What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peyton Mannings Value (1 Viewer)

Camarosmith

Footballguy
Will this hurt him if Indy doesnt find an adequate replacement or will he be the ultimate gunslinger now? Curious to see what everyone thinks.

I don't like the offseason the Colts are having at all. Overpay Wayne, get rid of Edge... not good.

I think the 2006 Colts will not only throw more by design, but throw more by necessity as well, as they won't be as dominant as the 2005 version.

I don't like the offseason the Colts are having at all. Overpay Wayne, get rid of Edge... not good.

I think the 2006 Colts will not only throw more by design, but throw more by necessity as well, as they won't be as dominant as the 2005 version.
Yep, but from a fantasy perspective, I don't see the Colts running away with things any and sitting on games in the second half, let alone resting players in the final weeks. All good things for Manning's stats.

unless they get a total bum to replace him, I don't see his value dropping at all.
On the contrary, I hope they have nobody replace him and cut James Mungro.Then he'll throw 50 TDs.

If I were the Colts, I'd be in touch with Chicago right now about aquiring Thomas Jones. His salary over the next few years would fit in with the Colts & keep their window of opportunity open for a few more years. Going into next season with Rhodes, Maurice Morris or some 2nd round rookie is just asking for problems & the Colts opportunity is in the next 3 years.

Edge was an excellent blocker. I believe teams will be blitzing him all the time. Just like SD and Pitt.

He takes a loss. IMO
Good point, just when one would think Manning couldnt audible anymore. How about Mike Anderson to fill the void?

Edge was an excellent blocker. I believe teams will be blitzing him all the time. Just like SD and Pitt.

He takes a loss. IMO
'Just like SD and Pitt. 'Yeah, those teams ran right over Edge. :lmao:

Edge was there for those games. No lose. On blocking or picking up the blitz.

He was in there, heck Edge helped Larry Johnson with His picking up of the blitz. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

He takes a loss. IMO
Good point, just when one would think Manning couldnt audible anymore. How about Mike Anderson to fill the void?
I agree that Manning takes a nice hit as of now. I think they will land a very solid RB in the draft though, so this will all be water under the bridge in about another month or so IMO.

2001 when Edge got hurt was his worst season except for his rookie year. I expect about 4000/30/15. Not bad but not worth a high pick.

Very possible, but is that really a bad thing from an FF standpoint?Manning threw 45 times against the Chargers for 336 yards. His highest attempt total and 2nd highest yardage output of the season.

He threw 38 times for 290 yards against the Steelers. 3rd most attempts, 6th most yards for the season.

For fantasy players, the increase in Manning's pass volume should more than make up for the slight loss of effectiveness.

Has everyone forgotten Dominic Rhodes? Rhodes did just fine when Edge was out with a knee injury. I think he can pick up right where Edge left off. He wasn't fully healthy last season, he should be now. Maybe the Colts don't go after anyone and just go with who they have and maybe grab a guy off the wire that is cheap.....A-Train maybe?

Has everyone forgotten Dominic Rhodes? Rhodes did just fine when Edge was out with a knee injury. I think he can pick up right where Edge left off. He wasn't fully healthy last season, he should be now. Maybe the Colts don't go after anyone and just go with who they have and maybe grab a guy off the wire that is cheap.....A-Train maybe?
Rhodes is never healthy! They will draft a RB, they should be able to get one of the top 4 RBs coming out in draft. There is always 1 or 2 RBs falling in the draft.

If I were the Colts, I'd be in touch with Chicago right now about aquiring Thomas Jones. His salary over the next few years would fit in with the Colts & keep their window of opportunity open for a few more years.
Why would the Bears let him go? They don't yet know what they have in Benson.

If I were the Colts, I'd be in touch with Chicago right now about aquiring Thomas Jones. His salary over the next few years would fit in with the Colts & keep their window of opportunity open for a few more years.
Why would the Bears let him go? They don't yet know what they have in Benson.
I thought Benson was coming along nicely before his injury. They also still have Peterson. All looked good in the Bears running system. I would bet Jones could be had for a reasonable price. I'm just hoping the Colts don't try to go into the season with Rhodes or Morris. Everyone remembers the numbers Rhodes put up back when Edge was injured, they don't remember the Colts going 2-8 over that time. Colts need a complete back or Manning is going to have problems.

As a Harrison and Wayne owner...I love the fact that James is gone. I see good numbers for Manning, Harrison and Wayne

Edge

2001: 151 662 3 (injury)

2002: 277 989 2 (1st yr back from ACL)

Harrison

2001: 109 1524 15

2002: 143 1722 11

Wayne

2001: 27 345 0

2002: 49 716 4

Manning

2001: 4131 26

2002: 4200 27

I think they'll just draft a rookie RB in the first round and groom him. I can see them bringing in someone to help with the grooming process (like Maurice Morris, who we know was in Indy not too long ago).

As far as Manning's value -- I think they'll be passing MORE while they groom their young RB (assuming they do go with my thoughts). His value I think will go UP this coming season, as will Harrison and Wayne's.

If I were the Colts, I'd be in touch with Chicago right now about aquiring Thomas Jones. His salary over the next few years would fit in with the Colts & keep their window of opportunity open for a few more years. Going into next season with Rhodes, Maurice Morris or some 2nd round rookie is just asking for problems & the Colts opportunity is in the next 3 years.
What would you expect the Bears to get out of the deal?

The Colts will be just fine without Edge, this is essentially a non factor for Peyton in the sense that he remains one of the top two or three fantasy QB options [as he would've been with Edge].

The Colts will be just fine without Edge, this is essentially a non factor for Peyton in the sense that he remains one of the top two or three fantasy QB options [as he would've been with Edge].
The Colts were just fine when Edge went down with the knee injury a few years back. The Colts will still win ten games and then fizzle out like a bad fart in the playoffs.

2001 when Edge got hurt was his worst season except for his rookie year. I expect about 4000/30/15. Not bad but not worth a high pick.
I say 33TD 16INT. 4500-4700 yards.
I don't have a problem with that, I think the main difference is going to be the INT's which will go up.

The Colts were just fine when Edge went down with the knee injury a few years back. The Colts will still win ten games and then fizzle out like a bad fart in the playoffs.
3-7 is not "just fine".

How can you say this? You take away a top 10 RB over the last 5 years, defenses will not have to worry as much about the running game, and it will not hurt Manning? I do not get the logic.

When a team loses a top tier RB it WILL hurt the QB. There is no way around it.

3-7 is not "just fine".
Which had a lot more to do with the fact that the defense ranked 29, than it did the fact that the offense ranked #2.

Users who are viewing this thread