What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriots are the best team in the NFL right now (1 Viewer)

Goat Herders Posted on Dec 1 2003, 11:38 AM-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Us"????"We"???"Our team???" Too funny... I'd like to see your stat-line for the year. Or at least a post when it was "us" after "you" got waxed by the Bills.For the record, I said it in August and I'm the only one saying it now: The Miami Dolphins are going to win the Super Bowl. So not only am I busting on "your" team, I'm also telling you a division rival is taking home the hardware.HERD
Amen!Btw, when the broncos make the playoffs and have to go to NE...what kind of excuse are you going to give us then :cough: matrix :cough: :confused: we nearly beat you with freakin kannell at qb...with plummer back HEALTHY and prtis running all over you AGAIN...you'll be sitting right next to the steelers!

No; I'm not crying for more respect for the Pats....I give up on that. But, doesn't it seem that some of these commentators pull for certain teams? Miami is ALWAYS an NFL darling. Always a pre-season favorite; always percieved as a contender.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: man, patriot fans are the FIRST ones to stroke themselves on this board!
Again with KC....Love holmes and green but the networks just want to see vermeil crying in Houston this february. They never mention the chiefs cakewalk schedule; or their lack of depth (IMHO) If priest goes down ~ already with a bum hip and shoulder~ they're screwed.
Don't you worry, the broncos won't get screwed again on a couple block in the backs at home like we did on dantes return to beat us.broncos will beat the chiefs at home.

Goat Herders Posted on Dec 1 2003, 11:38 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Us"????

"We"???

"Our team???"

Too funny... I'd like to see your stat-line for the year. Or at least a post when it was "us" after "you" got waxed by the Bills.

For the record, I said it in August and I'm the only one saying it now: The Miami Dolphins are going to win the Super Bowl. So not only am I busting on "your" team, I'm also telling you a division rival is taking home the hardware.

HERD 
Amen!Btw, when the broncos make the playoffs and have to go to NE...what kind of excuse are you going to give us then :cough: matrix :cough: :confused:

we nearly beat you with freakin kannell at qb...with plummer back HEALTHY and prtis running all over you AGAIN...you'll be sitting right next to the steelers!
Nearly beat you ranks up there with almost getting laid. Means nothing.

we nearly beat you with freakin kannell at qb...with plummer back HEALTHY and prtis running all over you AGAIN...you'll be sitting right next to the steelers!
Oh.....my.....God.The Broncos championship hopes rest squarely upon the mighty shoulders of Jake freakin' Plummer.I never thought I'd see the day. :o Refresh my memory....weren't the Pats down a few bodies that day as well? Weren't our starting recievers Deion Branch and David Givens? Didn't we win IN Denver? Yet you're confident that they could win In foxboro?Tell you what... You lose Rod smith, ashley lelie, and 9 defensive starters; then win against miami, philly, dallas, new england (since we beat you) and tennesee. Then we'll talk playoffs. :P

One more slam for the Phins fans....Maybe I was wrong. Maybe the NFL doesn't push for the phins out of bias or respect or whatever. Maybe it's out of pity.After all they have only made it to the afc championship game ONCE in the last 17 years!!!! :excited: :shock: (IronicallY, that's once since the Pats' "squish the Phish campaign of 1985!....They're still reeling!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh.....my.....God.The Broncos championship hopes rest squarely upon the mighty shoulders of Jake freakin' Plummer.I never thought I'd see the day. :o Refresh my memory....weren't the Pats down a few bodies that day as well? Weren't our starting recievers Deion Branch and David Givens? Didn't we win IN Denver? Yet you're confident that they could win In foxboro?Tell you what... You lose Rod smith, ashley lelie, and 9 defensive starters; then win against miami, philly, dallas, new england (since we beat you) and tennesee. Then we'll talk playoffs. :P
i believe seymore and washington were out also

Refresh my memory...how many super bowl victories do the patriots have in their 42 years of existance??? (SNOWJOB ring a bell) and how many super bowl appearances do they have???

Refresh my memory...how many super bowl victories do the patriots have in their 42 years of existance??? (SNOWJOB ring a bell) and how many super bowl appearances do they have???
Glad that you asked....After this year, we'll be 2-2 in the big game, including wins in 2 of the last 3 years. As opposed to the Broncs who've lost more big games than anyone (2-4). :wall: :bag:

The Pats have a 1 bowl win in 3 appearances.I am a huge fan of the Pats and have been my whole life, but I do agree that a lot of the Pats fans here come off as arrogant.I read someone above say that the Pats weren't playing serious in the second half. Are you serious ? They played carelessly and almost blew the game. Brady is GREAT, but that second interception was a HORRIBLE decision. I think the Pats have a hell of a team and have as good a shot as anyone to win the Bowl, but the lack of a running game is worrisome. The D is as strong as I've seen from a Pats team, the special teams are very good, and the passing game is real strong. I have a hard time saying they are definetly the best team in the league, but they are right there. As Bellichick told them last week, the Superbowl team won all their games after Thanksgiving that year, do that and then you can compare yourselves to them.

I am a pats homer and a season ticket holder of a few years now. With that being said I would think that some of my fellow Pats fans would realize that it really does not make a big differance who the best team is right now, but in four weeks when the real football starts. Because of the lead we have over Miami it is plausable to say the Pats will win the division. But do any of you really think that it's going to be easy to beat the Titans or Colts a second time? How about KC? Home or not it's very tough to go back to back wins in the NFL now days.Don't get me wrong, I am not selling out my team here. I think the Pats have a very good chance of taking another trophy home this year. But lets not try and play the 2001 "no one respects us" card. In fact think the Pats are one of the most respected teams in the leauge right now because of how they have performed with all the injuries. Michael Irvin can sit at his desk and say wow team X beat Team Y this week and that was shocking - but not really mean it. But take a look at the way some of the football reporters talk and write about the pats. I think they are genuinely :shock: at how well they are doing.

Honestly, I don't think it matters.
Why the hell do you watch, then? Winning the Lombardi trophy is a great achievement and any team that does it deserves great respect and recognition. It is perhaps one of the most difficult team achievements in all of sports and takes a great deal of both skill, luck, and just plain grit.I don't care who wins, I'll remember.1. Green Bay2. Green Bay3. N.Y. Jets4. Kansas City5. Baltimore6. Dallas7. Miami8. Miami9. Pittsburgh10. Pittsburgh11. Oakland12. Dallas13. Pittsburgh14. Pittsburgh15. Oakland16. San Francisco17. Washington18. L.A. Raiders19. San Francisco20. Chicago21. N.Y. Giants22. Washington23. San Francisco24. San Francisco25. N.Y. Giants26. Washington27. Dallas28. Dallas29. San Francisco30. Dallas31. Green Bay32. Denver33. Denver34. St. Louis35. Baltimore36. New England37. Tampa Bay38. ?

The Ref Posted on Dec 1 2003, 02:35 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a pats homer and a season ticket holder of a few years now. With that being said I would think that some of my fellow Pats fans would realize that it really does not make a big differance who the best team is right now, but in four weeks when the real football starts. Because of the lead we have over Miami it is plausable to say the Pats will win the division. But do any of you really think that it's going to be easy to beat the Titans or Colts a second time? How about KC? Home or not it's very tough to go back to back wins in the NFL now days.

Don't get me wrong, I am not selling out my team here. I think the Pats have a very good chance of taking another trophy home this year. But lets not try and play the 2001 "no one respects us" card. In fact think the Pats are one of the most respected teams in the leauge right now because of how they have performed with all the injuries. Michael Irvin can sit at his desk and say wow team X beat Team Y this week and that was shocking - but not really mean it. But take a look at the way some of the football reporters talk and write about the pats. I think they are genuinely at how well they are doing.

Hatchdog33 Posted on Dec 1 2003, 01:45 PM

The Pats have a 1 bowl win in 3 appearances.

I am a huge fan of the Pats and have been my whole life, but I do agree that a lot of the Pats fans here come off as arrogant.

I read someone above say that the Pats weren't playing serious in the second half. Are you serious ? They played carelessly and almost blew the game. Brady is GREAT, but that second interception was a HORRIBLE decision.

I think the Pats have a hell of a team and have as good a shot as anyone to win the Bowl, but the lack of a running game is worrisome. The D is as strong as I've seen from a Pats team, the special teams are very good, and the passing game is real strong.

I have a hard time saying they are definetly the best team in the league, but they are right there.

As Bellichick told them last week, the Superbowl team won all their games after Thanksgiving that year, do that and then you can compare yourselves to them.
Finally couple of Patriot fans WITH BRAINS!!! :yes: face the reality...

Luther Posted on Dec 1 2003, 01:40 PM

Refresh my memory...how many super bowl victories do the patriots have in their 42 years of existance??? (SNOWJOB ring a bell)

and how many super bowl appearances do they have???

Glad that you asked....

After this year, we'll be 2-2 in the big game, including wins in 2 of the last 3 years. As opposed to the Broncs who've lost more big games than anyone (2-4).
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

As a Pats fan, I like our chances as much as any other team in the league. Everyone has weaknesses this year. Looking at the strength of schedule though, the Patriots have won the most quality games, and to me, have the most legit 10-2 record.Wins against Tenn, Indy, Denver, Miami, Dallas, and Philly are great. The Chiefs haven't played many good teams, neither has St. Louis. The game against Denver wasn't a fair matchup from either side. No Plummer was a blow to Denver. No Seymour, Washington, T Brown, and other starters hurt the Pats. Portis is the only 100 yd rusher against the Pats this year, and with good reason, as two of our best linemen were out. I don't fear Plummer/Portis with a healthy defense, and would like our chances for Denver since we'd host the game. Without our top line, we gave Kanell to much time, and even he took advantage of it. If Seymour was in that game, Kanell would have been pressured a lot more.The Pats have some big problems though:- no dominate runner to get the hard first down- punting game is atrocious!!- to many bad penalties (roughing the kicker yesterday, how stupid is that!)- defense is great, but there were at least three dropped interceptions yesterday- Branch is good, but not yet a solid #1 receiver. I think Brady is very good, but he can only do so much with the WRs we have. Graham could be a great TE, if he caught most of his passes.- All the games are close. Our luck will run out at some point.I'm worried about the Miami game. They are playing great, and defensively match up very well against us. I don't know if we'll put up enough points on the board. Should be a slugfest.I can only dream of what our team would be like with a healthy T Brown and Patton, and most importantly, with Colvin in all year! Right now, I think Tennessee is the team to beat. McNair is great, has incredible weapons at the WR position. KC is solid, but their passing game is only ehh. Trent Green in a big game? I wouldn't want him. Indy's defense sucks again. Denver could get it going too, they have the weapons, but can their defense pick it up?

They're good and I'll give them their due for getting it done, but I'm still not convinced. This team has no identity and it will catch up to them. They get the job done, but rarely in a dominating manner. The clock will strike 12 on them at some point in time. What concerns me is the way they switch from offensive juggernuat to a shutdown defense. Again, props to what they've done, just some consern about how they've done it.
Watching them week-in and week-out, I see a team more talented than the 2001 team. That team also had no identity and I believe they won it all. They will hover under the radar and into the playoffs. The media still likes the Titans ahead of NE.

Let's get the records straight.First- Lightning in a bottle- aren't you the Bronco's fan that was crying in another thread about a couple of unruly Patsies fans wrecking your day at a Bronco home game? That was funny.Second- I believe these are the superbowl records for each teamBronco's:1978- Lost to Dallas, 27-101987- Lost to Giants, 39-201988- Lost to Skins , 42-101990-Lost to San Fran 55-10 (wiping out the Pats worst ever loss in 1986)1998- Win, over G.B 31-241999- Win over, Atl.34-19Patriot"s;1986- Lost to Da Bears 46-101997- Lost to GB 35-212002- Win over StL. 20-17This leads to a whole other discussion. One we usually have with Buffalo(Jim Kelly) fans. Is it good enough to get to the superbowl only to lose, or do you need to win it to make it count?

I don't see how the Pats shouldn't be considered the best team right now, they have quality wins in droves and Brady is playing better and better. As we've said over and over in this and other threads, every team this year has some glaring weakness so it's not as though anyone should feel overly confident, but the Pats deserve to be Vegas faves to win the Bowl as much as anyone does right now.Cheers

As a Dolphin fan, I really don't know what to say. I guess I'll start with "hats off to the patriots, because they are 10-2"However, this team has the market cornered on karma this year.In Miami, they win on a bomb after Mare (mr. Clutch) gets 1 FG blocked in regulation and misses another in OT.Against Houston, they get outplayed, but still pull this one out.Against Indy, Manning has the ball 1st and goal from the 3 and they can't score.I will say that this team comes to play every week, and that Miami Has their hands full this weekend to pull out a victory in Foxboro.Miami is never the darling of anything. We always get the shaft when it comes to scheduling. This year is no different. New england and Buffalo in Dec.... Philly and the Jets as well? No cakewalk for us. The nice thing is if the phins make the playoffs they would have earned it.Hats off to the pats and their 10-2 record. I hope we kick your butt this weekend.

A few comments from "another arrogant Pats fan".1. Pats fans will always react to blanket statements like "There's NO WAY the Patriots are the best team in football". Basically, we're insecure, but you would be too after decades of nothing (Pete Carroll: shudder).2. I see the Dolphins winning next week, at which point you will see a mass exodus from the Pats bandwagon (undeserved, as the Pats will still win the division).3. Despite records, there is very little difference between Pats/Titans/Chiefs/Eagles and the "next level" (Broncos/Dolphins/Colts/Cowboys). Any given Sunday. I don't know if the Chiefs will lose at Denver, but I doubt they cover the spread.4. Don't forget about the Bengals and Ravens. They are very good football teams.5. Do I think the Patriots are going to the Superbowl? I wouldn't bet on it (there's too many good teams/too much parity), but I'll feel like it's deserved if it happens.6. Tom Brady ain't all that. He's good, but there are plenty of good QBs in the league. The Coach and the Defense are what makes the Pats tick.7. The Rams owe a big thank you to the Pats for the beatdown they took in the Superbowl. It taught Torry Holt that he needed to toughen up, and it was PART of the education that taught Martz to use a balanced attack and kick field goals when necessary.8. Dream Playoff ScenarioBeat Ravens in FoxboroBeat Chiefs in KCBeat the Eagles in the Superbowl.9. Final thought: Teddy Bruschi is the most under-appreciated linebacker in the National Football League.Peace out.

The Pats are the luckiest team in the NFL....yesterday was a PERCECT example of this luck. First and Goal from the three and they couldnt get in?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Luck is the residue of design.
Heres another one..."Its better to be lucky than good." Ya...Ive heard them all, but there are only so many cliches one can use before "their luck finally runs out."

Miami is never the darling of anything. We always get the shaft when it comes to scheduling. This year is no different. New england and Buffalo in Dec
This works two ways. NE and Buffalo play early games in Miami, in the heat. I'd much rather have it the other way around, and the games be fair. But if NE plays in the heat, then Miami plays in the cold. NE hadn't one in September in Miami for as long as I can remember, same as with Miami in NE in December.

The Pats are the luckiest team in the NFL....yesterday was a PERCECT example of this luck. First and Goal from the three and they couldnt get in?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Stuff like this is why the Pats fans get set off.

for a second i thought they were lucky too but then i remembered that the pats were playing the colts and the colts will always find a way to choke the game away especially against the best team in the nfl. the new england patriots.

I don't know if you are aware of this, but there is this thing in football called defense. I know many watch a game and when a team has 1st and goal, the only thing they are worried about is WHO scores the touchdown(because of fantasy football), but some teams actually play defense and stop teams from scoring. You should check it out sometime.

They will lose if they have to go to Arrowhead. They won't beat the Chiefs at home.I think the Pats are a great team and thier record vs opp. is very impressive.

To begin with, I am a huge Pats fan. Yes, right now, I think the Pats may be the best team in the NFL. Right now. The obvious question is if they can maintain this play. Remember, the Pats were 7-5 this time in 2001. Still, who else in the league can say it has beaten 3 teams with 9 wins and 2 teams with 8? Half of their victories are against these 5 teams! With all the parity in the league, coaching has now become a tangible. The Colts are the only team in the NFL who has run it on 4th and 1 every time this year. Think Belichik and Crennel knew this?And yes, I would rather be lucky than good any day of the week. If you don't agree you're lying. Check out all the threads concerning 'luck' when it comes to FF. You must be good to draft or buy a good team, you need luck to win it all.

They will lose if they have to go to Arrowhead. They won't beat the Chiefs at home.I think the Pats are a great team and thier record vs opp. is very impressive.
Even though I think the Patriots are the best team in the NFL right now, a matchup against the Chiefs might be tough simply because New England doesn't have the personnel to exploit Kansas City's pathetic run defense. However, I would love to see what Belichick would do to shutdown Priest Holmes and Trent Green.

As a Dolphin fan, I really don't know what to say. I guess I'll start with "hats off to the patriots, because they are 10-2"However, this team has the market cornered on karma this year.In Miami, they win on a bomb after Mare (mr. Clutch) gets 1 FG blocked in regulation and misses another in OT.Against Houston, they get outplayed, but still pull this one out.Against Indy, Manning has the ball 1st and goal from the 3 and they can't score.I will say that this team comes to play every week, and that Miami Has their hands full this weekend to pull out a victory in Foxboro.Miami is never the darling of anything. We always get the shaft when it comes to scheduling. This year is no different. New england and Buffalo in Dec.... Philly and the Jets as well? No cakewalk for us. The nice thing is if the phins make the playoffs they would have earned it.Hats off to the pats and their 10-2 record. I hope we kick your butt this weekend.
For the most part I agree:HOU in no way outplayed the Pats (check the stats).(MIA) Blocking a FG is not all luck but the missed FG was precipitated by a MIA rec stepping out of bounds before he caught a pass for a long gain and then landed out of bounds. It was also incredibly lucky for MIA that the refs missed both so the lucky miss by Mare that followed was justice.Indy not getting it into the end zone on their last 2 possesions inside our 12 was somewhat lucky but NE has a LOT of very good defensive players. Being so close takes some of Mannings advantage away and the end of the end zone worked to NE's favor.How lucky was Kevin Faulks fumble on his own 11 with 3 minutes to play?

6. Tom Brady ain't all that.  He's good, but there are plenty of good QBs in the league.  The Coach and the Defense are what makes the Pats tick.
I can't believe you said that or that you think there are plenty of QB's as good as Brady? I can understand a non Pats fan thinking that since they haven't had the luxury of watching every game but I thought you had seen most of his games and I can not believe you think there are plenty of him out there?I agree there a plenty of good QB's and there are SOME who may be as good or better than Brady but not many. Tom Brady is all that and if you don't think so then you haven't been paying attention ;)

A few comments from "another arrogant Pats fan".1. Pats fans will always react to blanket statements like "There's NO WAY the Patriots are the best team in football". Basically, we're insecure, but you would be too after decades of nothing (Pete Carroll: shudder).3. Despite records, there is very little difference between Pats/Titans/Chiefs/Eagles and the "next level" (Broncos/Dolphins/Colts/Cowboys). Any given Sunday. I don't know if the Chiefs will lose at Denver, but I doubt they cover the spread.4. Don't forget about the Bengals and Ravens. They are very good football teams.5. Do I think the Patriots are going to the Superbowl? I wouldn't bet on it (there's too many good teams/too much parity), but I'll feel like it's deserved if it happens.7. The Rams owe a big thank you to the Pats for the beatdown they took in the Superbowl. It taught Torry Holt that he needed to toughen up, and it was PART of the education that taught Martz to use a balanced attack and kick field goals when necessary.8. Dream Playoff ScenarioBeat Ravens in FoxboroBeat Chiefs in KCBeat the Eagles in the Superbowl.9. Final thought: Teddy Bruschi is the most under-appreciated linebacker in the National Football League.Peace out.
I can't believe you said that or that you think there are plenty of QB's as good as Brady? I can understand a non Pats fan thinking that since they haven't had the luxury of watching every game but I thought you had seen most of his games and I can not believe you think there are plenty of him out there?I agree there a plenty of good QB's and there are SOME who may be as good or better than Brady but not many.
Brady won that game yesterday.His passing forced Edge out of the game and he ate a lot of time off the clock.

Turf Toe killed Me Posted: Dec 1 2003, 05:39 PM FootballguyGroup: MembersPosts: 208Member No.: 513Joined: 14-April 03 Let's get the records straight.First- Lightning in a bottle- aren't you the Bronco's fan that was crying in another thread about a couple of unruly Patsies fans wrecking your day at a Bronco home game? That was funny.Second- I believe these are the superbowl records for each teamBronco's:1978- Lost to Dallas, 27-101987- Lost to Giants, 39-201988- Lost to Skins , 42-101990-Lost to San Fran 55-10 (wiping out the Pats worst ever loss in 1986)1998- Win, over G.B 31-241999- Win over, Atl.34-19Patriot"s;1986- Lost to Da Bears 46-101997- Lost to GB 35-212002- Win over StL. 20-17This leads to a whole other discussion. One we usually have with Buffalo(Jim Kelly) fans. Is it good enough to get to the superbowl only to lose, or do you need to win it to make it count?
Actually, NO that wasn't me...I live in Ohio unfortunately, I have never been to Invesco for a Game, my first one will be in two weeks, I am pumped...against the browns!

I'm not saying anything until January. Except that I get embarrassed by the whole "chip on the shoulder" thing. Personally, I don't feel the need to argue about the Pats' status. They do thier talking on the field.

A few comments from "another arrogant Pats fan".1. Pats fans will always react to blanket statements like "There's NO WAY the Patriots are the best team in football".  Basically, we're insecure, but you would be too after decades of nothing (Pete Carroll: shudder).3. Despite records, there is very little difference between Pats/Titans/Chiefs/Eagles and the "next level" (Broncos/Dolphins/Colts/Cowboys).  Any given Sunday.  I don't know if the Chiefs will lose at Denver, but I doubt they cover the spread.4. Don't forget about the Bengals and Ravens.  They are very good football teams.5. Do I think the Patriots are going to the Superbowl?  I wouldn't bet on it (there's too many good teams/too much parity), but I'll feel like it's deserved if it happens.7. The Rams owe a big thank you to the Pats for the beatdown they took in the Superbowl.  It taught Torry Holt that he needed to toughen up, and it was PART of the education that taught Martz to use a balanced attack and kick field goals when necessary.8. Dream Playoff ScenarioBeat Ravens in FoxboroBeat Chiefs in KCBeat the Eagles in the Superbowl.9. Final thought: Teddy Bruschi is the most under-appreciated linebacker in the National Football League.Peace out.
I can't believe you said that or that you think there are plenty of QB's as good as Brady? I can understand a non Pats fan thinking that since they haven't had the luxury of watching every game but I thought you had seen most of his games and I can not believe you think there are plenty of him out there?I agree there a plenty of good QB's and there are SOME who may be as good or better than Brady but not many.
Brady won that game yesterday.His passing forced Edge out of the game and he ate a lot of time off the clock.
I think Brady has the POTENTIAL to BECOME a Montana type figure, but he still throws the occasional ill-advised pass and goes through periods of being ineffective. Don't get me wrong, I think he's EASILY in the top 10 and arguably top 5, but I maintain he's got room to grow as a player. :thumbup:

tom brady is the best quarterback in the league.especially with the game on the line. unlike mcnair. he got the job done this week.another reason why the patriots are the best team in the nfl.

tom brady is the best quarterback in the league.especially with the game on the line. unlike mcnair. he got the job done this week.another reason why the patriots are the best team in the nfl.
Talk about a 180 degree turn for Matrix..........

tom brady is the best quarterback in the league.especially with the game on the line. unlike mcnair. he got the job done this week.another reason why the patriots are the best team in the nfl.No way in hell is Tom freakin Brady the best QB in the NFL.
That's ridiculous. The Pats Defense got the job done along with their special teams. Anyone who saw that game knows Brady threw 2 terrible INT's that led to the Colts comeback and Brady had numerous passes hit Colt defenders in the gut. He did not play well at all in that game.

tom brady is the best quarterback in the league.especially with the game on the line. unlike mcnair. he got the job done this week.another reason why the patriots are the best team in the nfl.No way in hell is Tom freakin Brady the best QB in the NFL.
That's ridiculous. The Pats Defense got the job done along with their special teams. Anyone who saw that game knows Brady threw 2 terrible INT's that led to the Colts comeback and Brady had numerous passes hit Colt defenders in the gut. He did not play well at all in that game.
guess he had nothing to do with that touchdown pass to regain the momentum in the 4th quarter right? and he did play well because they won. it was a team effort all the way but to make it seem like brady had nothing to do with it is well foolish. :) if you disagree how about you show some guts and come up with your own reasons on who is better and not twist my words around.

tom brady is the best quarterback in the league.especially with the game on the line. unlike mcnair. he got the job done this week.another reason why the patriots are the best team in the nfl. Tom freakin Brady the best QB in the NFL.
\you're absolutely right i didn't know what i was thinking matrix.
see? :)

Anyone who saw that game knows Brady threw 2 terrible INT's that led to the Colts comeback and Brady had numerous passes hit Colt defenders in the gut. He did not play well at all in that game.
The Patriots dropped about three potential interceptions from Manning too. Brady is very good. He threw some bad passes, no doubts, but so did Manning. The Colts defense just caught one more. One of the picks was behind the WR, one was a horrid decision. I think Brady will continue to get better as the Pats young receivers get better. T Brown and Patton were the two starting WRs to start the year, and both gone. Brady hasn't had a consistent set of WRs all year, and throwing to two that just signed a week and a half ago. Give any QB such turnover at the WR slot, and see how they do. Add in no real running threat, and Brady is playing great. I think you could argue he's a top 5 guy, certainly a top 10 QB.

Goat Herders Posted on Dec 1 2003, 11:38 AM-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Us"????"We"???"Our team???" Too funny... I'd like to see your stat-line for the year. Or at least a post when it was "us" after "you" got waxed by the Bills.For the record, I said it in August and I'm the only one saying it now: The Miami Dolphins are going to win the Super Bowl. So not only am I busting on "your" team, I'm also telling you a division rival is taking home the hardware.HERD
Amen!Btw, when the broncos make the playoffs and have to go to NE...what kind of excuse are you going to give us then :cough: matrix :cough: :confused: we nearly beat you with freakin kannell at qb...with plummer back HEALTHY and prtis running all over you AGAIN...you'll be sitting right next to the steelers!
Uh, I believe you had Plummer and Portis, and the whole team when you lost to the BEARS at Invesco. The freakin' Bears. Yes, you lost to the Freakin' Bears, and should have lost to the powerhouse Lions. The only playoff game the Broncos will sniff this season is with a ticket. ****************************In todays NFL, the teams are even by all accounts. What seperates the winner from the loser is making the plays in the 4th quarter, with the game on the line. Against TN, we scored and stopped the Titans. In Denver, we drove down the field and scored on the Broncos D, in their house, against their D, of which Kannell nor Portis never contribute. In HOuston, we took their best, and won the game in the 4th. What is the theme? With the game on the line, the Patriots (namely Tom Brady) step their game up and make plays to win. I love that Bronco fans complain about not having Plummer (futer HOF'er? NOT). We had 5 freakin' rookies start that game, with 2 of them in the secondary. Kannell is a former starter in the NFL. NOt only did we have 5 start, but we had 8 contribute in the game, and numerous second year players. Sorry, injuries are not an excuse. The Broncos D was intact, and they couldn't stop the Pats. Your Broncos are 7-5 and they've yet to beat a team with a winning record. Of their 7 wins, 4 are in the division over the Bolts and Raiders. Then they beat Detroit, the Bengals on opening day, and Pittsburgh. Plummer or no plummer, the Broncos cannot beat good teams, and only have 7 wins thanks to the scheduling gods. Just like the last 5 years Bronco fans, maybe next year.

Luck? A goal line stand is now luck? :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: They made a great Defensive stand. Championship teams make championship plays. And yes goal line stands to end the game qualify as championship type plays. Especially when you're the visiting team.Edited:Was it also luck to have to start 20 subs this year because of injuries? Was it luck that took Rosie Colvin after one game, the TEDS (washington and Johnson) for the bulk of the first 10 games? Face it, the Pats win, because they make the plays to win, while other falter, like the Broncos (see the Chiefs game, as well as the Pats, and the Colts last year), or the Colts, who failed to punch it in from the 1. Luck is the residue of design and preperation.

now there can be no question. with the titans choking and the chiefs showing severe flaws the patriots are by far the best team in the nfl.

yea good bump, just LIKE I SAID, we would put a hurtin' on the chiefs and continue to roll all the way to the super bowl....an no im not jokin'yea the patriots won, but you played to dolphins who are 0-7 on the road the past 2 years in the month of december. :boxing: :eek: :boxing:

yea good bump, just LIKE I SAID, we would put a hurtin' on the chiefs and continue to roll all the way to the super bowl....an no im not jokin'yea the patriots won, but you played to dolphins who are 0-7 on the road the past 2 years in the month of december. :boxing: :eek: :boxing:
You'd best hope the donkeys don't meet us in the playoffs, lessin you wants Portis's neck to be snapped like a chicken. Ted Washington's got somethin for his boney ###. :boxing: :football: :boxing:

Users who are viewing this thread