What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriots being investigated after Colts game (1 Viewer)

Percent of NFL teams actively trying to steal play sheets?

• 0%

Votes: 90 33.0%
  • 25%

Votes: 91 33.3%
  • 50%

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • 75%

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • 100%

Votes: 57 20.9%

• Total voters
SO many Pats haters are such losers, literally and figuratively, it just has to be said. Go to Community College or something, volunteer. It's too bad because it's really wonderful over here- and every time Tom Brady shows he's the class of the league on and off the field it seems that only provokes more ire. De-flated footballs lol, 45-7... lol.

SO many Pats haters are such losers, literally and figuratively, it just has to be said. Go to Community College or something, volunteer. It's too bad because it's really wonderful over here- and every time Tom Brady shows he's the class of the league on and off the field it seems that only provokes more ire. De-flated footballs lol, 45-7... lol.
jealousy is a horrible emotion...and it drives the majority of the posts in regards to the Patriots. Fans of other teams can't fathom an organization being so damn good for such a long time.

First and foremost, I'm a fan of the game. I hope it's not true.
Tell the truth, most want this to be true. Most want this to further tarnish this cheating organization's legacy.
Really I don't. I think it would cheapen a great legacy, cheapen a win, and would make these boards even more unbearable for the next 20 years. It's like taking brass knuckles to a fist fight when you're the heavy favorite anyway. I was content last night with losing the game to a better team. Today, I'm having to deal with this.
How are you "having to deal with this"?
I come to this board to read and discuss football. The mere fact that you responded means you are also dealing with it. Don't try to read too much into it.
Some would say you (and I) are choosing to discuss it.

proninja said:
Tell the truth, most want this to be true. Most want this to further tarnish this cheating organization's legacy.
Really I don't. I think it would cheapen a great legacy, cheapen a win, and would make these boards even more unbearable for the next 20 years. It's like taking brass knuckles to a fist fight when you're the heavy favorite anyway. I was content last night with losing the game to a better team. Today, I'm having to deal with this.
At least you've got the Seahawks to root for in two weeks!!
Ha! Although I'm not a fan of some of the blowhards on this board, I do think I'll be pulling for your team. Just can't pull myself to do otherwise. I love me some Lynch. Good luck!

Do they have writing classes at those community colleges?

How are you "having to deal with this"?
I come to this board to read and discuss football. The mere fact that you responded means you are also dealing with it. Don't try to read too much into it.
Some would say you (and I) are choosing to discuss it.
Agreed. Which means we are dealing with it, no?

ATTENTION Pats fans: Most don't believe this incident had anything to do with the outcome of the game, BUT it just goes to show how classless this organization really is. One more nail in their legacy under Belichick. At the end of the day, if it looks like a duck.........
ATTENTION JohnnyU: might want to save the name calling until this is proven. Until then, enjoy the offseason.

Last edited:
Even if balls were a little deflated, that doesn't account for the ### kicking the Patriots gave them. In a bit of irony, this is totally "overblown".

Even if balls were a little deflated, that doesn't account for the ### kicking the Patriots gave them. In a bit of irony, this is totally "overblown".
It surely had nothing to do with the outcome. It would, however, just be one more brick in the wall in the whole "Cheatriots" stigma though, if true. They must have at least thought it would help, in order to break the rules or they wouldn't have done it. Ultimately though they were clearly the better team even without any "advantage" the deflated balls gave them.

That's not the point. The point is they probably cheated AGAIN!!! and just because they whipped the Colts don't make that right.

Well the good news is that next year, the Pats play at Indy so we can hear NE sportswriters complain about alleged piped-in crowd noise.

Nothing new if true, BB loves to take every advantage he can.
Nothing new if completely false either, so much butthurt haters.
Oh, the haterade card again and again and again? Surely there is another angle somewhere within you.
No, thats it, woke up saw this thread - scanned two pages of haters literally parroting each other "hurr durr cheatriots".

Thread full of people biting at anything that suggests the Patriots are somehow any less than any other franchise. Idk what else to call those people other than haters.

Hasn't won anything in a decade.....so there's not too deep of a track record to go on.

You NEP fans are delicate. You guys seem to love that BB is a ruthless head coach.......but when things like this come up, you want to silence any critiquing of his ruthlessness. Own his attitude and philosophies on pushing the line, it's served you well.

Oh, the haterade card again and again and again? Surely there is another angle somewhere within you.
No, thats it, woke up saw this thread - scanned two pages of haters literally parroting each other "hurr durr cheatriots".

Thread full of people biting at anything that suggests the Patriots are somehow any less than any other franchise. Idk what else to call those people other than haters.
If proven AGAIN to be cheaters, surely you can acknowledge they are cheaters, no? Or do you just play the haterade card again?

You inflate your tires on a warm day in the fall, then when the cold days of winter comes, the air becomes more dense and the psi drops in those tires. I suppose the same could happen with footballs if they are inflated warm and then stored out in the cold. :shrug:

Hasn't won anything in a decade.....so there's not too deep of a track record to go on.

You NEP fans are delicate. You guys seem to love that BB is a ruthless head coach.......but when things like this come up, you want to silence any critiquing of his ruthlessness. Own his attitude and philosophies on pushing the line, it's served you well.
Great freaking post.

I'm an Eagles fan and I'm not 100% sure but I believe his record is better post spygate if I'm not mistaken

You inflate your tires on a warm day in the fall, then when the cold days of winter comes, the air becomes more dense and the psi drops in those tires. I suppose the same could happen with footballs if they are inflated warm and then stored out in the cold. :shrug:
Then the balls Indy used would have deflated too, try again.

I'm an Eagles fan and I'm not 100% sure but I believe his record is better post spygate if I'm not mistaken
Plz don't introduce logic into this ####-filled hornets nest.

I think you are missing the point. It is not that the cheating helped the win, its that (if it is true) the organization is so sketchy that they feel like they needed to cheat. Its classless. It isn't like they were up by 30 and did something that would have no effect on the game. This is something that they would have done going into the game to get an ILLEGAL advantage if true. So stating the score is just stupid.

Ah lol.

Was waiting for the cheating accusations this morning. Deflated balls, interesting. I had my money on paying fans to point laser lights into Luck's eyes during the game.

You knew SOMETHING was coming...the hate is strong. When it's turned out to be untrue or embellished, this now just turns into the maniacs saying "COVER UP" and gives more fodder to the Pats fans to act persecuted and possibly more obnoxious.

They've done very well in the regular and post season.....but they haven't won the big one in a decade. The NFL fanbase almost universally evaluates individuals and teams on Super Bowl success.... so I'm not going to give the NEPs any credibility for playing "almost" good enough to win for a decade.

Kravitz is on WEEI now with D&C.

"I got a call about it around 12:30am, and at first I didn't want to run with it because I thought it was outlandish, but then I thought to myself 'Well everyone thought the Patriots taping practices was outlandish too.'"

Callahan immediately responds with "Well they weren't taping practices Bob, that story turned out to be false."

Kravitz: "Well whatever."

Ah lol.

Was waiting for the cheating accusations this morning. Deflated balls, interesting. I had my money on paying fans to point laser lights into Luck's eyes during the game.

You knew SOMETHING was coming...the hate is strong. When it's turned out to be untrue or embellished, this now just turns into the maniacs saying "COVER UP" and gives more fodder to the Pats fans to act persecuted and possibly more obnoxious.
Or people object to cheating. One of those.

NFL VP of Officiating said on NFL Network it's not unusual for a football to be taken out of play and tested during the week. And WEEI is reporting that one of the footballs being tested came from the Colts offense.

Kravitz is on WEEI now with D&C.

"I got a call about it around 12:30am, and at first I didn't want to run with it because I thought it was outlandish, but then I thought to myself 'Well everyone thought the Patriots taping practices was outlandish too.'"

Callahan immediately responds with "Well they weren't taping practices Bob, that story turned out to be false."

Kravitz: "Well whatever."
:lmao:

Ah lol.

Or people object to cheating. One of those.
PLUS HE WASN'T EVEN BORN HERE!!!!

proninja said:
I think the story here isn't so much that they got caught cheating against the Colts, where it didn't decide the game. The story is that they are most likely still cheating, and if they do so in a game where it doesn't matter, it's pretty much a dead guarantee they've been doing it in close games where it does matter.
That's pretty much where I come down on it. I'm not naive enough to think that most, if not all teams are trying to get an edge wherever possible. However, the kid in me still wants to believe that NFL football is about lining up in front of the guy across the line of scrimmage and seeing who the "better man" is. Belichick has already shown himself to be an A+ angle shooter. I can't even imagine how many tiny edges he's gained by methods (legal or not) other than "beat the man in front of you." It's part of what makes him a great coach, but he's also shown an indifference towards the rules, to put it kindly. It offends my sensibilities in terms of violating what I love about the game.

I'm not calling for him or the organization to be pilloried in the town square here, but it is the major reason I root against the Patriots, and I highly doubt I'm alone in that thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread