irrelevant."

Bulluck was the No. 30 overall pick in 2000.

As for how Bulluck might react to his comments, Jones said: "It really doesn't matter. I hope he responds like a man and tries to call me and talk to me and see what is going on with me. But for the most part I am not here to please Keith or nobody, I am in Tennessee to play football ... That is the only reason.''

Told of Jones' comments after yesterday's late practice, Bulluck appeared angry but did not comment. Coach Jeff Fisher said Jones and his future teammates are speaking out of frustration.

"Once he gets here things will settle down," Fisher said. "They want him here. They are going to show him the way once he gets here. … Pac has a responsibility and only one responsibility, and that is to come here and get to work. That is all he should be concerned about.

"We just finished our 16th practice. There is an average of 40-50 team reps in each practice and to my knowledge he has not participated in any of them. He needs to get here and play ball and be a member of this team.''

Earlier yesterday, Bulluck said he's not sure how Jones will be received when he is finally in a Titans uniform and blamed Huyghue for not having Jones in camp by now. Jones used to be represented by Bulluck's agent, Gary Wichard, but Jones fired him not long after the draft to go with Huyghue.

"It is not really up to me, it is the whole team. I don't get into hazing or things like that, but it is how the team will embrace him,'' Bulluck said. "He is just going to have to endure whatever comes with holding out for two weeks and after that we'll move on. He is going to be with us for years and is going to help us.

"He doesn't have to answer to me. He has to answer to his teammates. I am just one player on this team.'' •
Every Titan and every Titan fan has the right to call this punk out. There are two sides to the story, and Punkman is a jerk on both sides.

I agree with PacMan. Just like the Favre situation, you shouldn't publicly critisize a teamate regarding a contract dispute- thats his business and not yours. If you have to say something negative, then do it behind closed doors. But to the media, you should only support your teamates.

I agree with PacMan. Just like the Favre situation, you shouldn't publicly critisize a teamate regarding a contract dispute- thats his business and not yours. If you have to say something negative, then do it behind closed doors. But to the media, you should only support your teamates.
should his teammates support him for bringing his chronic smoking posse with him & making trouble in nightclubs? walker did nothing of the sort, so the two situations aren't that similar... i do, BTW, agree with you about favre.* edit/add - clearly his indiscretions have not been private... his actions, which have been an embarassment not only to himself, but to the team for selecting him & the city, have been highly visible & public.

he should be a lot less worried about what is being said about him than the actions of his which has been the cause of said words... he continues to have his priorities in the wrong place.

Keith Bulluck was a Yankees fan on that "we'll beat the Red Sox because we always do" bandwagon before last year. It makes me happy to know that he'll never be on a championship team as long as he's on Tennessee.

supposedly there is going to be arraignment for probable trial over nightclub incident... i think that is coming up soon... may well be tomorrow... if he had apologized & coughed up 250 K, charges would have been dropped.
The problem with this is that it's illegal. It's called bribery. A criminal case is between the public and the defendant. It's not between two individuals. The prosecutor represents "the people," not the specific victim. If the other guy says, "I won't help the police convict you if you give me 250K," then the other guy is committing a felony (bribery).I suspect the conventional wisdom about how easy it would have been for Pacman to avoid criminal prosecution is somewhat misguided. If Pacman has a defense attorney worth his license to practice law, that attorney would have advised Pacman that accepting a bribe and obstructing justice would not exactly be good for his future as a free man.

i would love to see the titans just dump him, bite the bullet & admit they made massive mistake... lets see where he would go in 2006 draft. :)
:yes: This clown will end up being nothing but trouble.

Thats straight BS!!!ITS a TEAM game. He is part of a TEAM. the TEAM needs him becuase the TEAM invested a 1st round draft pick to help the TEAM.

if he doesnt want to play a TEAM sport, then go play tennis, where ITS NOT A TEAM, and he can be an individual.

Guys like Bullock and Brett Favre have the TEAM in mind when they say what they say. They are TEAM players.

supposedly there is going to be arraignment for probable trial over nightclub incident... i think that is coming up soon... may well be tomorrow... if he had apologized & coughed up 250 K, charges would have been dropped.
The problem with this is that it's illegal. It's called bribery. A criminal case is between the public and the defendant. It's not between two individuals. The prosecutor represents "the people," not the specific victim. If the other guy says, "I won't help the police convict you if you give me 250K," then the other guy is committing a felony (bribery).I suspect the conventional wisdom about how easy it would have been for Pacman to avoid criminal prosecution is somewhat misguided. If Pacman has a defense attorney worth his license to practice law, that attorney would have advised Pacman that accepting a bribe and obstructing justice would not exactly be good for his future as a free man.
Uhm, wouldn't that 250k just have been a settlement? As far as I am aware, that is perfectly legal.... :unsure:

Thats straight BS!!!ITS a TEAM game. He is part of a TEAM. the TEAM needs him becuase the TEAM invested a 1st round draft pick to help the TEAM.

if he doesnt want to play a TEAM sport, then go play tennis, where ITS NOT A TEAM, and he can be an individual.

Guys like Bullock and Brett Favre have the TEAM in mind when they say what they say. They are TEAM players.
TEAM player should support their TEAMATES publicly, and if they have something negative to say then do it behind closed doors...bottom line.

TEAM player should support their TEAMATES publicly, and if they have something negative to say then do it behind closed doors...bottom line.
Coming from someone who has played college ball at least, listen.....true leaders call out BS teammates when they arent doing whats best FOR THE TEAM. Adam Jones sitting at home doing dope and getting in bar fights isnt helping the TEAM it hurts the TEAM.and yes i called him Adam

i don't know all the technicalities under which a party which claims to have been harmed in an assault (or battery?) can subsequently drop the charges. can they change their mind & refuse to testify? is that legal... maybe in some instances, like in rape cases, the prosecution can go ahead with hostile witnesses... but aren't these rare, possibly because they would be difficult to get a conviction in some cases.i may have been getting this scenario confused with the different case of two parties who agree to settle out of court? are those ever done before a trial... my understanding was that if two parties agree that one was harmed by the other, in some cases a financial settlement is the preferred course, to avoid even more expensive, protracted & time consuming legal battle.

obviously if it was illegal & example of bribery it would be ill advised... if there was a legal way for punkman to not go to court & risk conviction, that would be preferred. it sounds like an apology wouldn't do it... the person claiming to be harmed (nightclub owner) felt damages were in order. since your reply sounds authoritative, it sounds like there would be no way to request damages without FIRST pressing charges?

if convicted, this would increase chances he goes to jail on a probation violation (if i understand a background article i read about his matter corretly)... which would have a negative impact on his future earnings.

I think the Titans messed up, this guy is a punk.
:thumbup: Our staff Titans homer - Colin - completely agrees with you. He went "aaargh" when the selection was made - and he's a gung ho college player guy, too.

The guy is bad news, but big egos and cornerbacks tend to go hand in hand.

Since he isn't signed, is he technically a teammate?

No, a team player does what best for the team. What is best for that team is for somebody to get in Adam's face, remind him that he was a lucky SOB to get drafted, and that he is about another half mistake from going down as one the greatest NFL draft screwups of all time.

Since he isn't signed, is he technically a teammate?
Precisely. He doesn't have any teammates yet, and for him to expect some sort of loyalty is stupid.

Favre situation is different in that Walker is already under contract and he was talking about holding out, but Pacman is not under contract and is trying to get the best deal possible. Sometimes these rookie deals are the only contracts these players get. Haynesworth has NO business calling out anybody, he should just worry about his own BIG ### and get it in shape. I think the NFL needs to go to a rookie pay scale such as the one in the NBA and we wouldn't have these rookie holdouts.

Pacman referring to himself in the 3rd person is indicitive of the ego-centricity of some star football players. It is funny, to say the least. The hypocritical part of the article is Haynesworth commenting negatively on Jones situation: he was in the same position 3 years ago and held out as well. Here are a few things i want share about this dilemma:Jones is a definitely goign to cause headaches within the Titan's circlesHe's a very good player and has every RIGHT to hold-out if he deems his contract to not be suitable. He might not get that great contract based on his off-field incidentsBulluck, Dilfer, etc... should not be commenting to the media about the situation of another player. Maybe the head coach reserves that right...but placing blame on the player is not right; negotiations are double sided. With that being said, the nfl rookie salary slotting system is retarted. You have players in the top 5 that are being paid 6-7 times more than later first round picks. When David Carr is being paid 50 million or whatever for 6 years but Javon Walker is being paid 8 million for 5 there is something wrong. Javon was a top 5 receiver last year (don't argue with me, look at it statistically). Only if the NFL adopted the nba slotting system in which rookies sign 3-4 year deals worth around 10 million and the 30th pick in the first round is compensated atleast int he same ballpark as the top picks. Boy would that solve everythingIt needs to be overhauled but who decides? THe nba faced a very similar problem when deciding an age limit. Well they picked a year and made a cutoff. Next year Puppet Tagliabue should actually DO SOMETHING FOR ONCE IN HIS LIFE FOR THE MILLIONS HE MAKES and enact an age limit (21) and a rookie slotting system with a 5% increase year over year.

Coming from someone who has played college ball at least, listen.....true leaders call out BS teammates when they arent doing whats best FOR THE TEAM. Adam Jones sitting at home doing dope and getting in bar fights isnt helping the TEAM it hurts the TEAM.and yes i called him Adam
I agree they should've called him out....but they should've done it behind closed doors. You don't embarrass a guy by calling him out publicly. JMHO. I'm not arguing that PacMan isn't a jerk or that he is doing the right thing by holding out. I'm just saying that he has a right to feel betrayed when his teamates publicly bash him.

PacMan wasnt drafted because of his social and moral ethics. What did you expect out of him? :thumbdown:

The guy calls himself pacman? Im not sure if that is total jackassery, or is so over the top it comes back around and I deeply respect it.
It was a nickname given to him by his mother when he was a baby because he ate everything in sight

I agree they should've called him out....but they should've done it behind closed doors. You don't embarrass a guy by calling him out publicly. JMHO. I'm not arguing that PacMan isn't a jerk or that he is doing the right thing by holding out. I'm just saying that he has a right to feel betrayed when his teamates publicly bash him.
Well they were going to talk to him after practice, but he wasn't there. It's ok though, the next time the cops haul Punkman downtown he can use his one phone call to see if anyone on the team wants to call him out about it.

I don't agree with anyone who's not in camp yet. It's ridiculous. Preseason has started - it's time to get on the field.
Your right, they should play for free also

I think the Titans messed up, this guy is a punk.
:thumbup: Our staff Titans homer - Colin - completely agrees with you. He went "aaargh" when the selection was made - and he's a gung ho college player guy, too.

The guy is bad news, but big egos and cornerbacks tend to go hand in hand.
When PacMan has 6 INTs for TDs at the end of the season he wont be singing the same line :thumbdown: What has PacMan been convicted of? What has McNair been convicted of?

Users who are viewing this thread