What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 4 Draft Commentary (1 Viewer)

DocNiner52

Footballguy
I wanted to start this thread in hopes that we would use it to make our draft comments. It gets old sifting through everything in the picks thread looking for the actual picks. I think some of you know what I mean. We can use this one thread throughout the draft for our comments, explanations, bashing or whatever and keep our picks threads clean and uncluttered.

I work 3pm to 2am Mon-Fri and sometimes don't get a chance to check FBG's. I WILL try and get here during work if I know my pick is close. Otherwise FBG's is the first thing I check when I get home about 2:15am so hopefully that won't be a problem. I have sent predraft lists to people over in PDSL 3 and I'll do the same here if necessary.

Please guys use this thread for your draft comments. Thanks and good luck drafting :loco:

1.14 Portis

2.03 McGahee

I like this start. I think McGahee is going to be underrated in 07. :pics:

1.14 Portis2.03 McGaheeI like this start. I think McGahee is going to be underrated in 07. :lmao:
Good rb tandem to start off. I think Portis will get good numbers even if Betts takes some carries. McGahee will want to prove himself with the Ravens in his first year. Both should produce nicely for you this year.

I have to leave for work in a few minutes so I pm'ed TAG with my pre-draft list for round two. I should have time later at work to check round 3 :goodposting:

Not too much to say just yet- I think there will more discussion mid/after round 5. I anticipate at least 5-6 more wrs in the next 10 picks- then I am unsure what will happen. Each PDSL draft has gone wuite a bit differently.

I'm content to start with LJ and Benson, although I'm going to want to grab some WRs now that the run has started.

I will be working 3pm-4am today. I may not be able to check the draft until around 10pm. I can make my pick from work.

The last pick was a hard one for me. I had some players that I had rated a bit higher, but drafting them would have limited my options in upcoming rounds. I am hoping Clayton can build upon his success from last year.

Just wanted to thank Rob for taking my draft list, and like to comment. Or complain to DocNiner for snagging MTurner from me 2 picks b4 mine. Risky, but if if he's traded, he's gold.

My selection of Kevin Jones was also risk/reward. I would have never touched him here, and definately not in the WSLs, but I read an article posted yesterday that he's already jogging around, taking it slow.

That's what I like to hear. Some jogging, gain some strength, starting running, start cutting.

IMO Turner is = to KJones. We'll see if both hit gold, or if we were chasing rainbows.

I have nothing to lose with Gates as my 1.07. KJones if heathly, would have never made it out of the 1st round, either.

I really wanted McNabb and would have taken him fairly quickly in a redraft or a H2H. However, since I have Westbrook, I didn't want 2 of my top 4 to be from the same team because of bye weeks or to likely have a poor score if Philly has a bad game offensively.

I don't think

I feel very confident in my core four:

RB Larry Johnson

RB Cedric Benson

WR Donald Driver

WR Reggie Brown

I think I'll have some big weeks and hopefully not too many stinkers. Plus, I've been fortunate to pick four player with unique bye weeks. I'm liking the early makeup of my squad.

Ladanian Tomlinson

Deuce McAllister

Roy Williams

Braylon Edwards

Alge Crumpler

No complaints here yet. Might have preferred Crumpler a bit later, but he's worth a slight reach given what's likely to be left after another 30 picks.

QB: Donovan McNabb

RB: Frank Gore

WR: Marvin Harrison, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Randy Moss

Gamble on Moss but at WR25 not too risky.

If he returns to form, this is far and away the best WR squad in the league.

QB: Donovan McNabbRB: Frank GoreWR: Marvin Harrison, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Randy MossGamble on Moss but at WR25 not too risky.If he returns to form, this is far and away the best WR squad in the league.
Yeah, good luck with that. After watching the Raiders play for the last couple of years I've safely assumed Moss's career is over unless he gets traded / cut. :goodposting: Anyway.QB: Marc BulgerRB: Willie ParkerWR: Reggie Wayne, Marques Colston, Donte StallworthI guess we've had the same game-plan the whole time. I have a slight edge at QB, you have a slight edge at RB, both our WR corps are easily outclassing everyone else's. It'll be fun snaking each other's picks since we're just alternating who gets who first. :goodposting:

I was hoping to get 3 starting runningbacks in the first 6 rounds. I am not sure how many I have. In my experience in Survivor leagues where you don't have to pick a starting line-up, you can wait a bit on wr's.

I don't think I look as good as some other teams yet, but I think I will have a good deal of flexibility in future rounds:

RB: Brian Westbrook, Adrian Peterson, Jamal Lewis

WR: Torry Holt, Mark Clayton

Blue-Kun said:
valence said:
QB: Donovan McNabbRB: Frank GoreWR: Marvin Harrison, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Randy MossGamble on Moss but at WR25 not too risky.If he returns to form, this is far and away the best WR squad in the league.
Yeah, good luck with that. After watching the Raiders play for the last couple of years I've safely assumed Moss's career is over unless he gets traded / cut. :lol: Anyway.QB: Marc BulgerRB: Willie ParkerWR: Reggie Wayne, Marques Colston, Donte StallworthI guess we've had the same game-plan the whole time. I have a slight edge at QB, you have a slight edge at RB, both our WR corps are easily outclassing everyone else's. It'll be fun snaking each other's picks since we're just alternating who gets who first. :shrug:
I don't think Bulger is an edge at QB. I have a Huge edge at RB. I'd rather have a Gimpy Moss than any WR in New England right now.

How is Bulger not an edge at QB? He's got better passing skills, better WR's and he just stayed healthy through a full season. McNabb was off to an excellent start and then got hurt -again-. His last two seasons have been plagued with serious injuries.

Gore is an edge at RB, but not as big a one now that Turner is gone, he pretty much boosts every RB he's with. Gore is a monster, I get to see that pretty much every week, but I can't see his numbers staying so astronomical. Even if you do keep the numbers the same, he only scored 30 more pts than Parker last year. So... not a gigantic difference.

Unmotivated Moss + No QB + Crappy O-line = pretty awful unless he ends up in GB or something. :pickle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Team reference

QB Ben Roethlisberger Pit 7.07 (6)

QB Matt Schaub Hou 8.10 (10)

RB Kevin Jones Det 4.10 (6)

RB LaMont Jordan Oak 5.07 (5)

RB Fred Taylor Jax 6.10 (4)

RB Chris Perry Cin 11.07 (5)

Rb Najeh Davenport Pit 20.10 (6)

WR Larry Fitzgerald Arz 2.10 (8)

WR Andre Johnson Hou 3.07 (10)

WR Ashley Lelie SF 10.10 (6)

WR Bobby Wade MIN 14.10 (5)

WR Anthony Gonzales OSU 15.07

WR David Givens Ten 16.10 (4)

TE Antonio Gates SD 1.07 (7)

TE Bubba Franks GB 19.07 (7)

K Robbie Gould Chi 13.07 (9)

K Jeff Reed Pitt 17.07 (6)

K Rob Bironas Ten 18.10 (10)

DEF Chicago Bears 9.07 (9)

DEF Denver Broncos 12.10 (6)

Team referenceRB Kevin Jones Det 6RB LaMont Jordan Oak 5RB Fred Taylor Jax 4WR Larry Fitzgerald Arz 8WR Andre Johnson Hou 10TE Antonio Gates SD 7
I can't believe Taylor fell that far. I didn't care as much for your team before, but Taylor helps immensely IMO. Taylor is a great player in survivor without picking starting line-ups. I think he will play a lot for you.

Romulan

01.11 - Peyton Manning, QB01, Colts

02.06 - Carnell Williams, RB19, Buccaneers

03.11 - Plaxico Burress, WR16, Giants

04.06 - Warrick Dunn, RB27, Falcons

05.11 - Deion Branch, WR26, Seahawks

06.06 - Ben Watson, TE08, Patriots

07.11- Delhomme QB Carolina

08.06- Heath Miller TE Pitts

09.11- Drew Carter WR Carolina

Well, it's a cliche to say that you love your team...who doesn't on draft day? But I love my team so far...

QB: Philip Rivers

RB: Ladanian Tomlinson, Deuce McAllister, Ladell Betts

WR: Roy Williams, Braylon Edwards

TE: Alge Crumpler

QB Tom Brady

RB Sjax

RB Tjones

RB Marshawn Lynch

WR Boldin

WR Cotchery

WR Berrian

WR Brandon Marshall

WR Jerry Porter

So far, so good. :yes:

QB: Philip Rivers, Jason Campbell, Billy Volek

RB: Ladanian Tomlinson, Deuce McAllister, Ladell Betts, Correll Buckhalter, Chris Henry

WR: Roy Williams, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Jones, D.J. Hackett

TE: Alge Crumpler

QB: Brees, Grossman

RB: Maroney, Barber, Peterson (CHI)

WR: D Jax, Calvin Johnson, Drew Bennett, Arnaz Battle

TE: Eric Johnson

QB: Kitna, Young

RB: Portis, McGahee, A. Green, R. Williams, M. Robinson

WR: Matt Jones, Santonio Holmes, Reche Caldwell, Bobby Engram, Eric Parker, Hank Baskett, Roscoe Parrish, Travis Taylor

TE: Winslow, Royal

DT: Carolina, St. Louis

PK: Matt Stover

considering i waited until the 7th round to take my first WR, i'm not that unhappy with the way they turned out.

I feel very confident in my core four:RB Larry JohnsonRB Cedric BensonWR Donald DriverWR Reggie BrownI think I'll have some big weeks and hopefully not too many stinkers. Plus, I've been fortunate to pick four player with unique bye weeks. I'm liking the early makeup of my squad.
QB: Vick, Frye, QuinnRB: LJ, Benson, TBellWR: Driver, RBrown, Vincent Jackson, Williamson, ToomerTE: SchefflerD: PhiladelphiaK:I think I started well but have now fizzled quite a bit.

I feel very confident in my core four:RB Larry JohnsonRB Cedric BensonWR Donald DriverWR Reggie BrownI think I'll have some big weeks and hopefully not too many stinkers. Plus, I've been fortunate to pick four player with unique bye weeks. I'm liking the early makeup of my squad.
QB: Vick, Frye, QuinnRB: LJ, Benson, TBellWR: Driver, RBrown, Vincent Jackson, Williamson, ToomerTE: SchefflerD: PhiladelphiaK:I think I started well but have now fizzled quite a bit.
I disagree. You can't draft big names if there is none left. Vick is great in this format. TBell will get carries even if it's a change of pace back if KJones comes back. VJax and TWill have chances to showcase in O's with no true #1. If they perform is a different situation.

QB: Philip Rivers, Jason Campbell, Billy Volek

RB: Ladanian Tomlinson, Deuce McAllister, Ladell Betts, Correll Buckhalter, Brandon Jackson

WR: Roy Williams, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Jones, D.J. Hackett, Ernest Wilford, Chris Henry

TE: Alge Crumpler, Bo Scaife

Def: Jacksonville, Miami

K: David Akers, Matt Bryant

QB Tom Brady, Jamarcus Russel, Andrew Walter

RB Sjax, Tjones, Marshawn Lynch

WR Boldin, Cotchery, Berrian, Brandon Marshall, Jerry Porter

TE Greg Olson, Mercedes Lewis

Def Dallas D, Giants D

K S Graham, Josh Brown

QB's- Eli Manning, Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle

RB's- Rudi Johnson, Chester Taylor, Michael Turner, Antonio Pittman®,Ron Dayne

WR's- Lee Evans, Mushin Muhammed, Joe Horn, Bryant Johnson,Kevin Walter, Mark Bradley

TE's- Chris Cooley, Visanthe Shiancoe

PK's- Josh Scobee

DEF/ST- San Diego Chargers, Cincinnati Bengals

QB: Leinart, A.Smith

RB: R.Brown, Henry, Dillon, Irons, Moats

WR: Coles, Furrey, Curtis, Reg.Williams, Jarrett

TE: Gonzalez, Troupe

PK: Tynes, Longwell

DT: Patriots, Titans

QB: Donovan Mcnabb (5), Daunte Culpepper (10)

RB: Frank Gore (6), Jerious Norwood (8), DeShaun Foster (7), Mike Bell (6)

WR: Marvin Harrison (6), TJ Houshmanzadeh (5), Randy Moss (5), Michael Jenkins (8), Terrance Copper (4), Rod Smith (6) Samie Parker (6)

TE: Dallas Clark (6), Zach Miller (???) Leonard Pope (8)

D\ST: Green Bay (7) Houston (10)

K: Nate Kaeding (7) Mike Nugent (10)

QB: Losman/6, Leftwich/4, TGreen/8

RB: Alexander/8, DAWilliams/7, Washington/10, MBush/5

WR: ChJohnson/5, Walker/6, DmWilliams/8, Rice/5, McDonald/6, Bryant/?

TE: Davis/6, Smith/5

K: Rackers/8, Gostkowski/10

DT: Raiders/5, Saints/4, Lions/6

QB: Carson Palmer (5), Chris Simms (10), David Carr (7)

RB: Reggie Bush (4), Edgerrin James (8), Domanic Rhodes (5), Mewelde Moore (5)

WR: Chris Chambers (9), Joey Galloway (10), Isaac Bruce (9), Greg Jennings (7), Keyshawn Johnson (7), Antwaan Randle El (4)

TE: Todd Heap (8), Owen Daniels (10) Daniel Graham (6)

PK: Jason Elam (6), Martin Gramatica (8)

D\ST: Pittsburgh (6), Atlanta (8)

Users who are viewing this thread