What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pat Angerer (1 Viewer)

WOW6616

Footballguy
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/15/gary-br...gerer-would-pl/

"Pat Angerer, the Colts' backup middle linebacker and the team's second-round selection in the 2010 NFL Draft from the University of Iowa, will start against Washington if Brackett can't play, Caldwell said Friday.

Whatever Brackett's status, Colts coach Jim Caldwell said his replacement is ready.

Caldwell said Angerer will make the defensive calls and adjustments if Brackett is out.

"He makes them all," Caldwell said of Angerer. "He's a smart guy. He's got great leadership qualities for a young guy and he works extremely hard.""

-------------------------

If I'm not mistaken Angerer lead the NFL in Tackles for the Preseason, I really like this guy especially with Brackett losing a step, If Pat impresses in his first NFL start I could see him getting more and more playing time as the season progresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/15/gary-br...gerer-would-pl/

"Pat Angerer, the Colts' backup middle linebacker and the team's second-round selection in the 2010 NFL Draft from the University of Iowa, will start against Washington if Brackett can't play, Caldwell said Friday.

Whatever Brackett's status, Colts coach Jim Caldwell said his replacement is ready.

Caldwell said Angerer will make the defensive calls and adjustments if Brackett is out.

"He makes them all," Caldwell said of Angerer. "He's a smart guy. He's got great leadership qualities for a young guy and he works extremely hard.""

-------------------------

If I'm not mistaken Angerer lead the NFL in Tackles for the Preseason, I really like this guy especially with Brackett losing a step, If Pat impresses in his first NFL start I could see him getting more and more playing time as the season progresses.
Kid did do well in pre-season; I just dropped Jared Cook for him since Cook hasn't do crap. Rather Keep Angerer in my Taxi for the next 2 seasons

Good stuff. Thanks for posting that.

How does everyone feel about Angerer's Dynasty prospects? I do love his talent and upside, but the ever steady Brackett signed a huge 5-year contract in the offseason and I daresay he won't be asked to take a backseat anytime soon. However, Angerer seems too talented and explosive to be riding the bench for long. A Dynasty hold, yes?

Good stuff. Thanks for posting that.How does everyone feel about Angerer's Dynasty prospects? I do love his talent and upside, but the ever steady Brackett signed a huge 5-year contract in the offseason and I daresay he won't be asked to take a backseat anytime soon. However, Angerer seems too talented and explosive to be riding the bench for long. A Dynasty hold, yes?
Without a doubt! I'm really excited to see him get out there and fly around. Don't know if this is the week he gets a shot or not but some day he will and I think he might be able to run with it. Colts LBs have been a disappointment this year IMO.

Eagerly picked him up after his pre-season showings, I've been hanging for him to get an opportunity... if Brackett is certainly out I will really be considering giving him a run this week.

Good stuff. Thanks for posting that.How does everyone feel about Angerer's Dynasty prospects? I do love his talent and upside, but the ever steady Brackett signed a huge 5-year contract in the offseason and I daresay he won't be asked to take a backseat anytime soon. However, Angerer seems too talented and explosive to be riding the bench for long. A Dynasty hold, yes?
He's sitting on my taxi squad waiting. He'll become a starter IMHO sometime later this year and won't lose the job except due to injury, eventually replacing Brackett.

Angerer was very active in his debut tonight, racking up a whopping 11 total tackles and a sack. He made a couple of nice pass defenses in tight one-on-one coverage with the RB and TE, as well. This guy looks like a gem. With some seasoning, he could be scary.

Let's watch this situation in the news together this week. How long is Brackett going to be out?

Also, once Brackett returns, will Angerer remain in the lineup as the WLB? That was the speculation in the preseason and I think he demonstrated he's mentally and physically ready to be on the field in general.

Let's watch this situation in the news together this week. How long is Brackett going to be out? Also, once Brackett returns, will Angerer remain in the lineup as the WLB? That was the speculation in the preseason and I think he demonstrated he's mentally and physically ready to be on the field in general.
I'm a dynasty Angerer owner, so I'm trying to figure out this situation as well. There are a couple things at play here that make it confusing. The Colts have a history of having stud LB's (fantasy-wise) come out of nowhere, and then letting them walk in free agency. (See: Cato June, Mike Peterson, and Freddie Keiaho to a point). It's been a plug and play kind of thing for them at LB, and whoever gets the job produces good to great stats.Brackett has looked as if he's been slower on the field this year. Not sure if it's just me, so feel free to chime in on this if you've seen something different. Angerer, while still pretty raw, got extensive playing time in the pre-season, and the coaches (from the quote listed above) seem to have no problem with plugging this guy into a 3-down role and letting him make the defensive calls. Session, especially since returning from his injury earlier this year, has been playing very well, both on the field and in the stats column. (23 solos, 7 assists in 4 games started this year. 15/5 in the past 2 games) He seems, talent wise, that he's entrenched as the WLB. And I think he looks better than Brackett on the field.The tricky part is the contract situation. According to Rotoworld:Gary Brackett - 3/5/2010: Signed five-year, $33 million contract. The deal included a $12 million signing bonus. 2010: $800,000, 2011: $2 million, 2012: $5 million, 2013-2014: $6.6 million, 2015: Free AgentClint Session - 7/28/2007: Signed a four-year, $1.960 million contract. The deal included a $295,000 signing bonus. 2009: $460,000, 2010: $550,000, 2011: Free AgentSo, despite the fact that Session looks better on the field, he's a UFA at the end of this year, while Brackett got paid big $$ just 7 months ago. So where does Angerer fit in? Tough call, since the front office would probably love to see him replace Session next year as the starter. But the coaching staff would prefer to have their best LBs on the field. IMO, that would be Angerer at MLB, Session at WLB, and Wheeler at SLB.This will be very interesting to watch play out for the rest of the season, but either way, I believe Angerer has a starting spot locked up for 2011 and beyond if he keeps up his play on the field.

The question is will he come out of the bye week the starter? He looked much better than Brackett has this season.

MindCrime said:
Nightly Mistake said:
Let's watch this situation in the news together this week. How long is Brackett going to be out? Also, once Brackett returns, will Angerer remain in the lineup as the WLB? That was the speculation in the preseason and I think he demonstrated he's mentally and physically ready to be on the field in general.
I'm a dynasty Angerer owner, so I'm trying to figure out this situation as well. There are a couple things at play here that make it confusing. The Colts have a history of having stud LB's (fantasy-wise) come out of nowhere, and then letting them walk in free agency. (See: Cato June, Mike Peterson, and Freddie Keiaho to a point). It's been a plug and play kind of thing for them at LB, and whoever gets the job produces good to great stats.Brackett has looked as if he's been slower on the field this year. Not sure if it's just me, so feel free to chime in on this if you've seen something different. Angerer, while still pretty raw, got extensive playing time in the pre-season, and the coaches (from the quote listed above) seem to have no problem with plugging this guy into a 3-down role and letting him make the defensive calls. Session, especially since returning from his injury earlier this year, has been playing very well, both on the field and in the stats column. (23 solos, 7 assists in 4 games started this year. 15/5 in the past 2 games) He seems, talent wise, that he's entrenched as the WLB. And I think he looks better than Brackett on the field.The tricky part is the contract situation. According to Rotoworld:Gary Brackett - 3/5/2010: Signed five-year, $33 million contract. The deal included a $12 million signing bonus. 2010: $800,000, 2011: $2 million, 2012: $5 million, 2013-2014: $6.6 million, 2015: Free AgentClint Session - 7/28/2007: Signed a four-year, $1.960 million contract. The deal included a $295,000 signing bonus. 2009: $460,000, 2010: $550,000, 2011: Free AgentSo, despite the fact that Session looks better on the field, he's a UFA at the end of this year, while Brackett got paid big $$ just 7 months ago. So where does Angerer fit in? Tough call, since the front office would probably love to see him replace Session next year as the starter. But the coaching staff would prefer to have their best LBs on the field. IMO, that would be Angerer at MLB, Session at WLB, and Wheeler at SLB.This will be very interesting to watch play out for the rest of the season, but either way, I believe Angerer has a starting spot locked up for 2011 and beyond if he keeps up his play on the field.

The question is will he come out of the bye week the starter? He looked much better than Brackett has this season.

MindCrime said:
Nightly Mistake said:
Would love to hear Jene chime in here but as a Colts homer I'll give my take.Angerer is exciting. Colts LBs as a unit have been a disappointment. I do agree Brackett looks slower this year. But as mentioned from the contract standpoint combined with the leadership component I think Brackett stays on the field as long as he is healthy. I also believe Session has played well when healthy. Wheeler has just been okay. Angerer looks like the most effective other than possibly Session to me. So, I think the question is do the Colts trust Angerer to play full time right now along with the health of Brackett and Session for the rest of the season. I fully expect Angerer to have a role if not this year next. I would like to see Angerer out there. My question is where does each guy fit best? Does it make sense to move Brackett to the weak side and Session to the strong? Does it make sense to put Angerer into the strong for Wheeler and keep Brackett and Session where they are? I think Angerer fits best in the middle but I'm not sure Brackett and/or Session fit as well in the other spots in order to make a flip of positioning reasonable. It is certainly something to watch out for but without question Angerer will become the best Colts LB at some point in time if you're a dynasty owner willing and able to stash him.

The question I have is, is he worth moving onto my roster from my taxi squad now? Is he going to start getting meaningful playing time? I think he's already showed that he can be trusted on the field and deserves to be there. What does the coaching staff seem to think?

Colts rookie Angerer shows fine leadership

Posted Oct. 23, 2010 @ 5:10 p.m. ET

By PFW staff

Following are several whispers we've heard recently from around the AFC South:

• The Colts were very pleased with the debut in the starting lineup of rookie LB Pat Angerer, who replaced Gary Brackett (groin) in Week Six. Not only was Angerer very active, recording 11 tackles, a sack and two passes defensed, we hear his ability to get the plays in and get the defense lined up was even more impressive.

Any word on Brackett for this week? I Googled and haven't found any info.

Angerer's 11 tackles are somewhat diminished by the fact that 7 were assisted and he was playing in Washington. In St. Louis he ends up with 4 tackles most likely.

Angerer's 11 tackles are somewhat diminished by the fact that 7 were assisted and he was playing in Washington. In St. Louis he ends up with 4 tackles most likely.
This is all I could find.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101026/S...s-ready-to-play

"Middle linebacker Gary Brackett expects to return to the lineup against Houston. He missed the win at Washington with a groin injury."

""I got treatment all throughout the weekend, so I should be ready to go,'' Brackett said."

This is all I could find.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101026/S...s-ready-to-play

"Middle linebacker Gary Brackett expects to return to the lineup against Houston. He missed the win at Washington with a groin injury."

""I got treatment all throughout the weekend, so I should be ready to go,'' Brackett said."
Colts are obviously very quiet about this stuff but the feeling is Brackett is highly likely to be back this week. It would be interesting if Angerer starts at least getting on the field some still.

There was a great interview on Colts.com with Bill Polian last week in which he addressed the possibility that the team might look to get Angerer and Session on the field at the same time. He made it sound promising, but made a pretty telling comment that they feel that Session and Angerer have similar playing styles.

That may not mean much for Angerer's 2011 prospects, but it's a very strong sign that the Colts may see Angerer as the heir apparent at WLB.

Link

Q: Is there any thought about getting Pat Angerer on the field at outside backer to get he and Clint Session on the field at the same time? Wouldn't that compensate for the weakness at defensive tackle? And with Antonio Johnson hurt, will Ricardo Mathews get more playing time?

A: The answer to the second question is yes. In answer to the first question, is I guess I would say, 'Right church, wrong pew.' There's no question that Pat and Clint are very explosive, aggressive, instinctive players. You would like to get them on the field together if you could, in some form or fashion. The question is, 'How do you do that?' We don't measure it based on statistics, especially tackles, because that's a statistic that's not very reliable. But in terms of the way they play, their quickness to the ball, their ability to punch people when they tackle, their instincts – very similar.

Jene Bramel said:
There was a great interview on Colts.com with Bill Polian last week in which he addressed the possibility that the team might look to get Angerer and Session on the field at the same time. He made it sound promising, but made a pretty telling comment that they feel that Session and Angerer have similar playing styles.

That may not mean much for Angerer's 2011 prospects, but it's a very strong sign that the Colts may see Angerer as the heir apparent at WLB.

Link

Q: Is there any thought about getting Pat Angerer on the field at outside backer to get he and Clint Session on the field at the same time? Wouldn't that compensate for the weakness at defensive tackle? And with Antonio Johnson hurt, will Ricardo Mathews get more playing time?

A: The answer to the second question is yes. In answer to the first question, is I guess I would say, 'Right church, wrong pew.' There's no question that Pat and Clint are very explosive, aggressive, instinctive players. You would like to get them on the field together if you could, in some form or fashion. The question is, 'How do you do that?' We don't measure it based on statistics, especially tackles, because that's a statistic that's not very reliable. But in terms of the way they play, their quickness to the ball, their ability to punch people when they tackle, their instincts – very similar.
I assume you mean 2010 . . .This isn't exactly clear, which BTW isn't shocking from Polian. Is your interpretation that Polian is saying that as very similar players they likely won't be on the field together, and therefore that Session would continue to play over Angerer, or that they both should as aggressive LB's be on the field together? How are you reading this?

Jene Bramel said:

Link

I assume you mean 2010 . . .This isn't exactly clear, which BTW isn't shocking from Polian. Is your interpretation that Polian is saying that as very similar players they likely won't be on the field together, and therefore that Session would continue to play over Angerer, or that they both should as aggressive LB's be on the field together? How are you reading this?
Bah, I did mean 2010. Thanks.I'm reading it as "right church" (they'd like to get both on the field) but "wrong pew" (it's not a fit for both to play together because they're too similar). The explanation doesn't make much sense to me either, as it directly contradicts the decision to use Humber, Connor, etal at WLB when Session was injured ahead of Angerer. And Session has played SLB in this defense before, and he could be moved back there to make room for Angerer.

The "wrong pew" comment may actually mean that Angerer's best role is MLB, but that doesn't fit with the later comments. We'll see how it plays out, but I thought it was worth posting given the potential (and change in the apparent philosophy) WLB interpretation.

Link

Bah, I did mean 2010. Thanks.I'm reading it as "right church" (they'd like to get both on the field) but "wrong pew" (it's not a fit for both to play together because they're too similar). The explanation doesn't make much sense to me either, as it directly contradicts the decision to use Humber, Connor, etal at WLB when Session was injured ahead of Angerer. And Session has played SLB in this defense before, and he could be moved back there to make room for Angerer.

The "wrong pew" comment may actually mean that Angerer's best role is MLB, but that doesn't fit with the later comments. We'll see how it plays out, but I thought it was worth posting given the potential (and change in the apparent philosophy) WLB interpretation.
Isn't Session likely out of Indy next year? Unless I'm mistaken, this is the final year in his contract and VERY few Indy LB's are resigned. Everyone loved Keiaho a few years ago when he was going ok playing WLB, and he vanished into thin air. Every MLB we've ever had except for Brackett was given their walking papers. For dynasty purposes, at this point of the season, is Angerer a very good hold for next year for the following hopeful scenario's?

Best case, he replaces Bracket sooner than later.

Good case, he replaces Session as a 3 down WLB.

Worst case, he's still Bracket's backup all year next year, Session is still the WLB, and he possibly replaces Wheeler at SLB, which isn't good at all.

Thoughts anyone for next year? I love the guy, want to stash him, but I don't have the space.

Link

Isn't Session likely out of Indy next year? Unless I'm mistaken, this is the final year in his contract and VERY few Indy LB's are resigned. Everyone loved Keiaho a few years ago when he was going ok playing WLB, and he vanished into thin air. Every MLB we've ever had except for Brackett was given their walking papers. For dynasty purposes, at this point of the season, is Angerer a very good hold for next year for the following hopeful scenario's?

Best case, he replaces Bracket sooner than later.

Good case, he replaces Session as a 3 down WLB.

Worst case, he's still Bracket's backup all year next year, Session is still the WLB, and he possibly replaces Wheeler at SLB, which isn't good at all.

Thoughts anyone for next year? I love the guy, want to stash him, but I don't have the space.
My impression is that they like to get a good anchor established for years at MLB, and the two OLB's tend to be treated like fungible goods, especially the WLB. Angerer is IMHO a valuable hold because he's the heir apparent at MLB to one of the (fewer and fewer) teams running a true 4-3. In his own right Angerer looks like an aggressive NFL LB who is already capable of running a huddle and making calls and adjustments.

The round trip of possible destinations for Angerer is now complete.

Link

* SWITCHING LBs? — Pat Angerer fans shouldn’t throw a party just yet, but there appears to be some thought to moving him into the starting lineup at OLB in place of Philip Wheeler on the strong side. I’ve pushed for this move in the past, but told many fans who asked that it probably wouldn’t happen because the Colts liked Angerer staying in the middle.

But Angerer played so well at Washington, 11 tackles and one sack, the Colts are evidently giving some thought to how to get the rookie on the field more, now that MLB starter Gary Brackett is back from missing one game with a groin injury. “It’s a possibility,” Colts coach Jim Caldwell said Friday of the second-round pick out of the University of Iowa playing more with the base defense.

Pat Angerer gets the start at SLB this week. Unlikely that he plays every down, but this is one of those "get something ready during the bye week situations" that will absolutely stick over the long term. Clint Session should officially be looking over his shoulder.

Pat Angerer gets the start at SLB this week. Unlikely that he plays every down, but this is one of those "get something ready during the bye week situations" that will absolutely stick over the long term. Clint Session should officially be looking over his shoulder.
clint session plays wlb why over shoulder

clint session plays wlb why over shoulder
Seesion is not signed for 2011. This is the first indication the Colts might be considering Angerer outside, as he's been passed over multiple times this season in favor of lesser players when there have been injuries outside. Not saying it happens this season necessarily, but, with Brackett signed through 2011 and beyond, Angerer's path to a full time role now looks to go through Session.

I think clint must read this board.

the colts letting a LB'er walk when a payday is coming??? peterson/marcus washington(the one they should've kept IMO)/thornton/june/keiaho/session(TBD)

The round trip of possible destinations for Angerer is now complete.

Link

* SWITCHING LBs? — Pat Angerer fans shouldn’t throw a party just yet, but there appears to be some thought to moving him into the starting lineup at OLB in place of Philip Wheeler on the strong side. I’ve pushed for this move in the past, but told many fans who asked that it probably wouldn’t happen because the Colts liked Angerer staying in the middle.

But Angerer played so well at Washington, 11 tackles and one sack, the Colts are evidently giving some thought to how to get the rookie on the field more, now that MLB starter Gary Brackett is back from missing one game with a groin injury. “It’s a possibility,” Colts coach Jim Caldwell said Friday of the second-round pick out of the University of Iowa playing more with the base defense.
Pat looked pretty good tonight starting and playing strong side in the base defense. No third down playing time, but until Session goes away that likely won't happen. Hopefully the beginning of good things to come.

I think you can contiune to see him rack up some points. He is starting at great positions and looks like he is taking tackles away from Gray Brackett, who only had 1 tackle last game!

"LB Pat Angerer made his third straight start in Sunday's game with the Eagles. Angerer started at middle linebacker against the Redskins and at strong-side linebacker against Houston and Philadelphia. (Yahoo! Sports)"

devastor said:
I think you can contiune to see him rack up some points. He is starting at great positions and looks like he is taking tackles away from Gray Brackett, who only had 1 tackle last game!

"LB Pat Angerer made his third straight start in Sunday's game with the Eagles. Angerer started at middle linebacker against the Redskins and at strong-side linebacker against Houston and Philadelphia. (Yahoo! Sports)"
Actually Brackett had to leave the game so he wasn't exactly taking tackles away. I think you can expect a dip in his numbers next week if he starts at strong-side LB.

devastor said:

Actually Brackett had to leave the game so he wasn't exactly taking tackles away. I think you can expect a dip in his numbers next week if he starts at strong-side LB.
Brackett didn't leave till the 4th quarter and then came back and played, Angerer was already ahead of him in tackles at that time by a good bit. Philly is usually tough on LB's number's because they throw so much and Vick doesn't throw to the TE much so they are or seem to be tough on tackle numbers.

devastor said:

Brackett didn't leave till the 4th quarter and then came back and played, Angerer was already ahead of him in tackles at that time by a good bit. Philly is usually tough on LB's number's because they throw so much and Vick doesn't throw to the TE much so they are or seem to be tough on tackle numbers.
Oh I had heard otherwise... maybe Jene will chime in to give us some further insight on this!

I think Wheeler got injured also then Angerer started racking up the tackles when he was filling in for him at WLB. Has there been any word on the severity of the injury to Wheeler?

I thought it was supposed to be hagler at wlb and angerer at slb?that name still cracks me up.
I think every Colt LB not named Angerer got hurt in the Eagles game. Brackett and Wheeler both left the game for a brief time. I think they both got back out there again relatively quickly without missing a lot of time. Hagler did start on the weak side, Brackett in the middle, and Angerer strong side. The kid's the real deal. He wasn't getting tackles because other guys were out hurt. He's just the quickest LB on the roster and has a nose for the ball. He tackles really well and is in on virtually every play. Without the slightest doubt he is the best LB the Colts have had in a while and if the rest of the world isn't figuring it out by now they will soon enough! Yeah, call me a homer. I won't deny it. But dude's legit I'm telling you. Just watch him play for cryin out loud.

I thought it was supposed to be hagler at wlb and angerer at slb?that name still cracks me up.
I think every Colt LB not named Angerer got hurt in the Eagles game. Brackett and Wheeler both left the game for a brief time. I think they both got back out there again relatively quickly without missing a lot of time. Hagler did start on the weak side, Brackett in the middle, and Angerer strong side. The kid's the real deal. He wasn't getting tackles because other guys were out hurt. He's just the quickest LB on the roster and has a nose for the ball. He tackles really well and is in on virtually every play. Without the slightest doubt he is the best LB the Colts have had in a while and if the rest of the world isn't figuring it out by now they will soon enough! Yeah, call me a homer. I won't deny it. But dude's legit I'm telling you. Just watch him play for cryin out loud.
I agree! He definitely has a bright future, but its really hard to say how consistent his production will be from here on out.

I agree! He definitely has a bright future, but its really hard to say how consistent his production will be from here on out.
Pat was also the nickel LB (along with Brackett) to start the game as well. He started at SLB over Wheeler, Hagler started for Session, and Brackett/Angerer were the nickel 'backers. That won't change until Session returns from his injury, which will likely be 1-2 more weeks. I doubt he stays in on third down over Session, but he's still a beast.Look at it this way. He's going to be starting, getting alot of playing time and experience, and getting better every week for the remainder of this season. I'll bet anything he is our starting 3 down WLB next year going into minicamps. Session will sign elsewhere for a bigger payday. The dude has a serious nose for the ball, just like Chad Greenway.

Pat was also the nickel LB (along with Brackett) to start the game as well. He started at SLB over Wheeler, Hagler started for Session, and Brackett/Angerer were the nickel 'backers. That won't change until Session returns from his injury, which will likely be 1-2 more weeks. I doubt he stays in on third down over Session, but he's still a beast.Look at it this way. He's going to be starting, getting alot of playing time and experience, and getting better every week for the remainder of this season. I'll bet anything he is our starting 3 down WLB next year going into minicamps. Session will sign elsewhere for a bigger payday. The dude has a serious nose for the ball, just like Chad Greenway.
Yep, writing's definitely on the wall for Session. Love the guy but he's going to become expendable and you know Polian's not going to spend the big bucks that one of our AFC South rivals will to take him away just like they have all our other LBs of the past! He's going to hit the jackpot most likely and we'll just cruise into 2011 with a far cheaper (and better IMO, sorry Clint, not bashing your game) Angerer on the weak side. We could use an upgrade over Wheeler on the strong side still though. Dyno owners should be selling high on Session right now as nobody has a clue where he'll end up.

Gary Brackett missed practice and wasn't in the locker room today. With Session likely out again, it's looking likely that we'll see Angerer flanked by Hagler and Wheeler v CIN. Could be a huge day in store for him if the Bengals can keep the game close enough to give Benson 20 touches and put up average tackle opportunity for the day.

Gary Brackett missed practice and wasn't in the locker room today. With Session likely out again, it's looking likely that we'll see Angerer flanked by Hagler and Wheeler v CIN. Could be a huge day in store for him if the Bengals can keep the game close enough to give Benson 20 touches and put up average tackle opportunity for the day.
yeah... but(KFFL) Indianapolis Colts LB Pat Angerer (illness) did not participate in practice Friday, Nov. 12, reports Phillip B. Wilson, of The Indianapolis Star. He is listed as questionable for Week 10 but is expected to play.

yeah... but(KFFL) Indianapolis Colts LB Pat Angerer (illness) did not participate in practice Friday, Nov. 12, reports Phillip B. Wilson, of The Indianapolis Star. He is listed as questionable for Week 10 but is expected to play.
For what it's worth. If Gary sits this week, and it's looking likely, Pat has a huge opportunity to explode in teh box scores.

For what it's worth. If Gary sits this week, and it's looking likely, Pat has a huge opportunity to explode in teh box scores.
Grand scheme of things to come in Indy. Read this like the Bible. Session is toast, possible IR, and even if not, he's gone next year do to contract situations. Brackett is old, yeah he's the leader, but of what? If you have Angerer rostered, don't be a fool dropping him for anything. When you go to Wal-Mart to buy your fantasy football mags in June of 2011, you will see Angerer all over the place. Get him, store him, and play him right now based on matchups. He's only getting better..

i like your guys' thinking about angerers outlook going forward. however, his matchup this weekend scares me! i don't see this game being very close and to me, that means not alot of carries for benson. your thoughts?

clarkstonwolves said:
i like your guys' thinking about angerers outlook going forward. however, his matchup this weekend scares me! i don't see this game being very close and to me, that means not alot of carries for benson. your thoughts?
I'm loving him this weekend. Session is out, and looks like Brackett is out too. Unless you already have a dream lineup, Pat is going to play every defensive snap at MLB tomorrow. CIN is going to run the ball tomorrow, alot. They know what it takes to make the Colts sweat.

Anyone have any idea on this?

With both Brackett and Session out, who's the other Nickle 'backer? Hagler? Wheeler? Some Safety?

Anyone have any idea on this?With both Brackett and Session out, who's the other Nickle 'backer? Hagler? Wheeler? Some Safety?
Almost certainly going to be Hagler. He's played there before and the Colts probably don't have the depth to play dime in the secondary.

Users who are viewing this thread