What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peyton Hillis- Startable against Philly ? (1 Viewer)

RalphMouth

Footballguy
Jacobs didn't practice again today. Philly has a bad defense. Hillis can catch the ball well and would get goalline chances.

Am I wrong here ?

He has a pretty good chance of a td. I wouldn't expect more than 40-50 yards on the ground out of him, however.

PHI defense has played a little better lately. He's not going to go wild on them. But he should get 4 or 5 catches, decent yards, and a good chance at TDs. Have no qualms starting him where I need to.

When you start 2 RB's and L.McCoy is your first option and your other 3 options are S.Jackson,B.Jacobs and P.Hillis...he makes a real good start!

40 yards rushing,1 TD, and 25 yards receiving is a fine Bye week RB2 start.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am starting him in fanduel in some line ups, mostly where i wanted Peyton Manning or to stack my WRs.

fantasycurse42 said:
Yes, I absolutely would recommend my opponent starts Peyton Hillis this week.
Be careful what you wish for.

If Jacobs is out Hillis could have a really good week. It would just be him and Cox again and Hillis did enough last week to distance himself from Cox to know he will likely play 65-70% of the snaps. Hillis is a good receiver out of the backfield and can score TD's.

He had 14.2 pts last week after being signed off the street. Now he has a full week of practice and the total confidence of the coach.

If Jacobs is out I suspect Hillis gets: 15 carries 52 yards 1 Td and 6 Receptions for 42 yards.

Hillis is the ultimate one week start with the Giants bye week in week 9 and Andre Brown coming back after. For this week you could do a lot worse.

Philly run defense hasn't been that bad. Where they've been terrible is the linebacker coverage and secondary. Specifically covering Wide receivers. They've let up more 100 yard receiving players than any other team so far. So Nicks, Cruz and Randle expect at least one maybe two to go off. Hillis, probably along the lines of 25 yds rushing, 15 yds receiving, low percentage chance of a TD.

Philly run defense hasn't been that bad. Where they've been terrible is the linebacker coverage and secondary. Specifically covering Wide receivers. They've let up more 100 yard receiving players than any other team so far. So Nicks, Cruz and Randle expect at least one maybe two to go off. Hillis, probably along the lines of 25 yds rushing, 15 yds receiving, low percentage chance of a TD.
I think those of us considering starting him are in PPR leagues.Considering the bye weeks and the carnage that has been happening at RB, those in a bind for a bye week could do way worse

I don't see the downside to starting Hillis. It's a rather risk free start I feel. I don't see where you get your 25/15 yard prediction. It's just pulled out of nowhere.

Hillis a street free agent off the couch rushes for 36 yards, catches 5 passes for 45 yards against the Vikings, who are about 3 slots worse than the eagles, giving up about 2 more rushing yards per game this year.

Hillis has had a full week of practice. Feels ready for an "expanded role" in his own words.

At the very least, Hillis should repeat his 36 yard, 5 catches for 45 yard performance. He's against a team that is almost equal in stopping the run as he faced last week. He is in better shape this week. He is only 27 years old.

I would predict about 50 yards rushing, 6 catches for 45 yards. In my league that is 15.5 points. If he scores a TD it's just icing on the cake.

I will be thrilled if I can get 12 points out of him this week. I could do much worse for a FA pickup to fill in for Forte this week. In fact, I released Lamar miller for him, who I think will do way worse

IMO, the only reason Hillis doesn't score 10+ points is if the giants are getting creamed and they have to pass pass pass. And even if that's the case, how many dump offs do you think Hillis is going to get? I would say at least 5-6

I think those of us considering starting him are in PPR leagues.Considering the bye weeks and the carnage that has been happening at RB, those in a bind for a bye week could do way worse

I don't see the downside to starting Hillis. It's a rather risk free start I feel. I don't see where you get your 25/15 yard prediction. It's just pulled out of nowhere.

Hillis a street free agent off the couch rushes for 36 yards, catches 5 passes for 45 yards against the Vikings, who are about 3 slots worse than the eagles, giving up about 2 more rushing yards per game this year.

Hillis has had a full week of practice. Feels ready for an "expanded role" in his own words.

At the very least, Hillis should repeat his 36 yard, 5 catches for 45 yard performance. He's against a team that is almost equal in stopping the run as he faced last week. He is in better shape this week. He is only 27 years old.

I would predict about 50 yards rushing, 6 catches for 45 yards. In my league that is 15.5 points. If he scores a TD it's just icing on the cake.

I will be thrilled if I can get 12 points out of him this week. I could do much worse for a FA pickup to fill in for Forte this week. In fact, I released Lamar miller for him, who I think will do way worse

IMO, the only reason Hillis doesn't score 10+ points is if the giants are getting creamed and they have to pass pass pass. And even if that's the case, how many dump offs do you think Hillis is going to get? I would say at least 5-6
I'm trying not to tempt the fantasy gods. They've had it out for me all year. I'm actually starting him in both my leagues. So yea he's a bum that will suck this week.

But still, I'm not expecting much. Philly gets torched through the air. They haven't let up a 100 yard rusher all year facing Morris, Charles, Martin etc.

I'm trying not to tempt the fantasy gods. They've had it out for me all year. I'm actually starting him in both my leagues. So yea he's a bum that will suck this week.

But still, I'm not expecting much. Philly gets torched through the air. They haven't let up a 100 yard rusher all year facing Morris, Charles, Martin etc.
I may start him in standard if graham can't go.

Waiver wire steal. Started him last week at flex and looking like ill give him another round.

Eagles pass D=awful and ranked 30th

Eagles run D=pretty decent and ranked 11th

Jacobs against Philly 3 weeks ago= 11 rushes, 37yds. I would be throwing all day against the Eagles if I was coaching the Giants. I wouldn't go out of my way to start Hillis. I know with six teams on bye some May not have a choice.

Eagles pass D=awful and ranked 30th

Eagles run D=pretty decent and ranked 11th

Jacobs against Philly 3 weeks ago= 11 rushes, 37yds. I would be throwing all day against the Eagles if I was coaching the Giants. I wouldn't go out of my way to start Hillis. I know with six teams on bye some May not have a choice.
Hillis is more dangerous as a pass catcher.No one is expecting 100 yards rushing. But if he had 40 on the ground and 50 through the air, that's huge for a bye week or injury fill in from the WW. Add in PPR points and even without a TD, that is a good day.

As I said, if I get 12 points I'm thrilled, but I'm thinking I'm looking more at 18

my top 3 RBs are Foster, Forte, and Matthews. All on a bye. I am rolling with Peyton and Ogbyonna. My QBs are Luck and Rivers and I also have Andre Johnson, Fleener, Gates, and Hilton. Vinatieri is my kicker. I have never had an entire team on a bye like this. I literally have this line up.

Glennon

Ogbyonna

Hillis

Terrance Williams

J. Blackmon

H. Douglas

TE - Empty

K - Can't remember

DEF - SF

SF and Blackmon are the only regular starters in my entire lineup. Not liking my chances.

Serviceable day. Of course Lamar Miller and P thomas did slightly better on my bench but can't complain.

Users who are viewing this thread