What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pennington has rotator cuff surgery (1 Viewer)

CommuterMan

Footballguy
According to ESPN - Pennington had his second surgery on his rotator cuff on Thursday. The surgery was Pennington's second in eight months. Although Dr. Andrews said the second "tear" was less severe than the first tear, the question that will be asked over the coming weeks is what will this do to Pennington's career. Is it over? Will he play again for the Jets or even in the NFL?

Sure he'll be back- if he takes a paycut.
Agreed - a major focus in the offseason will be restructuring his deal. No matter how they slice it, the cap hit will be huge regardless of whether he sticks around or not. But Bradway and co. will try to make it the least damaging as possible.In any case, I strongly doubt he'll be ready for the beginning of the season next year, so look for them to bring in a solid alternative option.

Last edited by a moderator:
The odds are against Chad Pennington ever being a healthy QB for an entire season. However, Brian Griese once appeared to be similarly fragile with having a torn labrum in consecutive seasons (I think that's right), and he's bounced back. But suffice it to say he's even more likely than the average QB to miss time due to injury.

Agreed - a major focus in the offseason will be restructuring his deal. No matter how they slice it, the cap hit will be huge regardless of whether he sticks around or not. But Bradway and co. will try to make it the least damaging as possible.In any case, I strongly doubt he'll be ready for the beginning of the season next year, so look for them to bring in a solid alternative option.
Any update on if the Jets will be able to restructure his deal? I know the cap hit for cutting/trading him will be about $10 million so that option is most likely out, but he's also on the books for $13 million this year (6 base/3 roster bonus/4 signing bonus).

Any update on if the Jets will be able to restructure his deal? I know the cap hit for cutting/trading him will be about $10 million so that option is most likely out, but he's also on the books for $13 million this year (6 base/3 roster bonus/4 signing bonus).
I don't see how he won't restructure. He and Curtis need to if they want any shot at winning some games next season (regardless of Pennington's injury). Another note, before Edwards left, they said they were absolutely bringing in competition for Pennington in the off-season.

Users who are viewing this thread