What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Panthers signed Maake Kemoeatu. (1 Viewer)

I find that pretty amazing. Sort of an odd fit.

Although, the Panthers will have one amazing interior if Jenkins can come back to health. He and Kemoeatu weigh about a combined 700 pounds.

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports that the Panthers have snatched defensive tackle Maake Kemoeatu from the Ravens and other interested suitors with a five-year, $23 million contract including $8 million in guaranteed money.The Ravens had targeted Kemoeatu as the free agent they most wanted to retain. Also expected to pursue him were the Redskins and the Dolphins.Though Kemoeatu is, on the surface, a replacement for Brentson Buckner, who was cut last week, we wonder whether Kemoeatu's arrival might spell eventual doom for Kris Jenkins, who has been plagued by injuries of late. He has played in only five games the past two seasons.
I'm not sure where this is from but saw it posted on another message board.

I find that pretty amazing. Sort of an odd fit.

Although, the Panthers will have one amazing interior if Jenkins can come back to health. He and Kemoeatu weigh about a combined 700 pounds.
As a Browns fan living in Charlotte, I find this hard to believe. As noted, its not a good fit to the scheme where DTs are expected to rush the passer. Also if they had the money to sign Kemo, why would they let Spoon walk whom they need badly?This guy is a block eating NT made for a 3-4. The Browns needed this guy badly. I hope this is rumor only.

I find that pretty amazing.  Sort of an odd fit.

Although, the Panthers will have one amazing interior if Jenkins can come back to health.  He and Kemoeatu weigh about a combined 700 pounds.
As a Browns fan living in Charlotte, I find this hard to believe. As noted, its not a good fit to the scheme where DTs are expected to rush the passer. Also if they had the money to sign Kemo, why would they let Spoon walk whom they need badly?This guy is a block eating NT made for a 3-4. The Browns needed this guy badly. I hope this is rumor only.
the Browns can't sign EVERY free agent out there you know

Although, the Panthers will have one amazing interior if Jenkins can come back to health.  He and Kemoeatu weigh about a combined 700 pounds.
the Browns can't sign EVERY free agent out there you know
haha, I'm getting euphoria over the well run organizations good moves and want more!!!!

Basically the idea is to eat up so much space in the middle that their LBs are free to roam, namely Dan Morgan. That logic is partly what led the 2000 Ravens to a Super Bowl Title. No one could stop Ray Lewis because they couldn't see over Sam Adams or Tony Siragusa.Thomas Davis is going to play SLB. Seems like everyone has forgotten about him (me too, so don't feel too badly)

It isn't a rumor. It is in the Charlotte Observer
On the first day of free agency, the Carolina Panthers defense already looks dramatically different.

As linebacker Will Witherspoon exits, the Panthers have added defensive tackle Ma'ake Kemoeatu, who has agreed to a five-year deal worth $23 million, including $8 million in bonus money.

Witherspoon appears poised to sign with the St. Louis Rams, who could pay him as much as $13 million in bonus money. The Miami Dolphins also are said to be making a strong pitch for Witherspoon, who could be off the market by the end of the day.

Kemoteau, who played for Baltimore, helps solidify the middle of the defensive line. At 350 pounds, Kemoteau has a reputation for being a strong run stuffer. The Panthers previously waived veteran defensive tackle Brentson Buckner and Kris Jenkins is coming back from major knee surgery.

The Panthers also are expected to lose safety Marlon McCree, who is visiting San Diego today.

Basically the idea is to eat up so much space in the middle that their LBs are free to roam, namely Dan Morgan. That logic is partly what led the 2000 Ravens to a Super Bowl Title. No one could stop Ray Lewis because they couldn't see over Sam Adams or Tony Siragusa.

Thomas Davis is going to play SLB. Seems like everyone has forgotten about him (me too, so don't feel too badly)
No, many of us did not forget about TD2. Davis is going to be a stud, Morgan will put up better stats with two big boys in front as well.

Huge Panthers fan here. I think the goal is for Maake to stuff the run, allowing Jenkins to put some pressure on the QB without giving up much in the run. I would imagine that Jenkins will clearly be in on passing downs, and then Moorehead or Carstens might come in on clear rushing downs to team with Maake. With Spoon leaving, T Davis will definitely be move to WLB.

Any word on Jenkins rehab? It seems entirely possible that the Panthers feel hes not be able to overcome his injury history, and have decided to start making a contingency plan.

Jenkins is expected to be back for training camp, last I heard, although there hasn't been a recent update. He's battled with alcoholism in the past during his previous rehab, but was said to have overcome that. Everyone in NC is expecting his return as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread