What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (3 Viewers)

i'm following a build that says one of my 4 link items should use the following gems:

4 Link

Cast When Damage Taken (Level 9) - Molten Shell (Level 12) - Increased Duration (Level 20) - Vaal Lightning Trap

is CWDT triggering molten shell AND lightening trap? can "cast when damage taken" trigger two gems?

i'm following a build that says one of my 4 link items should use the following gems:

4 Link

Cast When Damage Taken (Level 9) - Molten Shell (Level 12) - Increased Duration (Level 20) - Vaal Lightning Trap

is CWDT triggering molten shell AND lightening trap? can "cast when damage taken" trigger two gems?
Yes it can as long as all of the gems are spell gems and are linked

Last edited by a moderator:
My guildie hit 100 on his 1st character and is leveling up his second one.  I went from level 72 to 94 in two days running maps with him.  
so good!

I am stuck in limbo on level 92 on my character.  I can't progress as my maps are all too low so I am getting less than 1% exp per map and if I die I wipe out hours and hours of play.

I can't seem to maintain high level maps(t13 and higher) even though I alch every map I run.  I am all the way down to just having T10 maps to run.

I am making a ton of money as I have around 50ex on hand in just currency alone plus a bunch of stuff that is on sale so I might just keep grinding.

so good!

I am stuck in limbo on level 92 on my character.  I can't progress as my maps are all too low so I am getting less than 1% exp per map and if I die I wipe out hours and hours of play.

I can't seem to maintain high level maps(t13 and higher) even though I alch every map I run.  I am all the way down to just having T10 maps to run.

I am making a ton of money as I have around 50ex on hand in just currency alone plus a bunch of stuff that is on sale so I might just keep grinding.
Is this on Standard, or Harbinger league?  

50 ex on Harbinger would be insane.  Hook a brother up!

With that much currency, can't you just buy the maps you need?

I need to hook up with a sugar daddy to bump my level.  I guess I should just push through with one character.  I end up getting bored with one and moving to another.  I haven't touched my assassin/frost blades build in a while.  My electro witch has been mostly untouched as well.  Lately I've been using my flame arrow ranger Calista Flamehart.  I'm running up against a wall with her damage output though since she is out-leveling her unique bow.

Is this on Standard, or Harbinger league?  

50 ex on Harbinger would be insane.  Hook a brother up!

With that much currency, can't you just buy the maps you need?
standard.  I have never played a league (I can't bring myself to start over with no cash).

I might have to start buying maps as you suggest but buying is the worst part of the game for me.  So many people will never respond to a buy request.

Not sure what its like playing on PC right now but I cant imagine playing hardcore on the Xbone. I have had numerous deaths simply due to some sort of lag. The entire screen freezes and then all of the sudden it kicks in and everything happens at warp speed and DEATH. 

Make sure you're at or near 100 atlas completion for the map drop bonus, and just suck it up and buy a bunch of the tier maps you need.  Trading can suck sometimes, yes.  Especially in standard because a lot of people have a Standard shop, but are playing Harbinger and wont bother switching characters to sell things. 

Make sure you're at or near 100 atlas completion for the map drop bonus, and just suck it up and buy a bunch of the tier maps you need.  Trading can suck sometimes, yes.  Especially in standard because a lot of people have a Standard shop, but are playing Harbinger and wont bother switching characters to sell things. 
I am at 93 on my atlas.  I will attempt to buy some t14 and t15 maps, which should provide me 3-4% exp per map.  

Have you tried shaping your atlas?   Look up how to shape atlas it can help with map drops, and you get the maps you want and not crappy ones. 

So how do the mechanics of trading work?  I understand poe.trade and how to see who has things for sale and and how much they are asking.

So I assume I just whisper the person and then what?  They set up a party?  I set up a party?  Unclear about what happens after that.

So how do the mechanics of trading work?  I understand poe.trade and how to see who has things for sale and and how much they are asking.

So I assume I just whisper the person and then what?  They set up a party?  I set up a party?  Unclear about what happens after that.
Whisper the person, chat Hi I would like to buy  "X" item for "X" currency.   Agree to terms

Invite person to party meet in your HO if you are selling

Meet in their HO if buying.      Just a courtesy thing I guess with POE players, but you can meet anywhere even in town.    

Hit the trade button, make sure it is the correct item by mousing over it.     Make sure the currency is correct.   Hit accept.  Done. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdaou8CSZo

Whisper the person, chat Hi I would like to buy  "X" item for "X" currency.   Agree to terms

Invite person to party meet in your HO if you are selling

Meet in their HO if buying.      Just a courtesy thing I guess with POE players, but you can meet anywhere even in town.    

Hit the trade button, make sure it is the correct item by mousing over it.     Make sure the currency is correct.   Hit accept.  Done. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdaou8CSZo
You can simplify this process a bit.

If you click on the "whisper" icon underneath the item you want to buy on poetrade, it stores all the information you need.  Then you just go back to poe chat and paste and all the correct information will be there to contact the person.

I am having a blast with my new character which is a Crimson Dance Bleed Cyclone character.  I am up to level 89 with ease now and I think I have a chance to break my previous record of level 93 which is where my Frost Blades character topped off at.

I just downloaded this (and the bonus pack) for PS4. What's a good resource for a n00b?
If you are already familiar with ARPG's (Diablo 2 and 3 for example), you will have a nice baseline to work from.

As for newbie resources, Engineering Eternity's basic series videos are as good as it gets.    It may seem like drinking out of a fire hose but if you take the time to watch the vids, you will likely enjoy the game much more.  They cover all the basics that a brand new player needs to get started.

Start with these videos and then if you like them, he has a ton more on the more complicated parts of the game

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe

also, feel free to ask any questions you have here and I can do what I can to answer them.  I play on PC but I should be able to describe what you need to do on ps4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they have been very vocal in the dev Q&As, they know the community wants fast loot leagues.

Been dealing with a hip injury for the past 4 months so i missed all of this last league, i really wanna play this league but im not there yet, hopefully i can make it.

I just downloaded this (and the bonus pack) for PS4. What's a good resource for a n00b?
All I know is make sure you do a lot of research before you start playing. I played up until about level 45 and then found out I had gimped my character and wasted all those hours.

Users who are viewing this thread