What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (3 Viewers)

So what level is there no drop off with currency again? I'm trying to figure out where I want to farm. I'm getting pissed at that **** Perpetuo or whatever that stupid ape is at city of Sarn. He hates me to have xp.
I hate that boss monkey with the intensity of 1000 burning suns. And all his monkey brethren as well.
Is there a considerable difference in loot that would drop for me in terms of potential currency and linked items between the milk run of Fellshire at lvl 59 & the harder Sarn at 62 is the question.
The monkey is easy to beat. Just gotta use a totem to draw his buddies out, run away, drop another totem and wax them. then you can deal with him one on one and you should not have an issue unless you have ignored your armor or health. just toss down another totem and lay the beat down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm lvl 18 and merveil just beat my ### down pretty badly.is that normal or am I terrible?
How many times have you died so far?Bring up chat window and type /deaths
78Level 52, Cruel ACT III
78 for me too at level 52! LolI am behind you though, as I am still on Cruel Act 2 so I will likely have many more by the time I get to Cruel Act 3
Need any help in ACT II? I could use someone trustworthy in ACT III. ;)Although, I don't see you online often, so it seems like we play different hours.
Thanks for the offer! I am trying to do this solo until I hit a complete brick wall. My playing time varies. Mostly play during the day before my daughter comes home from school.

I was thinking about this deal of the day. It is still freaking $10. $10 for a cosmetic thing. I understand it is a free game, and they are trying to generate cash, but that is ridiculous in pricing.

I was thinking about this deal of the day. It is still freaking $10. $10 for a cosmetic thing. I understand it is a free game, and they are trying to generate cash, but that is ridiculous in pricing.
Agreed, I really think they are missing the boat on this one. The effects while transferable from char to char is nice but $10 is way too high of a price point. I have a few of them simply because I purchased the closed beta promotion they had a long time ago. Now for me to purchase more weapon effects the price will have to come down to $2.00.

Thats the idea behind the business model, we get a great game with constant development, they shovel out some cosmetic items that don't give anyone an advantage, and price them in a way that anyone could afford one.They are luxury items, you can buy a handful of cosmetic effects for 25 credits, or you could buy one of the fancier looking ones for 100. Money isn't worth the same to everybody. I personally have only spent 30 on this game, 10 in closed beta for access and 20 in open beta in support of the game. I still have 60 credits just sitting there. Either way, they are a show of support.

Just a suggestion,

I would start stocking up on 2H axes and swords. I think next weeks melee items may make a bit more of a demand for these weapons. Right now a majority of 2h users only use maces thus the axes and swords can be had for cheap.

Thats the idea behind the business model, we get a great game with constant development, they shovel out some cosmetic items that don't give anyone an advantage, and price them in a way that anyone could afford one.They are luxury items, you can buy a handful of cosmetic effects for 25 credits, or you could buy one of the fancier looking ones for 100. Money isn't worth the same to everybody. I personally have only spent 30 on this game, 10 in closed beta for access and 20 in open beta in support of the game. I still have 60 credits just sitting there. Either way, they are a show of support.
Perhaps, but $10 is way out of line with cost-benefit. Keep it in the $1-$4 range and they will sell a lot more. Frankly, I would rather drop $10 on some Chinese gold seller and grab gear/currency than $10 for an effect. Just too high. I bought the $20 stash package to support.

I'm lvl 18 and merveil just beat my ### down pretty badly.

is that normal or am I terrible?
78 for me too at level 52! LolI am behind you though, as I am still on Cruel Act 2 so I will likely have many more by the time I get to Cruel Act 3
Need any help in ACT II? I could use someone trustworthy in ACT III. ;)

Although, I don't see you online often, so it seems like we play different hours.
hey, since we are at the exact same level, lets compare stats so I can see where I need to improveRanger, bow user, Level 52

Life: 1658*

Mana: 309

Armor: 2653

DPS: 468**

*Includes shield and life together(99% is life in my case)

**This is the DPS of my main non-AOE attack, no auro's included

Questions:

1) What effect do the Blacksmith Whetstones have on Quivers?

2) When crafting from a white weapon, do you guys tend to alch first and then adjust sockets fuses and color? Or do you try and get the sockets to be correct first before alching?

Questions:

2) When crafting from a white weapon, do you guys tend to alch first and then adjust sockets fuses and color? Or do you try and get the sockets to be correct first before alching?
I alch first to make sure it's not worthless.

Questions:

I wouldn't even alch it unless it has good sockets that are linked like I want. So if you find a desirable with good sockets/links, it goes like this:Use whetstone/scrap to get to 20%

THEN Alch

Then modify however you want with chaos/etc.

Questions:

I wouldn't even alch it unless it has good sockets that are linked like I want. So if you find a desirable with good sockets/links, it goes like this:Use whetstone/scrap to get to 20%

THEN Alch

what is the reason to use all the quality pieces before alching?

Questions:

THEN Alch

Use 4 as opposed to 20.

Questions:

THEN Alch

Use 4 as opposed to 20.
Yep. If white, one = 5% increase. If blue, then 2% I believe. If rare, then 1% per.

Questions:

THEN Alch

Use 4 as opposed to 20.
Yep. If white, one = 5% increase. If blue, then 2% I believe. If rare, then 1% per.
oh! I always read that they had more effect on less rare pieces but never put two and two together. Thanks!

Man, it takes forever to find a decent piece to even craft. I have a 5L chest, but nothing even close for the rest. I am always in search of a good 5 or 6L 2H weapon, and 4L boots/gloves/helm.

I got a 4L glove drop, but it is dex-based, so am saving that for my LA Ranger that is languishing at lvl 36.

Thats the idea behind the business model, we get a great game with constant development, they shovel out some cosmetic items that don't give anyone an advantage, and price them in a way that anyone could afford one.They are luxury items, you can buy a handful of cosmetic effects for 25 credits, or you could buy one of the fancier looking ones for 100. Money isn't worth the same to everybody. I personally have only spent 30 on this game, 10 in closed beta for access and 20 in open beta in support of the game. I still have 60 credits just sitting there.

Either way, they are a show of support.
Perhaps, but $10 is way out of line with cost-benefit. Keep it in the $1-$4 range and they will sell a lot more. Frankly, I would rather drop $10 on some Chinese gold seller and grab gear/currency than $10 for an effect. Just too high. I bought the $20 stash package to support.
They have many in that price range. And they have more expensive ones because someone is willing to pay for them.

Those of you that sell a lot of gear, what are the desirable perks for items? I think I have probably sold items to vendor that were worth a lot. I see stuff selling for 4-5 chaos on the forums that I just don't see it. I could use a primer on what is valuable.

Man, it takes forever to find a decent piece to even craft. I have a 5L chest, but nothing even close for the rest. I am always in search of a good 5 or 6L 2H weapon, and 4L boots/gloves/helm.I got a 4L glove drop, but it is dex-based, so am saving that for my LA Ranger that is languishing at lvl 36.
Just bought a 4L helm from the vendor in act 2 cruel.

Those of you that sell a lot of gear, what are the desirable perks for items? I think I have probably sold items to vendor that were worth a lot. I see stuff selling for 4-5 chaos on the forums that I just don't see it. I could use a primer on what is valuable.
Gloves:Increased Attack SpeedFire/Cold/Lightning/Physical Added DamageLife/Mana LeechBoots:Increased Movement SpeedBelts:Increased Weapon Elemental DamageJewelry:Fire/Cold/Lightning/Physical Added Damage%Increased Fire/Cold/Lightning/Spell DamageIncreased attack speedIncreased cast speedCritical Strike ChanceCritical Strike MultiplierEverything:LifeFire/Cold/Lightning/Chaos Resistance

I have a 5S, 4Lchest, 613 armour, lvl 49 req, +78 life, 2.6 regen and 35% fire. I wonder if I will get much for it?

What do you do with 6S items? Sell for 7 jewelers or save for crafting? Sell? What is the price?

What do you do with 6S items? Sell for 7 jewelers or save for crafting? Sell? What is the price?
High demand items I save, the rest I vendor for jewelers.Thicket Bows, Imperial Bows, Piledriver Mauls, Karui Mauls, Glorious Plates, Astral Plates, Occultist Vestments, Vaal Regalias, Assassin Garbs.

High demand items I save, the rest I vendor for jewelers.Thicket Bows, Imperial Bows, Piledriver Mauls, Karui Mauls, Glorious Plates, Astral Plates, Occultist Vestments, Vaal Regalias, Assassin Garbs.
No on 2H swords then huh?How is level 60? Too low to save?

No on 2H swords then huh?How is level 60? Too low to save?
Meh, no really good unique 2h Axes or Swords, or sword or axe skills, for now at least. Just isn't a demand.

'NewlyRetired said:
'Dragons said:
'NewlyRetired said:
'Dragons said:

Although, I don't see you online often, so it seems like we play different hours.
hey, since we are at the exact same level, lets compare stats so I can see where I need to improveRanger, bow user, Level 52

Bump for Dragons in case he missed it the first time.

'NewlyRetired said:
'Dragons said:
'NewlyRetired said:
'Dragons said:

According to the character screen:DPS: 415.9

Life: 1382 (shield 2)

Armor: 2215

No mana (Blood Magic)

'NewlyRetired said:
'Dragons said:
'NewlyRetired said:
'Dragons said:

No mana (Blood Magic)
Is the 415 your default DPS or the DPS of your main attack? Either way You are obviously a better player than i am. My stats appear better across the board (except maybe DPS) but you have advanced much quicker than I have in the game.

dilemma. I have over 100 chaos orbs now from farming. I am trying to buy better gear, but I am not seeing it. Is it better to ask on the forum or chat it up online? I would ask for it by name what I want, but I don't know what the weapons names are or if they exist. I just want better stuff. I post my stuff in chat and people send me offers of lesser gear? WTF?

dilemma. I have over 100 chaos orbs now from farming. I am trying to buy better gear, but I am not seeing it. Is it better to ask on the forum or chat it up online? I would ask for it by name what I want, but I don't know what the weapons names are or if they exist. I just want better stuff. I post my stuff in chat and people send me offers of lesser gear? WTF?
Are you using the online tool to search the forums?

Holy Crap man, 100 chaos? You are an animal. I'm finally back to 10 :bag:

I think my chest is ok for now, so will upgrade my weapon next.

Are you using the online tool to search the forums?
Yeah, but I can't really just put in the search function "best 1 handed weapon"

'NewlyRetired said:
'Dragons said:
'NewlyRetired said:
'Dragons said:

No mana (Blood Magic)
Is the 415 your default DPS or the DPS of your main attack? Either way You are obviously a better player than i am. My stats appear better across the board (except maybe DPS) but you have advanced much quicker than I have in the game.
It's what's reported on the character screen, I don't know how to tell the difference in what you're asking...I don't know whether being a better player is true or even measurable, especially at this point, but it's obviously clear I could do better with equipment! I have solo'd everything except the boss of Normal, ACT III and the boss of Cruel, ACT II. I don't think I could have passed either on my own, even with unlimited town portals, so I'm not sure being slightly ahead of you means much. I had trouble finishing off the crematorium and have trouble even getting to Piety again, so I'm clearly not 100% ready for Act III.

ETA: For DPS, I usually lead with lightning attack, follow up with lightning attack and then after everything's long dead, I might switch to a single target magic attack, so I don't think that number can be what I'm working with. I have a 2 pieces of 4L equipment, so I have 3 support gems for lightning attack.

couple more n00b questions:

I'm lvl ~19 witch, and I was thinking minion instability sounded pretty cool.

I could rush it, which gives me an 80 dam explosion per zombie at lvl 26, or take my time with it, which gives me a 133 dam explosion per zombie at 32.

right now, both of those would be awesome, but I'm fighting lvl 16 stuff, so how will that stack up at those levels, and has anybody that uses this have a yelp review?

my alternative would be to invest those points to get +150% crit chance, +60% crit mult.

my other question is about spell gems.

I passed up fire trap as a quest reward for some spell I never use, and I'm kind of pissed about it.

how can I get fire trap?

I'm a couple spots into act 2 -- just past the forest encampment.

oh, also -- what's chaos inoculation all about?

'NewlyRetired said:
'Dragons said:
'NewlyRetired said:
'Dragons said:

No mana (Blood Magic)
It's what's reported on the character screen, I don't know how to tell the difference in what you're asking...
Instead of looking at the character screen, look to the bottom right hand side of the screen where you map your attacks and skills to your mouse keys and to the keyboard keys. Hover over those icons and it will show you the different DPS for each button or key.

For example my main attack is burning arrow (left mouse button), and my two AOE's, Lightening Arrow and Poison Arrow are mapped to the middle mouse button and right mouse button respectively.

All 3 have various DPS and are different from the default DPS which is shown on the character screen.

couple more n00b questions:I'm lvl ~19 witch, and I was thinking minion instability sounded pretty cool.I could rush it, which gives me an 80 dam explosion per zombie at lvl 26, or take my time with it, which gives me a 133 dam explosion per zombie at 32.right now, both of those would be awesome, but I'm fighting lvl 16 stuff, so how will that stack up at those levels, and has anybody that uses this have a yelp review?my alternative would be to invest those points to get +150% crit chance, +60% crit mult.my other question is about spell gems.I passed up fire trap as a quest reward for some spell I never use, and I'm kind of pissed about it.how can I get fire trap?I'm a couple spots into act 2 -- just past the forest encampment.oh, also -- what's chaos inoculation all about?
A lot of questions, fire trap should be a quest reward in act 2 at some point so you can grab it again.Minion instability is good if you are going summoner otherwise the damage is pretty mediocre, you will likely benefit more from the crit chance/dmg but I couldnt say for sure without know what spells you are using.Chaos Inoculation is a keystone that makes your max health 1 but makes you immune to chaos damage, which normally pierces armor and energy shield and hits your health for pure damage (only reduced by chaos resistance). It also gives you access to the best increased energy shield nodes on the tree, which is good because with CI energy shield becomes 100% of your life pool. CI is very good if you can afford the gear to make it usable, the problem is that gear is expensive.

how can I get fire trap?
Four ways1) buy one from the online forums using the tools below. Should cost about 1chaos orbhttp://poe.xyz.is/2) create a new character and just play it up to the point where you complete the mission Mercy Mission. Witch, Shadow or Ranger will get to choose this reward3) see if some one on here has an extra one to sell/give to you4) farm for it

couple more n00b questions:

I'm lvl ~19 witch, and I was thinking minion instability sounded pretty cool.

I could rush it, which gives me an 80 dam explosion per zombie at lvl 26, or take my time with it, which gives me a 133 dam explosion per zombie at 32.

right now, both of those would be awesome, but I'm fighting lvl 16 stuff, so how will that stack up at those levels, and has anybody that uses this have a yelp review?

my alternative would be to invest those points to get +150% crit chance, +60% crit mult.

my other question is about spell gems.

I passed up fire trap as a quest reward for some spell I never use, and I'm kind of pissed about it.

how can I get fire trap?

I'm a couple spots into act 2 -- just past the forest encampment.

oh, also -- what's chaos inoculation all about?
A lot of questions, fire trap should be a quest reward in act 2 at some point so you can grab it again.Minion instability is good if you are going summoner otherwise the damage is pretty mediocre, you will likely benefit more from the crit chance/dmg but I couldnt say for sure without know what spells you are using.

Chaos Inoculation is a keystone that makes your max health 1 but makes you immune to chaos damage, which normally pierces armor and energy shield and hits your health for pure damage (only reduced by chaos resistance). It also gives you access to the best increased energy shield nodes on the tree, which is good because with CI energy shield becomes 100% of your life pool. CI is very good if you can afford the gear to make it usable, the problem is that gear is expensive.
oh, I forgot about energy shield.I was trying to figure out how I'd survive with 1 health, or why I'd want that.

edit: right now, I use 4 base zombies and don't really have plans to expand on that.

I use inferno, fireball, and firestorm(?)

kind of boring, I guess, but that's pretty much what I've gotten, and it's been fairly effective, I suppose, if not very creative.

Instead of looking at the character screen, look to the bottom right hand side of the screen where you map your attacks and skills to your mouse keys and to the keyboard keys. Hover over those icons and it will show you the different DPS for each button or key. For example my main attack is burning arrow (left mouse button), and my two AOE's, Lightening Arrow and Poison Arrow are mapped to the middle mouse button and right mouse button respectively. All 3 have various DPS and are different from the default DPS which is shown on the character screen.
Lightning Arrow: 420.7 dpsBurning Arrow: 580 dpsPoison Arrow: 459.1 dpsDefault attack: 416.7 dps

I think I have an extra fire trap you can have. What is your player name?
sweet!I won't be on 'til saturday, but I think I'm eom or eommage.maybe one is the char name and one the account, but I'd have to doublecheck.maybe I can give you some orb, or something -- don't know what I have.I'm not too hip to the orbs yet.

Nice, made 7 chromatics checking the vendors before logging off. Realm is resetting soon too, so I can check again first thing tomorrow.

Instead of looking at the character screen, look to the bottom right hand side of the screen where you map your attacks and skills to your mouse keys and to the keyboard keys. Hover over those icons and it will show you the different DPS for each button or key. For example my main attack is burning arrow (left mouse button), and my two AOE's, Lightening Arrow and Poison Arrow are mapped to the middle mouse button and right mouse button respectively. All 3 have various DPS and are different from the default DPS which is shown on the character screen.
Lightning Arrow: 420.7 dpsBurning Arrow: 580 dpsPoison Arrow: 459.1 dpsDefault attack: 416.7 dps
Ok your burning arrow is much better than mine. My bow sucks at my level which is my dps problem. For your lightening arrow, what support gems are you using to keep such a high dps? Must not be using LMP or GMP.

Nice, made 7 chromatics checking the vendors before logging off. Realm is resetting soon too, so I can check again first thing tomorrow.
I never do this and I should. Are you just looking for the red-blue-green links to trade back for Chromatics or is there something else you seek out?

Users who are viewing this thread