What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pawn Stars on History Channel (1 Viewer)

So Rick is at some auction in this episode. He's interested in one item, so he has the auctioneer ask the seller if he will pull it from the auction in order to sell it privately to Rick, even though that's usually frowned upon. So the seller comes over as a courtesy to negotiate in good faith. The seller gives his price; Rick heaves a sigh and haggles. Then says his autograph guy will be there soon and tells the seller "It's not that I don't trust you, but I don't trust anyone."

I would have told him to eat a #### and put it back into the auction.
I really liked this episode. Chum Lee!

You have to be extremely bored & starved for some entertainment to still be watching this garbage.
I just record the episodes, fast forward through commercials and through Pawn Star guys talking about what irks someone today, tune in to the actual items, and that's that. An episode takes about 11 minutes and I'm on to something else.

I miss Rick's wheezing and exhaling, and the Old Man struggling to keep upright in his chair. I certainly miss Rebecca schooling some obnoxious dude about the worth of his crap. I even miss hate-watching Corey's endless doosh-bagness.

Watching a rerun tonight and Rick is pulling the Corey move, not loking at the person he just made a deal with and looking at the ground while he handshakes. Corey is notoriuos for this. This makes Rick and Corey look like taking advantage I just hosed you. For god sake man up and look your client(s) in the eyes when your taking their money even when your ripping them off. Why is it the sellers are always looking at them but rarely they make eye contact back? Glad this show is at it's end. Rick's a likable guy but he is NOT the master of negotiation, he lacks way many of the skills to be that. But then again this is shtick TV along the lines on fake shows Storage Wars, Counting Cars, Gas Monkey, Etc......

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad this show is at it's end.
Where did you hear this? What I have heard is that Rick just wanted a breather. The show has been in nearly continuous production since 2009. He got married last August--for the third time. He's mentioned that his first two marriages dissolved in part because he spent so much time building up the shop that he was never at home. I have also heard that the Old Man is having some health issues.

New episodes aired tonight.

Rick looks a bit healthier, a little leaner. He did not wheeze in either episode.

No Rebecca. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Walked from Freemont Street back to the Strip on Monday. Walked right past the pawn shop, but so many people around it, I didn't even cross the street. Interesting to see Pawn Stars Plaza next door with Rick's BBQ and other things to make a quick buck on.

Rick: "They don't make them like that no more."

He portrays himself as an uber nerd but he speaks like an idiot.

Last night, they bought a guitar for $13k and turned around and sold it for $30k to the guitar expert, Jesse. I felt dirty.

It really does show that the experts lowball.

The Beard Of Knowledge with back-to-back appearances, but no Rebecca. :(

Jim Morrison's yearbook. From a legal standpoint why is okay to show his face but necessary to blur out everyone else's? Or why is it necessary to blur out anyone. Everyone inside consented to be listed and photographed.

Haven't these all been reruns? It keeps recording me episodes of this and American Pickers as new the past month or so, but then when I go to watch they are ones I've seen before.

I was watching the best of Pawn Stars last night. They basically just cut out all the crap and had the items and the experts. I wish the real show was that way.
Ashamed to say I still have this on my DVR. However I FF through all the terrible BS acting and all of the Corey segments. I hope they can tell that for ratings sake.

My DVR still catches these, but I'm now down to reading the episode descriptions, and I delete them instantly if it doesn't sound good.

I usually delete them instantly. My hated for silver-spoon punk Corey seems to override everything else.

Chumlee arrested...drugs and weapon charges while a warrant was being executed in a sexual assault investigation
Rick built this whole thing from the ground up with grit and hard work, with devotion and dedication, through struggle and setback. And when he finally gets rewarded the first thing he does is share the success with his family, including his knucklehead son and his son's idiot childhood friend--and this is how they repay him.

I honestly feel bad for Rick. He seems like a decent, authentic guy who cares deeply about his family. These two clowns contribute almost nothing positive and just about everything negative in Rick's life. 

Chumlee arrested...drugs and weapon charges while a warrant was being executed in a sexual assault investigation

Prosecuting Attorney: We're seeking the standard 15 years for these violations.

Rick acting as Defense Attorney: *sigh* Look first of all there is a lot of paperwork to do with all this, there is the possibility he was 'framed' which adds a lot of expense to the sentence. Now maybe if the guns and the sexual assault victim was in better condition I could see 5 years. *acts like he's frustratedly thinking* Really the best I could do is 10 months probation, and even at that Im being generous. Now lets shake hands and do the paperwork. *wheezing hyena laugh for no reason*

web1_chum_4.jpg

Rick built this whole thing from the ground up with grit and hard work, with devotion and dedication, through struggle and setback. And when he finally gets rewarded the first thing he does is share the success with his family, including his knucklehead son and his son's idiot childhood friend--and this is how they repay him.

I honestly feel bad for Rick. He seems like a decent, authentic guy who cares deeply about his family. These two clowns contribute almost nothing positive and just about everything negative in Rick's life. 
:goodposting:  

Those "kids" are nothing more than a couple of #### ups that have been handed everything.

Far be it from me to crap on a good joke story, but how is it possible for Chumlee to get a gun charge in Vegas? I thought guns were practically open carry legal there and even a know like Chum must have a premises permit.

:lmao:

Rick- "I'm not sure if these really are drugs, they may be drugs, but I want to call a friend of mine who really knows drugs, and guns by the way,...Chumlee, can you come over here please?"

Far be it from me to crap on a good joke story, but how is it possible for Chumlee to get a gun charge in Vegas? I thought guns were practically open carry legal there and even a know like Chum must have a premises permit.

I'm guessing it isn't legal to have the amount of weed he had plus guns.  When someone says they "smoke a lot of weed" to the cop, that makes me think he is facing a trafficking charge and wants to make the argument it is personal use.

I'm guessing it isn't legal to have the amount of weed he had plus guns.  When someone says they "smoke a lot of weed" to the cop, that makes me think he is facing a trafficking charge and wants to make the argument it is personal use.
From USA Today...

"It should also be noted that the amount of narcotics, narcotics paraphernalia and narcotics-related items found throughout the residence suggests (Russell) openly allows and participates in the unlawful use and possession of narcotics," the report said. "Many of these items are commonly found with persons who package and sell controlled substances, i.e., plastic baggies and digital scales."

Russell did not want to open the vault for the police at first, saying there were "private things" in there. He told police that he had guns and marijuana "for his personal use" in the vault and that he smoked "a lot of weed." He said he typically would buy, say, four ounces of marijuana at a time so he would not have to buy it frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread